regurgitation? he can feed himself damnit!

Moderator: Mods

ambros1a

regurgitation? he can feed himself damnit!

Post by ambros1a »

ok, so a lot of you guys saw the clip i got of baby/loki 'feeding' achimedes, but come on!!! He CAN feed himself, weve seen him do it, its almost all he does all day when hes not going 'squeak squeak' at baby!
heres the clips for those that havent seen it
http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k36/a ... 6_1324.flv
http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k36/a ... 6_1325.flv

so anywayz, heres the thing : we dont know if we should be allowing this, its not a big issue to me, if its a way for them to bond, but my partner is not impressed one bit by it, puts arci back in his cage if he keeps 'asking' or squeakin for it.
should it be stopped so arc can uhh digest his own food lol, or is it really ok for them? i wonder if hes worried that baby feedin arci might leave less nutrition for him/her (damn this confusion)
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

I will be watching for an answer on this one, anyone?
I had a good giggle though, Loki is just being a good bigger brother taking care of little achi :lol:
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Bird crazy

Never thought of that

Post by Bird crazy »

Do you have a scale for the birds that way you could weigh him and make sure he's not losing weight.

:wink:

I don't have one and have wished several times I did. One of these days I'm gonna have to break down and get one.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

might be an idea, both babies are gonna goto the vet at some point in the next few weeks coz theyre in need of clipping and ive seen it done by vet once, the woman at the store twice, actually made one chick bleed last time we were there, my dad was even cringing listenin to the babies squawk as she handled em, but ill get them both weighed at the same time, thinkin of goin to that new guy at chermside i seen a few ppl here talkin about the new avian doc on pfingst or w/e if he knows about ringnecks... why not id rather be safe than sorry if you guys trust ur babies with him i dont see why mine cant go for a visit
Bird crazy

Dancing

Post by Bird crazy »

My Priya who is DNA sexed female actually did the dance just like Nila my DNA male, only she did it for me, not him. I was holding her on my arm and chest and she stood tall, pinned her eyes, kept bobbing that head back and forth and making little chirping noises at me and trying to regurgitate food to me and put it in my mouth. Even did the little wind spread at the shoulders and kept the tips pinned down to the side.

Cracked me up. And I must tell you I love my birds but I will not be fed by her either. I can feed myself just fine. I do not need a scale to verify that. :lol:

Nila was on my other shoulder and he was leaning in to get a good look and kept trying to get his beak in between her's and my mouth. Poor little fella, he does the same dance for her and she tries to bite him.

So I have no idea if the dance Loki does is male or female now that both of mine have done the same dance.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

lmao! omygosh im so glad they havent tried feeding me, i mean, bring me a seed or something, we can share that, but ill pass on the 2nd hand food ty :shock:
they seem to get along great but after a bit, loki starts bitin arcs feet, and the lil dipshit is too dumb or too stubborn to move his cute lil yellow butt!
not sure what to do about that either, so if it keeps going for a few mins, he/she refuses to stop biting, archie goes back in his cage, and it dont seem fair lol.
at the moment arc sleeps in his own cage but soon as daylight hits and he sees her in her cage hes scratchin around the bottom like a lunatic till we put them together, only to separate later for either the biting or 'sharing' of the food, 1 bowl is ok to eat from but it doesnt have to be the exact same seeds lol :shock: