Full force bites!

Moderator: Mods

xo Missi

Full force bites!

Post by xo Missi »

Baby NEVER once bite me hard. Never anything close to biting me hard! Now I know what an IRN bite feels like! Lord have mercy!

I am volunteering at the Aviry and Zoo of Naples as a bird socializer. I think the main reason I got the position is because they know I am not afraid to handle a bird if I know it bites, and still I stay calm and deal with the bites.

They have two green 6 month old irns. They got them in after they were weaned, possibly by parents. They have not been able to sell them because they lunge when you put your hand in the cage and then when you get them out they tear up your hand. The only way people were able to handle them is to grab them with a towel. They would not perch either.

By the end of my first day volunteering, I had bloody hands and now I have bruises and beak cuts all over my hands, wrists, and arms BUT I had them perching on my fingers, even stepping up a little. The next trick to teach them is to NOT randomly swing their heads down and take a chunk from my fingers or hands! My hands were raw by the end of the day, but well worth it. I hope I can tame these pretty little babies.

If you think an angry irn bite is bad, try an angry Senegal bite......DOUBLE the pain :cry: That is the other "trouble" bird I'm working with. I am getting good progress with him too.

I really think the major trick is to show them you're not afraid of their beaks and when they lunge :wink:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Missi...omg what you are doing is hard! With MBS I would want to take every single one of them home...how do you STOP yourself??? :lol:

Those bites hurt but you ain't felt anything til you been bitten hard by a too or a zon...those H-U-R-T

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:Missi...omg what you are doing is hard! With MBS I would want to take every single one of them home...how do you STOP yourself???

Hmm losing sleep at night because of being in too much debt and not having much free money to buy anything and worying to death :o and feeling guilty of giving less attention to Jazzy because I wouold get another fid after she is used to so much attention! I've got it worked out in my head! :lol:

That's true...I forgot about my Catalina macaw bite....omg I swore I was going to lose my right pointer finger then and there. Took over a month for my finger to not be swollen and sore anymoree. I now have a permanent fear of big macaw beaks! I can handle smaller beaks though. Yes, a 'Too's beak is intimidating when you see the bottom beak and how it can shave your flesh off in an instant, but darnit, if they aren't the cutest things! There's a U2 that boards theree often and we play the head bobbing game. What a dancer that 'too is too! If you havn't ever danced with a 'too, you're missing out guys!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Eh macaw beaks are nothing. It takes a pretty nasty bite for them to remove skin.

Tip when working with macaws...NEVER EVER offer fingers to step up on. Never ever offer any part of hand to step up on. Offer your forearm only, the bites are way less painful and if you use a bandage there you don't even feel them. Basiclly don't offer any part of your body that can fit into that beak.

Macaws are really nothing. Sure that beak looks like a friggin can opener and whoa they do hurt, but nothing compared to what a really angry IRN can do. I'd rather take on an angry macaw than an angry IRN...

Toos...those are freakin insane. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I will never own one...not with the fear I have. Male 'zons are another of those that I couldn't own.

Honestly, I have found that the larger the beak the less they are likely to bite. Little birds have to bite first and sort things out later...bigger birds are more sure of their surroundings and are more apt to show their feelings first.

Dani
fiona

Post by fiona »

I have been bitten by a hawk-head (which are known for their attitudes- funny how I seem to love birds with attitudes). Fiona tops him though. Fiona will bite and hold on and chew. She also scrapes skin off with the bottom of her beak. Nothing like beak shaped scabs all over your arms to make people ask questions. It's been some time since she's bitten me that hard though. I work at the indianapolis zoo and when I worked in an area with macaws, we had one that would always lunge at you. I would have to pass him in the morning to put the emerald tree boa out. So, I've got a snake on a small piece of wood and trying to sqeeze by this macaw on rocky, slippery terrain. One day he got me on the top of the head. He got mostly hair, but after feeling the force of the bite, I've been weary of macaws.
Donna

Post by Donna »

I agree with you Dani the bigger birds have body language that tells you there not up for your games. The little birds will play along for awhile then sneak attack!!! :shock:

Donna
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Ringnecks are wackos of the bird world. All is fun and games until someone looses an eye.

