OMG Maya is talking

Moderator: Mods

Newbirdmom

OMG Maya is talking

Post by Newbirdmom »

I was just getting up and I heard maya talking to her self. I could make up so many words. It is like all of a sudden she went from wistleing to talking. She is not even a year yet. This is what words I thought I heard.

What baby
hello
what a coocoo bird
I love you
step up
kiss
and she makes kissing sounds (she has been doing this for some time)

Do they normaly do it like this? It just seems so fast to me. I whish I could tape it but once she sees the cam she shuts up.
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

yep! it is like they have been studying and practicing in private, then :shock:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yep...Prin did all her practicing in private and then BOOM she's talking...congrats and keep up the new words

Dani
Melika

Post by Melika »

Yep, in one week Hane just busted out with Yeah, Hey Hane, the wolf whistle, a kissy noise learned from Tsume, and other assorted things. I think he's trying to say Pretty Bird now but it's still muffled and mostly just noise. And he's beginning on Whatchya doin?

Of course, I'm sure he would learn faster if I talked to him more. I don't talk to my animals much, I like my silence, lol.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Bird crazy

Tallking!!

Post by Bird crazy »

Isn't it fun?
Nila did the same thing. I thought I heard a word or two and then one day bam he's saying several things clearly and now he's saying them all the time. Trust me, once he gets going and he sees you get excited about it he will use his new found language all the time. :D
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat