All registrations must be approved by an admin. Having problems with registration? E-mail us at indianringnecks@gmail.com

Billie2

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Re: Billie2

Post by AJPeter » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:18 pm

There is a glass water bottle hanging up with filtered water, but she gets tap water to wash in albeit with a dash glycerine and rosewater. Emma exploeded out of her flat shouting and swearing at 4 am so l phoned 101 and told them she has an ASB number and they promised to send some one round, her shouting stopped after 30 minuites but l could not get back to sleep, so l promise dmyslef thatl would go to bed early tonight but the Olympic cycling was so exciting it was not until 8 pm that l got my dinner and already its 9 pm!
My mother's mother lived on the ground floor and basement flat in Finsbury and there was a garden.my other grandmother lived in a house at Finchley, but my father was born at Epping, his mother was a Wilkinson, dairy shop keepers in Gillingham Kent. I was born at Bexley and we lived in Shirley, Croydon. :D

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:42 pm

I was brought up in Kensington, my husband was born in Eltham, his gran had a huge house in Woolwich, but his aunt (Countess Segary) had an even bigger one in Birchington (Kent) with servants, and peacocks in the grounds, he and his sisters spent their school holidays there. My stepfather was too stuck up to apply for a council house, he said it would be like the army, getting into trouble if he didn't mow the lawn, daft.
Sanjay had a sing song today, I'm surprised he wasn't tired, the concert in the park was held last night, we had loud music all day until 10.30 pm, and it was pop music, I'm just not into the Olympics, the only sports we both like(d) are dog showing (including obedience etc) and show jumping, daddi played rugby in the forces, but never wanted to watch it.Did the police speak to Emma?, she really is a pain in the proverbial! ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:51 am

They (the police) did not tell me but l suppose not, but I will speak to my housing officer tomorrow about it, as l went out on my walk this afternoon she was standing in her door way talking to a friend l turned and waved but got no response. Billie and i had a nice talk this afternoon it was near bed time, she had got very agitated about 30 minutes before the cover up when ,l went out of the room and she wanted to tell me she was worried l would not cover her up in time, she wanted to exchange kisses and from the top of her cage and kept reaching forward so she could kiss my lips. Sweet :-* She has been more vocal recently, but a fruit fly gave her a nasty turn this morning there was a sqwark and a flapping of wings she dropped a feather and wanted to sit on my shoulder as l reassured her.
We had a celebration of Jamaican independence yesterday in our park but they stopped yelling into their loud speakers at about 8.30. There is a law that says they have to have a license to use loud speakers in public places, l was quite annoyed because they had fenced off my normal route and wanted £5 for me to enter, no way hosea!
My aunt lived in Faraday Avenue and when I was about three we went down to the river at Footscray for the day but some one left the door open and l wandered off l remember going back down to the river about two miles away and walked along the bank, it got dark and as I got to 5 arch bridge there were lights from people looking for me with a mist on the water it became a magocal memory and l have always been fascinated with bridges over weater, and have lots of pictures of them.
But that was not the only time l wanddered off, my Da came home from the Army for good in 1947, he threw my gollywog into the dustbin "You are not having a doll!" I used to help the milkman with huis horse drawn milk float and he took me down to the dairy to see the other horses l remember the stables and yard where the carts were stored, l was 8 then. The planning into the runaway took some time l told mother l wanted a red spotted hanky and l was going to wrap up my possession and tie it onto the end of an old broom stick, so all my dinky cars went in but it was too heavy to carry so in the end l only took one.
One night I stayed awake at night and after my parents had gone to bed l crept down the stairs and let myself out of the back door, l was quite surprised at how light it was but l had to cross a wood and l was afraid of the dark but the moon was out and l cured myself of being afraid of the dark by crossing that wood, l got down to the dairy while it was still dark and cimbed into the cubby where butter was kept on the cart and went to sleep. In the morning a milkman found me and there was a lot of shouting eventually my milk man recognize me and my parentd were told.
When l got back home mother slapped me vey hard and she joined my hate list next to da. OOps got carried away!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:06 pm

Fascinating, I remember the milk horse and carts, and the coal ones, my stepmum would treat me to a bottle of chocolate milk now and then. In my early teens I had a Border Collie, and everytime he was given a bath, and dried, he would go round to the rag and bone mans stable and roll in hoss apples, he absolutely stank!.
Remember Saturday morning pictures?, I do, and watching the boat race from Hammersmith bridge. Sanjay dropped a feather today, another tail one, it's been Weeks since the last one.
I have traced the inactivity on this site back to the rather heated discussion about "bluffing", I might be wrong, :ympray:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:48 am

Could be, but on the other hand it might be the time of the year, Billie keeps dropping feathers too mostly wing, she loves milky sweet tea and will have three tea spoonfuls but l suddenly remembered that l am supposed to keep her off sweet things to stop egg laying so she had an unsweetened tea spoonful today but declined a second.
My pen friend in Florida says her relatives up north are having record high temps of over 90f, and the weather men are predicitng very hot weather from next week for at least two weeks, last year Billie and l sat out in the garden in the very hot weather but she has not wanted to this year. I used to go to the Saturday morning cinema when it was free but when they started to charge mother said l could go often as l want when l grew up but she wast not goiong to pay for me tyo go now! I got a free comic a week when l was 14 as my pocket money and was told that if l wanted another to get a paper rouund but that was a crackof the morning job, No way hosea

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:12 pm

Daddi and my daughter both had paper rounds, Christmas tips were phenomenal. I got ,2/6 a week pocket money, it paid for comics, Saturday morning pictures, and few sweets.
I've just had an e mail from Nick, the decorator, he's coming tomorrow at 11am, and has told me not to move anything, he will move the furniture for me!, goodness, I feel like royalty!.
I got my sciatica because an HA repairman refused to pull my washing machine out and made me do it, ('elf and safety)
Lidl looked as though there'd been a plague of locusts this morning, their delivery was late, so I had to source Sanjays peppers etc elsewhere. Your old mum was quite a meanie by the sounds of it!, were you an only child?, I was brought up as an only child, and my step dad was a scaffolder for Trollope and Cole in Isleworth for many years, so he earned very good wage, stepmother worked for the Pier House laundry in Chiswick, there would be less unemployment these days if we still had the big laundries etc. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:44 am

I have a sister 5 years younger than I, she is in Perth Scotland with her family 4 daughters and a son. Yes mother and l did not get on, my father was an only child and did not relate to me. I learnt mother's awful secret one day back in 1978, she was a sex offender masturbaring baby boys that is when she made my da cut me out of the will and before they moved to Scotland, I was very comfortable at home Mother did all my cooking and laundry, l paid no rent so it was a bit of a shock when l left, my first flat the rent was £7.50 a week, and l had to use the local launderette! But l can say that my cooking is a lot better than Mother's well l have to say that as l am the only one who can eat it! If Mother is alive she would be 97 now. She dominated me all my life she would come with my father and rearrange my furniture, move paintings. After they left l moved them all back again but l was free from her spell in 1980 when they moved to Perth.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:08 pm

Goodness! How awful!, one cannot conceive of the idea of female s o's!. I lost weight once I got away from my mothers cooking, all she could manage was stodge, stodge, and more stodge.
Nick, the decorator came today, but not at 11am, it was gone 3,pm, he is a one man band, but has done a superb job, he's back tomorrow at 8am to do the finishing touches. Poor Sanjay had to wait for his play out and fresh rations, but I made it up to him with his favourite foods.
My mother in law and I got on really well, she said I was more of a daughter to her than her own daughters, it just goes to prove the old saying, you can choose your friends but not your relatives, I remember clearly, getting on the train for Guildford (basic training) and breathing a massive sigh of relief when it pulled out, there is no such thing as perfect parents with humans, I think animals have a much better system!, as soon as the young are old enough, off they go! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:16 am

Mother had a tortoiseshell cat once and it gave birth to some babies the cat was a loving mother but all of a sudden she turned on then and would not let them share her bowl, I cannot remember what happened to them. There are gaps on my childhood and adulthood where l do not know what happened! I never met my sister's husband's relatives, but after she got married in the local CofE parish church his grandmother made them marry again in a Roman Catholic church. They lived in Blethchley near Milton Keynes with a 100 % mortgage but moved to Scotland after his relatives kept descending on them.
Billie flew to my shoulder as l played the organ I thought she wanted loving but instead all she wanted to do was bite my zip on my cardigan. She had a shower this morning but l did not leave her too long in case she pooped in my bath again. Did Nick clear up after huimself?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:45 pm

Yes, he has a Henry vacuum cleaner, but 8am turned into 9.15 am, and he looked guiltily sheepish when he got here, so I said nothing, if he'd been blatantly unashamed I would have told him off. Animals are brilliant at training their young (get your own bowls), our pups would get scruffed by the adults if they stuck their noses in the adult bowls, the dogs taught the youngsters how to kill rabbits, how to defend themselves, and our female cats taught their young how to mouse, by dropping a live mouse in the nest. When we ran the training club, the older dogs would put pups in their place!.
Anyway, the ceiling was finished by ten, and it looks good, he also gave me the leftover paint, it's a German brand (Zinnsi) and dries Matt, he said it is such good stuff it could possibly prevent water coming through. Sanjay didn't retreat to the back perch today, his attitude was "oh it's you again" and he Carried on noshing! :-c

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:55 am

Good old Sanjay. Billie is a Bad Girl, she made several lunges at my hand as I prepapred her cage but l kept my fingers well away from her beak. She was as nice as apple pie when it came to a shower but she was a bit upset when l shoved a perch under her when it was time to leave she had the look of a parrot that is about to poop in my bath. Then when l sat down to play the organ she came down to her swimming pool which is on the book case next to me and dived in and started to splash my organ, so l reached for a cover and she went back up but as soon as l put the cover away she was back down again splashing, she did this again so l was getting angry. She is creating a new wall paper. Blackberry smudges/ Then this after noon she wanted to be covered up at 4 but l made her wait until nearly 5 and she was not pleased more so when l watched Tv with headphones l could hear her tut tuttuering. X(

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:20 am

Yes, blackberries Are messy, another reason I have a sheet around the back of his cage, to keep the walls clean. I hate human tutters, the ones in shops who'd rather tut loudly rather than say "excuse me please", I Always have a go at them, ignorant numpties. So, Billie had her naughty hat on today, it must be the weather b-(
Sanjay has been fine, but a bit livlier than usual, our tickle game was different, he decided to play "you try and tickle me Before I get in a quick nibble" (he never bites or nips).
I've felt too tired to do much today, jet lag after the busy start to the week, but I only have us two to consider,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:00 am

Parrots is out some interesting articles a missing African grey saunter up Gravesend High st, in Parrock Street l had an important customer a Madam shop, where customers go into the salon and sit in cubicles with the curtains drawn and as the model parades each cubicle has it curtain pulled back and if the occupants show any interest then another model comes in and if the occupants show no interest then the model moves onto the next cubicle and the process is repeated each model wears a "creation" but customers do not see what is being bought. The shop was called Madam Burnett, and l sold Ladies Fashions including real fur coats. I once sold a mink coat for £2000 guineas!
Another article on eating greens "Billie pay attention!" and she will reply "How much?" Secrets of the frozen food industry part 2. What happened part one? Another on Budgies part 2. A letter seeds vs pellets. A good read all round.
Billies has been well behaved today, but she begged a ride into the kitchen and sked ever so nicely for another shower, l thought she looked like pooping in my bath on the first one so l hustled her out.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:51 am

They're very good at losing their "part one's", viz a viz "cages part two", sigh.
The Jewish couple who owned the posh "gown" shop where I worked, started off buying a bolt of cotton for a tenner, making camisoles at night and flogging them on the market next day, after I left, and by the seventies they had several branches in the North West.
What a scorcher today!, just as I had thought of packing my fan up. Sanjay likes greens, broccoli especially, but it whiffs a bit, garden peas, and mini cucumbers. My daughter had a nice surprise today, she pays bedroom tax weekly with her card, unbeknownst to her, her HA had Also set up a DD, the bank informed her this morning, and repaid £1,600 she had overpaid, which the bank will now claw back from the HA. Jack and Isabel have their birthdays next month, so some of that will come in handy!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:00 am

I have never heard of bedroom tax? I travelled in ladies underwear for about a year it was all right in summer but bloody cold in winter, I remember a D cup bra that would fit an elephant, and DK.s with a bra size, the camisoles were very expensive made from Mylesta, but after a reshuffle Courtalds made me redundant. Then l worked for a Jew in a company in Whitechapel High st. That was fun until l wrote my car off and left to work in a newsagents in Regent St.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:46 am

I'm sure you must have read something about bedroom tax, basically it means, if you have a spare room you must pay extra rent, private tenants don't, my daughter was in a two bedroom house and the HA said Jack and Isabel would have to share a bedroom until Jack was 10, but chaos ensued, and he kept climbing into Isabels cot and waking her up etc, so my daughter swapped for a three bedroom, (hence the move to Luton), and has to contribute twenty five quids a week toward her rent.
The last Jewish boss I had was when I worked for a company in Manchester, I worked from home (live Tarot counselling), his name was Mier, the company director was a Cohen.
Sanjay asked for his squirty bottle today, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:53 pm

That Bedroom tax! Of course silly me. When l came to leave Bernie said to me "You are like a son to me, I'll make you a partner if you stay." And he did some sum on a piece of papper and announced "A 5% partner!" All the time l was thinking of 50% and turned him down! Had to go to a church do this evening so crept out after she was covered up. I picked some flowers from the park for her she was very intrigued with them and kept tasting them, she liked the grasses best, I ate too much and now have a belly ache. Billy managed to poop in my bath despite all l good do to stop her, she was grinning from ear to ear!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:03 pm

That makes a funny visual!, mind you, I had a male Samoyed who literally grinned when we came home, he was that glad to see us. Sanjay likes herbs, and alfalfa rings from wilko, I've tried him with edible flowers, but he's not that keen. I had an upset tum this morning, it's one of my myriad symptoms, I remembered the Acidopolous capsules in the fridge, and managed to sort it out, I haven't felt that sick in ages. Five per cent was a bit of an insult!, but that's why I have never met a Jewish person who is poor, very astute!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:12 am

Bernie did a deal on a parcel of knitwear and persuaded one of his Jewish friends to take a third. a gentile took a third Bernie had played up the value to his friend and then when l went in on Sunday he was packing up all his best stock. "Big order?" l asked him. "No l have been let down on that knitwear parcel and now l have to send my friend my best stock/ "What about the other chap" l asked "Oh I have already spoken to him and told him the deal is off!" Bernie's partner was called Ruby who bought the baby linen. They were always arguing and shouting abuse at each other but one day Ruby had a heart attack and Bernie gave me the keys of the warehouse asked me to keep the business going.

"Give no one credit!" he said and left me to it. One of his best customers came in an bought a lot and asked for credit l kept saying No. When Bernie came back from visiting Ruby in hospital he told he never wanted to give credit but always gave in and that customer would get his credit. On another occaison Bernie sent down to Brixton market to get as much of £2000 a stall holder owned him. "Bernie wants his money." I told her. "Shush!" she said but I shouted even louder and she pulled up her skirt and fished a roll of money out of her knickers and gave it to me. That was £400, "It is not enough!" I told her and she took one of her shoes off and gave me another roll of money. That was £300. "He wants it all I told her loudly and she pulled out another roll of money out of her bra. That was £750! And finally she gave me all the money in the till to keep me quiet. In all £1800 l had to keep that at home until l could go in on Sunday and give to him. He was over joyed and told me that he had always been fobbed off by her.

Another time l will tell how he made me take part in a sales pitch on the door step of his warehouse when business was really very bad. Sorry to hear about your upset tummy :ymsick:

Billie has been a bit off too, she only had one spoon of tea and one morsel of biscut, they say owner begin to look like their dogs l think we have birds with sympathetic symptoms.

My church had a "Do" last night and l ate too much l was up half the night with the cobbly wobbly

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Poor you, a Spanish friend invited us to a party, and had made "Spanish chicken", I hardly got any sleep that night for heartburn, thank goodness for bicarb. I sussed out it is the smell of paint that's made me queasy, it smelled like ordinary oil based gloss at first, but now it just stinks, a bit like cooked greens, I've had the window open 24/7, so I went online, and apparently it can take a month for the pong to go completely.
I remember my Jewish boss sending me to the bank with the takings in a box, chained to my wrist, every Friday evening, his missus sent me to the deli for black tripe and Knorr chicken cubes, eww, my mum ate bleached tripe and onions, double eww!.
Sanjay serenaded me today, a very priddy toon, he decided to play peek a boo with the curtains for a while, but then espied the canary seed bar, and went indoors pdq.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:12 pm

I worked as assistant manager in a store in Deptford High Street, and when we banked the days takings we would send the men with bags of coins over their shoulders while one of the women would take the notes in her hand bag. Do you remember the night safe at the bank? In another shop l would out the days takings in the night safe at about 9 pm and then the following day would go to the bank at about 11 am and count out the money.