They strike with the speed and precision of a snake. They give little to no notice UNLESS they dont want to bite you... but want YOU to know they want to.

Baby does this by opening his beak and just leaving it open. He looks like an idiot.... ewwww, Im sssssoooo scared. Because once you know a ringneck, you know that IF they are bluffing, they are bluffing and WILL NOT bite you.

In other words, if they give warning, they dont want to bite. If they strike, its on. Larger breeds warn you. Ringnecks taste you and not feel a bit bad about it.
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Yes, the macaw that bit me did take off skin in three parts, but if you remember, it's because when I was holding him the pet store employee pulled on his tail. He was pissed. I didn't even see the employee go to grab him at first so I could not prepare myself for the bite.

Just a beautiful sweet *MASSIVE* bird on my arm one minute then the next I had a pissed off, violent bird. I wanted to kick that employee in the balls :x

Nothing against macaws, something like that would scar anyone though :wink: I'll get over it some day and get my hands on that beautiful Hyacinth at the Aviary. He's a naughty boy but you just have to show him you're boss. And man, that beak could pierce right through you if it needed!
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

I should also add that I am an apprentice hand feeder! At the Aviary I am learning how to hand feed baby 'tiels! It is so sweet and I rather enjoy it! Those baby 'tiels are loud litttle buggers! Can't wait until I get to feed bigger babies!! I am really loving helping out there!! :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Again I say...that would be so hard! Bet it's fun though...being around all those birds...Me I only get to hang out and Andy's pet shop and visit with their's. They have a scarlet macaw there that is their mascot, what a cutie!

Missi, true once you do get bitten and hard by a big bird it will make you wary. If you do have to handle a macaw again it is scary after that. Not nice what that employee did and I would have kicked him in the balls. But macaws are generally sweet and even tempered, well maybe expect the scarlets. I am wary around those guys...and that Catalina macaw you were holding was half scarlet so I can understand why the bird acted the way he did.

To 'get back on the horse' peray, see if they have any blue and golds or green wings...those guys are the best. If they ever have any b&g go and interact with them. They are such clowns. If you get to work with a Hy...I will be so jealous :oops:

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:Again I say...that would be so hard! Bet it's fun though...being around all those birds...Me I only get to hang out and Andy's pet shop and visit with their's. They have a scarlet macaw there that is their mascot, what a cutie!

Missi, true once you do get bitten and hard by a big bird it will make you wary. If you do have to handle a macaw again it is scary after that. Not nice what that employee did and I would have kicked him in the balls. But macaws are generally sweet and even tempered, well maybe expect the scarlets. I am wary around those guys...and that Catalina macaw you were holding was half scarlet so I can understand why the bird acted the way he did.

To 'get back on the horse' peray, see if they have any blue and golds or green wings...those guys are the best. If they ever have any b&g go and interact with them. They are such clowns. If you get to work with a Hy...I will be so jealous :oops:

Dani

They have about 5 fully feathered but still very clumsy baby b&g right now in the nursery! I'll have to play with them this Saturday! I was super busy working with the irn's and Senegal. I was also busy playing with "my" Severe baby :shock: :roll: :D I can't believe no one has bought him yet!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Babies?!?! OMG there is nothing better than a baby b&g...so cute and cuddly...and perfect...(you can tell I had my heart stolen by a b&g no?)

Go and have all the fun you want with those cuties. And that Severe...remember what I told you...one person fids. Personally, though I do LOVE those mini macaws, I don't think I would own one. They are a little too high strung for me. And I own an IRN LOL...

Any ideas of what you ae gonna want as your next fid Missi? I know you want another...but what to choose? Ever going to get another IRN?

