Billie2

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Re: Billie2

Post by AJPeter »

The housing officer was supposed to be coming today to pick up the diary pages but did not show it really irks me that they can break appointemts without a bye your leave. Maybe Santa only wants to be friendly, obviously not a flat dweller or her would know he has to break the ice slowly so we can enjopy our privacy. The other horror here locked himself out again and was shouting my name at 12.30 pm until l woke up he wanted to borrow a screwdriver to force an entry, l felt sorry for him as he was standing in his underwear. He was drunk and had gone out to clear up but the wind caught his door and bingo. Billie tried some jelly today she rolled it around inside her beak but decided it was not for her. MissK recomended we try our parrots food and l can tell you that the jelly
is YUK.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay loves jelly pots, I might try him on vegetarian jelly from the health food shop, no pork gelatin in it. Santa was here briefly today whilst his boiler was safety checked and his gas supply un capped, but I stayed out of his way.. Our HO always turns up, sometimes late, but keeps her word. It was mild today, even the wind wasn't cold, it made a nice change.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

My HO promised to come today but went briefly to Emma. So l am in the dark. however Emma and Boyfriend were very quiet, we shall have to wait and see what noise comes.
I kept Billie up until quite late expecting the HO so Billie was a bit upset and bedtime was 5.30pm. But l over slept this morning and was late getting her up. Billie is very much a creature of habit come lunch time which we share tofaether she gets quite agitated if lunch is late! Notications are getting through to my junk folder. When l went for a walk it was quite breezy and chilly and cold tonight.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It was a lovely spring like day here, More huffing and puffing up the stairs by Santas helpers, I would be embarrassed at allowing others to do everything. After they had left, he got a taxi, I didn't think he did much walking somehow. Anyway, Sanjay is really laid back if I get held up and I'm late doing his chores, I think he knows by now I won't forget him. Poor Billie gets into a flap doesn't she?. We always fed our dogs at the same times every day, and boy! Did they remind us what the time was!, they would bidge the food bin with their noses, whimper and pine, and even try and climb into our laps!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I think birds are very much creatures of habit, they come back year after year to the same nesting places, during the war one of our neighbours kept chickens and we had an egg from time to time, the Chicken house was very old and after the war they bought a new hutch let the chickens out and burnt the old hutch, when it came to bedtime the stupid chickens sat in the hot ash and refursed to go into their new quarters. Of course it is well to remember that birds have a pecking order. Billie puts her head back for a neck scratch but sometimes when l have approached she became quite cross l think she was day dreaming about the bird in the mirror. I think it a bit sad that newcomers post and nobody reponds to them, oh and dont worry about Claire she can call me names but you have no idea the sort of names l call her!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I was quite shocked the mods on here allow libel, and it made me cross, I wasn't going to tell you in case it was upsetting, but glad you defended yourself. Obviously Claire hasn't come across a genuine internet troll, lucky her, because they are vicious, nasty creeps who drive people to suicide. Sanjay was quiet today, but he is definitely ok, maybe Billie should have her name changed to "Narcissus" (daffy for short)
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I am a firm believer in "When you judge some one you judge yourself, because you do the same things" Maybe Claire is a Troll, but wasn't it interesting that Missk made no comnment either way, in the past l have had pm's from Claire warning me off and saying that she has been on the site since the begining and does not want me to muscle in, also she did not like me giving conflicting advice to new comers, but l have this hatred of training animal and birds to do tricks. I left Billie in an almost wild state. if she escaped one day l rather hope she could manage with the other birds, at least she would not show them how to shuffle a pack of cards!

Did not Narcisus admire his relfection in the water? When l leave the LR l can hear Billie talkng to her reflection she evens "Hallo!" But she does not say hallo to me, l think birds that have a lot inter reaction with a human are less likely to talk, those that are left alone for long periods cheer themselves up with familiar words their carer uses.

Also it saddens me that new comers often do not get an answer to their question so l chip in to stir up some interest.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

If that had been me, I would have reported Claire to mods, it's not up to her who joins in!, and I'm the same as you, my pets have never been circus animals, and I also detest seeing dogs and cats dressed in human clothes. I like Sanjay just the way he is, and if he wants to up the ante by sitting on my anatomy, it's entirely his decision. Yes, Narcissus fell in love with his own reflection, and was turned into a narcissus (daffodil).
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

The Daffs are out already in our park some crocci too but no sign of snow drops. It takes all sorts to make our site and we have to take the rough with the smooth, don't worry be happy. It is probably that time of the month thing again with Claire.

Bilie gets a big round of applause and well dones if she poops off the cage but this morning she tried to get to the top of the cage before she pooped but was caught short l told her how disgusting it is to clear up her poop when she ran along the top of the cage with her head down and as she got close to me she held her head for a kiss as if to say sorry! You could never train a bird to do that.

When l got back from church she was so busy watching Tv she did not hear me come in and so when l openned the door she was startled and yelled but as soon as she saw me she cooed like a pigeon, she copies the magpies rasps out "Why are taking so long" call when l get iour lunch.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I know what you mean, I didn't have to train Sanjay to ask for kisses and tickles. My little garden is abloom with miniature Irises, cyclamen, daffs, and hellebores, the snowdrops are Just peeping through, another garden on the road is full of purple crocuses, but mine aren't up yet, mine are dark purple "remembrance". I'm planning on ragging out a climbing rose "Swan Lake" because it's so disappointing, no fragrance and very prone to black spot etc, I like the look of a fabulous double yellow climber called "Teasing Georgia", actually it has orange shading too, and, is fragrant. I have just ordered my begonias and double petunias for the window boxes and hanging baskets. The begonias are yellow, the petunias variegated purple, they should look lovely together.
I love Billies antics,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Who got off the wrong side of the perch today? She pooped clear of the cage this morning and l gave her my ususal round of applause, and half a cheshnut. "A half!" you might say and l would say half each. But she gave my finger a nip she obviously did not like the round of applause. I picked up the half cheshmnut and pretened to eat it but l relented and gave it to her. For lunch we had cheese on toast and she enjoyed her corner. l chopped the end off a bananana and gave it to her but she was more interested in the skin, so l took it away from her, she is very good all l have to do is cup my hands under the morsel and she lets go. I peeled the bana and gave it back to her, you could see the look on her face as she sampled it, it was really funny. This evening she was under the cover and moaning like the dickens so l uncovered her and she would not go back in her cage. Suddenly l had an urge to inspect the plumbing and went to the door she flew to my shoulder so she came into the bath room with me. "No Peeking" I said not that l have much left to peek at, a bit like an over sharpened pencil, so eventually she went back and l discovered later with a smirk she had pooped down my back! Still l have to admit that the bath room is the best place to do any pooping.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I went into the 99p shop today, and found they had jelly pots!, these are little cone shaped ones for children, I checked the ingredients, all ok except a small amount of sugar, but 20 to a bag, so I bought some, Sanjay loves them!. I just clipped one to the cage bars. Our Asian supermarket was closing down, but the guy said he is looking to open somewhere else.It's a pain, because it will mean an extra trip to the market each week.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I know the feeling our local Pets at at home closed and now l have to go to New Oscott for supplies. Billie and l had a lovely time today. I got her up at day break and did the chores she was a bit worried when l used an infra red lamp on my back, and afterwards l went shopping she gets a millet spray when l go to church and and when l go shopping two a week. When l got back she was very startled to see me either she was dreamiong about a holiday or thought l might have got lost. We shared lunch together she enjoyed her corner of Cheese on toast and ate some bana, this afternoon we had more nosies but when she wanted to be covered up but l made her wait until 3pm I think she wants to be a secret agent she does most of her work under cover, but an hour later she wanted to come out and we sat cheek to cheek or nose to nose watching the sunset. we sang to each other it was a very special time of the day. But like all good things it had to come to an end and she meekly went down at 5 pm for bed, and straight to sleep.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Post script
I have been collecting things for the egg layiing l am quite excited as l want to try the nesting box on its end so it is deep for her to go in, with that in mind l have hung up a bamboo ladder for her to get used to it. The nylon eggs are congealing nicely, l bought some dried leaves and flowers as bedding for her today.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

There is a lovely smelling meadow hay you can buy, my daughter bought it for pet rabbits, they ate most of it!. We didn't have as much excitement as you and Billie, today, the sunshine was beautiful but the wind was exceedingly chillikins!. One of my neighbours gave a home to a retired greyhound last year, she was a sweet little thing called "Peggy", anyway, he died suddenly just before Yule, today, I noticed someone had put his bins out, and on top of the tut was Peggy's dog bed, very sad.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