Poor old Vista stopped working tonight l thought it was terminal but changed the fuse just in case and lo and behold here we are :)

I picked some more flowers from the park and offered them one by one to Bille she took each one and felt it with her tongue, l also picked some more blackberries and she pounced on those, she will have a funny runny tummy all night!
Paint makes me go all queasy too. Also vinegar, l hate it, my friends would pour half a bottle of vinegar over their chips not me even the smell gives me a funny runny tummy,

I have never eaten tripe, black pudding, hearts, brains, winkles, oysters, clams, however l did eat a lobsteer once.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:56 pm

I don't mind winkles, stuffed heart is a healthy meal, and we always had black pudding with an Ulster fry. We gave the dogs a lambs heart as a treat (raw) and one of my Samoyeds swallowed hers whole so quickly she brought it back, the cat we had almost fainted!.
I remember night safes, but always took the money into the bank where they had a key to the box. My bosses were very strict, they only employed Grammar school girls, if we had a fussy customer and didn't manage to sell them something it was a sackable offence, and if someone came to the door just after lock up we had to reopen for them. Of course nowadays if they sacked a girl for that, they'd get into a lot of trouble.
Lidl had Cavalo Nero (black kale) leaves again, and he actually eats them instead of just shredding them, as he does with other greens.
I ordered some Crown Imperial bulbs from a company in Holland, they arrived today, and of course, they smell exactly like cannabis, (they keep pests off my border), so goodness knows what the courier thought! You could smell them outside the box. :-!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:03 am

I expect couriers are used to it, Billie does not eat greens, she likes podded peas but cannot be bothered with broad beans l hav eot crack the shell open before she eats on or two beans. I came home from shopping to find I had not bought and Yoghurt or Yakult, so instead of my walk l dashed back down to the supermarket. So no extra blackberries or flowers for Billie.
I had to leve a message on my HA voicemail about my mixer tap not going to cold yeaterday and today a man cam to fix it, it is amazing what WD40 can do! He had a look a the toilet cistern and aggreed with me that it does not work so he is coming tomorrow to fix, And 7 Trent phoned and tried to get me to pay tjhe bill but in the end they took some responsibility for the hidden leak.
On Classic FM they are playing tghe "Devils Gallop" the signatune to "**** Barton Special agent which was on the radio every night at 5,30 pm my sister and l used to listen it but you would be to young to know. At night time Billie ants to play a game which l have not yet worket out the rules but it appears she either trying to bite me a gueuing ??? help me cover her up,
I have the air conditioner running it is 72 f in here but nearly 80 where Billie is housed. A @};- by any other name is still a @};-

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:30 am

I have heard of "bleep" Barton, but never listened to it, it was Always the Archers, until we got our first TV in 1957. Daddi liked Yakult, so we always had it, the yogurt drinks and "Lassi" (similar) from Lidl are lovely, like Yakult but more of it.
WD40 is brilliant stuff, it removes sticky labels a treat too. What an absolute pain, having this ongoing problem with your loo, I hope the guy sorts it out properly this time.
Sanjay was in a soppy mood today, asked for tickle and kisses several times!, I shall have to give him black kale more often! ~o)

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:31 am

Last night I threatened my bowels with a powerful laxative Ducolax if they did not produce a result and so far today l have moved my bowels 4 times with a very good result each time, so the next time your bowels play up you know what to do! Of course the toiket flush as been sorted but there is not enough water to clear the debris so it is back to buckets again, I do not mind because l am trying to use less water. 84F in the LR when Billie went to bed l left a window and door open to try and cool it down for her, I have the A/c working flat out in the BR and it is 73 f in here! should be cooler tomorrow and friday rain is forcast. TWSTW That Was Summer That Was.

Billie enjoyed a double helping of Blackberries today l picked some more on my walk around the park, the ones in our gardens are tiny, I shall not bother with any more flowers. If l buy black Cale and she does not like it then muggins will have to eat it,

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:50 pm

I have 3 tsps of Inulin powder on my low fat yogurt every day, it gets rid of visceral fat And keeps you regular, it is powdered chicory root, I buy it from the health food shop, black kale (cavolo nero) is a cancer fighter, all black/purple foods are. I used to take Sennakot, but Inulin is better. The guy in flat 1 is looking for trouble, not only has he moved a mate in without written permission, but they have dumped old furniture around the back, I told him today he has to pay the council to shift it, or the HA will issue a warning. I daresay I was accused of interfering, behind my back of course. Sanjay wasn't quite as soppy today, but today was sweetcorn again, hey ho! :ymalien:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:19 am

Never heard of Inulin, Senakot is too powerful gives me terrible stomcah cramp. Andrew's is about right, Syrup of figs is okay and dulcolax but l prefer to regulate by what l eat and blackberries are doing a wonderful job at clearing my bowels, Billie is a bit looose as well, she sat on my shoulder and gave a vbeautitiful sing song this afternoon.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:37 pm

Aww bless!, when daddi was on chemo he became so constipated he reopened an old hernia, and because he couldn't swallow solids because of the tumour, he bought syrup of figs, I warned him it would scour him, and it did, so badly he ended up in hospital for two Weeks on iv fluids, they fitted a stent at the end of his stay and told him to use sennacot because it is completely natural, no chemicals.
We used liquid paraffin on our pets, to shift hairball in cats, and foreign bodies like stones etc in the dogs, It's been an "ooh I say!" day today, tree surgeons putting a tree they cut down next door, through a shredder type machine, it was very noisy tho', This afternoon, himself semaphored for a squirty bottle. ;;)

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:59 am

Billie was ready for her shower today and she had a *** old time under the water but when l came to vac the floor she dived into her pool which sits by her cage on top of the bookcase over looking my organ, and when she starts splashing about I have to cover the organ. As l put her to bed l noticed three black beads quite small on the top of her head she would not let me touch them, hope they will have gone by the morming. :-s

I managed to get my walk in between showers and it has just stopped rainning quite hard, the sun has come out and it is a nice ewvening. When l worked in the pet shop we were told that it is illegal to diagnoze pets illnesses so when some one bought a cat that was wretching l called out "Any one know about cats?" And a lady volunteered it was a hair ball and recommended olive oil. We did not have a license to sell dogs or cats only birds, fish and reptiles.
You still miss Daddi very much, its alright to tell me of your hurt.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:06 pm

Thank you, but it's getting easier, I belong to an online group called "widowed village", we are from all over the world and support each other, especially the new ones.
I hope the black spots are feather cuticles, that's what they sound like. When I worked at the RSPCA shop a man came in, his cat had a kitten stuck, with it's head sticking out, I advised him it was probably dead, and to take his cat to the vet, as there may be more kittens queued up behind it, the very young assistant manager, who knew Nothing, told me off in front of him, for giving advice!, I pointed out that I had bred pedigree cats and dogs, And worked as a breeders assistant for over thirty years!, she said "oh but if something goes wrong we'd get into trouble", I asked her what could possibly "go wrong" with a qualified vet!, silly moo.
Sanjay has been quiet today, but I had to tell him off for trying to chew my voile curtains! @-)

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:08 am

Its vets who make the rules they get touchy if people make a diagnosis, quite often people would bring dogs in and l would stroke them (The dogs not the people) and say the coat is a bit mangy have you tried our shampoo! The owner of the shop told me once it was washing up liquid! And the cough mixture we sold for dogs was watered down Venos! I used to take his statements with a pinch of salt. One of my favourite puns would be to announce loudly "Its buy your dog a new collar week! It was amazing the number of people who fell for my line. I had that job for three years until l fell out with him, but that was good because it took over an hour by bus and sometimes l would cycle there but that took nearly 40 minutes.

Billie looked a little down in the dumps today so l dug out a toy with chimes and she loved it, also l took a mirror with three bells which has hung on the back of the cage ever since l got her, and gave it a clean and hung it up in the door way and she loves playing with it.

I think you are right about those black spots being feather cuticles as two have disappeared and the other has faded. She refused the teaspoon of tea, cannot blame her it is revolting without sweetner, but l get sweeter in my tea. When my friend Anthony died l suffred a bad depression and went to the doctor he prescribed some anti depressent pills they ere so horrlible l threw them away and cured myself of the depression!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Yes, I've done that too!, The best medicine for kennel cough is Benlyn human cough meds, and Tunes, once a dog has had Kennel cough they are immune, it's only dangerous in old dogs, so why pay for the nose drops from the vet? Unless you're boarding your dog. My mum bathed my border collie with carbolic soap and a scrubbing brush!, we had to be careful with ours, because at shows they test a dogs coat for artificial colours, at lesser shows they don't, but I saw a woman darkening the stripes on her brindle whippet with a black felt tip!. It's been a weird day here weather wise, bouts of rain and quite high wind, and sunny spells, Sanjay has been a bit subdued too, I was going to shampoo my carpeting, but couldn't be bothered, ;)

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:08 pm

I get that can't be bothered feeling too but Billie makes such a mess l hate it when people call so l make the effort and vacumn the floor on Mondays and Fridays and also clean the plastic carpet protectors. Billie has been very affectionate today holding her beak up for a kiss, we have got into the habit of a Goodnight Kiss, but this evening she wanted dozens before she went in and l could cover her up.

Emma knocked on my door and said that when l flush the toilet it sounds as if the water is about to enter her flat so l told her l was flushing the toilet with buckets of water from the bath (Billie and I only have showers) Emma gave me a Hippo bag you have to put it under the the ball, but l shall have to give it back to her as my loo does not have a ball cock. I think it must be G a y.

Emma told me her cat was attacked by two foxes and she will keep it indoors in future and dig up some dirt for the litter tray. She told me her benefit had been held up and she had go to the food bank but she has a live in male partner l would have thought he would give her money, but l offered two small tins one of sardines and the other mackeral both of which l do not like. I like Pilchards but the last ime l had any l shared with Billie and her beak stank of fish for days.

I am thinking of buying a new cage because this one is getting beyond cleaning, I had one of those steam cleaners but after l had used it on her cage it stank to high heaven (the cage not tjhe steam cleaner!) and l have not used it again. I might invest in a corner cage with open top that would be bigger than this one so her tail feathers can grow again she once had a beautiful tail over !4" long.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:02 pm

I dunno, we pay out hundreds for cages, and quite frankly, some are not fit for purpose, I am still undecided, because the one I was keen on has a domed roof, and Sanjay likes his flat roof garden to play footie on.
Dirt from the garden?, she could get "economy" cat litter for a quid, ugh! Then she dumps it back in the garden for some poor unsuspecting gardener to find. Some folk shouldn't have pets.
Ooh er missus!, a paramedic turned up today for flat 1, followed by an ambulance, they were in there ages, finally Craig is taken away, walking and carrying a Holdall, wonder if it's mental health? As we have witnessed him snorting cocaine outside the house. His mate is still there.
Sanjay shared scrambled egg today, he's more partial to that, than hard boiled!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:59 am

Does Sanjay know how fattening scrambled egg can be? Billie wolfed 10 blackberries today and added to the stains on the wallpaper. She will have the cobbly wobbly funny runny tummy all night. I do not mind the stains because one day l shall strip the old wall paper off and emulsion the walls.

Billie demanded l cover her up tonight but l had a crisis with one of my files "Word" crashed and would not load it so l had to use Word Pad. However once that crisis was over she would not go in her cage until l had kissed her dozens of times.

Emma's cat is called Maximus and is addicted to nicotine and quite likely alsholol as well. I am sure she feeds it table scraps and as it getts older it will become hormonal and become a cat from hell, EmmA WILL PROBALBLY GET RID OF IT. To think l would have trusted her with Billie, YUK!

Shopping tomorrow l have on my list to buy some cat litter, but Emma was smoking canabis or some weed if she can afford that she ought to afford cat litter. /:)

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:54 am

Last I heard, it is twenty quids for a tiny amount.
Mystery solved, Craig had a serious asthma attack and his puffer had run out. I bought Sanjay a raffia "foraging" toy for three quids today from Wilko and he loves it!, he's been shredding it all afternoon, I also found some cooked, peeled chestnuts in Lidl (castana), and his face lit up. I think a lot of parrot toys are over priced with Northern Parrots and Scarletts. All they want is something safe to chew or shred. :ympeace:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:24 am

Lucky Sanjay. I bought some fly paper today sick to death of the fruit flies around Billie's cage and out in the kitchen, was unwrapping one and the end came free form the carton and it wrapped itself around my wrist it is sticky stuff in getting it off my wrist it caught my shirt and and then my trousers this is worse than marmalde which has given me a good idea to make my own fly and wasp paper, finally I got it free and pinned it up in the kitch, the other one l was more careful in withdrawing it from the carton l hung it up near Billie's cage.

Billie is making a new wallpaper blackberry splatter l think l told you yesterday still never mind she added to the pattern today, Billie is not in the mood for ripping anything she is demanding her bed time kisses and does not like being hurried. I agree with you about NP and S sometimes you can make your own toys which are more fun. :D

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:19 pm

I typed a reply and accidentally pressed the back button, sigh. We always used fly papers instead of sprays, fortunately the CIF antibacterial spray I use smells of citronella oil, and I soak a cotton wool ball with citronella and pop it in my vacuum bag, so we never get any flies at all, on TV Kim and Aggie stuck strips of masking tape to a window and brushed it with honey. My grandma made wasp traps, with a bit of left over jam in a jam jar and water, she would put the lid back on and pierce a hole, just big enough for a wasp to go in, but be unable to crawl out of again.
Sanjay is still having fun with his cheap toy, his strips of raffia are very uniform in width and length, quite clever in fact, :ympeace:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:56 am

Did you look in the drafts folder? Good tips on fly catching, l shoo flies and wasps out but fruit flies are the very devil to get rid of. I gave themn a good squirt from Raid, Billie was in the LR asleep. She wanted oodles of kisses and a bed time story and more kisses before she allowed me to push a perch under her and loaded her into the cage. I did not like the idea os using soapy water on her cage but l was sick of the fruit flies so l gave her cage a good clean with warm soapy water and it came up a treat!

I thought l would strip the wall paper and its new pattern Blackberry splatter and gloss paint the wall in her corner before l get a new cage and as this is a big job l have put buying a new cage on hold. I LOVE PROCRASTINATING! :D
Don't forget to buy Parrots!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:17 pm

Don't use gloss, you can never emulsion over it, if you can afford it buy Dulux Endurance, scrubbable emulsion.
Yes, I remembered my magazine on Monday, today I went prezzy hunting for Jack and Isabels birthdays, and bought them clothes and a book each. The market was today, so I came home with Guavas, ripe figs, and a rugby ball papaya for himself, I also bought another "boredom buster" toy from Wilko, only two left, (one now).
There's a country market stall, and some home grown cavolo Nero, not as big as Lidl, but organic, and he was very happy with his fresh rations, the guavas have a lovely smell. A few Weeks ago I bought a mesh domed fruit bowl from lidl, the lid is domed, in case a sneaky fly gets in.
Soapy water is fine, I like lemon Flash gel, it's very effective. When I strip his cage, I use it on his perches, then rinse them in very very diluted Zoflora lavender disinfectant, and make sure they are properly dry, he only uses the perches to perch on, and wipe his beak, the main thing is to prevent eye infections. It's gone very murky here, they have forecast rain and thunderstorms tonight, bring it on! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:27 am

We have had so much rain today l was unable to go for a walk, its raining now and much cooler. Billie has gone off Blackberries two days running she has ignorred the fruit bowl, she went off tea but came back today for more, she is not very keen on toys, l used to make a foot toy of paper wrapped millet spray which went down quite well. But she only gets a millet srpay when l go shopping or to church. She destroys a Parrot (Wilko) stick in minutes so l only give her one mid afternoon. She went in quite quickly this afternoon and only had a couple of goodnight kisses.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:19 pm

Sanjay demolishes seedy bars quickly, depending on type, sunflower last longer than budgie or canary. We didn't get the rain until this evening, and not much of it, still, the garden appreciates any amount, no matter how small. The last bank holiday before Yule, pensions will be paid tomorrow.The evenings are drawing in quite noticeably now, which is a shame, but not for long. Another black sack in the recycling bin, it's definitely them upstairs, Santa is away again, and the boys in flat one don't use black sacks, just carrier bags for their rubbish. #:-s

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:23 pm

Our housing officer has left after 6 weeks claiming that the HA do not pay enough she has gone to Midland Heart so we have to get used to another one, or should l say another one has to get used to us. I do not use tghe recycling bins any more it all goes into our big bin. Some body dumped a big old TV right where the invalid carriage comes in but fortuantely it was gone by lunch time. I burnt the back of my hand on an oven tray tuesday and it wont heal l had New Skin on it but that came off so l tried a plaster but that rubbed the skin, so l have gone back to New Skin. It was lovely in the park today l sat on a bench in the sun for 20 minutes, it takes me about 40 minutes to walk round (The park not the bench!) The fruit flies are getting us down l tried to vacumn them up but gave Billie a nasty scare, so l reserted to hitting them with a rolled up news paper, l must find a fly swat, the Fly paper does no good, Billie thought the rolled up news paper was a game and gave me a pretty tune as if to encourage me.
Billie sdtarted to play up at bed time so l sat down until she decided to go in, no amount of shouting "Get in your bloody cages." does any good. I use a stick and try and lever her into it but she just lifts her chest and gives me a repreoachful look. i-)

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:40 pm

They can look very aggrieved, can't they?. In the army we put flour on burns, it takes the heat out, running under a cold tap doesn't do much good. I bought the new wilko toy in good time, all that was left of the old one today, was the knotted string at the top!, he was Ever so pleased, he went for it like a rat up a drainpipe!. I should imagine it's a very stressful job, HA manager, we've had the same one for decades. I pottered in the garden today, I had a Nicotiana (flowering tobacco plant) to plant, also a couple of others I brought back from the market, Sanjay was calling to me through the window. I hope we Do get the promised rain tho'. :x

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:32 pm

No rain today but humid, last night l had to go round to Everton's house at 4 am and ask hime to turn the sound down as he had all the windows open and a parting in full swing, l do not sleep in pyjamas so had a dresing gown and l wear false teeth but they were in a glass but all he did was to slam the front door in my face, but he did turn the sound down.

People ask me "Do you have your own teeth? And I reply "Oh yes l would not wear and one else's!!"

Billie went to bed aster a little play and lots of kisses but we are both fed ip to the back teeth with these fruit flies l go round with a rolled up news paper and bring it down on any l see Billie asks "Did you hit it?"

