ummm,what the heck is he doing?

Moderator: Mods

Freighttrain

ummm,what the heck is he doing?

Post by Freighttrain »

Ok,Every so often I will see my blue male doing a little dance....He will half way open his wings and duck his head down.Head is going up and down while dancing back and forth......ummm,this better not be what I think it is......For god sake,they ain't even a year old yet!Also,I see him regurgitate some foot and feed my female.Then every so often I see her do the feeding thing but mostly him....
Donna

Post by Donna »

Yep thats what it is!!! They go through the motions but their not sure of what their doing yet. Now if they start getting more into it I would seperate them until their at least 2 years old. The females body is not quite mature enough to lay eggs yet and could become a problem like eggbinding.

Donna
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

Dang kids! :roll:
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

ain't hormones grand!
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

aww he loves her! birdie love is strange! :shock: Gilbert was doing that to his toy bell few months back. I dont think the bell was accepting his 'birdie love'. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
awesome-o

Post by awesome-o »

lol fantastic! as the saying goes... Birds will be birds
Owner of 1 ringneck: Charlie
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

My friend’s irn male 4yo loves her female zon and will dance for the zon all the time. The zon just looks at him like what are you thinking little man. It is so funny to watch.
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

Now that would be a strange looking bird!

Anyone make a chastity belt for birds?
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yep...hormonal little buggers aren't they!

Dani
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

well,Blueberry is still trying but Coconut(Shop pretty much named them.Didn't like it at first but it is growing on me :? ) ain't having anything to do with it.Kinda funny.He has gotten desperate.I caught him looking at me and doing the dance.Ummm,Sorry bud,wrong species and I aint' *** :shock: ....hee hee hee,Oh he is soooooo horny it ain't even funny. :roll: Kinda feel sorry for him.They are SOOOOO attached to me too.I step out to have a smoke,Work on my truck,Get something out of the truck and they both go NUTS.I can hear them outside giving that IRN scream......Hee hee hee,As I type this they are both on the floor of the cage and he is regurging to her.I am so happy I decided to go with a IRN instead of any other breed of bird.......even though I still deeply miss my little green buddy Fred(Dad named it),RIP lil Buddy. :cry:
Damien

Post by Damien »

umm my bird does something like that I hope its not the same thing cuz we play with em all the time and call it peekaboo he will put his head down wait for a kiss then pop his head back up real quick and we say peekaboo and then do the same thing over he loves it
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

AH CRAP.......this aint' good.Seems my Creamano(SP?) ain't a she....that is unless the females will do the dance every now and again....Please tell me they do....Oh please.I just saw ......It....do the dance.If She is a he I don't know what I am going to do.Don't have room to split them up and really wanted a male and Female.I had Blueberry sexed and knew for a fact He was a He.Trusted the shop to Coconut that she was a she.For a while all the tell tells were saying female till tonight.......Really don't want to do the trade thing since "It" is accustomed to being here.......but I am afraid to house 2 males together.......HEEEEELLLLP!!!!
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

dont fret too much lol

my albino (will be dna'd one day) is supposedly female (apparently thats how things go, ive not heard of a single mention of an albino male, dont mean it dont happen though), but anywayz, weve had her since august, and shes done that dance for soooooo damn long now, to me, my man, anyone, the sawaying side to side, so hypnotic, the beautiful calls.. entrances me as much as her.

now to just see if my lil archimedes really does turn out to be the little man im thinkin he is lol :shock:
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

OH I hope your right.But Mine is not a full albino.Yellow tint Albino.Creamino.Maybe she is just imitating him since he is going crazy for a peice....hee hee hee,Poor little feller.He just wants some lovin.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Oh I've seen plenty of albino males...and I am sure that you and I have two of them.

One of these days I'll get around to getting Prin tested...again...cause 'she' acts more like a 'he' nowadays. *sighs*

Dani
Freighttrain

Post by Freighttrain »

Wooooo,I think I just got my confirmation of my Creamano being Female.She is sitting there roosting(head turned around with beak burried in her feathers).The male is over there doing the dance putting his beak on her neck and back I noticed she finally gave up trying to sleep and looked like she pinned her eyes and bent her head straight back.I will say,she is NOT in a good mood now!About 5 minutes later she chased him across the purch and down to the bottom of the cage.Once he got down to the bottom she just kinda chilled out up topside.Guess he hasn't learned.Don't piss off a sleeping female!