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

I will give those babies cuddles and kisses from you Dani!

As far as another fid goes, I'm not sure. All spending (and I know I say this a lot but this time it's for REAL) is on freeze for a year and a half until I get my bills totally paid off. I'm on a TIGHT budget I've made for myself. Joe and I will get our own place (gosh! SOMEDAY hopefully!) then we'll consider another fid.

I'm having serious issues with considering giving another fid my attention especially right now as I have limited attention for Jasmine. Maybe it's just because she's still SUCH a baby. I just feel tired after working all day and have a lot going on outside of work. I feel like I need to live a little more, go out and get that out of my system a little more. I'm still too young to have 2 children! :lol: Not that I neglect Jasmine. You know I don't.

It would also help if I had friends locally that were into parrots like we all do. Sure there's the ladies at the Aviary, but they've got families and stuff. I need a full time friend :? lol Season is coming and Joe is busy at work. I'm all alone and lonely. I need friends so I'm not so depressed!

Okay, sorry for letting it out but I'm having a really bad day (it's so not going to be a good week :cry:) and all I ever want in life is to have good friends (not that I'm not counting you guys, y'all know I love ya.) but friends I can hang out with and have a good old time with when ever we need each other, etc. I've been here a year and a half still with no good friends *siiigh*

Anyhow, back to the main topic of my reply, we really do want another irn and I really would die for a male Alexandrine or Derbyan. SOME day. Maybe??

I also fell in love with one of the 'tiels I am hand feeding. He's all calico with cinnamon and a yellow crest with a blick stripe through the middle! I know I would regret getting a cockatiel, though :roll:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Awww...don't worry Missi I know how it goes. Wish I was there to help! Boy imagine the trouble we could get ourselves into! :P

Right now where I live, I haven't had the time or energy to go out and make new friends so I totally get that. I need a life sometimes...only person I have really met here was the BF and got him off the internet...LOL It's hard finding people who are our age who are into parrots like we are, not too many of the 'younger folk' like us (those of us in our 20's) are into making a commtiment like that.

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:Awww...don't worry Missi I know how it goes. Wish I was there to help! Boy imagine the trouble we could get ourselves into! :P

Right now where I live, I haven't had the time or energy to go out and make new friends so I totally get that. I need a life sometimes...only person I have really met here was the BF and got him off the internet...LOL It's hard finding people who are our age who are into parrots like we are, not too many of the 'younger folk' like us (those of us in our 20's) are into making a commtiment like that.

Dani

Oh, Dani we need each other! :lol: We WOULD get in so much trouble! What fun it would be, though! lol So much a like! I met Joe online too, Myspace....He is my best friend AND my boyfriend but some good girl friends would be nice!!

You raise a good point about our age and the commitment of parrots. Pretty much all the people around here like to do is get wasted every night. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY enjoy a few drinks here but I don't live for the bars. Okay, if there were GOOD clubs around here, I'd be out a bit more, but that'll never happen.

I am happy going outside, admiring nature and snapping pics of all the wonderful animals...I think I'm the only person, though :cry: It's like my favourite thing to do!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*sighs* Same here girl. Most everyone here is out and about in SF...and me I am not one for being in that city at night.

I'd rather sit outside with Aggie and watch the world go by. Silicon valley is pretty much 'geek' centeral...so the clubs are nothing much here. And again I am not one to go out to a club...nothing wrong with going out and having fun but this is Sunnyvale for goodness sake, not much to do here.

See I see my parrots as my commitment, my babies...I am not ready to start a 'real' family yet (and that scares the poor BF to even think about that :lol: but he's cute so I keep him around) so I have them. Personally I'd rather be around animals than people.

You met Joe on myspace? Whoa that's crazy...didn't think that could work...hrm I guess it can...