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:05 pm

I googled, you need an empty jam jar, Apple Cider Vinegar, and cling film, you put the apple cider vinegar in the jar, stretch cling film across the top and secure it, then punch small holes in the cling film, fruit flies will go inside and not come out.
Sanjay has completely trashed the new toy!, he should be in the Guiness book of records!.
I still have all my original teeth thank goodness, my dentist told me good teeth are genetic. And I wear cotton nightclothes, you just never know if someone is going to turn up late at night or early hours. How rude was Everton!, rude and inconsiderate. I hope the Apple Cider Vinegar does the trick, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:35 am

Mother claimed l pulled a whistling kettle down and scalded myself, face neck and chest l was three years old. I think she threw a pan of water in my face but l cannot remember. However l can remember the hospital and my stay there, Da came hoke frpm the army fpr 6 moiotns which pleased mother.

Funny enough my earlist recollection was sitting on my mother's lap aged about 18 months looking at Christopher sitting on his mother's lap, during the London Blitz of September '41. He was wearing a striped sleeveless pullover and both mother and Auntie Olga screamed when a bomb landed nearby.

But the enamel on my teeth never form and consequently when l was 14 l would have to visit the dentist twice a week for him to keep up with the fillings, I used to get terrible toothache and when l was 22 l had the last 7 taken out. 6 were leaning on one and they just came out but the last stuck its foot in and the dentist had to climb on the chair to get enough purchase to pull the last one out! So no more toothache!

The fruit flies seem to have lessened since l have bee using soapy water to clean Billie's cage. But l have put Apple cider vinegar on my shoppping list l bet Asda do not sell it. Billie called to be covered but kept saying "Not yet" and she got very cross but after awhile she popped back inside for a quite bite and I leapt up and shut the cage up and covered her in a trice. :-o :-bd

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:13 pm

Well done!, I remember being inside my mum. I remember stepmother snatching me from my sisters arms as the train to London pulled out, I was 2. And I certainly remember her with hands around my throat, forcing me backwards through a third storey window when I was 4, and being carted off to the funny farm, she never stopped being abusive either, and her husband was a nasty little bully too. Nowadays, I would be taken off them.
Most shops, that is, the big ones, have apple cider vinegar, I wonder if a fruit flavoured cider would have the same effect? Or maybe it wouldn't smell pungent enough to attract them.
When I used to put Sanjays left overs in my compost bin I would get a cloud of fruit flies everytime I lifted the lid, nowadays his stuff goes in with ordinary rubbish. Working as a landscape gardener, I would get nipped by perspiration flies, (tiny gnat like things) especially when laying well rotted manure, but then a colleague told me to use Dettol soap, and it really did the trick, the little blighters would leave my face really red and sore.
Sanjay is noshing his "supper" so he's not ready for bed yet, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:30 am

Billie would have a fit if l kept her up until 6,30 it is hard enough making her wait until 5 pm, what time does Sanjay get up in the mornings? Well done on the memory a lot of people cannot remember what happened before they were Seven.

If Asda do not have apple cider vinegar l will try Holland and Barrat, I tried some honey mixed with warm water but it has caught nothing. However there does seem less of the little blighters! :ymparty:

I can remember at 6 being in Woollies and mother was talking to the shop assistant and l was bored so l pushed up the glass front to the counter, Mother said. "Do that again and l will smack you." So l did and she did and being a little beast l said to her "That did not hurt!" And she slapped my leg even harder and with tears in my eyes l said "That did not hurt either!" the next one nearl knocked me off my feet and a woman came up and told my mother "That is no way to treat a child!" And mother said "Have you had any!" When l was about 12 we used the lunch money to buy cigarettes and would make do with 3d of broken biscuits!

Anything happening on the ringneck side?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:49 pm

Sanjay goes to bed at 9pm and gets up between 8 and 9 am, sometimes if I get up early, he makes a little "ahem" noise to let me know he's awake and wants a tickle. We watched "Now Voyager" today, my favourite BD film, and Sanjay fell asleep, bored.
We still haven't had the rain they keep promising, I thought with a bank holiday we would be bound to get some, wrong!.
It will be a shorter week for workers, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:44 am

What is a BD film? Billie is an avid Tv watcher she get really annoyed if l do not switch the box on first thing, she tuts if l stand between her and the telly! Shame about Gene Wilder, only 83! Shopping today and Asda had Apple vinegar but l had to ask for help imn finding it. My watered down honey trapped one may fly but by this evening so had the AV so 1 each. I forgot to buy apples so when Billie had gone to bed at 5 pm l crept out, I'm a good creep"! And went to Tesco its off the bus and straight into the store, and on the way home it is out of the Store cross the road and bus back. :D

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:15 pm

A BD film is a Bette Davis film!, I can see why I was named after her, but my name is pronounced Correctly, as in Bette Midler, there is no "y" on the end, (it's a French name),
Anyway, I caved in and have given the garden a good sousing with the hose, and it has picked up quite considerably.
We have a Tesco metro near the bus stop, but the nearest Asda is in Biggleswade, and Sainsburys is outside town, Morrisons two bus rides away. I Never get away with sneaking out, he susses me out Everytime and kicks off shouting for me,so I always have to share dialogue if I'm going out, and say ta ta, then he is fine, of course, he always wants to know if I've bought everything on his list, when I get back! ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:00 pm

Fancy Sanjay having a shopping list wait until l tell Billie tomorrow! We pay a service charge but have not had a gardener for 3 months. And the last HO only lasted 6 week and for two of those she was on holiday. She claimed that our HA only pay enough for an assistant HO, I can quite believe it. I bought some brown trousers yesterday 36" waist but they are miles too small so l measured my waist and it has shot up to 40" l put it down to Billie and I enjoying tea in the afternoons with lots of skimmed milk powder! No more tea.
Made 21 portions of shepherds pie today they are cooling their heels in the fridge, before going in the freezer. But l shall have to freeze them in batches. They each total 175 calories each which is very good. I added up all the claories of the ingredients and divied by 21.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:35 pm

Last year, we were promised new carpet in the communal area, but there's still no sign of it. Our Housing Officer shares the job with another lady.
Anyway, 21 shepherd pies?, goodness! It would take me ages to get through them, I am on salads still, too hot to cook. You could try semi skimmed milk, or Soya milk, it doesn't taste any different to moo juice. Daddi stayed the same weight and size right up to his illness, he was 5ft 11, weighed 11 stone, 32 waist, what you'd call "greyhound breed". Today I brought prickly pears as well as guavas, and fresh figs, also cavolo nero, And another new wilko "boredom breaker", different from the last two, Sanjay thought his hatchday and yule had both come on the same day!, talk about spoiled for choice, he just didn't know Where to start! :-!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:21 pm

One shepherd pie a week should last out to Christmas, have now frozen them and taken out of the containers and put in plastic bags, O will have one on Sunday, will let you know how they turned out. A couple of weeks time it will be more stew, hope fully 20 or more portions.

Salad leaves me cold and constipated, besides l cannot eat spicy foods so that rules out tomatoes and peppers bland is the order of the day, I used to chain cook a sausage casserole but decieded it was too fattening. My sister and l only had to look at a mars bar to put on weight, but I used to go the flicks with a can of condensed milk, Fussells and scoff the lot during the film, l always found that the second Mars bar did not tase as good as the first. I was 12 stone in the army but about ten years later went up to 14 stone and stayed there for 20 years, It is opnly in recent years l put on the weight.

We have an interloper on the page, bloody nerve!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:29 pm

It's been reported.
Daddi ate tins of condensed milk in his youth, and it rotted his teeth, I cannot stand anything sweet, I break into a sweat. Tomatoes are very bland, I like mine with basil, or black pepper. I can see how it is more economical to cook and freeze in bulk, I think I would get bored with the same stuff tho'. Sanjay is still working on the new toy, he has unravelled quite a lot of it!. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:23 am

Good, well done! Billie was playing with an old pen and l went across to look at her and i discovered she had bitten through to the ink tube so l took it off, she did not make a fuss just got on with the next demolition job.
I have IBS and tomatoes are off limits. I had a treat today a small spoon of hazelnut choclate spread and some raissons
Lovely! I could eat a whole jar of hazlenut chocoalte spread in one go so had to content myself with just the one small spoon full! I have a sweet tooth. :D :-$

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:14 pm

IBS is one of my symptoms, or Used to be, I started taking Acidophilus capsules from Holland and Barret, you have to keep them in the fridge, and swallow with cold water, do they work? Absolutely!, they stop it immediately, nowadays I only take them if I start getting a flare up.
Sanjay still hasn't managed to completely destroy his toy! It's shredded but still hanging on in there!, I will get him a new one on Monday.
We actually had a downpour today! Woohoo! \:D/

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:26 am

I get Mebervine tablets from the doctor which stop my bowel spasms, also Yak helps to keep me regular, some friends came today and Billie sat on my shoulder while we talked, at time she joined in the conversation! But she was pleased when they went so she could have me all to herself. I gave Billie a foot toy made up of millet spray rolled up in some paper.I hung it from string in her door way she had to pull it up but she enjoyed it.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:19 pm

Anything that entertains the little grey cells!, Sanjays toy is lasting nicely. It's been cooler and wet today, the garden must be feeling much better, I posted Jack and Isabels birthday box yesterday, it was so big it had to go parcelforce, the woman behind the counter said I should have sent two separate boxes, I said No, because they would have become separated, and arrive on different days, which would have caused tears before bedtime,but I can track it, And it's insured for fifty quids, they got their birthday cards today. Sanjay hates strangers, and I've got a sparky coming on Friday to do an electrical check up, everything is fine!, I always report problems, but I daresay there are those who don't bother, like the strange people next door, I don't think they've got a brain cell between them, %-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:39 am

Some of our residents make me see red :mrgreen: instead of recycling their rubbish by sorting it they just bung their bags into any bin that looks empty and the bins have started to overflow, but after this warmer weather is over l shall not bother about, but l no longer can recycle my stuff. Managed to find the right hole to plug my speakers back into the tower and now sound is back! =p~
Billie likes visitors, she sat on my shoulder while my friends were here quite content to listen, she knows thatwhen l go to church or shopping she gets a millet spray and today she was quite anxious half an hour before l left, also she tried to hurry me at 3 pm into thinking it was bedtime and she got quite cross l kept saying "Not yet!" and she started to bang her bell and babble ball but after awhile she became resigned to the fact that l wa sgoing ot make her wait but at 4.30 she started again so l relented and covered her up.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:52 am

There haven't been any black sacks in the recycling bin recently, so them upstairs must have finally learned to read English,
With Ian (Santa) away, there isn't much rubbish, not that he brings his down, he waits for his relatives to visit, no wonder he is as obese as he is, never leaves his flat when he's here.
Sanjay is happily shredding that toy, it is unrecognisable to when I brought it home, just a big mass of fibres, yet we spent a fortune on toys which never even got a look. I hope Wilko have still got some tomorrow.
Sanjay eavesdrops on telephone conversations, he especially loves the loudspeaker function, then he makes noises in the background, much to Jack and Isabels amusement. :x

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Billie loves the answer phone, but when people phone me she sits on my shoulder and makes quite a lot of noise, callers are intrigued. I think Billie recognizes some voices. I gave her a small chestnut today l did not see her eat it but there is only half left.

This morning she sat on top of the clothes horse while the shower was running, as l am recycling the water the bath had water in it. I went out to get my breakfast things ready and when l came back she was on the lowest rung trying to see if she could find a bottom with her foot, l chased her back to the top but l wonder what would happen if she let go and dropped into the water, would she drown? Or be able to grab the clothes horse? Scary!

She sits in the water bath on top of the book case next to me as l play the organ and splashing me and the organ with water. I had to dash down to the optician this morning, and hten down to the chemist this afternoon for a repeat prescription but they did not have it so l shall have to go again. Tomorrow is shopping day, Its all go!

Lovely evening, clear skies,

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:49 pm

It certainly is!, I always have my medication delivered. Wilko had a goodly supply of boredom breakers today, so I bought one of each type, Sanjay was ever so pleased!. I should imagine Billie would have panicked, and maybe drowned if it had been deep enough, what a horrid thought. They are like children, aren't they?, you cannot take your eyes off them for a second.
I bought a metre and half of new vinyl table cover for underneath his palace, the old one was beyond redemption, and have cleaned his alcove thoroughly, not that he cares! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:47 am

I shall have to get a larger carpet protector as Billie has taken to throwing the food she does not want halfway across the living room. I completly forgot to go to Wilko's today when ,l went shopping. Billie has a large mirror behind her cage and tonight when l would not put her to bed when she wanted, she told her reflection all her woes, it was quite funny to watch her bobbing up and down and speaking to her image. :lol:

The fuse on the computer plug keeps blowing l put in three 5 amp fuses one after the other until l realized that l was overloading that circuit with my A/c, hifi, Dyson fan, printer, computer and printed but why it blew only the computer is any ones guess. I switched off most of that stuff and now the computer is working okay off a 5 amp fuse.

I turned my back for a second when she was on the clothes horse again today only to find she had gone down to the bottom rung again, so I scopped up handfuls of water and poured them over her she quickly returned to the top of the clothes horse a lot wetter.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:22 pm

Billie will develop webbed feet !. ^#(^
I haven't had a signal on my mobile phone all day today, its so annoying, I don't know what the cause is, but guessing it's the weather. Years ago we bought an electric fire that kept blowing its fuse, it had a 5 amp, it wasn't powerful enough and the fire needed a 13amp, then it was ok. :-!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:36 am

Electric fires have one or two kilo watt elements too powerful for 5 amp, but a Tv or computer uses l lot less energy and can cope with a 5 amp fuse. l have one in the plug now, it protects the computer from minor power surges.

Billie sat on the clothes horse two rungs down and did not try to go lower so my spashing might have stopped her going down. She has a lovely temperment. We play a game when the blanket arrives to cover her up she wants to pull it over herself but she is careful not to bite me, she has a lot of kisses and a bedtime story "once upon a time..the end" finally she goes in and l can cover her up.

Very hot last night and predictably Emma was outside shouting at 1.30 am, our new housing officer came today to deal with tokens and his name is Raj, when l told him about Emma he was all for going round to see her but I managed to persuade him to wait to see if she contiues to be noisy tonight,

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:20 pm

A new broom etc..., maybe Raj is just what you need. The second new toy went in today, having removed the piece of twine which was all that was left of the first one. My mobile provider has been down now for 48 hours and I am getting fed up, they've promised they're "working on the problem", but for how long?,, its a good job I have my land line and this tablet, ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:42 am

Do you have Cable? Perhaps not if you did you would have Virgin, I have a package with them it costs £61 a month and l get 180 tv channels super fast broad band and land line telephone. 7 trent have not sent a revised bill so l am not paying them. But my electical/gas supplier Southern Electric gave me a refund of £200 for over paying my direct debit and l have used that to pay off my credit cards, :D

Billie's clock works to perfection she started making noises to be covered at 4 pm but l told her not beore 4.30! And dead on 4.30 she reminded me of the time. Batteersea Dogs home sent me some cards and table mat and a key ring with plastic tab so l gave it to Billie she could not chip the plastic tab but kept getting her foot caught in the key ring so l had to take it away from her.

I gave Billie a parrot stick this afternoon the first one for a few days and she got to work demolishing it so l called out you wont get another for a week and she stopped the demolition!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:45 pm

Yes, I have the same bundle as you with Virginmedia, but my broadband hub refuses to communicate with my phone, besides, it wouldn't provide the signal for textimg or calling my daughter, who hasn't got a landline.
I gave the sitting room a good "siding" today, moved furniture across and cleaned, then the other side, I don't know how we manage to accumulate so much dust!. Sparky tomorrow at 9.30, but it shouldn't take long, the met office has forecast rain, good!, ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:24 am

If you phone Virgin they will help you connect to the hub.

More good news 7 Trent sent me a cheque for £28 and cancelled the out standing bill because of water loss, But they pointed out that any further water loss l would have to pay for. So l do not have to use the money l put away for Billie's
vet bills. And l am building up a reserve to pay the next water bill in January. =))

It was spitting today as l went around the park, we now have a new gardener. Considering the service charge covers the gardening and we have had no gardener since Janaury the HA have made a tidy profit on that.

Billie tried it on at 3.30 pm. I told her it was too early and she waited for 30 minutes before asking again but it was too early and she waited another 30 minutes before l relented and covered her up for the night.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:57 am

The sparky turned up on time and was here for an hour and a half, ex Royal Green Jackets (donkey walloper).
Sanjay sat on his back perch very very schtumm, a little study in still life. Toy number two is now shredded thoroughly with just a few strands left, but remember the old advert slogan?, "you're never alone with a strand" :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:09 pm

When l travelled in the rush hour by train l would light up a cheroot in a crowded compartlment and soon people left and l could sit down, cant say l remember Strand fags, l liked Players Imperfectos they were oval, but very expensive, 555 State Express were also expensive. I think the boss of the Shipping company in London Wall smoked Strand, Nomikos, l was the office boy, until a suprise inspection of the post book revealed l had more stamps than l was supposed to have but since l made some dreadful mistakes they sacked me. Then l worked for an old fashioned textile wholesaler for 20 years.

Billie loves visitors she stands on tip toe and sings while we try and hold a conversation, today a van was broken down in the car park abd she was making little "Ip Ip" noise which means she is frightened. So l stood by the cage and we exchanged kisses all the time l was saying "Its okay Billie!"

Two years ago in October she started to lay eggs, so l have started to cut back on her diet less sweet fruit, more vegs.

