Hatred of Toys?

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Hatred of Toys?

Post by Lauren »

Hi, My Gilbert has always disliked toys. I bought some new toys yesterday and all he seems to do is scream at them and get stressed out. When he was younger he used to unhooked all his toys and throw them on the floor! He has only ever liked one toy only. His beloved toy bell! And will only sleep in one spot, underneath 'the bell'. Its so cute. He sleeps with it on his back like it's cuddling him. And in the morning he wants me to unhooked his bell and throw it on the floor so he can play with it. He has never liked any other toy. A few months ago he 'chose' this bell as his mate. Regurgitating and mating with it. It became a problem because he would not let anyone near his 'mate' by growling then charging at feet and biting toes (once cornering me and giving me the look of death!). He's settled down now (thankgod!). But why doesnt he accept new toys? :? Does anyone have this problem? The toys not good enough for him? I love these new toys and if I was a parrot I'd be all over them! hehe.

Donna

Post by Donna »

Is he giving us the rasberry?? Very cute LOL

Donna
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Males can look so vicious HA!

Punks. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I love their 'evil' looks.. its soo cute hehe. :twisted:

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Thats why I love the boys so, care nothing about the ring. That grouchy face... reminds me of my Paw-Paw.

Prinny has it. We got to get HIM tested. Prove me wrong! I dare you! :twisted:

Good thing Im not manipulative. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I KNOW Mik...I know...I'm planning on getting Prin tested again sometime...Prin does have that 'evil' look down :roll:

Dani :idea:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

How old is Prinny? I was always calling Gilbert a HIM when he was a bub and it turned out to be true. But I'm not sure about Yoda. I'm hoping male so I dont have mating IRN's :wink: And I'm not ready to be a grandma yet!

Do male and female IRN's have different personalities/habits?

:shock: Gilbert sat on his new swing today! and has now accepted a new bell! I think he might have a 'thing' for bells. This is amazing since he's never liked any toys.. WOOOOHOOO.. Maybe the toys wernt up to his standards? hehe I'm thinking of buying more toys for xmas and wrapping them up for my fids! hehe Gilbert loves to chew up newspaper I'm sure he'll love it. :lol:
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

ive learnt when it comes to toys, my bird is afraid of EVERYTHING new.
the trick if, leave it in the bottom of his cage for a while, let him sus it out and what not, after a while bring it up to playing level, and see how they go, this approach though slow, seems to work best with my girl
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Prinny is going to be 2 this coming feb.

I dunno this bird has me confused...she/he will act girly but still do all the male things...I'll get Prin tested sometime...

Dani
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Maybe you have liberated birds....who can take the best of both sides (I think I hear Helen Reddy singing faintly somewhere)
MCS