Dani
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Oh and I have been trying to meet new people who are into parrots as much as I am but dang that's hard! There are a few people on BB that are in my area but not in my area...they are in the east or north bay, not close enough to hang out with.

And most of the people here are in FL...so that bites...*sighs* Maybe we'll just be those 'bird ladies' who are hermits and talk to their parrots all day :lol:

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:*sighs* Same here girl. Most everyone here is out and about in SF...and me I am not one for being in that city at night.

I'd rather sit outside with Aggie and watch the world go by. Silicon valley is pretty much 'geek' centeral...so the clubs are nothing much here. And again I am not one to go out to a club...nothing wrong with going out and having fun but this is Sunnyvale for goodness sake, not much to do here.

See I see my parrots as my commitment, my babies...I am not ready to start a 'real' family yet (and that scares the poor BF to even think about that :lol: but he's cute so I keep him around) so I have them. Personally I'd rather be around animals than people.

You met Joe on myspace? Whoa that's crazy...didn't think that could work...hrm I guess it can...

Dani

LOL I would also rather be around animals than a lot of people as well. Joe and I just today agreed that we wern't having human children, just a small zoo of animal children :lol: I love the fact that I've found a man (my soulmate?) who does not want to have children as much as I don't and also who loves animals as much as I do (well maybe a bit less I don't think anyone can love animals as much as I) :wink:

The only reason I like going to clubs is because I love to dance! I'm very specific about the clubs I go to, though. I don't like mainstream music much at all. They have to have electronica djs.

I never though meeting someone on Myspace would work either but now I know quite a few couples who met on there as friends and then took it to the next level. It's nice :) Most people use it for bad reasons though :x Sluts! :lol: Do you have a Myspace girl?
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:Oh and I have been trying to meet new people who are into parrots as much as I am but dang that's hard! There are a few people on BB that are in my area but not in my area...they are in the east or north bay, not close enough to hang out with.

And most of the people here are in FL...so that bites...*sighs* Maybe we'll just be those 'bird ladies' who are hermits and talk to their parrots all day :lol:

Dani

Most of us may live in Florida but not very close to each other in Florida, so don't worry. I mean Sue is the closest to me but still about a lil less than an hour away. She's my mommy and I wish she lived closer!! :lol: :o :lol: SUE!!
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Missi:

Your volunteeer job sounds like a dream to me. Except the biting birds.
How did Jazzy make out, did she go with you? And the quakers how are they responding?

I had a senegal, it was my first parrot, those bites are the worst I've experienced. Drew blood on me every chance he got. But I loved that little bird. He would grab and grind his beak to tear the skin. Talked so well and used his speech appropriately. Would call the dog, Sassy come here and then throw pieces of food to her and laugh at her, she was blind and bump around. His name was Pepper and he was a brat but I loved him. You are fearless if you let that little senegal get you more than a few times. I had to finally resort to a step up branch. The bird loved my hubby though and never once bit him.

I found the web site to the bird store I went to in NC. Birdie Boutique, owned by an avian vet. I emailed him about the pellets and he emailed me back in within 12 hrs. It's a good resource site for info too. You'll enjoy looking through it I'm sure. Reminds me of the Aviary of Naples.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

No myspace for me...only reason I signed up was to get access to my favorite musican's page where she updates... I'm a total music dork :oops:

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Bird crazy wrote:Missi:

Your volunteeer job sounds like a dream to me. Except the biting birds.
How did Jazzy make out, did she go with you? And the quakers how are they responding?

I had a senegal, it was my first parrot, those bites are the worst I've experienced. Drew blood on me every chance he got. But I loved that little bird. He would grab and grind his beak to tear the skin. Talked so well and used his speech appropriately. Would call the dog, Sassy come here and then throw pieces of food to her and laugh at her, she was blind and bump around. His name was Pepper and he was a brat but I loved him. You are fearless if you let that little senegal get you more than a few times. I had to finally resort to a step up branch. The bird loved my hubby though and never once bit him.

I found the web site to the bird store I went to in NC. Birdie Boutique, owned by an avian vet. I emailed him about the pellets and he emailed me back in within 12 hrs. It's a good resource site for info too. You'll enjoy looking through it I'm sure. Reminds me of the Aviary of Naples.

Jazzypie did REALLY well. She only flew off the stand she was on about 3 times (which isn't bad for being there over 6 hours!). Mainly when I went too far away from her, then she had to fly to her Mama :) Lots of different people held her, even children and she was really sweet. I watched them like a hawk though, holding my baby! She just loved to scream back at the macaws, 'too, and amazons!

Yes, okay I'm glad someone else knows how painful and damaging a Senegal bite is! lol

I'll have to check out that birdy boutique site. What's the address?
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:No myspace for me...only reason I signed up was to get access to my favorite musican's page where she updates... I'm a total music dork :oops:

Dani

I'm a music dork as well! Whaqt kind of music do you like girl??

Please, pleeeeease make a profile. Pleeeease?? :)
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

One of these days I might sit down and do it :P

I'm into 'rock' mostly...but that catagory is darn big. I joined MS to get access to Cristina Scabbia's page; she's one of the lead singers of my favorite band, Lacuna Coil. If you're into rock or stuff like it you ought to check them out! Got the BF into them so they have to be good, and it's not just me.

Personally though, I will listen to anything once, most stuff twice or three times. I can't really do country or hard rap...

What kinda stuff are you into Missi?

(Sorry for hijacking this thread...teehee...hrm seems that's what we're good at!)

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:One of these days I might sit down and do it :P

I'm into 'rock' mostly...but that catagory is darn big. I joined MS to get access to Cristina Scabbia's page; she's one of the lead singers of my favorite band, Lacuna Coil. If you're into rock or stuff like it you ought to check them out! Got the BF into them so they have to be good, and it's not just me.

Personally though, I will listen to anything once, most stuff twice or three times. I can't really do country or hard rap...

What kinda stuff are you into Missi?

(Sorry for hijacking this thread...teehee...hrm seems that's what we're good at!)

Dani

Oh yea, we're totally good at hijacking threads! I don't care about this one! :D If people want to get back on topic, they will

I'm mostly into electronica. You know, like Trance, Breakbeat, Jungle, Drum & Bass, House, etc etc...

I will listen to almost anything as well. Sometimes I get in a goofy mood and dance silly to hip hop, don't really actually like to listen to it though.

I like jazz and easy listening a lot. I like some rock. Like some "punk" and screamo. Like I said, ANYTHING...but mainly passionate about electronica!

Make a Myspace...NOW NOW NOW!! :D I think everyone should so I can see what everyone looks like (I would like to put a face with a name of my friends, you know!) and so we can talk that way as well (not that the board isn't good enough). There is no age limit for Myspace! C'mon guys!!! :roll: :lol:
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

[There is no age limit for Myspace! C'mon guys!!! :roll: :lol:[/quote]

meaning??? :o Missi???? :shock:

Just what are you implying you cheeky girl?

Come on folfs, lets grab our canes and go beat her up! Or we could grab our walkers and hobble over to MS...think we can make it??? Don't know...do they have a catagory for silent movie music???
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Run Missi Run! Teehee...Kim you're cute ;) Silent movie music? LMAO

Ah you guys are too much sometimes...*picks self up off the floor*

No way am I posting pics up there though...ugh I hate pictures of me. You can bet you won't be seeing my mug anywhere here...:P

Dani
Melika

Post by Melika »

My little sis and I get on kicks of old black and whites and silent movies. We'll watch them endlessly for a week or so then go back to normal. We just like them. It's our secret, lol.

That and country music. We're such dorks.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Hey now...nothing against B&W movies...I love 'em...they are real, classics...not like today's...

Now the country music, bleh but that's my preference, though I will admit that I do sometimes listen to the 'older' 90's country...

