trouble getting enter out of his cage

Moderator: Mods

watever

trouble getting enter out of his cage

Post by watever »

Ok so the thing is as soon as a go near his cage to taking him out he just freaks out. i gave him a while to calm down, then as soon as i get him out he tries to fly away (wings are clipped). Anyway after wasting alot of energy is wasted he calms down and everything is fine. Is this normal (ie attachment to his cage) or something else?

also he doesn't use his feet to grab hold of things. Is there any way i can encourage this?

man i feel like im asking useless questions!!!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Let him work out the feet thing...it's something they learn. You can help by handing him little foot toys or pieces of food that need to be held.

On taming him...type 'taming' into our search tool *point above*

Dani
watever

Post by watever »

yeah thanks i guess i should of tried the search thingy first
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

dont sweat it... noone does.

:lol:

But after Dani and I typing the same thing over and over and over lol we had to begin turning friends towards topics that have been beaten to death. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

i almost have that problem with my latest addition achrimedes (8weeks old), i can goto the cage no probs, i can touch him usually however unless he 'flies' off himself he dun wanna! lol he grips on so tight with either his beak or feet,, but its funny coz hes still so wonky on his feet.
walkin on the carpet this arvo, he tripped a little lol. copped a bite on the foot from baby today when he flew to her cage and climbed up it :shock: the squawk - omg whatta noise lol scares the crap outta me everytime lol.

feet, he doesnt hold anything in them yet, b ut as i said he still needs to walk properly and get his confidence up a lil bit more, till we get him reclipped (dang woman only doing 1!) i just kinna hold in in my hands, try keep his wings down (haha yea, right, good luck) and give him pats for little bits at a time

my only ideas with him freaking out, could be to try a veeeeeeery slow approach and let him watch ur every move, talking to him softly, to show that you're not a threat to him, then when u make it there, give him something he really likes to eat as a reward. (i cant type heh)
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Taming takes patience and persistance. I'm having the same troubles with my Yoda but he's settling down more and more everyday. (and getting LOUDER) :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

Chickie- I was thinking last week, awww these guys aren't noisy at all what's everyone talking about? I actually stopped and really listened to just how noisy my house is today, tiels squawking, Pepper and Silk yammering away at each other and Biscuit doing that little begging call everytime he see me (the bringer of food). The two non feathered babes are the quietest here!
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

I had some folks installing a new furnace/AC today & suddenly realized what a din there is in my living room, as well. Baby budgies are big enough to get some volume and the adults "talking" over them, canaries singing away, finches beeping, tiels whistling and Magellan (the hussy) screaming at men for attention like she usually does. At least the cats were hidden under the bed so they didn't realize they are usually "talking" too. Think the poor installers thought they had wandered into a loony bin. :roll:
MCS