The passing of pets is always sad, today Billie and I watched the sundown again with much kisses and whistling from me but Billie joined in singing at one stage, today has been mostly eneventful. I bought some meadow grass from Asda that has some smell, Billie likes to tear it to fragments, she was banging around under the covers this afternoon l asked her "You making a boat?" I thought she replied how did you gues but what she really said was "No, its an escape tunnel." I walked down to our HA office it took 30 mins for some laundry tokens are blessed with our own machines it costs 60p to wash and 60p to dry, another tenant followed me into the office waving a £20 note and was told they had no change. I came back by bus and could see Billie watching out for from the top of her cage.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I have a washer dryer, when you add up all the 60p's you have spent over the years....., there is a rotary dryer in the garden, unused, they probably dry their stuff on the radiators, and have mould and mildew as a result. Anything is possible with that little minky of yours!, why tunnel when you can travel by air?. Peggy didn't die, her new owner did, with her bed in the bin, I assume she went back to the retired Greyhound trust.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie will out live me, l worry as to what will become of her, some friends said they would feed Billie and make sure she has fresh water if l had to go into hospital, l do not now think either the town drunk, Michael; or that soak Emma would be capable of looking after Billie so all the more pleased at my friends offer.

My water bill is in and it is horrendous, £212 for the last 6 months and £145 for the first 6 months that's nearly a pound a day. I told Billie we shall have to economise no more sitting on the clothes horse getting wet from the spray, she will have to be content with the spray bottle, and l will have to cut down on water usage. I had some smart meters fitted and they show how much energy I use on a remote and that is horrendous too. The electric fan in the bath room whacks it up.

Billie had her usual play under the covers she moans if it is not dark enough, and then about 4 pm she comes out and we spend time together so at 5.30 pm or dusk she is ready for bed. We have rotary driers too but no one uses them as they are under the trees.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I have a wet room with electric shower and automatic fan, a shower costs 25p, I am with Scottish Power, I have prepayment meters for gas and electricity. I don't want a water meter, my water costs approx £12 a week, I have a book and I pay over the phone weekly, then I get about 4 months when I don't have to pay anything, so I put the money on my TV licence, I have a card and pay in weekly instalments on line. No nasty bills, the only bill is a monthly one from Virgin, and that's paid by direct debit. My daughter has a water meter and is always fed up by the cost. When I make a will, I want "the zoo" parrot rescue to have Sanjay, we saw a programme about it once, and donate money now and again. You could make it clear you want either the zoo, or the RSPCA to have Billie. My daughter has offered if I go to hospital etc, but she's no use to Sanjay whilst she is living in Luton!, not only that, I can't trust Jack and Isabel whilst they are tiny, not to let him escape.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I used to be with Scottish Power but l switched to Scottish and Southern Electric of the big providers they were always the last to put up their prices, my water bill is not so different from yours about £14 a week but there are two of us, Billie has a shower every day and l have one three days a week, although l have told Bille she can only have a shower 4 times a week from now on. If l passed on l would not care what happened to Billie but of course it is going into hospital where friends are so essential. My new cell phone came today it has Windows 8, l hate Gmail. Emma sent a friend of hers to ask me if they could borrow a needle! I gave him one, it always amazes me that these Alky's have nothing but the socks they stand up in. Michael the town drunk wanted me to help him to pay his electicity bill every three month, l aske dif he had ancounty court judgemtns agains him or bill owing and he said yes to both l told him he had no chance, l rather think he wanted me to apply in my name, he must think l am daft.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

What a cheek! Expecting you to pay for something you dont use, I would have refused too. My daughter is with eon, she intends switching back to Scottish, eon are terrible, when her meter malfunctioned, they mafe her wait three days with no heating or hot water, and she has two young children. With any luck Peter, you wont need to go into hospital, you sound really fit and able for your age. Its been a gloomy, damp, windy day here, so Sanjay didnt bother rubbernecking through the nets, Have you visited Wilko's website?, I ordered garden stuff, And some toys and bits for Sanjay, much better selection than the shop, and the toys are quite cheap, my Tablet is Windows 10. I much prefer it to the old laptop.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I like Windows 10 but according to Which? Windows 8:1 has the same security set up as Windows 10 but with less refinements. Did you up grade you your tablet or was it installed when you bought it and what if so what make is it, do you like it Windows 10? MS are offering a free upgrade from Windows 7,8 and 8.1 but Vista costs £100. Do Wilko deliver?
I am not a health freak but on the whole not in too bad shape a little over weight at 14 stone 5.10 tall and a girth of 41 " and 77 this year. Billie had her usual play under the covers and then about 4 am she called to come out and we watched the rain together half an hour later she was ready for bed. I wanted to watch some TV buyt she was huffing and puffing under the covers so st 5 l made my dinner, Stew and rice very filling.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Yes, Wilko deliver, you have a choice when you order, collect from store or delivery for £4. Which takes approx 4 working days. The windows 10 is already installed on my Asus tablet. You are the same height as my late husband, but he never weighed more than 11 and a half stone, he was built like a greyhound, and could eat as much as he liked without putting an ounce on, lucky guy. He was always told he was underweight, but as he was fine boned and wiry, I doubt if he was. Anyway, he was always cold, Peter, in the hottest of Summers he still had to use his electric blanket, and if that's what happens when you're thin, I would rather be plump!. Santa appears to be hibernating, or maybe the stairs are putting him off going anywhere. The wind has been 30 mph here today, and very damp, dismal, Sanjay over extended playtime by flying several laps around the sitting room, not much else to do on such a horrid day.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I was playing through the hymns this morning to make sure l knew them and Billie was banging her bell and babbleball so l turned round to see what she was doing and l caught her bouncing up and down she was enjoying the sound! She was upset that she did not have a long stay under the shower and as soon as she got back (on my shoulder) from the bathroom she was skinny dipping in her bowl. When it was time to leave to go to church she kept flying to my shoulder so the next time l ducked she did a u turn in mid air and landed back on her cage. When l got back she was more interested in lunch and she had a dry bread dipped in soup but when l was spooning up the last l saved her some on the spoon and offered it to her she ate the mushroom but lifted her head and openned her beak she wanted to pour the rest down her throat, after washing up she wanted to be covered so l played with my new phone, and then watched Tv. But after she wanted to be uncovered l went for a walk on my return l could see her sitting on top of the cage looking for me, so l waved to her, but it was not long after she wanted to go to bed and started to moan as soon as she was covered that she could hear the TV! People ask me if l feel better now l have lost weight . "No." I tell them "I feel cold."
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Well, I've thrown my medication in the bin, all the signs of liver damage, and this happened to me before with prescription meds, tomorrow I'm buying milk thistle to repair the damage. Not only that, but I've gained a stone because of it. Sanjay likes a good toon, especially "Hooked on Classics", he bounces and chortles to the beat. Today, he made an attempt to fly out to the kitchen with me, but again, wussed out at the last minute and perched on the chandelier instead, even though I left the sitting room door open for him. Supposed to get strong winds tomorrow, and showers, and I thought it was march which came in like a lion!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Our weather is all over the place, you should perservere with your medication, not throw it away what would your doctor say if he/she knew? Once l went with a list of ailments to the doctor and he very nearly had a fit he put me down as a hypochondriac. I cancelled Netflix last month but they charged me again, so l had to contact them only to dioscover that my suser name had been entered wrongly but eventually they found my accouint and duly cancelled my membership. There are just to many films on the Tv channels. And Youtube has more for free. Billie had a nice shower today l think she prefers the spray bottle to the shower, l shall have to coax her under again to morrow and then l can refill her bucket with sunflower seeds. She has gone off the Wilkco sunflower seed bars, just when l had bought extra!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The last time my medication damaged my liver, my doctor took me off it immediately, and warned me that if the symptoms ever showed themselves again, to stop immediately!, and I have. I like Netflix, the TV films are not to my taste, as I don't like westerns, etc. I like YouTube too, I watch some of my old favourites on YouTube. I bought some Scottish oat cakes from lidl, Sanjay really enjoys a small piece. Still waiting for my Wilko delivery,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie does not like Oatcakes, she has been behaving very strangely today twice she flew to the arm of my chair and wanted a cuddle these end up with a dance she likes me to hold my hand steady just above her hed and she sways back and forth like a demented snail just brushing my hand later she had a nasty hormonal attack sitting crouched up on the floor of the cage the first in over a year, what with climbing down the out side of her cage last week and going onto the floor herralds the mating seaon, followed by egg laying, The coming cold weather might delay things but to come will be cuttle fish bone chomping looking for a nest site so now l shall restrict her diet on sweet and starchy things. She did not poop much thuis morning but l gave her a cheshnut anyway but she dropped it so l picked it up blew on it and pretendred to eat it and then gave it to her, she took it from my hand and then threw it as far as she could!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

We waited in again today, with Sanjay rubbernecking and getting excited over every person and vehicle, but no delivery, probably tomorrow. I hate to tell you, but there had been some naughty behaviour in the cherry tree's, by wild birds, so its definitely that time of year. I wonder.if Billie was breeding stock before your neighbour had her?, we found with female dogs, the "experienced" ones were little hussies!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Wilko will have to do better than this if they want me to order on line. I think Billie is about 8 years old l have had her about 4 years l think she would have been too young to lay eggs before l got her but it was strange that she started to lay that first year. Judging by the pigeons in the park breeding is never far from the cock birds mind what ever the time of year. Billie was a bit put out this morning when l uncovered her felt she should have a lie in and spent it on the bottom of the cage l just ignorred her. How ever she did poop nicely off the cage so l gave her a cheshnut. I have added sweet potato to her diet not that she eats it, l wont give and corn on the cob until she starts to lay or after, today she had been on the lfoor and had a couple of cuddles and she makes me laugh when she sways back and forth like a fart in a dance, after lunch l covered her up for an hour but when l went for a walk l took the ciovers off, she was very put out by this and insisted l covered her when l got back but she relanted at dusk and for half an hour we sat watching ths sunset. Kissing and nodding at each other.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The delivery came, give wilko their due, they send e mails and let you know, I am very impressed, the Banana leaf toy, and the Traffic Light are brilliant, the traffic light stuffed with veg and seed, in a wooden chewable log. The driver (they use Nightfreight) was shattered, and glad this was his last drop of the day. The warehouse is based in the Newark/Nottingham area from what I can make out. I've had online orders from them before, mostly garden stuff, in fact, I don't remember them having much for our birds back then.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Wilko here l come, well soon. Did you see that the River Thames burst its banks? I can remember standing on the embankment at the Temple underground station and watching the water flow over the top of the wall into the steet it was awesome, they had closed the Temple station with steel doors, this was in the 70's. Went to the Pets at Home in New Oscott today and bought the monthly shop, they did not have much for birds and a shop assistant reckoned buying on line was best, but there is a minimuim order I think she said £28. When l got back Billie was very anxious to go to bed but she stoked the hold and then we exchanged kisses watching the sun go down and then l started to cover her. But l dislodged the water bottle and as she wa son the bottom of the cage l put my hand in, "Crunch" no it would not go back on the cage by now she was a lower perch and reaching up gave me a nip, which hurt and bled, l screamed and showed her the blood she came up to the top of the cage and said she was sorry she had not meant to bite me that hard. I let her off and we are good friends again. I feel like writing to BirdTricks and telling them that if l wanted a robot l would use a clicker, Billie and l have a very good relationship she steps up if she wants to, these people who use clickers to train birds forget that in the wild no one uses a clicker!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The only article I read on bird tricks was about discoloured beaks. We tried clicker training with the dogs, didn't work. so I never tried with Sanjay. No minimum order with Wilko, I put the traffic light in today, he has scoffed the amber light already! But, when all three compartments are empty, I can stuff figs etc in them and he chews the wood, which is very strong. My little grandson has to have a little operation soon, and he will stay in overnight, he is scared, I have ordered a toy tablet and phone, except it isn't a phone, they both have apps, which help with spelling, reading etc, they were half price, otherwise I wouldn't have afforded them, so, with a get well card, Jack should soon forget his sore bits!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Once he has had one op it will be old hat and no worries, hope he gets better soon. Parrots is out and some good articles, how to make a Vegeatable pasta, l know if l go to all that trouble Billie will turn her nose up at it and l shall have to eat it myself, no thanks. A shock the first case of Avian Malaria fever has been reported at Banbury that is too close for comfort, a burning question answered do Arcadia lamops cause sunburn on parrots? No.
An article on how parrots learn and then an article right up my street "Parrots and their social security." Some tame parrots were released into the wild some died from hunger as they had never learnt how to forage, some died as predator bait, they had never leant how to defend themselves if they escaped. Most escaped parrots miss human companionship and end to land on or near humans and get taken back into captivity. Which is a blessing, how ever l can see a parrot who does tricks of counting colured wooden disks show off their skill after ascaping to the other birds and getting a reward of a nice fate worm. Some hope. Then an article on insects, I wonder if Billie would eat maggots? Not bloody likely if l bought some l would end up eating them myself. What is worse than finding a maggot in an apple? Then an article on Parrot's diets. A letter from some on whose Alexandrin parrot is into ceral boxes, Bilie has gone mad on any box l hide millet spray inside. All in all a good read this month do not miss your copy.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I shan't miss it, my newsagent keeps it for me. IRN's which have colonised in the UK were either aviary or cage pets once, and Sanjay would certainly give wild birds what for!. As for that disease, pet birds are Less likely to succumb whilst they live indoors. I tried Sanjay on dried mealworms once, no joy, but I binned them, I certainly wouldn't eat them myself, eeeooow!. The traffic light is still a source of unending entertainment, I stuffed a dried fig in the empty hole, and he had a whale of a time foraging for it. I found guavas on the market yesterday, much to Sanjays delight, bitter gourd, and rugby ball papaya, he gets a big slice in one of his bowls. I don't see the point in cooking for a bird, like they get cooked food in the wild?. Sanjay is a seed eater, and that's what I concentrate on, fresh seeded fruit and veg,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Lucky Sanjay. Billie tried to masturbate on me today so l shoo-d her off my shoulder and decided it was time for a weigh in. The last one was in August last year when she was 275 grams well she put up a gallent resistance beak and claw and l got severely bitten but she weighed in at 278 grams a little over weight! There is no doubt we are heading for some egg laying soon might be able to make her wait until March, after the shooing she had an hormonal attack only lasted 30 seconds, l try and distract her. Also for lunch all she got was a corner of ryevita Crunch and in disgust she dropped it so l relented and give a corner very small of my cheese on toast no cheese, she was happy with that and then ate her corner of ryevita crunch and finished up with a little fat free yoghurt. I have tried her with Guavas but had to throrw them a way. It was MissK who said we should sample the food we give to them, surely not meals worms?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I don't need to, I know what Sanjays foods taste like, well, most of them. I like pink guavas, but the white ones are too full of seeds for me. What a bitterly cold day today, in the wind, and thick frost first thing, just when I thought we had got away with it!. But I found an Aquascutum cashmere coat, brand new, in a charity shop for fifteen quids!, worth several hundred, traffic light still going strong! It's saving on millet,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

What is this traffic light you keep mentioning? I used to travel in Ladies Fashions, for awile l travelled in Ladies Underwear it was all right in summer but freezing in winter, l am sure l have told you that before , please pardon the repitition. I think l will buy an Acafia floor lamp for Billie but after the breeding season is over, more sunlight now will only hasten the egg layaing. You can buy some nice stuff in charity shops, my friend Ant was always buying things from the charity shops he knew them all.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The traffic light came from Wilko, I did describe it to you, a log of wood, three holes stuffed with seeds and veg, Red, beetroot, peppers etc, Orange, carrot etc, Green, with green veg, he hasn't emptied stop and go yet, but he's working on it!. I dug out the electric propagator today, and sowed Ageratum, and Sweet Rocket (flower, not veg), It's lovely to see the evenings draw out. Sanjay has been singing songs. The Arcadia lamp is brilliant, and the bulbs last a long time.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie is showing the early signs of breeding climbing down the out side of her cage, wanting more cuddles swaying and rubbing her chest on my jumper, card box stripper etc the days drawing out will only encourage her to lay it is only a matter of time but l do not want to buy the Acadia lamp and stand just yet because if if l did and switched it on l think it would only hasten the egg laying, yes you did esplain the foraging holes to me but l did not connect them to the traffic light. Had a good clean up today in the LR, Billie likes scratching like a chicken l think it is part of the breeding thing but when she scratches she showers my carpet with the debris inisde her cage. Billie sings a lot when she is on her lonesome but is mute when l am around l try to encourage her by whistling and sing the occaisonal song but to no avail.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Maybe she is shy, Sanjay likes to show off. Well, you cannot fight nature, lamp or no lamp, it hasn't encouraged Sanjay to do anything extra, it's good to know he is getting vitamin D, and other benefits from the lamp, my husband said he thought Sanjays colours seemed to improve. I thank my lucky stars I don't get eggs, I probably would if his cage wasn't so tall and perches so high up, but the floor is such a long way down, he Never goes near it.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie's cage is more a sleeping cage l open the top all day so she has plenty of room to flap her wings and fly around the room but she does like me to cover the cage after lunch so she can have a private play, and then as dusk approaches l close the cage and then cover it up. She flew to the floor this afternoon but had a quick look round and then flew back, she had a little shower this morning in the bathroom and l also spray her with the bottle, drops of water were clinging to her until like a dog she shook them off while sitting on my shoulder, l got drenched! I put a cardboard box in her cage this morning but she started to break it up so l took it out and promised she could have it back after lunch, l kept my word. She has had loads of cuddles and swaying today to many to keep count, a prelude to egg laying is the chomping of the cuttlefish bone, but so far she has just ignorred it. The beauty of her cage is that it has a plastic bottom which slides out and is so easy to clean in the sink daily.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Ah yes, the days of his nursery cage, when I could carry him from room to room, and had a slide out base and roof which opened. But he was like Topsy, he growed and growed!. It was a lovely day today, and lovely evening, long may it last!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I took my walk early and at the furthest point suddenly remembered l had a presciption to pick up and that doubled my walk, still it is all good fat burning. I gave Billie a big box today and she got very exasperated it would not stay still to be bitten! But I put my finger on the cage to remiove some fluff she thought it was a game and bit it, blood every where and she was worried that she might be in trouble so l had to reassure here before l could stem the flow.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