Prevention is better than cure/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:03 pm

My stepdad smoked Players navy cut, but only half, he'd keep the other half for later, war time habit I suppose, when he died aged 80, they said his lung cancer wasn't due to smoking, they were full of coal dust where he had worked as a miner before the war, I like Sobranie cocktail, daddi liked Sobranie Black Russian, but they are both very expensive and special occasion only.
Sanjay clings to his cage door when something puts the wind up him, he doesn't make a sound, wild birds go quiet and still when someone approaches, have you noticed?.
I am very fortunate, I have never been sacked from a job, many years ago daddi was a night manager at a warehouse, a van arrived carrying garden tools , when the doors were opened, they fell out almost injuring his staff, so he got on the phone to the manager where the van was loaded, and really tore into him, daddi got sacked for it, but soon found another job, a week or so later, the guy who had sacked him got the sack, for sacking daddi!, it's a crazy world. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:39 am

It is a crazy world, after being sacked from my first job l was made redundant after 20 years in the second, I then became an agent for various companies but gave that up when MissMod did not pay my commission, and I became manager in a textile credit shop, but left that after trade became very slow, and I became a manager in a tobacconist in Oxford street but that l also gave up as it was too far to travel so instead l became a manager to a local tobacconist stationery shop, but then got fed up with that and became a manager in a pet shop which was more interesting but left after three years and moved up to the West Midlands and gave up work, my last job was in 1980.

Billie copies the magpies and scolds me with what l call the Indian parrot death call, when she wants me to come back.
I gave her a rubber foot toy filled with millet spray to keep her quiet but when l went back to see how she had gotten on l found she had eaten half the rubber foot toy, l offered her a large millet spray and tried to take the foot toy away but she gave me a nip and drew blood, but the large millet was too much temptation so she dropped the foot toy.

I get to know her calls, even when she tells me it is bed time which if l ignore she goes bananas on her bells. I bought these two plug in insect killers to rid Billie and myself of these fruit flies, every time l try to whack one with a rolled up newspaper they escaped so l threw a tea towel at one and then crunched up the tea towel, good bye fruit fly!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Fruit flies are too tiny and quick to moider by normal means.
I hope Billie didn't ingest any rubber, Sanjay was deliberately annoying today, but everytime I told him off it was butter wouldn't melt! (moi?, as if!).
It's turned much cooler now, but then the Autumnal Equinox is on Sept 21st, the sun is still lovely and welcome tho'.
Yes, the pet shop would be more interesting, that's why I loved my kennel manager job, it was freelance, as my main job was landscape gardening, that's where I fell in love with parrots, anything to do with animals!, I never fancied working with kids, even though I am qualified to teach English. %%-

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:33 am

My flies are down! :oops:
Well the fruit flies are down in numbers.
Expect the warmth to return tomorrow and Wedesday, but there is definitely a chill in the air, when the leaves start to turn yellow nature expects autumn to follow. My friend in Florida is an old biddy in her 80's wrote saying the on/off button broke but she managed to turn on the computer by poking a screwdriver inside the hole. I wrote back to tell her that l would look out for her when l got to Heaven. But l did that on the church computer and it cost me £40 to have it repaired. I thought she could take the cover off to see if she could reposition it herself WITH THE ELECTRICITY OFF!

Billie was very good this evening she did not once ask to be covered and when it got to 20 mins past 4 l surpised her with my offer to cover her up.

I have just discovered that the fly and insect spray expired 5 years ago no wonder it did not work! :o The plug in insect killers do not work either well not on fruit flies. Apple cider was best but it needs replacing, shopping tomorrow so buy some more then. Back in the 60's anybody could be a teacher and l remember asking one of my friends who taught on those big old schools why the windows were wide iopen in the middle of winter, He said "Are you kidding they stink to high heaven!" and that put me off wanting to be a teacher.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:52 am

A friend of ours, who was an RAF "snowdrop" taught special needs kids after demob, and didn't have any quali's , we were quite shocked, we thought it should be more important for teaching special needs.
Well, I'm glad the apple cider vinegar works,
Went shopping today, the boredom breaker toys are flying off the hooks, but I managed to Snaffle one of each again. My daughter has a job centre interview, which, if she doesn't attend, they will stop her benefits, but school teacher refused to let Jack have the day off because she might not be back in time to pick him up, so she contacted the headmaster, and pointed out, if Muslim and Jewish children could have days off during term time, Jack should at least be allowed this one day, her complaint was upheld, she decided to be even more pedantic, and told them, from now on she is claiming Her right as a Pagan, to keep the children off on Sabbats and esbats (lesser sabbats), they are contacting the Pagan Federation to confirm these, but she won her point! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:11 am

Good on yer! Stick to your guns. We had a lovely thunder storm rain came down in buckets but only lasted 15 minutes.
Went shopping this morning and bought my self a nice pair of brown brogue shoes, cost £30 hand made leather uppers should see me through the winter.Aslo bought as big selection of cracked and tried some on Billie she likes Minton's crackers but they have gone out of business, made a careful search for low salt crackers. Forgpt to go to Wilko's.

Cleaned her cage where the fruit flies hang about and put the fruit and veg is two stainless steel bowls she had when l got her she threw one on the floor and l told her off but that one and the other one stayed on her cage. She has taken to biting me through my shirt when she sits on my shoulder and she got a big telling off today when she tried it on.

What is a RAF snowdrop?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:39 pm

An RAF "snowdrop" is a policeman, they have white hats, like the Redcaps in the Army have red ones.
It's been a scorcher today, the hottest on record for September. I would have appreciated a drop of rain. Soaked the garden this evening, and tried Sanjay with a clary sage flower, but he spat it out. Sanjay can't chuck his bowls, they sit quite snugly in their ring holders,
My outside motion sensor light is permanently on, I tried turning it off and on again, hoping it would reset itself, but no joy, never mind, it's an energy saving bulb, ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:45 am

Wow! Add snowdrop to the vocalabulary. You can tell l cannot spell.
Is the bulb feeling its age? Very humid tonight, roll on the winter. Billie has not chucked her bowls about they sit on either side on top of her cage, l think she appresciates them because they do not attract the fruit flies and she has been dipping into them. We have a new gardener and he has a bald head, Billie goes potty over bald headed men, her handler before me was bald headed. She keeps calling to the gardener but he cannot hear her. When Billie had her old cage these two bowls were all she had one was filled with sunflower seed the other with water, but as soon as l got her l bought a plastic water bottle which she managed to chew so l had to buy a glass water bottle she quickly cottoned onto how to make the water flow. Sghe tried it on quite early tonight but l made her wait until the alloted time 4.30. I remember a few years back she kept askingto be covered earlier and earlier and it was 2.30 pm in winter when l gave in, not so this year.
When Alan (the bald) had her he never covered her up she would go to sleep on a shelf or on top of the telly. Alan never gave her veg or fruit. Stil those days are long gone.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:55 am

An elderly neighbour of my daughter, found an IRN at a bus stop and took it home, No cage! (he's an old jailbird and used it as an excuse) and never fed the bird properly, he showed her a photo, it was a pale yellow female, and must have been someones pet, there are some ignorant folk out there.
The security light went out today, so I don't know if the bulb has gone (it's only a year old) or if there was a bit of muck on the sensor. Another hot day/humid night, I had to give Sanjay new toy number two today, I'm awfully glad they're only three quids each!. We had a German Shepherd .....itch who absolutely Hated policemen!, no idea why, we bred her ourselves, so we couldn't understand why, maybe she was Bill Sykes dog in a previous life, (joke). \:D/

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:13 am

My lower denture's lining has worn off l shall have to replace it tomorrow, l use Cushion Grip it used to be £2.50 for a 2 oz tube then it went up to £3-50 for a 1 oz tube now it is no longer being made but you can buy a tube on the internet for £50! I make each application last 3 months and l am blessed with several tubes. :D

Who decides what you come back as? I heard that if you had led a horrid life you would come back as a horrid creature but is you had led a good life you might not come back at all!

I have a portable air conditioner and the compressor keeps the bedroom nice and cool at 18 c but it makes a wicked noise however l was able to sleep last night. I have to turn it off when l use the computer because it blows the fuse, fortunately l have a ceiling fan and a Dyson Cool but it has already risen to 75 and will likely go to 77 f before l go to bed at nine. Billie is already tucked up. i-)

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:37 am

We choose, depending on what life lessons we have still to learn, but generally, homophobics return as g......y,, racists return as black or Asian etc, Edcar Cayce regressed a Jewish guy afraid of flying, and it turned out he was previously a German fighter pilot who'd been shot down and killed.
We are promised rain and thunderstorms, I hope they haven't got it wrong again. A Workman turned up this morning about my fans, trouble is, there's nothing wrong with them!, I hadn't reported them!. The HA sent a man with a van for flat 1's old furniture, they will be Billing the tenant for £80, he will wish he'd paid the council £15, to take it!. Sanjay is still noshing..... :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:08 am

We have a family of Africans here in a two bedroom house, Mum and Dad. Teenage daughter and boy friend, Teenage son and girl friend, shool age daughter and school age son! They persistently do not sort their rubbish but put it in carrier bags in the recyling bins and of course the bin men refused to empty them, they have been told by different people but now we are fed up with it and the bins are over flowing, and still they put carrier bags of rubbish in them but the irony of it is that we have three very large bins for general rubbish and anything goes in there as it is land fill.

Today will rain for you and l expect you will be flooded but hope you survive okay, it is now much cooler, and a nice breeze coming the BR window. Billie went to bed at the usual time 0f 4.30 pm l was late waking her this morning it was nearly 7.30 am.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:58 am

Yes, there was rain, but flooded? No, the street is on a hill, and the river is too far away even if it did overflow. My heuchera "rio" plants arrived today, shades of coral pink, Burgundy, and peach, for my winter hanging baskets, I've ordered winter pansies "golden flambe" for the window boxes, I've a feeling we will need warm, bright colours this winter, to cheer the road up a bit. Sanjay was in a loud frame of mind today, I had to tell him to shush!
Another Workman turned up "to look at the mould", What mould?, I phoned the HA, these jobs had been put on the wrong sheet!, apparently on August 19,th, I had allegedly reported dozens of repairs!, so some poor so and so is waiting!, ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:46 am

Lost land of Volcanoes BBC2 today showed the World's smallest parrot about 11/2 inches high, the program was quite interesting if you Google it you will find it on YouTube. Parrots is out some interesting articles, but not for us.

Billie got fed up with telling me it was bed time and she flew to the arm of my chair to get my attention l was watching a program and gave her a quarter of sugar free polo mint to keep her quiet. But to my chagrin the programme ended but she would not give me back the polo but flew back to her cage with it. However l decided to go to bed early tonight and that meant an early dinner, I cooked one of the new stew portions with rice absolutely delicious! So l put Bille to bed she loves helping me cover the cage and will pull as hard as she can to get the cover over the cage l give her a little help, making sure l keep my fingers out of her beak. She holds her head up for a goodnight kiss, over and over again, then l tell uer a bed time story "Once upon a time there was a handsome male Alexandrine parrot...THe end! Once she is satisfied that the cover is properly over the cage she goes in, and up on her sleeping perch.

Night night, no answer she is asleep already dreaming about this handsome male Alexndrine parrot.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:58 am

Aww, one day my prince will come, bless.
Sanjay spent more time out today, he wasn't quite so desperate for his fresh rations as he normally is. I thought the parrotlet was the smallest?, they had a cage full at Henlow pet and aquatic centre, and they were so tiny they had little food bowls lined with hay to lay their eggs in.
Daddi thought they were sweet, but not as sweet as the black headed Caique he fell in love with.
Miserable gloomy day here, sigh. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:07 am

We had a lovely sunny day with clouds, a bit chilly. :ymhug: In the pet shop days we sold Finches they eat their own body weight in seeds every day and one of the juniors was supposed to fill up all the birds seed boxes saw the finches were half full and did not bother to fill them he had not realized thet they do not look under the top layer of husks and in the morning 30 were dead. :-o :(( :((

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:45 am

My mother in law had Java finches. When I worked at a large quarantine kennel, one of the boys didn't bother to defrost the blocks of paunch (tripe), and a German champion, on loan for stud purposes choked to death, it caused quite an international incident.
My Sciatica has flared up again and this time it has triggered Shingles, the pain has been waking me up on the wee hours, the Shingles don't itch, but are very sore, and clothing doesn't help, I've been using Tea Tree oil, hopefully they shan't last long. :-s

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:17 am

Poor you! High pressure is building,we should get dry sunny weaterh thanks to your sciatica! I have psorious on my neck and head and have a parafin base ointment which helps, l also get shingles! Watch out it can affect the eyesight. My computer has shingles it keeps blowing its top ...fuse I had a 3 amp and it blew that so l tried a 5 amp but it blew that so as l have run out l used a 13 amp fuse and it has blown that will get some more tomorrow when l go shopping, but l had to rob peter to pay paul.

Billie wanted to go to bed at 4 pm but l kept telling her it was too early but at 4.30 I fetched the cover and she flew straight at me and tried to land on my glasses, whether it was anger or just excitement l do not know, this morning l gave her some grated carrot in her veg bowl and she ate that.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:17 pm

The blisters are popping of their own accord, and I am still using tea tree oil, I didn't know about eyesight being affected, thanks for the tip.
I found guavas today in an Asian shop, tiny ones, but just the right size for himself. I knew someone years ago with psoriasis, isn't it caused by stress?. We have just watched the new Jungle Book film, it's brilliant, some of the toons from the original are in there, but this is uber clever, the special effects nowadays are amazing. It drizzled today, but still very sultry, I planted the Heuchera's in the hanging baskets, my compost bin gets emptied tomorrow. :^o

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:28 am

They say Psorius is in herited but it might be caused by stress all the worry l had with Emma certainly did not help. Billie asked to be covered up at 3 pm she is getting earlier and earlier, well l resolved to turn off her uv light first and after waiting with baited breath she asked again at 4 pm but l tried telling her it was too early but in the end put her to bed at 4.15 pm. She went straight in and sat on her sleeping perch waiting for the last cover to go on.

Supposed to be hot this weekend, l shall be glad when winter arrives. Had my refund from 7 Trent paid into my account. I told them that my bank is 40 minutes away and l hardly ever go there when they sent me a cheque. Went sjhopping today and bought Billie a new toy from Wilko, also bought the last 6 parrot sticks and a big bag of parrot seed.

It really annoys me when l do not buy what l want and l had to go back this afternoon to get some fuses, still the walk there was good for me. Weekly weight check tomorrow, l want to get down to 36" waist and below 12 stone!

Billie has suddenly decided she likes pomegranite but ASDA did not have any so the one that is in the fridge willhave ot last until next week. :-s

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:10 pm

It depends on your height, Daddi stayed 11 stone all his adult life at 5' 11", and was classed as slightly underweight, he was quite fine boned, he had a 32" waist. It was a very pleasant day today, sunny and not too hot, a typical golden September day, it's the autumnal equinox.
Our Wood Green charity shop had jingly cat balls for sale at 10p each, yesterday, so I bought some for Sanjay, they are tougher than the other ones, so hopefully he won't be able to break into them so easily.I might go to the market tomorrow, there's a few things I need, and see if the newsagent has my Parrot mag, it wasn't in yesterday. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:34 am

Yesterday Billie explored the new toy but she has ignorred it today she is not a toy person. My computer is on its last legs, it keeps blowing the fuse in the plug, l started with a 3 amp then 5 then 13 amp but it still blows that on start up, I have unplugged all unecessary items hope that will fix it. However l have a laptop a Surface pro 4 l can fall back on should it be needed. :ymparty:

I only learnt today that an eqinoxox is the sun passing over the equator, l thought the sun has gone for his summer hokdays. It is getting darker in the evenings and colder too :ymbringiton:

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:05 pm

An Equinox means days and nights are of equal length.
Ok, so I bought prickly pears today, but in the Polish supermarket they had huge dried sunflower heads, bursting with seeds, I bought one as big as a dinner plate, and he loves picking the seeds out and scoffing them.
It was another lovely day, so I planted magenta coloured Celiosa's with dark purple, almost black Heuchera's and silver Cineraria's in my big planter, the Celiosa make a lovely contrast.
Everything will start drawing out again after Dec 21st :ymparty:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:27 am

Did you remember Parrots? My mixer tap in the kitchen gave up the ghost today, l phoned good and early but no one had come by 3.30 pm so l phoned again and the man who fixed my toilet says he is coming tomorrow the last time he came he said mixer taps do not last very long. So today l have had the water turned off so the mixer tap dribbles but wont do anything else. Also l had to stay in all day and it was such a nice afternoon l missed the walk.

Its a nice evening here blue skies and a chilly wind already. I gave Billie a parrot stick but l am trying to encourage her to stand on the Guava branch perch but it is at an angle she did try to put her foot on it but gave up.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:11 am

Guava or Java?, Sanjay has Java perches. My parrot magazine still wasn't in, she said it would be in today, but I don't and can't do town every day, I told her I'd pick it up on Monday.
Sanjay loves the big sunflower head, and picks the seeds out, he doesn't gorge on them, tho'.
The communal hall outside flat 1 stinks of beer and cheap fags, like an old pub, but at least it isn't cannabis which smells much worse!, the Croatian guys have broken another pneumatic light switch by jamming it in too hard, but this time They can report it themselves, I'm tired of playing nanny.
Sanjay gave his new jingly cat balls a good bashing and beaking to!, I don't know what they'd done to annoy him, :-!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:06 am

Billies managed to undo the screw holding her new toy on the cage and now it has gone missing l looked on the floor before l vacummed and carefully sifted through her tray before binning the contents l can only assume she has swallowed it. She only asked once to go to bed at 3 pm and l rather surpised her when l suggested bed at 4,15 pm and she could not get on her sleeping perch quick enough!

