How much can a IRN say??

Moderator: Mods

Newbirdmom

How much can a IRN say??

Post by Newbirdmom »

Maya is talking more and more learning so much. My question is how much can they realy learn. I sware my Maya is part gray or something she talks so much and is picking more up every day. She even sounds like my dog crying. Here is what she says now

Kiss kiss
Step up
I love you
Maya
what a good bird
what a coocoo bird
Good girl
good boy ( ok she is gender confused)
Go to be right now
thank you
what
what you doing
what you think you doing

There is more that she says but I can not make out. Is this posible I mean she is not even 1 year old. You can tell me I just have a big mouth for a bird or she has a big mouth for a mom lol.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

They say 250 plus.

Baby stretches that, Im sure.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yep...they won't shut up!

Dani
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

now I feel like a really bad mom....Magellan is still babbling. Think I can pck out a hellooooo some times. Maybe after I am home a bit more this week she will work more on her human sounds than her bird ones!
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Yep they are very intelligent birdys! 250 + and in my opinion the most clearly spoken of all the birds. Ive been told they learn more when young but can older birds learn to speak? Gilbert just rambles on doesnt really say clear words but occasionally might come out with a couple of clear words. He doesnt sound like the IRNs ive seen.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

PsittaculaChick wrote:Yep they are very intelligent birdys! 250 + and in my opinion the most clearly spoken of all the birds. Ive been told they learn more when young but can older birds learn to speak?

I agree and Yes! Big Bird had learned two phrases and the wolf whistle since he got home. He is at least 3... about Louis age.
~ Mikaela Sky

indy

Post by indy »

Wow!!! Mine not a year yet eaither and just a few days ago out of the blue started saying good baby and ok and i have never heard mine even try to say anything besides squaks and screams. I thought mine was older maybe i didnt think they could learn that young. I am waiting then for mine to start saying my dogs name which is millie we say it alot all day i am afraid my dog will freak out though will be funny because right now i deal with my bird chase my dog away from his dog bowl when she tries to eat and my little dachshund minnie is so afraid of this bird the bird loves to chase her and bother her lol i have to but my ring neck in its cage so my dog can eat or site next to me its funny but sad pore doggie if that bird calls her name shell probably freak especially when iam not home and my birds in its cage saying that.
We all love are indian ringnecks and we all agree there great birds.
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

its funny that you say that. peanut does the same thing to the dog we are watching. peanut chases the poor dog everywhere. its funny to see a 60 pound dog running for cover with a little bird hearding after her. anyways, peanut WAS talking about a month ago, but now all i hear him say is muffeld words and teil' noises. i think he's scared to talk around dan. weird
Xenobia

Post by Xenobia »

LOL. They just keep on going, don't they?

Busey is up to:
Hi
Shake hands
What?
Good bird
Pretty bird
Are you a good birdie?
Very good bird
C'mere
Kiss
Give him kiss
Give her kiss
Gimmee kiss
Thank you
Wow!
Oh!
Huh?
Do you need a time out?
Get ready for beddie byes
BEDDIE BYES!
Night night good birdie

Plus any combination of the above in a way that makes sense to him.
For example, if we're not giving him enough attention he'll tell us "you need a time for beddie byes". It's really funny when he says he's a "pretty good bird". :D

Also:
*wolf whistle*
*star trek whistle*
*come here whistle*
*laughs*

And the latest is to say WHAAAAAAAAAT! really loud and obnoxiously.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

WOW! you can have a conversation with him! almost. :wink:

I love the WHAAAAAAT! Gilbert does the same but says YEH YEH YEEEEEAH! really obnoxiously. Hmm wonder where they picked this up from? hehe.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year