She watches far too many vampire movies, Apparently men should exercise before eating and women after eating to lose weight. If it didn't hurt so much I would walk more. It was another beautiful spring day again. I sowed seeds on Tuesday, and they're up already, in my propagator!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Must be something in the earth. Wet dsimal day here on and off rain, stayed in all day,
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It's not the plain compost, it's the bottom heat. More sprouting today. Sanjay kept hovering in front of the glass panel above my sitting room door, we put fablon "frosted glass" sticky back covering on it, so he can't see through, and there's very little reflection, so I don't know What that was about!. Yes, murky dismal day here too, but quite mild. He still hasn't finished the traffic light thingy!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

How is Santa? Billie has three calls for me the first is "Pip" means alright to uncover me or cover me" the second is a long trill ehich means come at once, and the third which sound like a magpie l call the Indian death rattle means if you do not come now it will be curtains (Crem type) for you! She also is very polite she sits on my shoulder when l am at the organ and nudges my ear and that means is it all right for me to mastubate on you? And l tell her "No" and "Do that again and you will go back on your cage!" And "Get back on your cage!" I hold my arm up so she can climb back up my arm, she is very good. If she wants a shower she will fly to my shoulder as l am about to leave the room, but the really funny gesture she has is that if l offer her some thing on a spoon she does not want she grabs the spoon and pushes it away. Or if it is liquid she tilts her head back with beak open for me to pour it down her throat.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The key to communication with all pets, is body language, we had dogs who would signal for us to go indoors from the garden, if the phone was ringing, and we couldn't hear it. Sanjay hovered again today, I realised it was his shadow which was triggering it, so I closed the curtains a bit, and he went and perched on the curtain rail for a while. The wilko banana leaf toy has been demolished!, but I will have a look to see if I can fashion another toy out of it's remains tomorrow. Sanjay doesn't "do" spoons, but likes to scrape his yogurt from a clean finger, Santa is a recluse, he doesn't even come down to empty his mail box, his sitting room light Burns all night, it doesn't matter what time I get up for the loo or whatever, his light is on, so I guess he's an insomniac, probably sleeps all day.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

A bit like Emma she sleeps all day and wakes up about 4 and starts shouting l just turn up the tv to drown her out. Billie has been going through the cardboard boxes like nobodies buisness so l rolled up some hard card board and hung it from the top of her cage it swings just clear of the floor and it is a great success, she started to scratch around on the floor of the cage bumped the cardboard roll it swung and came back bumped her she went balistic it kept her amused for an hour. I put a whole cheshnut in her cage this morning and she at some of it, l was quite pleased she foraged for it so l am including more items for her to forage.