She sat on my shoulder for about ten minutes this afternoon quite unlike her, l can only think her hormones are picking up, l have reduced sweet veg and fruit and cut down on her little bits of water biscuits, l shall not give her any card board to chew this year and in fact l shall be very reluctant to put her nesting box in this year, however she does not want me to scratch her neck.

Yesterday l broke my mixer tap in the kitchen and for the last two days have been using water from the bath YUK! but today a new tap was fitted and everything is hunky dory again. :ymparty:

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:56 pm

I don't have mixer taps, but I have lever taps, for when my hands hurt. The giant sunflower head is almost depleted of seeds, and he has bored a hole in the centre!, his toy is lasting much longer because of the sunflower. I got my crown imperial bulbs planted this morning, I just hope they're deep enough or they won't flower. The guys in flat 1 talked the HA out of collecting their old furniture and reckon they're paying the council ,£15 next week to pick it up, hmm, we shall see.
I doubt if Billie has swallowed the clip!, I certainly hope not, sometimes I drop a wingnut or washer when I clean the palace and spend ages searching, only for it to be right under my nose! x_x

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:51 am

Could be, but when l vacumnned and had a good look, l tried to get another nut off a clip but she must have a nack because l could not get it off, l have been re reading all the hormone stuff and allowed her to go to bed as soon as she asked at 3.30pm, she could not believe her luck and was on her sleeping perch before l could get the first cover on. I then sat in the dark watching tv with head phones and crept out at 5.20!

Evidentually l need to increase the amount of darkness she has, and cut out fat sugar carbs, corn will be on the hit list, no more grapes although she can have pear. I hang up a half and she likes to milk it for its juice! She wants to sit on my shoulder and while l was playing the organ she came down my arm and stomped all over the keys she has not doen that since last year, but the lights attracted her most and l had to put her back on the cage. The next stage will be looking for a suitable nest site and although she looks at the floor she has not flown down there yet, and after that it will be paper shredding. She started to lay eggs on Oct 6 last year.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:08 am

Be prepared, dib dib dib, seems a funny time of year for hanky panky, does Billie think it's spring?, Sanjay is still dropping the very occasional feather, I haven't a clue what his plans are. Mind you, we lead a very laid back sort of life, just do our own thing mostly. The sunflower head was completely depleted of seeds today, he didn't scoff them all, there were quite a few at the bottom of the cage, he's got his toy to shred, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:13 am

I was a cub and enjoyed that we used to sing "John Brown's bicycle has a puncture." x3 "Glory Hallujah x2 "and he mended it with a bit of chewing gum!" But l did not like the scouts so quit, Billie started to lay in Oct last year and laid 5 but started again in March and laid 9 eggs that is when she had the prolapse.

She asked to be covered at 3.50 pm and went in straight away, l have stopped the mushy cooked food in the mornings.
And cut out grapes, but she still corn until Saturday when that too will be cut out. I saved the chicken bits from the soup but she only ate a couple and pushed the spoon away so muggins ate them. Her diet controls if she will lay again but also the photoperiod the daylight hours so l have turned off the standard up lifter in the corner she only has her over head uv lamp and the centre light. I shall know if this was all a waste of time if she lays another egg in October. Her tail is still growing. I wopuld send a pic but my stupid comuter thinks l know all about One Drive and wont let me attach a photo from the desk top, but it knows l hate computers! [-x

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:23 am

Crafty things, computers, probably the Japanese influence.
With me "Girls Brigade" was mandatory, coming from a Protestant (puritan) background, much later I joined the Red Cross, spent six years with them and ended up a tutor, I continued in the army. We had some really decent rain last night and this afternoon, the garden needed it.
Sanjay has been ignoring the new toy, but he will probably get around to it when he has more time. I hope you manage to bamboozle Billie into Not laying this year, it's a shame she can't be sterilized with medication like the feral pigeons and Capons. b-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:28 am

She may not lay this year l think it depends a lot in her diet and the amount of daylight hours she gets, this is why l am not too worried about her asking to be covered up early, mind you tonight she took the biscuit at 3 pm, l made her wait until 4 15 pm but as l was crunching the computer she sat under the covers grinding her beak! B-)

She is very possessive and wanted to come down on the organ and she stamped over the keys l recorded her but the lights were more attractive and l had to shoo her off but got a nip for my pains.

She had a lovely showeer this morning going right down the clothes horse and splashing water over herself, l tried to help with the splashing but that was too much howver l mananged to spray her she came out looking like a drown rat!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:05 am

Sanjays colours are always brighter after he has dried out after a misting. I got my issue of Parrot magazine, gosh, there's some very pretty parrot species, but you need to win the lotto to afford some of them, the shops are full of "Halloween" and "Christmas" stuff already, trying to panic people into buying early, but my mother in law always started buying christmas stuff in August!, I was so exhausted yesterday, I went to bed just after Sanjay did, woke up stiff with pain!, serves me right, ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:13 am

I bought Bilie some new items for her to try she ate half a small red pepper, and l put half Passion fruit in a dish does Sanjay eat the seeds? Also some Kiwi fruit they got the cold shoulder.

The Sky is absolutely beautiful tonight talk about Shepherds delight!

I cut grapes out of her food list and after this corn cob has run out there will be no more until next year. However l was reading pear is good for them and although sweet it is fruit sweet, so I hung up a half she likes them really ripe, and she peels back the skin and milks the pear it fascinating to watch her jab her tongue out to pick up the juice, she had some cauliflower today which got the tongue test.

I had to go back down to the supermarket because l forgot the Greek yoghurt and what with a walk this afternnoon she has not seen a lot of me today, and maybe she wanted extra kisses at bed time she kept holding her head up for a kiss.

A nice hot bath with epsom salts would help you unwind.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:10 pm

I don't have a bath, I have a disabled persons wet room, I cannot climb in and out of a bath. Sanjay Loves passion fruit, he drills through the shell and gobbles up the seeds, also papaya, I cut one in half and put it in his bowl on alternate days to half melon. Have you tried Billie on lemon or lime?, It's the seeds in peppers they love, Sanjay has the big pointy peppers and bell peppers, but isn't keen on the green ones, he likes Scotch Bonnet peppers too, so he drills into peppers and scoffs the seeds. There is always the empty peppers afterwards, apricots aren't too sweet, and plums, and the green apples aren't as sweet, what about Bramleys?.
It was a murky dismal day here, and much cooler. b-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:33 am

I do not know what is wrong with Billie today, when she is very angry with me she will fly with her beak open and grab my neck biting before flying off, some times l manage to duck and she flies back to the cage but today we were going about our business in the LR when a pigeon tried to land on the window cill which is 2" wide, a great flapping of wings which spooked Billie she took off and flew into the door landing at its foot l went across and put my hand down and she climbed on but as l lifted her she flew back to her cage.

Then she wanted to be covered up at 3 pm but l told her it was too early but relented 30 minites later by closing the top down, she sat on her door holding her beak up for a goodnight kiss, again and again so l told her a bed time story "Once upon a time there was a green parrot, the end!" I turned to get the blanket and she flew at me biting me on the neck, l was very cross and pushed a perch under her and put her into the cage and shut the door, and then l watched Tv ignorring her for an hour, but covered her up at 4 and watched Tv with head phones when it came to go to bed l just said "Good night" I usually say nite nite sleep tight, see you in the morning and other sweet sayings.

I think Billie is hormonal as it was 10 Oct last year she started to lay. I turn off lights early and sit in the gloom I am gradually winding down her food, but a new food she likes Scitch bonnets and red chillies. I do not like green apples and l get to eat them up, and no l have not tried lemon and limes I have them to put some into my fruit drinks. I will put apricots and plums on the shopping list. Now l know its okay to give her the seeds of Passion fruit l will give her a whole one, she was not keen on melon or Papaya. She still likes pomegranite but l only hang up a quarter at a time, l reinstated pear and she had a good time peeling the skin back and mopping up the juice. And she has ignorred the Kiwi fruit maybe its not ripe enough for her.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:30 pm

Sanjay gets peppers on a daily basis, plus they are rich in vitamin A for eyesight (as are walnuts), anything rich in seeds, but he makes an exception for ripe mango slices and apple. Also pineapple. When we visited the parrots at Henlow, their keeper told us parrots are Extremely fickle, a "kiss" can turn into a bite or nip in a second, it's just how they are, another reason I don't invest in the "bluffing" theory.
I was serenaded with a boofull toon this afternoon, very priddy coloratura, ooh, he Is so talented!, I even caught a few bars of "Colonel Bogey", :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:44 am

Good old Sanjay!

I found out what that vicious assault was all about tonight, l keep the covers behind the settee out of sight and when l drew one out was when she attacked me, l think she perceives that spot as an ideal nesting site and will defend it to the last man (me) and tonight she l flew at me with her beak open as l pulled the cover out but l was able to ward her off, so l shall put her covers in the BR until she is over these hormonal attacks.

There was a willow stick in the bottom of her cage for donks but she shredded it last night, l have put another in to see if she shreds that, also she this year she greets me albeit bleary eyed from her sleeping perch but recently she has been on a lower pperch and when the attacks are very bad she crouches on the bottom of the cage.

So l have made more drastic alteration in her diet, but she really enjoyed a red hot chilli today she pulled all the flesh off and ate the seeds. I held the passion fruit up for and she reached out with her tongue and tasted it but was not impressed.

It was nearer 4 pm tonight when she wanted to be covered up, and l quickly covered her and sat in the dark and watched Tv with head phones what we do for them! Northern Parrots sent me their catalogue and l want a replacement lamp for the UV stand it has a habit of falling over and one day will break the bulb they cost £24.99 it was strange as yesterday l decided to go to Pets at home tp buy more millet seed but as l needed some Feather up l ordered millet from Northern Parrots and get free delivery for orders over £39.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:36 pm

I got my Northern Parrots catalogue today too, I bought an extra UV bulb when I replaced the last one, three years ago, so at least we have a spare.
Oh dear, it looks as though Billies getting territorial. I spear passion fruit and hang it up, she would soon learn to drill into it. Sanjay still has a few prickly pears in the fridge, they last really well. They're not particularly sweet, very much like melon but choc full of seeds. It's odd how Sanjay, if female, doesn't behave like Billie, yet crouches and clucks like a female and has No collar. Seven years old next month, I assume his environment discourages it, :!!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:40 am

Maybe he is bi==, I read that passion fruit is very high in calories, so l have taken that off the menu. Instead of the corn cob l hung up a Kiwi fruit and Billie tucked into so that is a success, she ate the orange bonnet seeds so she will get a pepper every day now. Have you tried getting Sanjay to sit on a stool or clothes horse? Or what about those perches with a sucker on the end Sanjay could join you in the shower, or are you too modest to lets a male parrot see you naked?
I say to Billie when l change my clothes "No peeking!"

NP did not have the Acadia lamp in stock ao to keep my order value up l aggreed a delivery about N0v 1st, I ordered Feather Up, two bags of millet spray, saves having to go to Pets at Home its a 2 - 3 hour trip by bus.

I quite like the corner cage, but it will mean resiting the shelf in m y LR and it does not have seed catchers, and a sl am undecided l have not bought it.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Seed catchers aren't much good in a corner, I just use broadsheet newspaper with the edges folded up against the bars. As for millet, Maltbys store do a Huge bag of 10" millets for about six quid, Order via amazon.co.uk.
It's been a gorgeous day again, I'm having my flu Jab tomorrow, and they've forecast rain.
No, I don't have a clothes horse, I don't need one, and I gave the so called shower perch away, he wouldn't use it, as for showering with me, he wouldn't be able to find his way home from the wet room, Sanjay doesn't "do" shoulder rides.
Yes, he loves kiwi fruit peeled and skewered, a whole days rda of vitamin c. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:15 am

Billie discovered a fig today, l would not cover her at 2 pm so she attacked the half fig and spent 15 minutes gorging it,
I managed to make her last out until 3.45pm but as l watched Tv there a lot of huffing and puffing followed by tut tuttering when at last she went quiet. And l went for my walk at 4.45 but she was fast asleep when l got back. Had stew with rice today one of the new ones with pearl barley abolutely delicious!

We had a lot of rain today, did you get any of it? The corner cage did not have seed catchers but l thought if l bought a new cage it might be nice to have seed catchers, they would catvh Billie's poop as well, is the corner cage in NP brochure like Sanjay's cage? What l need are some large cuttlefish bones. Billie was on a middle perch this morning and although l put in new cuttlefsih bone she has not touched it. She watched as l folded the covers and put them on a chair in the LR, she did not touch them but she was more concerned when l cleared out the space behind the settee and hoovered it and pushing the A/c into the space, in a small flat you have to utilize small spaces. Three weeks and l will drag the winter clothes out of their cubby hole and stash the summer clothes there in instead.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:38 am

The corner cage in NP is the one he Used to have but couldn't fly around in, also, the roof is a spring one, and daddi had a devil of a job getting it on, he had to tie rope to it and lean against a wall to pull it on. This one is the biggest indoor corner cage with a screw on flat roof. I had my flu jab today, I was late, I discovered it now takes me longer to walk down to the surgery, sigh.
I always pack away my summer clobber on Oct 31st, Samhain, which means Summers end, and unpack my winter clobber, I have a big suitcase on top of my wardrobe., I also give my flat a thorough clean and hang winter curtains, I have an Ottoman in my bedroom for curtains and bedspreads, we had rain this morning but a gloriously sunny, warm, afternoon and evening. Won't cuttlebone encourage Billie to lay eggs?, :ymsigh:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:28 pm

Gosh thank you for reminding me, l put pieces of paper down on the landing to remind me and l had forgotten but okay now, my flu jab is on Wednesday at 1.30 of course l could still forget to look at it, like this morning l did not take my reading glasses dwon with me to play the organ amnd the preacher is a music teacher and wanted me to play two hymns as a duet her on the piano and me on the organ, Luckily l keep a spare pair dwon there but l had to squint like mad,

Billie scoffed half a fig in two sittings, she hung on until 4 pm before asking to be covered and so l quickly covered her and then went out for a walk, it was midge feeding tme and l was on the menu! All of a sudden it has gone quite cold. Glad you told me about the cage, this one she has was quite a beast to put up and l think it will do her for awhile longer.

I have a otterman on the landing above the stairs and the winter curtain reside in there they are red and thremal so keep the heat in and the light out, the ones up at the moment are summer lined curtain but allow light in, I also keep winter coats there in too,

My flat only gets a clean when it needs it, l had to vacumnn the stairs the other day the first time in ten years but to look at them now you would think it was ten years since l last vacummned them. Billie has a cuttle fish bone there all the time she needs calcium when she is in a moult too. The willow stick did not get the chew job and she was sitting on a perch this morning by her seed bowl. She likes the tubular pellets but she has so much choice, the blackberries did not get a look in and now are off the menu. [-x

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:39 pm

There is now a shingles jab for over seventies, people my age aren't supposed to get shingles, forsooth!.
My winter curtains are red, like mother like daughter, anyway, we pay cleaning contractors via a service charge for weekly communal cleaning, the previous ones were so poor via attendance, I used to do it, these come every Monday without fail. I have reading glasses, can't see with them but can't see without them either!. I gave Sanjay pink grapefruit today and he quite enjoyed a few nibbles. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:30 am

Well l am 77 and get shingles from time to time; but l have psorius and that is worse than shingles! A cold but sunny day Billie went to bed at 3.50 pm l do not mind as long as she does not start laying eggs. She is very interested in the Burkha fig, but ignores the kiwi fruit l even peeled it for her, She also lovess the half pear l hang up for her she peels the skin back and milks it for the juice, good vitamin C she does the rounds first seeds then apples then pear and so on
she eats like a horse l must weight her soon l expect she will weigh a ton!

Funny enough my winter curtains are red too, with a red sofa bed, but my friend Anthony did not like them and gave me some curtains from his caravan what are white with flowers, did you get the rest of the pink elephant?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:16 pm

Pink elephant?.
We had a gorgeous day, the sunshine was lovely and hot, my pansy plants arrived (from Jersey) and I planted up my window boxes, tulip and miniature narcissi first, then the pansies. Sanjay has pineapple chunks (fresh, not tinned) with raspberries and apple slices, he loves sucking the juice out of pineapple. He scoffed two hard boiled eggs too!, I warned him he'd be egg bound, but he turned a deaf ear. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:02 am

OOPS! Pink Grapefruit.
OOPS!2 Bursa black figs
Two boiled eggs!?! If you are not careful he will swell up like a BABOON and smell like on too, I treid grapefuit on Billie but she did not like it, she does not like peanuts either. That hormonal stint she had last week has gone, she is just her adorable self again so the change in diet helped. She holds her head up for good night kisses, and l cover her up as soon as she ask which today was 3,30 pm. I sat dwon to watch Tv as it was too early to go for a walk and got engrossed so squeezed a walk in after dinner.
It is weigh day tomorrow l hope and l can hold the weight at 12 st and 4 lbs although l would like to lose a little more and 37 3/4 " waistI would love to see 36"

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:34 am

I know, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride, sigh.
No, he hasn't swollen up etc, and he rarely gets hard boiled egg, it's a once in a blue moon thingy. Today is fig and prickly pear day, he has loved monkey nuts since he was a chickster, it was funny at first because he didn't realise they contained Two peanuts, he'd scoff one then discard the shell, now he is quite nifty at turning it over to get the other end open.
It's been a beautiful day again, but the nights are noticeably cooler. Santa returned today, he's been away for months, I was beginning to wonder if he'd died or abandoned his flat. Maybe now, he will hibernate! @-)

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:08 am

Billie gets a half fig every day and today after she had scoffed it she turned her attention to the 1/4 Kiwi which was very ripe, she also ate a red pepper, and bit into a chilli but discarded that maybe it was too hot, she has gone off Blackberries and orange segments apple is still okay, but rather strangely she loves the green pellets, had my flu jab today they made me wait 30 minutes, which is Billie time she was pleased to see me back and at 3.30 pm l started to cover her up with out being asked. She takes a great interest im helping pull the cover over and just before it dropped over she wanted loads of bed time kises, she holds her head upand l kiss her on her beak.