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

kimtoo wrote:[There is no age limit for Myspace! C'mon guys!!! :roll: :lol:

meaning??? :o Missi???? :shock:

Just what are you implying you cheeky girl?

Come on folfs, lets grab our canes and go beat her up! Or we could grab our walkers and hobble over to MS...think we can make it??? Don't know...do they have a catagory for silent movie music???[/quote]

:shock: :o :lol:

I mean a lot of people I know won't make a Myspace because they think they're "too old"! C'mon! We all know age is just a number now! I'm often told I'm very mature for my age :o :D

I am also very curious as to how old everyone is. I am 23. 24 in late December. I won't actually ask everyone, though :lol:
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:Run Missi Run! Teehee...Kim you're cute ;) Silent movie music? LMAO

Ah you guys are too much sometimes...*picks self up off the floor*

No way am I posting pics up there though...ugh I hate pictures of me. You can bet you won't be seeing my mug anywhere here...:P

Dani

:shock: :o

Dani don't be stupid!! I wanna see what you look like especially! C'mon now! I'm sure your beautiful! All lovers of animals are beautiful! In the words of Kramer, "Giiiiiiiiiiiddey up!!" Let''s see, you!
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Melika wrote:My little sis and I get on kicks of old black and whites and silent movies. We'll watch them endlessly for a week or so then go back to normal. We just like them. It's our secret, lol.

That and country music. We're such dorks.

I embrace the fact I'm a dork, and all dorks should! One of my ex's once described me as "a dork stuck on a hot girl's body" :roll: :lol:
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:Hey now...nothing against B&W movies...I love 'em...they are real, classics...not like today's...

Now the country music, bleh but that's my preference, though I will admit that I do sometimes listen to the 'older' 90's country...

Dani

"Don't break my hearts, my achy breaky heart!!"

:roll: :lol: *shivers*
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

xo Missi wrote:"Don't break my hearts, my achy breaky heart!!"

BLEH! Missi you evil evil girl...bringing up horrid memories...*shudders*

No pics...nuh uh no way...don't want those up on the board. Only way you'll get to see me is in person darn it. I hate pics...

Ahem...I am a dork and I know it! Heeello I spend my free with my parrots...or the BF...that's it man.

Age...but a number but I'll tell ya'll I'm between 20 and 25...*giggles* Actually there's a way you can really see my age but I ain't gonna go blabbering that about...not on this board *wink wink...hint hint* :P

I get told I am mature for being my age...talked to Mik and Jen and they both put me at 28 or so...teehee

Dani
Cindy

Hi jacking your thread (wink)

Post by Cindy »

Hey Missi and Dani,

I am going to grab my cane and hobble back to CA! Youngsters humph! Coming from the old lady here, turning 50 in January! I still like to dance and to listen to rock and roll! At least I think they still call it rock and roll.....Missi, might I suggest something that might help with the ringneck babies and maybe other birds too. I give my Luna boy a pacifier for his mouth and then ask him to step up...No more bites, or when he does try, he has to drop whats in his mouth first before biting...This gives me a few seconds to remove my offending hand. For a pacifier, you have to find something they like to play with in the way of a foot toy...Luna uses plastic letters of the alphabet...I found these semi-soft plastic letters at the dollar store that stick to your fridge. You know the kind you used as a kid...I then pry the magnet off the back and wash really good..Luna goes nuts for them and so does Mrs. B...(both ringnecks)...They love the different colors, but REALLY like the green ones...Keeps Luna so busy with holding it in his mouth that he forgets to bite me...Don't know if this will work with other parrots, I haven't tried them.
Cindy M. and the Flock of 8
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Now this is dangerous territory.....everyone at my new job was way off on my age until I went to my 30th high school reunion..... or did I talk about having one in ten years.....or did I go 20 years ago..... Only the Shadow knows (and I'm not admitting that I know who he might have been either!)
MCS
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I am that weird bird lady that talks to her birds all day. :oops:

*Goes and sits in the corner alone with Baby*
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*glances at Mik and back at Missi*

See what we got to look forward to???

*ducks*

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

*makes a uh huh face and nods*

Aint perdy.
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:
xo Missi wrote:"Don't break my hearts, my achy breaky heart!!"

BLEH! Missi you evil evil girl...bringing up horrid memories...*shudders*

No pics...nuh uh no way...don't want those up on the board. Only way you'll get to see me is in person darn it. I hate pics...

Ahem...I am a dork and I know it! Heeello I spend my free with my parrots...or the BF...that's it man.

Age...but a number but I'll tell ya'll I'm between 20 and 25...*giggles* Actually there's a way you can really see my age but I ain't gonna go blabbering that about...not on this board *wink wink...hint hint* :P

I get told I am mature for being my age...talked to Mik and Jen and they both put me at 28 or so...teehee

Dani

Well then get your booty over here lady!!! Come party with Mik, Sue, Kim, me, and all the other Florida lovies!!

Okay..*runs to BB* (I can definetly take a hint). Aww I'm so proud of you for being who you are. A lot of people your age are out being stupid....so embrace the dork in yourself and be proud!! I was doing the same thing I'm doing now when I was your age (which are the same things you do :lol:)...what...a whole 3 years ago... :o I'm proud people tell me I'm mature for my age, so proud. I sure hope you are too! GO GIRL!
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

CINDY!! That's great advice! I will try that pacifier trick tomorrow when I handle those spunky lil irns. Why didn't I think of that?! Thank you *so* much!

Mik................. :lol: I LOVE IT!! May I apprentice you as an aspiring "bird lady"?? C'mon, Dani, you too!! :P
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Hey see we youngins ain't stupid. Missi took my hint just fine :P

Please...3 years is nothing it terms of where we are...*sighs*

Besides most of my friends are like 5-10 years older than me...got no one my age around here (well besides the BF of course)

Yeah we better be taking lesson from Mik on how be a dottering ol' bird lady when we 'grow up' LOL

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:Hey see we youngins ain't stupid. Missi took my hint just fine :P

Please...3 years is nothing it terms of where we are...*sighs*

Besides most of my friends are like 5-10 years older than me...got no one my age around here (well besides the BF of course)

Yeah we better be taking lesson from Mik on how be a dottering ol' bird lady when we 'grow up' LOL

Dani

SAME HERE DANI! Most of my friends are *butters up* the young age of being in their thirties, fourties, and fifties :lol: It's just how it is and there are no complaints from me! My youngest friend (not including those online) is my boyfriend, who is 24...soon to be 25 :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Pretty sad ain't it?

Oh well...I guess taking on the role of becoming a 'bird lady' is enivatable...

*joins Mik on the floor with Prinny and Aggie...and the new girl in her cage right beside us*

Nice Prinny...good Prinny... :lol:

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

:lol: We're all nuts, aren't we?? I LOVE IT!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Someone said it before...and I'll repeat them...

We're one big bowl of Planter's Nuts here...

*hums the jingle*

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:Someone said it before...and I'll repeat them...

We're one big bowl of Planter's Nuts here...

*hums the jingle*

Dani

You're one up on me because I don't know the jingle...but I could sure learn it :wink:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

You don't know the jingle???

You know, the one that goes 'Sometime's you feel like a nut...sometime's you don't' teehee

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:You don't know the jingle???

You know, the one that goes 'Sometime's you feel like a nut...sometime's you don't' teehee

Dani

Isn't that the Almond Joy jingle?!!!!! :lol:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*thinks*

Hrm...I dunno...maybe...I don't eat junk food...or have tv...so I might be wrong :P

Me and fids eat healthly here...no fries, candy (well except for momma's chocolate)...chips...nope, Bodi forced me to change my eating habits!

What won't we do for our fids huh?

Dani