really unusual affection

Moderator: Mods

ambros1a

really unusual affection

Post by ambros1a »

not that im complaining or anything.. haha
tonight i went over to the cage to have a chat with the fids, poked my hand around the side behind babys head poking my fingers between the bars hopin for some scratches, and OMG she stayed there, didnt move except to tilt her head to the side ever so slightly to allow me better reach.
Thought, why not, ill press my luck a bit, put my hand in through the open door, slowly came up and wth.. she didnt move again by now shes usually biting and lunging - bugger off! but tonigth? nope, she tilted her head even further to the side and moved her neck so i was where she wanted scratches - right under her eye + ear area, along the 'ring' line.
I stood there, i kid you not, for a full 10-15 mins, swapping hands every once in a while, and she was just soaking it all up, no clicking or anything, just blinking at me and watching me so intently.
By then my arm was killing me lmao so came back down to drink my cuppa, by the time i was done, she hadnt moved, head was still tilted, so i went back over and gave her more scratches.
I kept telling my partner this is so weird shes never done this before, come look, he finally came over, and watched for a few mins, i told him to try it, see what she does, i walked away he went over, and yup, same thing, she just sat there soaking up as much as she could.

Ack im sorry to have written a damn essay on this, but im just so damn excited and happy and confused lmao shes NEVER been like this before, just quietly enjoying a scratch im hoping (if the phenomenon ever occurs again lol) that ill be able to get it on cam too, id love to share it with everyone
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

that is great!
MCS
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

SEIZE THE MOMENT!

Try this every night at the same time. It would rock if she would allow you to bond with her so lovingly.

Always on their terms... :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

i would so love to be able to do that, except we work arvo shifts, 2-10pm and by that time, we wake them anyway, just to cover them up lol (i know weve done the to cover/not to cover issue, but theyre used to it lol)
and before we leave, shes either being a bitch, being playful or just wants to be with arch, u really cant separate the 2 of them for long lol
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby acts like a 'bitch'. Definition: mean for no reason, mood swings. Reckon dudes and chicks are just that way.

Baby hasnt stepped up for me in two days. We arent getting along. :evil:

Jealous because Buddy is really coming along and Im working with him a lot.
~ Mikaela Sky

ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

im starting to notice the jealousy a lot more.
arch is like a typical spoilt turd of a kid.. i will give them both their straw hats, but as soon as my back is turned arch will drop his, chase after baby and steal it, untill i look over and see that he has the wrong hat (progress of chewing helps a lot lol)
hes taken to chasing her off favored perches and things, taking what she has, even if he has the same.

today he did the weirdest thing though, we had them on the back of the couch to clean out the cage and while we did other things, and arch looked like he was grooming baby, but.. it REALLY looked like he was poking her in the eye with the tip of his beak, but all she did was stare at him with her head off to the side (notee : this was MANY hours b4 our marathon scratch session).
Bizarre behaviour all round i spose, not understanding, but lol why should i? im only their human lol im sure its more amusing to watch us go 'uhmmmm what the heck are they doing' and staring lmao
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

2 yr olds... I swear. :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

exactly!
i tell ppl i dont need kids i got my fids and theres 2 2year olds that imma have for a LOOOOOONG time lmao.
the return argument is often 'yea but with kids, least after a certain point they can look after themselves' HA!
but the fids want only love, food, water and LOTS of toys, haha what i can spend on them on toys, man.. they make me shudder at what a couple of the real children would cost hahaha these two are so spoilt, dunno if theyd like having a younger simbling in the house, that wasnt with them 24/7 lmao and took me away from them (i can hear the screaming for mum now, just as bubs in bed....) :shock: :lol:
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Magellan wants a hat too!
MCS