We never see tiger nuts nowadays l used to love those along with bags of Butterkist.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:53 am

Gosh! I remember tiger nuts, you're right, I haven't even seen them in the health food shops. Sanjay isn't keen on pecans, even though they taste the same as walnuts. Actually, parrots don't taste hot things like we do, so I doubt the pepper was too hot, maybe just not ripe enough.
Another gorgeous but chillikins day, I always know when Santa is home, his cooking stinks the communal area out, and I mean stinks, it Never smells appetising, I have to take the neutradol spray to it, ew!. Today it was meat being boiled in water, no onion etc, really unpleasant.
Sanjay has kiwi and apple slices, sweet corn cob, and his usual peppers, it was papaya day too. I gave him pumpkin yesterday and he quite enjoyed it. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:25 am

Bad smells are very unpleasant, the women down stairs Claire before this one used to cook salt fish which stank my flat and also her bedroom under mine smelt ghastly when she openned her windows, but Emma is quite good in that repsect, she does cook curry which is not too bad.
I put a quarter of Pomegranite on a spike and l took it down today as it has been there for a week and put it in a bowl and Billie ate most of it, so l hung a newe quarter up, she really enjoys the pear half a hung up, peeling back the skin and milking the juice. She did not like papaya or citrus fruits l reckon she has a sweet tooth.
Today l took down the summer curtains and hung up the red velour thermal ones, Billie wanted to help as fast as l put in a hook in she pulled it out but was content to play with that while l put in the other hooks, as she went to bed the sun was very low in the sky and shone in so the new cuartains are a good black out.
You are right about ripe, when the pear is not ripe enought she leaves it alone, and it is the same with peppers

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:04 am

You can buy 6 to 10 inch cuttlebones, at approx £8.00 for a pack of five from Amazon.Co.uk.
Papaya is quite sweet, but not too sweet, but it's the little black peppery seeds they go for.
I'm waiting until the end of the month to change the curtains and bedspread, the sun is really splendiferous still. The guys in flat 1 are getting a bit naughty, coming home in the wee hours and making a racket, if it continues I will be forced to complain, I've already spoken directly, so they can't say I have gone behind their backs.
^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:21 pm

For the last few years we have had a cold snap followed by another Indian summer so l am waiting like you for the end of the month before l dragiyt the winter clobber, but already Billie is enjoying the black out she wanted to be covered at 2 pm! But l kept telling her it was too early but relented at 3.30 pm and l went for a walk soon after. She ripped the cuttlefish bone out of it crook and it lay on the bottom of the cage uneaten, she is still sleeping on her top perch. after Oct 14 the next hurdle to cross witll be late December when she first started ro lay three years ago, and then January when she laid last year, it it is looking good, no paper shredding, no looking for a nest site, no on the floor although she keeps looking.

Thanks for info, but l have several left and small ones might do, as l lodged a small one into the frame and she so far has ignorred it. i-) I slept 15 hours last night and already l am feeling tired, might go to bed early again tonight.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:42 pm

I can never manage more than eight hours, as I wake up in pain, and stiff joints, once I start moving around and take my painkillers I'm fine. These dark chilly nights make you want to hibernate tho'.
Sanjay decided to have a sing song when my daughter phoned today, huge amusement as he has a repertoire which sounds like someone firing a gun, he's been listening to westerns!, good news about Billie, maybe the thought of a visit to the vet and a suture has put her off. I remember a huge Newfoundland in the waiting room, he lay on ths floor refusing to move, and it took five grown men to shift him into the consulting room, It's like I told them, with an animal that size it's mind over matter, They don't mind and we don't matter! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:28 am

I wish my sleep was contiuous but l wake up every two hours or so depending onhow much l have drunk the last time a sip and it is two hours a swallow more like one hour but l go straight back to sleep so l count it as one. :-bd

The trouble is that Billie does not like me watching Tv when she is covered she tuts and calls out from under the covers.
Today l managed to get her to wait until 3.30 pm but l get a furious shaking of the babble ball and bell, a strident call and a lot of huffing about. She is very jealous of the telephone and will make an awful lot of noise as l try to speak to someone, but when l offer the the phone to say hallo she is struck dumb.

I suppose getting up to check the plumbing every hour or so stops the joints from freezing up. Its not very cold here, l have the window open and just a gentle cool breeze is coming in, my freind in Florida told me that Matthew did not hit her too hard. \m/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:57 am

Someone should sort Matthew out! Fancy hitting a woman! ^#(^
I wonder if your prostate is being a bit naughty?, daddi drank a lot of tea, and had to visit the loo a few times at night. Santa is still stinking the communal area out with his idea of haute cuisine, I'm sure it was tripe this evening, ew!.
Sanjay Hates the nylon "feather" duster, he mobs it!, really ferociously, they're pretty intimidating birds aren't they?, no wonder they do so well when they live outside, his menacing would make a crow blanch! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:37 am

Crows are nice people :ymhug: and you are right not many birds would withstand our parrot's beaks, there us nothing wrong with my prostrate, l just drink too much at bedtime and during the night. l suppose l get up 4 or 5 times during the night. Cooked a nice Shepherds pie tonight very filling. Colder tonight l will put on the electric blanket, l wonder why it is called an electric blanket it could hardly be a gas one! =))
What do you use to combat the stink? I keep Emma's stink out by keeping the windows tightly shut. How are your poles?
The good job about living on the groundfloor you dont get stunk out by the flat below you,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:40 am

Gosh l have been a member for three years! Seems like only yesterday. Still it has been good to keep the flag waving **==

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:21 pm

I use neutradol spray in the communal area. The Croatians have jammed another light switch because the new ones weren't staying on long enough for them, tough, I will get it replaced, I don't see why I should be kept awake all night by light shining into my bedroom. It was my birthday today, just another day tho', I really should stop counting!. Daddi liked his electric blanket, I don't use one, I tend to get a bit too warm, but I've been switching the heating on at night and turning it down at bedtime, another beautiful day, and red sunset, and with shopping tomorrow I am very hopeful it will be a lovely day again, the residents association are having their plant sale soon, ha! I've done all my autumn/winter planting, so I won't be lining their coffers!.
Sanjay has been very vocal today, priddy toons and chortles, he doesn't huff puff and tut like Billie, oh, he's still sort of moulting, he has a tiny patch of cuticles on his head which need combing!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:04 am

Happy Birthday! :ymhug:
I have made a note in my diary all l have to do is remember to look! I like a cold bedroom, when l first moved here the downstairs neighbour was Winston and he virtually lived in his bedroom and kept the gas wall heater on all hte time it was too hot for me so l bought a sofa bed and moved into the LR, but of course now with Billie keep me awake when she starts banging around in the morning, so l no longer sleep in the LR but l have kept the sofa bed for guests who want to stay the night.
Here l am in the BR with a summer duvet over my kneees warm as toast. I had a baked potato and a beef burger tonight but l made the gravy too runny, l hate runny gravy. Are your winter curtains blackout? I have a blackout blind in the bedroom, but unfortuanately it traps the heat in. The curtians are lined but do not keep the light out.
I use Billie's mirror to comb my hairs and l offer to comb her feathers but all she is interested in is biting the comb! We had a visitor today one of the housing officers came to look at our recycling bins which certain people do not sort their rubbish so the council refuse to empty the bins, when he turned to leave Billie tried to fly on his shoulder either she was confused or arttacking him but he was so startled he raised his arm and that scared Billie off.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:44 pm

Some people are scared of birds flying near them. I have blackout curtains and blinds. I keep my bedroom window open all year round, but if it turns Arctic I close it.
Passion fruit today, and Sanjay is a very happy little person, they had a very interesting edible toy in Wilko, consisting of vegetable and alfalfa, it hangs up and has a bell at the bottom, Sanjay thinks it is great! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:02 am

You will need to close your bedroom window this weekend as the weather men are predicitng snow on high ground and xold weather, but a warm spell will follow. l was so cold this morning on the way to the shops l bought a woolly scarf and hat, mine are all packed away with the wintrr clothes.

Contractors came today and emptied some of the recycling bins, l thought they would come back to finish the job but they never did. Now we shall have to wait and see whether the recent warning takes effect, but l cannot see the housing dept taking acrtion against the culprits who mix their rubbish.

I was taking my walk after Billie went to bed but found that time was too limited so l have changed the time to mid afternoon but as soon as l got back she wanted her bicky and bed but l made her last out for bed untik 3.30 pm. Our Wilko is not very enterprising with parrot toys. Passion fruit has very high calories.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:18 pm

Calories are not a problem with the amount of flying Sanjay does every day!, and fortunately I live in East Anglia which is the flattest area in the UK, no high ground here.
If we get snow it isn't until January/February. These beautiful days are a real treat, I predicted an Indian Summer, the sun is lovely and warm here. Sanjay has slices of williams pear, he loves it, but isn't keen on Asian pears. And has a satsuma, he has eaten a big hole in it!, Daddi had a beautiful red "dents" scarf, lambswool, he cherished it for years. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:16 am

I thought you lived in Bedfordshire? Or is that East Anglia? :-?

I used to wear a lot of cravats but my psoris put paid to that, l like to wear a beanie keeps my bonce warm, needed the hat and scarf today it was decicedly chilly outside.

I tried to get Billie to try a strawberry but she refused to take a nibble even though l kept saying Mmmm! After she asked to go to bed l covered her cage partially but she refused to allow me to close the door so in the end l used a perch to put her inside while l closed the door.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:44 am

Bedford Is in East Anglia., and East Anglia was part of the Netherlands before the UK broke away from the continent.
Sanjay used his millet holder as a swing today!, I can remember a time when he avoided anything which moved like the plague!, now he loves hanging off things, even upside down!. I reported the light switches today, I'd had enough, the communal area cleaners jam it really hard, I have to nip up and prise it free with a screwdriver.
Yes, the days are fresher, but touch wood I haven't needed a coat just yet. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:13 am

Cor! Strike me pink! I never knew that. Cold today I nearly chickened out and got the winter clothe but the long range forcast is looking warmer for a few days so will wait. Billie hates things that move, she has a swing suspended form the ceiling l have put her up there but she looked petrified, but she never tries to fly up there,

There is nothing worse than have those switches go off when you are half way between them, they are adjustable and could stay on longer. Did you buy Parrots thios month?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:30 pm

I don't get my issue until around the 21st of the month. There is just one flight of stairs and plenty of time to go up or down, but the cleaners jam the switches for vacuuming, rather than just switch them on again. The wind feels a bit fresh, but I rarely leave the house, I've got a fleece lined WRAC Veteran.hoodie, it has the regimental motto on the sleeves, suavitor in modo, fortiver in re, (gentle in manner, resolute in deed), the lioness badge on the front with "proud to have served", anyway, it's ideal for this sort of weather, I've found that when I wear it, gentlemen give up their seats for me on buses, and shop assistants fall over themselves to help!, it's quite humbling.
Sanjay isn't humble, and is impossible to offend or insult!, he's just plain cheeky!, that's another reason I love him so much, :-c

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:04 am

Billie dived bombed a housing officer who came to vist last week, and so this week l was not going to take any chances when the gas fitter came for the annual check up, he likes the gas fire in the LR turned off early and so l heated the LR with a halogen heater it did a good job, I shall have to play the organ for rembrance Sunday another man who is 6 months younger than me did his NS in the same unit RACS as a driver and was posted to Germany, he was green with jealousy when he learnt l had 112 days leave the first year and 132 days the second year, I was a clerk at Sandhurst,

But he gets up my nose as he wears his uncles medals, and a blue sky berry, still the congregation like it, I am waiting for a big delivery form Northern Parrots with two bags of millet sprays, the hold up is the Acadia replacement lamp, but it is touch and go if we run out before the delivery date beginning of November I bought 3 from Wilko to eke out our supplies Billie only gets two a week.

Glad your Hooodie earns some repsect, so many people now a days dont show any but it is NICE when l get offered a seat on a bus!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:05 pm

As long as he wears his uncles medals on the correct side! A few years ago a guy was caught Pretending to be a veteran, someone spotted he wore medals he couldn't possibly have earned, in some weird order, and outed him as an imposter, then there was the time an old guy tried telling me he'd served in Vietnam! And he was English, I asked him if he was a mercenary, and he said no, he was with an infantry regiment out there, why do people lie?.
We didn't have Any servicemen or women in Vietnam!. I keep meaning to get a small halogen heater, in case my boiler packs up, it's usually in the colder months. By the way, Wilko do a much bigger range of toys etc on their website, a lot cheaper than NP. b-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:58 am

Lie? People boast and stretch the truth a little, every one wants to feel important and boasting gives them that opportunity. Billlie is not intio toys l keep changing hers around she looks them over and then ignores them. She has gone off peppers, still loves the Bursa fig half l give her every day but she makes it quite plain when she does not wnat something in her bowl she carries it to the top of the cage and throws it as far as she can!

Ant when he was alive dragged me around to all the cemetries where his relatives were buried so her could replace the flowers. And after his death l regularly went to the Cemetary where his ashes were scattered on the their parents grave. But after his sisters death l gave up going. It used to take 5 hours to get there on three buses. But l have never liked funerals and did not go to his in fact l do not intend going to mine.

Hardware shops sell those small heaters they cost about £20, l thought you had a fan heater/cooler? If not for yourself then for Sanjay. I went for a walk around thepark this afternoon it was lovely and sunny l had left the gas fire pn low but what with the sun the temp had risen to 84 F, Billie loved it. She wanted to go to bed at 2.20 but l thought that was taking the biscuit and made her wait until 3 pm.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:11 am

These tiny fan heaters gobble up the electricity, a halogen might be better and more economic to run.
Sorry, I disagree, people Do lie, and it can cause a lot of misery for others, furthermore, the liars often get paid in compensation for being believed, it's a bete noir of mine.
Lovely sunny day here, but it is raining now, supermoon tonight, but we won't be able to see it for cloud if this weather keeps up, (it's the "Hunters moon").
Sanjay has his moments, he can ignore a toy one minute, then make it his bezzie mate the next, but as far as he is concerned, you can't beat a good bell, he loves bells!, b-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:59 pm

If you meet someone you know or find out are liars thens you know not to trust them in future, l talk to many Alchoholics and one thing they have in common is there is no tomorrow with them. I do not lend money but often they will say "Lend me £5 l will give it back tomorrow." And they forget no l say to them it is against my religeon to lend but l will give you what ever they ask for, but oh no they do not like that, it smacks of charity.

I try to go out for a walk around the park every day but it nice to see the trees gradually change colour, the horse cheshnuts are alreadys hedding their leave and the beech are becoming rather red in the face, but the oaks are holding on to the colour.

Billie bangs her babble ball and bell when she is cross or l wont do what she wants, she ate the pepper today but threw out the orange segments. First thing in the morning she loves having a play at grabbing the covers as l fold them this gets her juices running and she poops nicely.

400 watts on a halogen is quite warm some have three bars each 400 watts and they churn out a lot more heat than a 1 kilo watt bar fire, our gas fire is best it churns out masses of heat and quicly brings up the temps to 80-84. I leave it on pilot for Billie and it takes the chill off the room. :ymapplause:

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:29 pm

In one married quarter we had storage heaters, terrible things, the heat ran out after just a couple of hours, And they were expensive to run, abroad was best, we had central heating. No, I won't lend money or give to a beggar, including chuggers, I buy my poppy stuff from the RBL shop. Chestnuts should be on sale soon, Sanjay will be very pleased!.
The moon did show her face last night, very beautiful. We had heavy rain again this morning, but not for long and it's set to be sunny again tomorrow, and 60° F. Shopping tomorrow, so I'm pleased about the forecast. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:43 am

Parrots is in, some interesting articles one on on Sprouting, with a neat little boiler The Sprouter, l remember Tesco did some sprouting seeds and Billie liked them, she also like mustard cress seeds and all, The Sprouter costs £79 with free delivery from Garden Feathers bird supplies I shalkl buy one tomorrow morning alomng with some Grape seed extract which is used to stop fungus. Other articles include theives who target house whre they can hear the parrot, another article on fresh food is best and hiding walnuts in twists of paper, also an article against wing clipping with horrendous photos other wise not much for us. \m/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:48 am

The grapeseed extract in fresh grape seeds prevents feather plucking too. Sanjay isn't keen on sprouted seeds, I bought the Jamie Oliver ones from homebase once. A workman we once had, owned an African Grey, and thieves stole him, the guy said there was so much human blood everywhere the bird must have put up one hell of a fight!.
I like the news snippets in the magazine, there was one, ages ago, about some wild parrots that had eaten windfall fruit and were completely legless where it had fermented!, a great visual!.
A glorious day for this time of year, Sanjay had a lovely sing song this afternoon. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:11 am

Well l ordered The Sprouter from Feathered Friends and there was a bird singing in the background which l thought made a nice touch, a bit expensive nearly £100 but that is what credit cards are there for, also my order from Northen Parrots has been despatached another £60 on top of buying £100 at the supermarkets a very expensive day! I bought some water cress for her.

Billie demmolished a larger cuttle fish bone l had jammed into her upper perch and ate it! She is looking for a way down to the floor by hanging on to the edge of the door, so her hornones are still running high. I hang the top of a carrot up and she is enjoying that but mostly she does not eat vegeatables. She is very vocal, and also very possessive l only have to walk ot the door and she is flying to my shoulder.

