Billie2

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Billie2

Post by AJPeter »

Poor old Billie she is very hot, she pulled the last of her under feathers out, she had a shower this morning but did not want another this afternoon, she sat out in the garden for an hour but kept rolling her eyes although it was in the shade. She put up with the floor fans but l switched these off at bed time (Hers)
sanjays mummi

Re: Billie2

Post by sanjays mummi »

The day was a scorcher, it was like walking into an oven when I went out, so I closed the curtains as well as put the fan on. Sanjay soused himself in his clean water, which comes from the water chiller in the fridge, but didn't show much distress, poor Billie. I think the rest of the week may be a bit cooler.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

What happened to Thursday?

Just renewed my subscription for parrots l get a free gift and one month free cannot be bad

Cooler today, how are your new neighbours? My downstairs neighbour Emma has a mouth like Mersey tunnel and voice like a fog horn.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Still haven't moved in, unless they are giving notice and packing, maybe. Sanjay stayed out for an hour just messing about, giving an ornament the "aye aye" look, when he is unsure of something, funny shapes with his body too, made me laugh, then the low swoops and hovers, plucking up the nerve to land on me, but wussed out again. Storms forecast for tonight, reminds me of Germany, where every day was a scorcher followed by a wet stormy night, in the summer. The duck egg blue paint I bought for my little hallway looks a bit dark, There is a lot of white with the doorframes and doors, so do I risk it? Or should I stir a bit of white emulsion into it?, hmm, I shall probably go with it because the doorframes etc will break it up, it will be lovely and fresh anyway. I will make a start tomorrow, it will probably only take a day to finish, as I use one coat paint. There is a rather loud family next door, which I often hear, and the Croatians above me have carrying voices, even when they're talking normally. I hope the fog horn didn't upset Billie. And, I hope she isn't scared if you get the thunder storms.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I listened at the door but Billie seemed to be fast asleep so l left her to dream. Actually l am in a quandry, she wants to be covered at 1.30 pm with the first cover and an hour later with the thicker fleece. Should l make her wait so l can have more of the living room to myself she huffs and puffs if l sit in it after she has gone to bed.

The catch 22 is that if she thinks it is spring with more daylight hours will she start to think about eggs, nests and mood swings? Or shall l leave her early bed times as they are in the hope she will think it is still too early in the year to lay eggs?

It is no sklin off my nose to let her have the LR at 3 pm l can go for a walk and work on my computer when l get back.

I did ask the fog horn to be quieter, it took a large dose of Umbrage, and shut the front door. However mostly Emma is more reasonable. Did you know a croatian is called a cravat
although l did hear of one who was called Fred.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

These two are called Dan (Slobodan) and Memo, but I can't pronounce Memo's full name, let alone spell it. The new neighbours arrived with their kit and kaboodle in a van, he asked me to charge his phone (no electricity), I pointed him in the direction of a socket in the communal hall, I don't pay for it. I wasup at 4.30 am, filling the water filter jug I saw a red sable fox trot past, the storm and rain had passed by then. What on earth can Billie be up to behind the cover?, seriously though, the climate and her bio rhythms cannot be fooled. She knows exactly what time of year it is. Sanjay hasn't dropped anymore feathers yet, maybe it was a false start. Yes, noisy nuisances do sulk when asked to behave, like they are the aggrieved party and not you!, would she prefer you to go behind her back by complaining to the HA?, I always ask nicely first before taking matters farther. The new neighbours have installed a rotary clothes dryer in the garden, I know what will happen, other people will start using it thinking its "communal", I expect tears before bed time!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Our gardens are comunual but some people pegged out an area and called it theirs and got up tight when people started to use their garden furniture the HA made them clear it up and we went back to the communual idea. But I think poeple ought to respect other's space, they sit on the wall below my bedroom windon laughing and joking, screaming and hysterical laughter all l can do is play a punk record or some gospel on full volume that moves them on! I had thought of throwing a pan of water out of the window and hiding but thought that was too drastic.

Poor Billie l moved the cage with out thinking about the bowl of water in her cage and it slopped she was sitting in a pool of water and worse as l was listening to the Tour de France on head phones there was an almighty clap of thunder and l could her her crying out in alarm, so l uncovered her and offered a safe refuge on my arm with a cuddle until she had calmed down. She was cold but was pleased that l had emptied the tray of water.

Judging from the noises coming from under the blanket l think the has an escape tunnel. A couple of weeks ago Emma threw a booze party and the shrieks continued, so at 4.30 am l went down in my bath l sleep in my bithday suit and steep my teeth in a glass of water. I rang the door bell and asked them to stop making noise at 4.30 am they laughed and turned up the volume. I have loads of differnt ear plugs some work better than other when l spoke to Emma about this she just said her friend thought it so funny l should ring the door belll wearing only a bath robe.

There is good news a neighbour spoke to the nosie makers and since then they have been pretty quiet or they cannot stand my punk record.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

When stationed abroad, a civilian worker would take his dentures out and leave them laying around in the kitchen, so some wag set them in an individual jelly!, made the guy eat the jelly sans teeth to get them back. If noisy neighbours disturbed Me then laughed at my complaint I'd dial 999, they Are breaking the law!, maybe that person has told them he'd report them to the HA.
I painted my hallway yesterday, that Duck Egg was more kingfisher, and definitely too dark, So I mixed 1.5 litres of the Duck egg to 2.5 litres of white, the result is a fabulous eau de nil shade of aquamarine. It took me 8 hrs altogether, but as I'd started at 5am, I finished in good time to do Sanjays housework. The thunder didn't trouble him, he is quite bomb proof. It is set to be a cooler week with showers, so it should be more comfortable. The new tenants have dumped an old gas cooker behind the bins, they will have to pay the council to take it, our estate manager takes a very dim view if tenants don't dispose of their tut.
I ordered a takeaway today, fish n't chips, Sanjay was very pleased! He just Loves the crispy tail.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

What a tale, lucky Sanjay,

Emma was up at 5.30 this morning she let the door slam several times and banged around in the kitchen, but l got up at 7 am letting my very loud alarm clock ring twice before oops l let my door slam shut. It went very quiet down stairs l thought she had gone out. It seemed to be my fate today to let the door slam through out the day. Emma stired at 2.30 pm and l made a big effort not to allow the wind to catch the door any more and l closed it quietly. She has been very quiet this evening.

We had extra bins green and blue tops with our old bin grey top, it does say on the outside what should go in but who reads that? l just bung it all in the grey top.

Last wek l bought this lovely satin finish steamer from Wilco but they did not have any parrot sticks so shall have to go tomorrow as Billie is down to her last one.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

We only have orange lidded recycling bins and grey ones, fortunately since I've been using ths orange ones, others have followed suit. We have green ones for garden waste, I make my own compost in mine. I went to the Asian store today, but the block of cheese I bought is extremely salty, I may try soaking the worst of it out, it has the consistency of Lancashire cheese, quite crumbly. Its immaculately clean in the store, all the butchery is done in full view (except the actual deed!), so you can see how hygienic it is, and the staff are very polite and friendly. I asked why they fast at Ramadan, it is so they can experience what it is like to go hungry, like the poor, our politicians should try it methinks. Apparently there is a huge amount of poverty in the USA, one of the wealthiest continents in the world, I was shocked.. Sanjay has some beautiful golden yellow Courgettes, as they did not have any bitter melon today. The new neighbours are very quiet, not seen or heard, but it may only last until the end of their starter tenancy, then all hell might break loose!. The "child" in flat one is avoiding me too, hopefully through embarassment at his behaviour, .Well, its pleasantly cooler now, best to make the most of it!. I have stopped buying Wilko seedy bars, they break off the sticks too easily, and end up wasted, I have complained.so, he is just having millet as a side.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

You're the one that complained! Now all the seed bars have been with drawn, none broke up for me.

Billie has laid an egg, l thought l would take it away before she got used it is but oh no she started to make little where are you beeps so l put it back. She kicked out a plastic toy so l threw it back and as luck would have it it hit the egg and dented the egg. Oh well l expect she will lay another.

I have cut back on her diet no more corn cobs, she was not invited to share my lunch of soup and toast, and today l bought a load of cabbage and corriander and stuff. No more nesting material. I had put in a screwed up newpaper which she shredded, she can have a wooden stick to chew.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Well, it was on the cards, Sanjay had shed another big feather, its a very slow moult this year. I only complained to the local store, so there is no reason to suspect it was my complaint, they've probably sold out for now. I put fresh batteries in babble ball today, and he gave it a good hiding!. Fresh herbs are good for them, and Sanjay gets cinnamon sticks to gnaw, the Asian shop sells packs of really big ones. Billie would make a lovely mum, I feel sorry for her in a way, but obviously you're in no position to breed, anymore than I am. I am quite content to leave that to the ambitious experienced folk.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

How do you like your egg in the morning Billie?

Raw

Empty shell. But the down side is thatshe is lopoking for a nesting site she wants to come down from the cage onto the floor, l let her go down but chased her back to the cage but that did not stop her, so now l shall have to keep the cage shut until the need is over.

Notifications are not getting though and now emails are also not getting through just in case could you send me and email? I have sent you one.

They shed feathers through out the year not just a molt, Billie drops one now and again mostly flight feathers, Wilco man said he thought the supplier of parrot stick was out of stock!

You meam breed parrots?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I received and replied to your e mail. Sanjay moults Once a year and little Jack collects his feathers, they are cleaner and prettier than the ones he used to pick up in the street. Mr and Mrs Magpie were showing off one of their offspring today, they live at the bottom of the garden. I find it odd that Billie would want to nest on the floor, given they nest in hollow tree trunks high up.
I received a grovelling apology from the child in flat 1 today, his mum had given him a flea in his ear too, apparently. We are back to Sanjay shouting back at the wild birds in the morning, I keep telling him to mind his own business, but no, he has to add his two pennorth.When I do his housework now, he preens my hair and nibbles my sleeve, getting very bold!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Your email has not arrived yet.

Billie was sleeping on a high perch but just recenely she squats down in a corner of the tray, whether to get out of the light or draft l know not.

Billie laid agin last night and thinking it could be the start of a run l put the nesting box in her cage, and put the egg very carefully into the box, but she got the egg wedged into a corner so l got some spagnum moss and wet it and put that in with her egg on top.

Later she wanted to look for a new nesting site and l kept telling her no you have a nesting box you are not going to have another site. I turned th box around to look at the egg but she has punched a hole in it and there was yolk all over the spagnum moss. YUk!

So l cleaned all that up took out the nesting box and she came out for a cuddle. I lnow she cannot have sweet food, and cannot share my food she was very upset when she heard the M/w and could not partake as l ate it out in the kitchen.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Its called tough love, like when my grandson has a tummy bug and has to fast except for liquids, "but I'm starving!".
Anyway, another tatty feather today, this year he seems to be discarding the tat, and keeping the smart feathers. I will try sending an e mail via this page.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Nothing came through l have checked my entries in the control panel and they seem to be in order, other people use my email address and there is no problem maybe it will sort itself out.

Tonight's the night for egg laying l put the nestting box back in but she wanted to sleep next to it in her little corner. She virtually goes into the hamster cage by herself, she loves going outside, it was a bit chilly at first but after the sun came l moved her into some shade. But she want the sun so l moved her back, l think she wants a tan before xmas.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The UV rays and vitamin D will do her the world of good. How strange, I received your e mail yet you did not receive mine. Maybe Billie doesn't fancy laying again, we can only hope. That's another thing, If Sanjay is a wee hen, I have never experienced these problems, at five years old, surely they would have surfaced by now?, so after reading somewhere it can take Seven years for a male to get his collar and tie, I am waiting another two years before I can state he is definitely a she. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, and it would be nice if it turns out I wasn't lied to. The local church is having a fete tomorrow, only two hours?, usually they're an all afternoon jobbie, I am a professional Tarot reader, and often give my services for free to charity events, but Its just not worth offering my services for a paltry two hours. Never mind, I shall go if it doesn't rain, I may find fresh garden produce for me and my little friend, or a bargain.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Yes we have no egg, she has gone three days between laying and once went 17 days before she restarted. So all l can do is hope she lays no more this yer.

I sent an email to the Mod saying l do not get notifications, emails, what can they suggest.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

So far so good. The fete was a fate, shrivelled tomato plants, dirty tatty books, odds and ends of bric a brac, sigh. I don't know why they bothered to be honest. Sanjay didn't ask for a tickle today, he just wanted his abode cleaned asap. The young couple next door found a fledgling on the pavement, made a little nest and are watching it, also, its been drinking water from a spoon. We are hoping the parents are coming down to feed it.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

My church gave up on fetes, they used to bring in £3000 but gradually that fell off and for all the hard work that went into it, in the end it was not worth the candle.

No egg again today. Is this the end of the egg laying? No on your Nellie, she still wants to get on the floor and look for a nesting site, l had to lock her in when l went to church and the lady who gave me a lift wanted to stay on untill the end of the end so poor Biile was cooped up for three hours.

We went out into the garden for half and hour in the sun, then we came back in, and l played the organ she kept flying to my shoulder and tried to masturbate on me and l kept on putting her back, fat chance of playing the organ!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Poor wee hen, she seems to spend so much time with this, isn't there Anything the vet can give her? Or suggest?. Sales at the shop have fallen since I left, probably because it is such a muddle. I agree about the work involved, We organised many a dog show, but, honestly, its the quality which is lacking, it isn't as though there are no keen gardeners in this area, or knitters etc, I don't think enough thought goes in, the leaflets bigged it up, so I was expecting better.I am sure Billie didn't mind being indoors for three hours, she probably caught up on a few things. I gave Sanjay a spray today, and when we shared a tickle his plumage was lovely and soft, and a slight waft of rose.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Poor wee hen be blowed, its me that has to put her back on the cage each time, today it was too wet to go out so l persuaded her to go to bed early. 2 pm!

She has bashed a hole in the egg, ready for a midnight feast l was so careful today not to touch it. She was on her perch this morning but would not let me take the nesting box out everytime l made a move she sat with a leg either side of the egg, so l got the message.

She had a shower in the bath room, there are so many electical things near her cage that l dare not spray her there.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Have you tried giving her a hard boiled chooky egg? Then whilst she is nibbling that, remove the offending stuff. No big papaya until tomorrow but they had bitter melon and fresh figs. The rain was just drizzle and it was very sultry. Still, the garden needed it. I forgot to check on the fledgling, I won't forget tomorrow.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

she is too clever and would notice the last time l removed the egg when her back was turned she went round making little noises "Where are you?" sort of thing. No l shall have to wait until she has finished laying. 1 egg (eaten) 2 days later another egg (eaten) 4 days later another egg but still intact but l think it has a hole in it, l have not dared touch it.

I doubt the fledgling will make it. I was a bit late this morning and l got told off soundly the fuss she made any one would think the sky had fallen on her. Then l went out shopping and shut her in, the look she gave me when l got back would have frazzled an egg. I thouight it would cheer her up in a spell int he garden but same drizzle that drizzled on you drizzled on us
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Tis nasty weather, and my daughter has a chest infection because of it, as her GP said, mild damp weather helps bacteria to thrive. I bought some slices of water melon, himself absolutely loves it, he still gets half a cantaloupe or galia in a bowl though. I sprinkle his feather up on them. Cuttlebone went down the little red lane nicely too. Moon change on Thursday, so hopefully there will be a return to garden sitting weather then.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

All of a sudden l get a notification but it was for Billie, they say it is the jet stream too far north. Billie did not like Melon. No egg, but she made an awful fuss when l took her nesting box away. "Lay an egg and you can have it back!" Wail wail wail.

She had some cod left over from supper and some mouldy cheese but when l offered her some boiled egg she took one bite and backed away from the spoon!

We sat out in the sun for an hour and half very pleasant.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It certainly has been lovely today, my Dahlias have shot up. Mouldy cheese? eeeooow!. Just as I predicted the child man in flat 1 wants to use the rotary clothes dryer belonging to the new folk in flat 3, people are So predictable. Half the fun of owning a pet is the fact they are not.
A car alarm went off today it was very loud, and a very strange sound, Sanjay froze!, when it finally stopped he sidled along his perch to have a crafty look, which made me smile, he is a very curious little bird.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie is the same; she is happy on the bottom of the cage and a car door slams outside and she is up like a shot and peering out of the window! The man came to mow the grass today the petrol driven rotary mower made a dreadful noise, I think Billie pretended she could not hear anything.

Well she laid another egg last night that makes 4 one l broke one she broke and two intact.
I put some moss in the nesting box but she kicked that all out next l tried some shredded paper in her cage, she tried to kick that out but got some wrapped around a foot l gently pulled the paper and she lifted a foot so it could come off. Another time she pulled the paper off herself. But the eggs l had carefully laid on the shredded paper she had moved them off, now they sit on the bare cage bottom, she did try to sit on them. Skye said once she starts to sit on them there is no more laying but she might lay again

Read all about it!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The best laid eggs O' hens and man gang aft agley. Never mind eh?. May as well let her do her own thing, she will anyway. Sanjay had a fresh cooked king prawn today, he pinned his eyes, lifted his little head feathers and clucked with excitement, he didn't eat all of it tho'. The shredded paper and foot reminded me of my female Samoyeds, if we were out on a walk and they got a thorn or bramble in a paw, they would stop dead in their tracks and hold the offending paw up for me to inspect and sort out, once done they carried on walking. I hate seeing pigeons with that nasty nylon netting caught around a foot cutting off the circulation.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I live five miles from Winson green and it a common sight to see pigeons with out a foot possibly where a prisoner has tried to capture one.

Here is a good thought Parrots is out, some good stories, Rico's retrun to health, mutual verbal communication, Rosemary Low thinks about parrots whose owners die and other good articles, rush out an buy your copy.

The assistant housing officer Lylette Wiggins came round today for a health and safety check, and met Billie. She was very good and went straight into her cage, After Lylette went l could niot stand the sight of the dirty cage any longer so l moved Billie's eggs and took the cage apart and washed the base in the bath.

Good.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Yes, his could do with a good scrub. Woken by banging, the man child couldn't open his flat door with the key, a malfunction inside the lock, fortunately I still have the hammer drill and other diy paraphernalia, and he was able to drill a hole around the lock and punch it out with hammer and chisel, the HA have done a temporary patch up until he gets a new fire door. Karma for behaving so disgracefully towards me at Litha (midsummer). We are due an electrical safety check, they expect me to pull my heavy appliances etc out of the way, they can take a running jump!, that's what started my sciatica off in the first place!, the sparky can shift it himself, at least Sanjays palace is on castors.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie's abode is the same, we haven't had an electrical check for donks. When the elctrician comes have a walking stick handy to lean on, and he will take pity on you.

Emma one day last year could not open her front door and she panicked banging and kicking it. I went down and said put your keys through the letter box and l will open it from outside, no problem.

Those fire door cost over £200 and before Emma came the police kicked the front door down, and the HA paid for a rotten job cost £40 but l bet the workman claimed £200+!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Flat 1s door has Always been a slammer, everyone who had lived there has had the problem, Wickes do an internal fire door for £30. The fireproof paint costs more. I use a stick anyway, but last time the sparky said I had to shift stuff because he wasn't allowed, due to elf and safety, I woke up next day in absolute agony, Sciatica lasts Weeks and Weeks, and never completely goes. I shall pick up my copy of Parrot mag on Monday when I go shopping. Years ago, we had a dreadful woman in flat 1, small, very obese, and one eyed, she was a foul mouthed alcoholic, one night she accidentally fell into the empty bath tub and couldn't get out, four in the morning we heard her yelling, called the fire brigade, and they took the framework off the wall surrounding the door to access her flat, she actually received a bill!, wasn't at all happy about it, but while they were here they may have been needed at a genuine emergency, eventually she got kicked out, and died a few years later, (three Weeks after being evicted, she came back, absolutely bladdered and smashed the flat windows), she was 57 for goodness sake!. I'm just thankful Sanjay didn't pick up her vile language!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Bloody and Bugger are the strongest words l use, l have to tell people not use strong language because l do not like it, to no avail!

Tenants come and go l have been here for 26 years and seen plenty, most HA have to take bad tenants from the council housing list, we do not for some reason but never the less we get quite a few.

Two weeks ago Emma put out a settee the only good thing is that it plugs a gap in the hedge, some people were using to bang on her widows.

I had my Health and safety check by the Housing Officer, Lylette, I heard Emma refuse her visit. Last year they picked up that l had put up a shower without tile-ing the bath room so l craftily took the shower down and hung a larg bath towel up to hid the wall fittings. She missed it.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Naughty!, the Croatians have a tap connecting shower on their bath, no shower curtain, several years ago water kept staining the wet room ceiling, when I told them and showed them they said it was My problem!, so I reported it, they were so obstructive, ths repair guys had to force their way in, the bathroom was awash! And the tiles were either broken or completely missing. I didn't get an apology tho'.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Neighbours are funny peculiar people, l was talking to one about the governemnt cut back benefit l thought it would make some of our drunks seek work, and was off on a crusade so l said he should go and get a job but that made it worse. We don't talk to each other at the moment. No skin off my nose!

When l first moved here l lived in a flat downstairs and one day water came through the ceiling but the tennant was away, so they brokle into his flat to fix it and sent him the bill!
He was livid, l told him it was his fault he should have given the landlord spare keys.

The penalty for living up stairs is that you get all the smells from the flat below, but the advantage is you can leave your windows open all day all night.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

True, but my bedroom window stays open. The fledgling died, the parents didn't come down and feed it, I suspect it was ejected by mum for being imperfect. Mygrandad had a one legged chick, he shut it in a shed with its mum, and let her do the deed. Got talking to a woman in Wilko today, said she was the president of local parrot society, but she didn't know what a ringneck is? Hmm. My magazine wasn't in, never mind they keep it for me.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I don't meet interesting people in our local Wilko.l did buy a lovely 3 tier steamer all stainless steel £20 good value for money. Had to leave Bilie while l went shopping, she was not concerned, Going back and forth she treid to follow me but flew back to her cage when l returnd whe wss no where to be found I called and searched the flat then l saw her on the lower shelf of the cage.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Playing hide and seek!. The woman was a bit of a bore, to be honest, and when she didn't know what an IRN is, she gave me the third degree, "are you sure she isn't a Senegal?" "what about an Eclectus? Is that what you mean?", I just wanted her to leave. Another scorcher today,Sanjay wanted the squirty bottle and I obliged.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I thought it was a bit on the cool side, we had a big rain storm today but later when it cleared up l went for a walk around the park.

Billie has to wait until August 20 the last time she had eggs they were in the nesting box and l got fed up without seeing her, so after the 28 days were up l threw her eggs away, but this time she does not want her eggs in the nesting box but sits on them on the cage floor.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Electrical safety check tomorrow, I've told them I won't be pulling things out. We had heavy rain too, after I watered the garden yesterday evening too.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Don't you know that if you water the garden it will rain?

Billie enjoyed a boiled egg for lunch l ate most of it but ate some of the the yoke but prefered the white which reminded me of Jack Spratt who could eat no fat and his wife who could eat no lean. Finally we have her eggs in the nesting box.

I seem to remember that the last electrical test we had only check on the landlords stuff.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I needn't have worried, he did all checks on the circuit board, and these checks are every 5 years. Poor Sanjay was in the gloom for a bit, as his UV lamp was off, it took two hours in all, I gave him some fresh garden peas, in the pod, he adores them. I hate disruption, so does Sanjay, but it wasn't too bad, If you clean windows or wash a car it is a "Rain Dance".
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I remember l had a new cicuit board intalled and if there is a short it throws a switch, my coffee maker overflowed and wet the switch the next time l turn it on the switched turned off.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Yes, and it makes finding the problem much easier, by elimination. It tipped down with rain all day, and the flat felt chilly, so I had to put the CH on low. My magazine hadn't come in on Monday, so it will have to be this Monday coming, I'm not making a special journey for it. Has Billie stopped laying yet?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I looked into her nesting box this morning and now there are 4 eggs so she laid one in the box, that is a first as all the others were laid outside the box. She is still chomping on the cuttle fish bone does that mean she is going for 5 eggs?!!!

She is very much a creature of habit, she come up for a cuddle first thing in the morning, she likes a shower when she wants one. After l have cleaned the cage refilled all the bowls she like me to be in the room when she eats afterwards she goes up for some orange segments l have put out for her. By squezzing the middle she gulps down the juice.

There is nothing for it you will have to buy Parrots on line, you get a free copy and a free DVD! Besides it is cheaper than buying from a shop and you get it early.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

No, it wouldn't fit into my mail box, and if its put through the door, I might never see it. The newsagents are very good, they keep it on one side until I'm ready. Sanjay was in a strange mood today it was beat up mummi, he kept dive bombing me from the chandelier and after I'd complained, I got jingly balls dropped on my head!, but he was quite affable with it!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Sanjay wants to play games, Billlie does that with her poo, yesterday she begged a ride on my shoulder and then pooped all down my back, she is a dear really she gives a little call before she poops and then gets a big well done! She loves pooping in my bath. And will often say yes to a shower so she can poop.

Neighbour problems last night yelling, shreiking, manical laughter, loud talking did not stop until 5 am, should have used ear plugs and turned up the hifi. however woke this morning
and turned on the hifi loud, Emma sleeps until 4 pm but this morning she was up at 10 am.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Serves her right!, before my GP gave me Amytriptiline for the PTSD, I took Nytol, and it worked a treat, along with ear plugs, of course, don't need ear plugs now everyone here is law abiding. Sanjay doesn't splat outside the cage now he goes just before he comes out, and doesn't go until after he's gone back in.It poured with rain again today, I'm not getting the carpet shampooer out until this weather settles down, probably after the blue moon on Friday, (a blue moon is when there are two full moons in a month)