Trying To Talk? (please reply!)

Moderator: Mods

err-luff

Trying To Talk? (please reply!)

Post by err-luff »

Ok,
My IRN makes these cute squeeky noises.
It kind of sounds sad but one of my mothers friends said it sounded like it was trying to talk.
It sounds like mumbling, squeeky and sometimes it sounds a bit like a monkey. My mother agrees with her friend coz you can hear it going up and down like it was copying a wolf whistle (mum does this a lot to it)
If your IRN talks,
what did it sound like when it was practising or trying to talk?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Both of my boys make like a whimpering sound but they are content so I suppose it just 'sounds' sad to us because we are programmed to think a whimper to mean pain, physical or emotional.

Not the case with my fids, Baby especially, who is a big talker.

He goes into the whimpering/napping trance state where he mumbles and makes odd sounds.

It use to really bother me when he was a baby and I didnt know what he was doing. :cry:

If things arent right to suit them, they SCREAM :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

My Yoda does this too. He is quite young and I do think he is 'trying' to talk. He will squeak at me whenever I say 'hello Yoda I love you'.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
mareta

Post by mareta »

I felt like a bad mom when a friend, who watched Nora while i was out of town, told me that it was so cute that my bird said "hi Nora". OOPS! I realize that what I thought was an attempt to whistle a tune was her talking. So my advice would be to listen very carefully to your mumbler-you might be surprised at what you hear
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

That is so true. Baby gets his head tucked into his back and lord, away he goes.

Every phrases he knows and repeat. :roll:

It is very sweet though. He is almost 2, wonder if he'll always do this? Buddy doesnt, hes 3
~ Mikaela Sky

Topaz

Post by Topaz »

Oh dear Mik - "if things aren't right to suit them - they SCREAM" - OUCH :oops: mine scream all the time (all 3 of them) so maybe they don't think that I am/will be a good mum? :roll:
Anne
controlled by:
2 Poodles, 1 Maltese, 1 tiel, 3 INR's
Oh & a hubby
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I wouldnt jump to that conclusion.
:idea:

That would be almost to say a cat that never purred was aways unhappy. I wouldnt equate that to unhappiness unless obvious signs of unhappiness are being noticed such as over-preening, plucking, boredom, et cetera.

Im not here to judge people or their birds, only to give advice and spread the word on how wonderful the creature truly is. :wink:

Judging is a fast track to hell, one I dont walk. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

Topaz

Post by Topaz »

No Mik I'm not judging - just an Aussie way of saying - heck I don't know whether I cut it as a mom for the birds :roll: - I certainly would never criticise anyone here, they are all so very very helpful, mind you I would dearly love the birds to listen or read the advice so that they could understand what I'm trying to achieve with them!! :lol:
Anne
controlled by:
2 Poodles, 1 Maltese, 1 tiel, 3 INR's
Oh & a hubby
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

mik- peanut does the same thing. he'll get all puffed up, tuck his head in his back feathers, and chatter away! sounds really cute too!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Gilbert kisses his back when sleeping and squeaks for hours! Then does his scary claw dance. Pokes his claw out and waves it around in circles then attacks his head with it while growling. :shock: weird birdie!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Topaz wrote:Oh dear Mik - "if things aren't right to suit them - they SCREAM" - OUCH :oops: mine scream all the time (all 3 of them) so maybe they don't think that I am/will be a good mum? :roll:

Topaz wrote:No Mik I'm not judging - just an Aussie way of saying - heck I don't know whether I cut it as a mom for the birds Rolling Eyes - I certainly would never criticise anyone here, they are all so very very helpful, mind you I would dearly love the birds to listen or read the advice so that they could understand what I'm trying to achieve with them!!

Mikaela wrote:I wouldnt jump to that conclusion.
:idea:

That would be almost to say a cat that never purred was aways unhappy. I wouldnt equate that to unhappiness unless obvious signs of unhappiness are being noticed such as over-preening, plucking, boredom, et cetera.

Im not here to judge people or their birds, only to give advice and spread the word on how wonderful the creature truly is. :wink:

Judging is a fast track to hell, one I dont walk. :lol:

No, I was letting you know my statement was generalized. A scream doesnt mean they are unhappy at that moment, that would be to say a cat that wasnt purring was unhappy.

You ask: So maybe you dont think I would be a good mum?

Im not anyone to answer that nor is anyone else, only you can. I dont judge people I CAN look at, I certainly dont make judgments about people because of their text. Unless, it speaks for itself, then we are forced to LOOK at what we SEE. Even then I dont judge, not looking to go to hell, I only pray harder for them because thats what I was taught to do. :wink:

The truth is, text sucks. One can read it how they choose. One can make your words as sweet as they were meant or turn them around to be as evil as their intentions.

I dont allow my words to be minced.

Thats why I dont do PM unless it is PRIVATE. Get it... PM... Private Message. And VERY RARELY. I want the members to see all, hear all and know all for it is YOUR board... I just have to keep the trolls away. :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky

ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

yea... speaking of which :shock: :evil: :?

but on the 'noises' topic, baby does it all the time too, tucks in for a nap, on one foot, then talks to herself the whole time, archimedes just looks at her like would u just STFU PLZ!! im tryna sleep over here!
lol its so cute, and funny, but damn, does she get loud lol, i wonder how much shes actually sleeping, and how much she just wants to hear her own voice (as pretty as it is lol)
Pounamu

Post by Pounamu »

PsittaculaChick wrote:Gilbert kisses his back when sleeping and squeaks for hours! Then does his scary claw dance. Pokes his claw out and waves it around in circles then attacks his head with it while growling. :shock: weird birdie!

LOL :lol: That made me crack up laughing.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Its weird. :shock: I need a video camera badly.