She hung on until 4 pm before asking to be covered and then would not go in, and when l ignorred her she rang her bell furiously. Room Service? =)) It has turned quite a lot colder l shall be glad to get my winter coats out of storage.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:38 am

60° F here during the day. The sparky came to un jam that light switch and we had an argument, He insisted the outside security light had a motion sensor, and it definitely does Not!, if a hall light is switched on it comes on, but that's all, I pointed out He does Not live here, I Do, anyway, he found out by trial and error, but didn't apologise.
The only veg Sanjay eats are peppers, sweetcorn, cavolo nero and brassicas, he won't eat carrots etc.
Scarletts parrot supplies have Macaws, their "staff", they try out all the products, and Scarlett and her hubby are very friendly, next day delivery too. We have Never stinted on money when it comes to pets, if it's affordable they have it, so I cannot judge you for spending lots of quids on Billie. \:D/

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:11 am

Good. :D The Sprouter came today it is a bit big! About 15" high and a foot wide, black and the instrucution sheet said do not use washing up liquid to clean it so l have ordered F10 or was it F7 for delivery tomorrow have placed some seeds in a glass tumbler to sprout over night, they say sprouts should take up 50% to 80% of her diet, l shall have to take her seed bowl out at lunch time to get her used to eating them, she is very inquistive when the box she wanted to help unpack it.

Billie nibbled the water cress plant so l am still hope full she will like the sprouts, as you say why not spend the money on her, l do not have children or grandchildren to worry about,

Yesterday l had an attack of cysitus l get these every two years or so, great pain in passing water and frequent trips to the loo, but no blood this time, drank a whole carton of cranberry juice yesterday but that came to 450 calories bang goes my diet! Cut back today. Better today.

I have a wall heater in the bedroom l put it on to take the chill off the room but forgot and now it is 72F in here hope it cools down for sleeping.

DO NOT UPSET THE WORKMEN! They night not come back, I was asked otday if the file on Emma could be closed I said yes, But reported my neighbour next door for noise he is a young man, the previous housing officer Lyette spoke to him and l have spoken twice to him so hpe fully he will get the message.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:44 pm

The workman upset me!. After all that I hope Billie likes sprouted seeds, because, regardless of what the experts say, Sanjay won't touch them. Cystitis is nasty, one of our puppies had it, the vet gave her an injection and antibiotic tablets, as soon as the tablets were finished, it came back, so I gave her Homeopathic Cantharis 30c strength, it cleared up immediately and never came back, I went to the market today, my Asian stall had guavas, prickly pear and bitter gourds, so that really was worthwhile. That's himself stocked up!, I bought a rugby ball papaya too, it works out cheaper than the small pear shaped ones from tesco, b-(

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:53 pm

His nibs will be pleased. I had two deliveries from Northern Parrots today, the F10 xxconcentrate disinfectant came plus the spare Arcadia bulb, 2 bags of millets, two bags of pellets cant remember the name but she likes thin green pellets best although she crunches all the pellets, some so called large cuttlefish bones which l would have said were only medium some new Feather up and a paket of Shaws egg biscuits it was like Christmas here and Bilie wanted to help unwrap all the items.

I was thinking that if Billie does not like the sprouts then l shall eat them on my cereal, or as an alternative veg! But she is going to have the bowl shoved under her beak until kingdom come. She refused a shower today so l did not press her, she still has her dog bowl of water on the book case.

Everytime l try and leave the LR she flies to my shoulder and even when l duck she still manages to land on my back, but she has not eaten any of the large cuttlefish bone l wedged into her perch, and the carrot gets a look in every so often but as it is so good for her leave it hanging in the prime spot. She still loves the Bursa fig l only give her a half each day,

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:12 pm

Sanjay loves "red cross parcels" too!. Goodness! Are you fattening Billie up for Christmas? :-bd
My daughter is Furious, she needed help with a few issues surrounding her housing etc, and contacted Adult social services, the woman she spoke to promised to help, and then reported my daughter to Childrens services because she has two children!, they are NOT at risk or anything!, so I contacted the woman and put her straight on a few things, these suits really get my goat sometimes.
Sanjay won't eat pellets, and has got egg biscuit he isn't keen on, I daresay it's because he wasn't given them in his infancy, when I got him, all he had in his bowl was wilko parakeet seed, :ymtongue:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:39 am

Alan who had Billie before me only gave her Sun flower seeds, no fruit or veg and no other seeds, but lm glad she has such a varied diet and no l am not fattening her up for Christmas, she only has two millets sprays a week.

AGH! I offered her a spoonful of sprouts and she looked at them and pushed the spoon away, so l offered one between my finger tips, she took it gingerly and just like the lady she is spat it out"! There are more ways to get parrots to eat what is good for them so l will put a load in her seed bowl tomorrow hope fully she will eat some. The vet recommneded that l take her seed bowl out at lunch time and put pellets for the after noon but as she is eating the pellets l do not have to do that, so l will try that idea with the sprouts. Just as MissK recommended that we eat the stuff we ask our parrots to eat l tried one of the sprouts and it has a nice nutty flavour.

The good news is that Billie has ignorred the cuttle fish bone, and although she attacked me when l took the covers from behind the settee l think she saw this place as a potential nesting site, so now l fold them up and leave them on a chair.

Councils are so stupid! When our HA put up the service charge by 50% to £152 a week l asked the Housing office did they want me to challenge this? Instead they decided that l was a new customer and charged me the housing tax £879 pa. I had a terrible time trying to tell them l already got housing benefit, at one stage they sent me a solicitors letter saying l had to go to court for non payment which l just ignorred which made matters worse they threatened to sent the baliff in to seize my property! In the end they agreed that they had set up a new account but apology? Not on your Nellie, What got me goats was they wanted three weeks to investigate my complaint, but still; hounded me for non payment of counciil tax!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:55 am

I get pension credit because of my disability, so my rent and council tax are paid by dwp, including the service charge which is a lot cheaper than yours.
I love bean sprouts, but his nibs doesn't. Sanjay only eats seed now and again, he much prefers his fresh fruit and veg. His millet sprays last a few days, but he is such an active, bizzy little person I don't have to worry about his weight, the breastbone is a good gauge, and his is lean.
My daughter is with Luton borough council and they have caused her more headaches than Bedford borough council ever did, when I phoned Bedford borough council to get help for the old boy next door with severe mental health problems, they were on to it straight away, they completely blitzed his filthy flat, and now he gets three care workers a day, including one who does his laundry and shopping for him, And takes him to stay with his old sister for a break at Easter and Christmas. So, naturally my daughter expected Luton borough council to be efficient, No chance!. x_x

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:35 am

Success!!! Put the seeds in first and then the pellets and topped that off with the sprouts, she scoffed all the sprouts and dug down to the seeds. So l feel happier about the sprouts now, will start the next batch tonight they take two to three days of watering...

What with the cut backs Birmingham CC dont want to know, they, the police and our HA just pass the buck, l now have a noisy tenant next door a young man in his twenties a drug addict at least he would have a short hold tenancy. My discount of £140 off the electric bill has come.

Billie will eat a millet spray in a day, but gets a bit sick of them half way through and drops it so l pick it up and give it to her later, the parrot stick lasts longer, She got very wet in the shower looked like a drowned green rat!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:05 am

Ooh! Maybe I will get my warm home discount soon, as well. It's a great help. Did I tell you? My daughter switched to a company called Utilita and they aren't doing anymore this year! Said applications are closed, yet it's the DWP who pay it, not the actual company, and applications aren't supposed to close until the end of February.
Glad Billie ate the sprouts, himself would have thrown them overboard, it's getting quite cold in the evenings now, I've got a feeling we will get a white winter this year, brrrr! :^o

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:46 am

Yes l was very cold when l; went down to the church this morning l had to warm my hands on the radiator as l was playing the organ for the service. Tommorrow l shall drag out the winter woollies, it is cold tonight, they are forcasting monday of next week it could be 37 f at night! BRRRRRR!!! For the last couple of night l have had the Electric blanket on it s lowest setting, it switches itself off after an hour, but can be switched on for 9 hours, a great blessing,

This morning l tried the same formula seeds then pellet and then sprouts but Billie boxed clever by digging down to the seeds straight away. I am getting the next batch ready because she still likes the sprouts.

Emma knocked on my door tonight, she wanted to know whether l had a spare Tv ariel? No l told her l have cable l do not use free view. Billie has so much to choose what to eat so l was glad she picked on the Pomegranite for a snack she seems to be off peppers, the last batch l bought are mostly green she hates them so l cut one open to show her the seeds
and some spilled out so l picked them up and treid them, it nearly blew my head off! She does not touch the grapes or oranges.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:14 pm

Sanjay doesn't always touch green peppers, if I leave them on the windowsill they sometimes ripen to orange or yellow. Emma can buy an indoor ariel for her TV from Argos, only a few quids, they ask the strangest things don't they?, I've had requests for bottle openers, wine glasses, electric fires etc etc, it doesn't happen now the junkie brigade have gone. Goodness, the clocks fall back next weekend, the summer disappeared really quickly, but my morning glories are still flowering. Sanjays moult seems to be getting on with it at last!, it's been in two minds for ages!, he thoroughly enjoyed his glycerin and rosewater spray this afternoon, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:53 am

BUY? People like Emma dont buy things, l had a saw which l leant to a neighbour but never "saw" it again, l don't lend things if l cannot afford to give it away I say "Sorry" and get called names! Well the deed is done all my winter clothes were dragged out of their hidey hole in the cupboard above the stairs, and all my sumner clothes packed away until April of next year.

Billie was picking out the sprouts and dropping them on the floor but after she uncovered the seeds she tucked in. I normally give her two tablespoonfuls of seeds and a sprinkle of pellets but l have reduced her seeds to one table spoonful and a half of a TBs of pellets and half of sprouts. The next batch l am leaving in for three days to see what she makes of them.

She still likes hot chilli's l keep away after she has eaten them as she stinks. At the moment she is asking top be covered at 3,30 pm but as from Sunday that will be 2-30 pm!! I do not mind as long as it stops her layng. In the mornings I pull a curtain to let the light in and then uncover her, she sits on her sleeping perch shell shocked for about 10 minutes then l gradually pull the curtains right back and switch on her UV light, l have discovered she likes to go to bed as slowly as soon as she asks to be covered l turn off her UV lights and partially cover her cage and then after 5 minutes she goes in and l cover her up completely,

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:49 pm

Good old lidl had good old chestnuts, and Sanjay has demolished half a dozen!.
Got my parrot mag, read the article on wing clipping and I feel thoroughly vindicated in my anti clipping policy, it's barbaric, but then I'm the same when it comes to tail docking and ear cropping in dogs. I haven't unpacked my winter clobber yet, but I'd had the good sense to leave my cashmere camel coat out, and boy did I need it this morning, it was decidedly frisky!.
I haven't had my warm home discount yet, maybe next week, :!!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:15 am

The warm home discount is paid to your supplier about January and he takes it off your bill. My local Asian supermarket might have chestnuts in l will pop out on Friday to have a look. Ah! I have go down and pick up a repeat prescription tomorrow, and if l time it right l might get a local bus that will take me to the Asian Supermarket, but it is too far to go to Lidl. Billie ate a lot os sprouts, but she wanted to eat everything in sight some pomegranite, some fig, and a tour round the bowls. :ymapplause: She got a round of applause for pooping from the top of the cage, and wheniot was shower time she went down the clothes horse and sat in the bath water up to her knees, do parrots have knees? Anyway she was cey wet when she came out.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:18 pm

My warm home discount is paid directly to me, I have pre payment, and when I top up my meter key, it goes on to the key.
It's a pity it isn't paid towards gas, it would make more sense, but "every little helps".
Sanjay has plenty of prickly pear, as I bought two large punnets last week, they last for ages in the fridge, so the chestnuts should last out,
Jack and Isabel are on half term holiday at the moment and driving their mum potty!, pets are much better than children, :-!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:55 am

Billie waited until nearly 4 pm before asking to be covered and as soon as l sarted to cover her she went straight in and upto her sleeping perch, l sat down to watch the Tv with headphones and about an hour later remembered l was supposed to pick up a repeat script, so dashed down to the chemists only to find it closed at 4,45pm! So when l got back she was calling out so a few words to let know everything was all right and l left her, earlier l had turned off her UV light at 3,3pm, The sprouts were very curly and she had not found a way ot eat them yet, they were allpushed up to the edge of her seed bowl, but one good thing she has been eating lots of different things the pear got a bashing and the pomegranite, peppers there is so much choice,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:07 am

Pre payment meters are more expensive than metered but it makes sense to pay it direst to you. I have a dual fuel with Southern Electric and pay £53 a month for both. Blllie likes the temp at 75 f plus, but the LR is the only room l heat, oops l have a wall heater in the bathrooom.

I have not tried her with prickly pear, how prickly are they? Also l forgot to get cheshnuts, might remember after l pick up the script tomorrow. Glad l do not have kids, on the news a man has just been jailed for killing his baby daughter when she would not stop crying. Its about time they taught kids at school about parentating.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:36 am

My daughters neighbour has a son in Norwich prison for killing his baby daughter, they need anger management courses rather than parenting skills. Prickly pear are very prickly BUT the ones I buy have been "shaved" and aren't too bad, you can always pop a rubber glove on just to be on the safe side.
The news story which I loved this week was about a 23 week foetus which was found to have a tumour as big as herself on her tailbone, during a scan, the surgeons performed a Caesarian, removed the tumour, then popped her back into mums tummy, she is now a thriving, healthy little girl!.
Glad Billie is enjoying her nosh, and sshh...no signs of hanky panky :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:13 am

They need something, it is distressing to hear of another baby killed by a father because of crying. Its a bit like people who keep dangerous dogs and then have babies, the dogs are jealous of the attention a new born gets, then attack th baby and have to be put down. Pity the owner is not put down as well.

Went to the PAK stores today to see if they had any cheshnuts, no. I got loads from them last year. Also picked up my script. Luckilyl have not seen any prickly pears but l do not know if Billie would eat one. I put up some Kiwi fruit and she ate most of that. She dived into the sprouts and made a good go of them l was very pleased.

There are some lovely miracles out there, :ymapplause: I do not understand that bit about hanky panky.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:54 pm

Dogs do not get "jealous", that's a common misconception, the high pitched sounds of an infant or child screaming triggers primeval instincts in a dog, especially Bull breeds, it reminds them of prey, and their instinct takes over, not just with children, but small animals/dogs, one of my Samoyed girls was flayed by a Staffordshire Bull terrier, he hurtled at her and she shrieked in fright, locked his jaws, and only a lit cigarette on his tackle made him let go, Daisy had extensive suturing, but survived.
People should Never leave a dog alone in a room with children, we never left my daughter, no matter how loving and loyal the dog is.
Hanky Panky is the saucy behaviour Billie gets up to when she is feeling broody.
I am painting my tiny north facing wet room, a gorgeous shade of rose pink, it looks lovely and cosy already. Daddi used Dulux "light and space", but it was a waste of money, the room still looked dingy!. ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:25 pm

You are very brave painting, l would not dare, my carpets are looking very thread bare and in some places there are holes in the carpet but l am crossing my fingers that l go before the carpet goes. I have wallpaper in all the rooms except the kitchen it used to have wall paper but on the revamp they took it down and emulsioned the walls. Emma was able to re-decorate her place because her walls have emulsion.

Billie was throwing the sprouts out this morning until l told her that she had to eat them, I did not replace the parrot stick with its sunflower seeds because l want her to eat the sprouts, she does eat most of them. Would a pot plant survive in your wet room?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:45 pm

I have three pot plants on the wet room sill, a cacti, a sansevieria (mother in laws tongue) and an aloe, but it isn't an aloe vera. Be careful you don't trip on that carpet, you could get the RBL to buy you new carpet, because you're an ex serviceman, or you could put rugs down to hide the scruffy areas.
I finished the room today with Sanjay calling every now and then to make sure I had not snuck out without his knowledge!, it only took half a 2.5 litre tin, and it didn't need a second coat, thank goodness!, Very cosy, bright, and tropical,
The weather today was lovely and mild again, but I know when we get to the first week or so in November, we will see a marked change, trees will shed their leaves rapidly, and the misty nights will arrive. Sanjay is sporting his new head feathers!, they grew in very very quickly. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:06 pm

What is RBL? Have problems on my Vista Mozilla Firefox browser, picked up an unwanted PDF file converter and tried to get back to Firefox but it crashed, so l tried to restore Firefox and have a folder with old Firefox data on the desk top and now Firefox and IE wont load, so l am writing from my Surface Pro 4 Tablet, good ot have an alternative. Have done several System Restore and a restart but still cannot get Firefox to load.

Billie eats some of the sprout l think she Is resigned to them now. So far she has not touched the new cuttlefish bone, but wants more shoulder rides she had a lovely shower this morning climbed down the clothes horse and nearly went under water l have to watch her carefully in case she tried to step off the clothes horse thinking she could reach the bottom. She came up to the top wringing wet. Her tail is nearly the proper length. :ymbilly: :ymbilly: :ymbilly: :ymbilly: :ymbilly: :ymbilly: :ymbilly:

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:28 pm

RBL, Royal British Legion, just prove you served, and funding comes from your regimental benevolent fund, you choose the carpet and supply measurements, they pay for the carpet And fitting. Your library will have details of your local branch.
You might have to take everything out, and reload it again, I had to do that once, with our old PC.
I slept 14 hrs last night, and I went to bed early, woke up in pain, as usual, so it's been a lazy day today, apart from sorting Sanjays cage etc out, he had a spray shower on Friday, so he isn't due another just yet. It's surprising how quickly feathers and tails grow back with Feather Up. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:39 am

I have a membership with Which computing and have sent them a SOS hope l might get remote assistance shall know in two or three days. Joan in Florida reckons l should have looked at ad ons and deleted the one l did not want. I did a Systems Recovery in January do not want to do another.

Royal British Legion I suppose I shall have to buy a poppy this year. Billie gets a daily shower, sometimes she goes down the clothes horse and gets very wet today she did not.

You should sleep regular hours too much sleep is bad for you, l sleep 9 hours with about 4/5 visits to the bathroom. Now the clocks have gone back Billie wants to go to bed at 2.30 pm! And she is tut tuttering under the covers as l watch TV with head phones. Dinner is Shepherd's pie but with my weight steady at 12 stone l can afford to add Grated Cheese next week. Yummie!

Sundays I go to church and play the organ today l made an awful mess of chords and was concentrating so much l bit my lip and left a blackman's pinch on my inner lip. Is that racialist?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:13 am

I can't do regular hours, because If I'm not tired I don't sleep, last night was a case in point, I got woken up in the wee hours by one of the Croatians banging around in their kitchen, right above my head, I was wide awake, so I got up for about half an hour, then went back to bed, it was just fitful dozing after that, eventually I fell asleep, but woke up about nine, not tired today tho', got my windows done, hung winter curtains and washed the voiles.
When I took the curtains next to Sanjays cage down, to wash, he got very very stroppy!, started squealing and shouting, I had to remind him whom they belong to!
Oh great, so now it's pitch dark at 5pm, sigh.
I always buy two large poppies, for my grans two brothers, when daddi was here, we would buy a wreath and put it on the memorial in Bedford Park, where one of her brothers is buried, he never made it to the front, he died of Spanish flu. There was a big field hospital set up in Bedford park, I like the PDSA's blue poppies too, for all the animals who died in war, the memorial at Hyde Park is lovely, =:) ,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:19 am

I hate the idea of glorifying the dead, let the dead bury the dead, of course at Halloween people do glorify the dead, I just hate it! The good news is l have the tablet back, that is until l load my book in Word, that crashed yesterday and every thing froze up. so it will be good to see what happens today. I did not have to take it down to Curry's. However l need a new winter jacket and thought l would see what M&S can offer, l might if there is enough time l would then pop into Curry's.
Billie bombed me several times this morning she sees the covers as hers, and when they were behind the settee she actually attacked me as l took the covers out she thinks they are nesting material. Everything is an hour earlier than yesterday but she will want to be want to be covered at 3 pm which of course was 4 pm yesterday.
Do you bang on the ceiling to let your Croats know they are making too much noise? I found with Emma she likes to sleep late getting up at midday so if she disturbed me in the night l do not worry about disturbing her in the mornings! I usually play my organ in the mornings. Billie likes, to join in especially on the Theatre organ styles, (~~) (~~) (~~)

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:06 am

Samhain greetings to you both (~~)
I usually bang on the wall, my ceiling is twelve feet high, or if they are stamping around I stamp on my floor, then I hear them kicking off their shoes.
A gorgeous hot Indian summer day here, what a treat, I got chatted up on the bus home by an RAF Veteran, hoping to see me at a church parade for the highlanders on Sunday, he can O:-) hope, and keep hoping!, I'm not attending any church service, it sticks in my throat at how most conflicts have religion at their base, and even the SS had "gott mit uns" as their motto.
Besides, I don't need or want a man in my life.
Fireworks last night, set a few dogs off!, Sanjay stopped noshing and had an "ooh I say!" moment, then went back to his food, it takes a lot to separate Sanjay and his tummy. That strange guy was in the supermarket today, bald head with long straggly hair at the bottom, flowery dress, high heels etc, I don't know whom he is trying to kid!, a woman would wear a wig or hat, And know lipstick never goes over the edges!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:20 am

I talk to men and women on the bus l do not see it as chatting them up maybe he just wanted to talk to someone, my favourite open line is "Room for a small one?" When there is a crowd at the door l say "Make way for a Gentleman." Some quack is bound to say "where l cannot see any gentleman" I reply "It takes one to know one."

I play the organ at most church services l was due to play on Remembrance Sunday but the church secretary knows l hate these services so it has been rescheduled. My tablet is working ok but the Vista computer is heading for a Systems reset.

Billie was helping me put the shopping away, as l transferred the mushrooms to a paper bag she wanted to grab the bag and then wanted to take a bite out of every mushroom! As l put the stuff away into the fridge she started to bite chunks out of the egg box, she is sitting on the door of her cage looking as if butter would not melt in her mouth.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:24 am

Nope, the guy was definitely chatting me up, I know the difference at my age.
What a change today, exactly true to form, the day after Samhain cold, windy, wet and steel grey. I was so glad I shopped yesterday. I didn't accomplish much, always jet lagged on Tuesdays, but Sanjay is never put off, he isn't sure what to make of my winter curtains, but they're still ok for climbing on!. Parrots seem to climb more than they fly, I daresay it's because of their natural habitats. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:54 am

I would be flattered if a pretty female chatted me up. It is good to have my browser back again if only for 6 months MSN are not supporting Vista after that. Just bought a scrambled egg maker in the M/w, l like scrambled eggs, but cannot be bothered to go through the making and cleaning needed.

Billie needed a lot of coxing before she would have a shower, l think we are coming to the end of showers, I forgot to get anymore figs she we shall run out by Sunday. Still no chestnuts in our neck of the woods. Billie likes to fly to my shoulder just before l go out of the room. I make her poop first she did all over the cage and got told off. She looked very upset.

Has Sanjay flown to your shoulder recently?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:19 pm

No, not for a long time. I do scrambled eggs in the microwave, but I don't use any special gadgets, just a bowl, take it out and whisk every few seconds and voila!.
We had a lovely sunny day, but much colder than Monday, Sanjay loves it because he can see a lot more through the bay window.
Why no showers for a while?, is your flat a bit too cool?, Sanjay will have his spray showers, but I always turn the heating up until he is dried and aired. Still waiting for my warm home discount, I might ask the guy in flat 1 if he's had his yet. :-t

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:50 am

I have a shower on Sundays, Wednesdays and Friday, and although Billie was reluctant to go for a shower yesterday today she could not wait to get under the water. I recycle the bath water down the loo to save money and bath was a bit full of water however unperturbed she went down the clothes horse and sat in the water over her back, l had to watch her carefully in case she stepped off the lower rung into deep water, she got very wet. I had turned up the LR fire and it was lovely and warm when we got back. But because she was so wet l l turned on the hair drier but it was obvious she did not like it so l turned it off again.

Bed time and she called tp be covered at 2 pm but with a late biscuit l managed to keep her up until 2.30 and after l covered her l watch TV with the light on but but wearing headphones and she did not bat an eyelid. She has hardly touched the fig so she will get it again for tomorrow, which should make the fig last out until shopping day. I get up at 5.30 am and can see the sunrise its the only way l get to spend time with her, but l found going for a walk after she had gone to bed to be too difficult with watch the TV so l went for a walk this morning after l played the organ.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:28 pm

I looked at halogen heater info on line, and it said they are only good for sitting next to and don't heat a room, which I found rather strange.
Anyway, I unpacked my winter clobber today, found a few summer items for the charity shop.
I love a nice hot shower at this time of year, when the disabled shower was originally installed, I couldn't get a decent hot shower, it was set to just warm water, but then it packed up after a few months, and the guy who installed a new one had left it well alone, since then I can have the water as hot as I like. Elf n' safety can be a proverbial pain!.
Another sunny day but chilly, hence the decision to pack my summer pretties away, Although I have lighter clothes for wearing around the flat, coo!, just think, if Billie did decide to go a bit lower on the clothes horse, she might develop webbed feet! :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:20 am

That is what l said to her, "Quack Quack!" She had another shower today bur did not go down the clothes horse so was not very wet. She insisted on riding on my shoulder as l prepared the next batch of sprouts she eats most of them, and l have to admit they are very tasty! She eats most things in her cage but recently she has started to crack open Almonds but still has a struggle with Brazil nuts, l give her a helping hand by cracking one end.

Played the organ and then went for my daily walk this morning and there was a cold wind blowing, So came back and had lunch cheese and biscuits, fruit salad with fat free yogurt and a coffee, I drink a lot of herbal tea and fruit juices. :D

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:11 pm

I drink herb tea and juices too, not keen on fruit teas tho'.
I give Sanjay shelled nuts because he might damage his beak otherwise, especially on Brazil nuts, he quite likes almonds but not as much as walnuts, I tried pistachios, as their shells are half open, but he didn't like the faffing around and time it took to get the nut out.
My favourite meal is a Caesar salad, but when it's cold I like a bowl of tomato and basil soup and sandwich, I have yogurt every day, never tire of them. Oh goodness!, I spent ages this morning trying to get sense out of an east European shop assistant whom barely spoke a word of English, she kept getting things wrong, why on earth can't employers employ people who Can speak our language fluently?, ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:45 am

Ask me another do. I would have thought trying to open a Brazil would strengthen Billie's beak, she cannot manage walnuts but almonds are a breeze. When l go shopping next week l shall look out for more unshelled nuts as all the one we have left are left overs from last year. I cannot be bothered to go to Lddl's chestnuts or no chestnuts. Last year l bought a load and froze them but as l started to use them in June they turned out to be maggoty. :((

Had a lovely stew and rice tonight l treat myself to an extra stockpot tub and and after it has melted spoon most it down my gullet. I am looking forward to wearing my new jacket l bought from MS tomorrow at church. Billie gets impatient with things too and she loses interest in them. It is like that with toys I bought a new toys some weeks ago she looked at it but now it is ignored.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:37 am

Sanjay has ignored toys, but he takes renewed interest after a while. I received a letter today from DWP to say my warm home discount is being paid, it's the first time I've received such a letter, so that's reassuring.
Ooh! A nice new jacket, I hope it's lovely and toasty, daddi bought a cashmere overcoat from John Lewis, it was reduced from £350 to around £90.00, it was beautiful and warm, he only got to wear it once, but it gave him so much pleasure, the charity shop did really well after he died.
Sanjay has had a lovely sing song and chortle sort of day, he likes the sunshine as much as I do, :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:52 am

Billie wanted to be covered at 2.30 l stood by the cage she gave me a lovely singsong and so l covered her up turned off the light s and sat watching TV in the dark wearing headphones but after an hour she was moaning, so l uncovered her and she flew to my shoulder, she was like glue even when l went to the toilet she still sat on my shoulder, however when we shared a biscuit she went back eventually at 3.30 pm l covered her up and she said not a mumbling word! It was quite warm when I went for a walk this morning. I forgot to buy anymore figs last week and we ran out today but the good news is she will gets some tomorrow. You could have made a cashmere blank out of that coat, taking it all to pieces and then sewing it back again. Cashmere comes from a goat in Afghanistan. Its going to be cold tonight Billie has two fleece blankets covering her cage so she should be warm tonight.
Wore my new jacket to go to church yesterday, l looked every inch like a beau! Somehow l missed the emails yesterday my humble apologies.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:06 am

Apology accepted, it was bitter here this morning, the wind was bitingly cold.
I don't need blankets or throws, besides, that coat would be really appreciated by someone on a budget. No chestnuts in lidl today, still, he still has a few left over from last week. I popped into the poppy shop for my big poppies, the lady who served me has an invite to the Royal Albert Hall do, apparently there are two, one in the afternoon, and the one her maj attends in the evening, tbh I've given up watching them because it's the same old thing year after year.
Billie makes me smile, she is so cheeky!, moaning so she could have a shoulder carry. Sanjay was overcome by curiosity today, he was so eager to see what he was getting, he very nearly landed on me!, When it comes to his tummy there is just no contest! ^#(^

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:18 am

Asda have some nice chestnuts £2 a bag, we scoffed some, Billie likes me to cook then gently in the M/W so that the skins come off easily, however they did not have any figs today. Had an accident l was peeling some carrots and the peeler broke, l am thinking of nipping down to Tesco tomorrow, bus both ways l might get some figs with a new peeler and anything else that catches my fancy.

Billie called to be covered at 1.30 pm l told her she was joking however as time went by l turned off the cage lights and then partially covered her but she would not go in every time l went near the cage she hopped up onto the threshold eventually she let me close the door and cover her and she never said a mumbling word after.

Once Sanjay get used to landing on your shoulder he will become a pest like Billie who doe snot let me go shopping or out without flying to my shoulder l have to duck and she turns in mid flight and lands on the cage again. She had a lovely shower this morning climbing down the clothes horse and standing in deep water both her wings were under the water l worry she might lose her footing and end up end up in water out of her depth.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:25 pm

As long as there's no plug, and you supervise her showers she should be fine.
I don't peel the chestnuts, I boil them for ten minutes, and that's all, himself likes them skewered, so he can bore through the skin to get to the kernels. It's all foraging. When I bought the vacuum pack of skinned, cooked ones, he wasn't half as interested.
It's been a dismal dreary day, it's a wonder we got any daylight at all, roll on the winter solstice!. I got my Tesco clubcard vouchers yesterday, I said to Sanjay "every little helps!" :x

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:18 am

I recycle mine and Billie's shower water and to that l keep the plug in, that is why the water rises above the lowest rung. But l watch her carefully, l leave the bathroom door open and keep looking at her as soon as l see her climb down l get in close.

Tesco had chestnuts, their slimmed milk powder is £1.59 and Asda is £1.88, but they did not have any figs well the sort she likes, l bought some dates and she turned her nose up at those, also soft dried figs. I put 4 chestnuts in the MW for 45 seconds and then their skins just shrug off. My scrambled egg maker arrived l shall try it out tomorrow.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:24 pm

A new gadget! What fun. Boiled chestnuts peel easily too, but he likes DIY. My nearest ASDA is in Biggleswade, my daughter has one in Luton, but says their food is mostly out of date and not reduced, I go to the Iceland store, as well as Tesco, we have two in the town, and two Tesco stores, daft!.
Another nasty day, yet only a fortnight ago it was hot and sunny. I can't believe Donald Trump got in!, nasty, racist warmonger, just keep that red button out of his reach, still, we can always hope he gets the bullet, literally.
Sanjay didn't bother with a fly past today, he stayed very close to home, and hinted he wanted a different seed in his seed bowl, not that he eats much of it. I tried pellets once and they weren't cheap, but he wouldn't even look at them. Still, fresh fruit and veg is much better for him anyway. :-bd

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:36 am

Billie likes pellets especially the long ones, she crunches them up. Also she likes the sprouts.she eats from all the food bowls but particularly likes pear. she peels it and laps up the juice, she has learnt to leave it for a while and then come back for another lick, l love the way she puts out her tongue to taste the juice. She enjoyed a green pepper seeds today.
She will eat peeled chestnuts but wont touch ones in their shells. I bought a load of nuts in their shells, Hazel, almond Brazils but not walnuts. I give her a shelled walnut in a paper twist and she goes for that. I also bought some watercress and she enjoys pecking at that. My Asda does not have food out of date, however there is a bin for food coming up to the sell by date at cheaper prices.

I am glad Trump got in it will be a break from the corrupt establishment if Clinton. DT has never held public office before so he is bound to be a rough diamond, l would not hold much store in the newspaper reports there was a lot of mud slinging, I would like to see him given a chance to prove himself.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:32 pm

Trump is a racist, self serving warmonger, he said a lot of unforgivable things, all that mud slinging was disgusting. If anyone can bring about WW111 he can.
Sanjay quite likes pears, the riper the better, but his native foods go down much better. I might visit the market again soon, as his stock of prickly pear, guavas, and bitter gourd are running low. They might have chestnuts too. :-!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:44 am

Is Liddl in the market? I spent a day at home with Billie apart form a walk around the park and l bumped into Emma from downstairs she was coming back from the dentists and told me she has to have a back lower molar out so l told her about Michael who has to go into hospital to have three teeth out, he came by on Wednesday and wanted some money so he could buy dutch courage but l bet they wont operate is he has a belly full of beer!

Billie tried it on at 1.30 wanting to be covered so l started by turning off the lights but by 2.30 she got very insistent and unladylike like in her language. But l ignored the rude comments and was ready at 3 pm to cover her up but she would not go into her cage when l was buy the door but as soon as l moved away she hopped back in and started to ring her bell and bash the babble ball, but as soon as l advanced on the door she stood on the threshold and would not budge, so in the end l used a perch to put her on the top perch, then slammed the door shut and covered her up, but l did not go but watched TV with headphones, she was quiet as a church mouse. :ymdaydream:

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:03 pm

No, lidl is Not, lidl does not sell Sanjays native nibbles. We actually got sun today, so himself decided he wanted the squirty bottle, his down feathers are moulting, what a strange year for moulting it's been, protracted!, and in an odd sort of order, he's being very contrary.
I received another letter from DWP, this time it confirms my winter fuel allowance, I don't usually get one of those either. Did you see the post about an IRN "calling" first thing?, obviously not covered up at bedtime. :-ss

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:44 am

I do not look very often at IRN posts and l missed that post Billie sleeps 17 hours a day covered and this evening she was bleating under the covers she could hear the telly l just ignored her, and soon she gave up and went to sleep. She likes to be woken slowly l open the curtains a little and then pull off her covers and we sit in the gloom until it gets lighter. She lets me know when she is ready to poop although l try to get her onto the wing of the cage sometimes it happens too quickly and goes all over the cage YUK :(

You were lucky it was doom and gloom all day, at least it stopped raining. I went for a walk around the park as usual. 20 years ago l bought a load of pour and store bags Poly-lina and now they are coming up to the end of their life but I have discovered all sorts of people sell them. Amazon.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:53 am

Goodness! I've never heard of them, but, didn't they do well to last so long?.
We had the grotty weather today, but the pansies in my window boxes are starting to open, and a lovely splash of colour.
Sanjay is sitting on his middle plastic perch looking down, and making squeaky noises!, how peculiar!, :?: