is it nearing aussie moulting season?

Moderator: Mods

ambros1a

is it nearing aussie moulting season?

Post by ambros1a »

hey guys, just wondering if some of the other aussies might be able to help me out here, are we coming into a molt season now as it heats up?

my little girl has become the little bitch :shock: lol shes nasty! doesnt want pats and scratches, hates coming outta her cage.. and the feathers, omg, theyer everywhere! and more than she seems to be losing (although those 2 bright pink bare patches on her wings that come thru when shes wet, or ruffled, look rather bright)

is there much i can do to help her feel better at this time? poor baby, ive been uhh.. a bit off myself lately (hence not being around as much as id like to be) and know how shed be feelin
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

your local pet store should have some stuff to add to her water that should help.

when i was working in a store, we sold heaps of it every 6 months, but naff all at other times, so i guess it works.
Adam and Dude
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Moulting is hard on a bird...can't blame the grumpiness. Albinos look especially terrible huh?

Dani
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

thanks guys, ill hafta look into the supplements for the water, both for her to feel better, and our fingers lol.

i know im already molting like crazy, so figured itd be reasonable for her to be starting too
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

My Gilbert started moulting a few weeks ago. Nows he's a scruffy butt! :lol: Now i have to remember what time of the year he starts being 'hormonal' AND 'moulting'. I had some trouble with his hormonal evil mood swings a few months ago. But he seems fine now that hes moulting. Wants more cuddles! :wink:
I was wondering. Does the new feathers coming through hurt? Its sure looks like it must hurt. :(