All registrations must be approved by an admin. Having problems with registration? E-mail us at indianringnecks@gmail.com

Billie2

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Billie2

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:04 pm

Poor old Billie she is very hot, she pulled the last of her under feathers out, she had a shower this morning but did not want another this afternoon, she sat out in the garden for an hour but kept rolling her eyes although it was in the shade. She put up with the floor fans but l switched these off at bed time (Hers)

sanjays mummi

Re: Billie2

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:09 pm

The day was a scorcher, it was like walking into an oven when I went out, so I closed the curtains as well as put the fan on. Sanjay soused himself in his clean water, which comes from the water chiller in the fridge, but didn't show much distress, poor Billie. I think the rest of the week may be a bit cooler.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:06 am

What happened to Thursday?

Just renewed my subscription for parrots l get a free gift and one month free cannot be bad

Cooler today, how are your new neighbours? My downstairs neighbour Emma has a mouth like Mersey tunnel and voice like a fog horn.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:45 am

Still haven't moved in, unless they are giving notice and packing, maybe. Sanjay stayed out for an hour just messing about, giving an ornament the "aye aye" look, when he is unsure of something, funny shapes with his body too, made me laugh, then the low swoops and hovers, plucking up the nerve to land on me, but wussed out again. Storms forecast for tonight, reminds me of Germany, where every day was a scorcher followed by a wet stormy night, in the summer. The duck egg blue paint I bought for my little hallway looks a bit dark, There is a lot of white with the doorframes and doors, so do I risk it? Or should I stir a bit of white emulsion into it?, hmm, I shall probably go with it because the doorframes etc will break it up, it will be lovely and fresh anyway. I will make a start tomorrow, it will probably only take a day to finish, as I use one coat paint. There is a rather loud family next door, which I often hear, and the Croatians above me have carrying voices, even when they're talking normally. I hope the fog horn didn't upset Billie. And, I hope she isn't scared if you get the thunder storms.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:54 pm

I listened at the door but Billie seemed to be fast asleep so l left her to dream. Actually l am in a quandry, she wants to be covered at 1.30 pm with the first cover and an hour later with the thicker fleece. Should l make her wait so l can have more of the living room to myself she huffs and puffs if l sit in it after she has gone to bed.

The catch 22 is that if she thinks it is spring with more daylight hours will she start to think about eggs, nests and mood swings? Or shall l leave her early bed times as they are in the hope she will think it is still too early in the year to lay eggs?

It is no sklin off my nose to let her have the LR at 3 pm l can go for a walk and work on my computer when l get back.

I did ask the fog horn to be quieter, it took a large dose of Umbrage, and shut the front door. However mostly Emma is more reasonable. Did you know a croatian is called a cravat
although l did hear of one who was called Fred.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:59 pm

These two are called Dan (Slobodan) and Memo, but I can't pronounce Memo's full name, let alone spell it. The new neighbours arrived with their kit and kaboodle in a van, he asked me to charge his phone (no electricity), I pointed him in the direction of a socket in the communal hall, I don't pay for it. I wasup at 4.30 am, filling the water filter jug I saw a red sable fox trot past, the storm and rain had passed by then. What on earth can Billie be up to behind the cover?, seriously though, the climate and her bio rhythms cannot be fooled. She knows exactly what time of year it is. Sanjay hasn't dropped anymore feathers yet, maybe it was a false start. Yes, noisy nuisances do sulk when asked to behave, like they are the aggrieved party and not you!, would she prefer you to go behind her back by complaining to the HA?, I always ask nicely first before taking matters farther. The new neighbours have installed a rotary clothes dryer in the garden, I know what will happen, other people will start using it thinking its "communal", I expect tears before bed time!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:02 pm

Our gardens are comunual but some people pegged out an area and called it theirs and got up tight when people started to use their garden furniture the HA made them clear it up and we went back to the communual idea. But I think poeple ought to respect other's space, they sit on the wall below my bedroom windon laughing and joking, screaming and hysterical laughter all l can do is play a punk record or some gospel on full volume that moves them on! I had thought of throwing a pan of water out of the window and hiding but thought that was too drastic.

Poor Billie l moved the cage with out thinking about the bowl of water in her cage and it slopped she was sitting in a pool of water and worse as l was listening to the Tour de France on head phones there was an almighty clap of thunder and l could her her crying out in alarm, so l uncovered her and offered a safe refuge on my arm with a cuddle until she had calmed down. She was cold but was pleased that l had emptied the tray of water.

Judging from the noises coming from under the blanket l think the has an escape tunnel. A couple of weeks ago Emma threw a booze party and the shrieks continued, so at 4.30 am l went down in my bath l sleep in my bithday suit and steep my teeth in a glass of water. I rang the door bell and asked them to stop making noise at 4.30 am they laughed and turned up the volume. I have loads of differnt ear plugs some work better than other when l spoke to Emma about this she just said her friend thought it so funny l should ring the door belll wearing only a bath robe.

There is good news a neighbour spoke to the nosie makers and since then they have been pretty quiet or they cannot stand my punk record.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:31 pm

When stationed abroad, a civilian worker would take his dentures out and leave them laying around in the kitchen, so some wag set them in an individual jelly!, made the guy eat the jelly sans teeth to get them back. If noisy neighbours disturbed Me then laughed at my complaint I'd dial 999, they Are breaking the law!, maybe that person has told them he'd report them to the HA.
I painted my hallway yesterday, that Duck Egg was more kingfisher, and definitely too dark, So I mixed 1.5 litres of the Duck egg to 2.5 litres of white, the result is a fabulous eau de nil shade of aquamarine. It took me 8 hrs altogether, but as I'd started at 5am, I finished in good time to do Sanjays housework. The thunder didn't trouble him, he is quite bomb proof. It is set to be a cooler week with showers, so it should be more comfortable. The new tenants have dumped an old gas cooker behind the bins, they will have to pay the council to take it, our estate manager takes a very dim view if tenants don't dispose of their tut.
I ordered a takeaway today, fish n't chips, Sanjay was very pleased! He just Loves the crispy tail.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:45 pm

What a tale, lucky Sanjay,

Emma was up at 5.30 this morning she let the door slam several times and banged around in the kitchen, but l got up at 7 am letting my very loud alarm clock ring twice before oops l let my door slam shut. It went very quiet down stairs l thought she had gone out. It seemed to be my fate today to let the door slam through out the day. Emma stired at 2.30 pm and l made a big effort not to allow the wind to catch the door any more and l closed it quietly. She has been very quiet this evening.

We had extra bins green and blue tops with our old bin grey top, it does say on the outside what should go in but who reads that? l just bung it all in the grey top.

Last wek l bought this lovely satin finish steamer from Wilco but they did not have any parrot sticks so shall have to go tomorrow as Billie is down to her last one.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:32 pm

We only have orange lidded recycling bins and grey ones, fortunately since I've been using ths orange ones, others have followed suit. We have green ones for garden waste, I make my own compost in mine. I went to the Asian store today, but the block of cheese I bought is extremely salty, I may try soaking the worst of it out, it has the consistency of Lancashire cheese, quite crumbly. Its immaculately clean in the store, all the butchery is done in full view (except the actual deed!), so you can see how hygienic it is, and the staff are very polite and friendly. I asked why they fast at Ramadan, it is so they can experience what it is like to go hungry, like the poor, our politicians should try it methinks. Apparently there is a huge amount of poverty in the USA, one of the wealthiest continents in the world, I was shocked.. Sanjay has some beautiful golden yellow Courgettes, as they did not have any bitter melon today. The new neighbours are very quiet, not seen or heard, but it may only last until the end of their starter tenancy, then all hell might break loose!. The "child" in flat one is avoiding me too, hopefully through embarassment at his behaviour, .Well, its pleasantly cooler now, best to make the most of it!. I have stopped buying Wilko seedy bars, they break off the sticks too easily, and end up wasted, I have complained.so, he is just having millet as a side.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:47 am

You're the one that complained! Now all the seed bars have been with drawn, none broke up for me.

Billie has laid an egg, l thought l would take it away before she got used it is but oh no she started to make little where are you beeps so l put it back. She kicked out a plastic toy so l threw it back and as luck would have it it hit the egg and dented the egg. Oh well l expect she will lay another.

I have cut back on her diet no more corn cobs, she was not invited to share my lunch of soup and toast, and today l bought a load of cabbage and corriander and stuff. No more nesting material. I had put in a screwed up newpaper which she shredded, she can have a wooden stick to chew.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:08 pm

Well, it was on the cards, Sanjay had shed another big feather, its a very slow moult this year. I only complained to the local store, so there is no reason to suspect it was my complaint, they've probably sold out for now. I put fresh batteries in babble ball today, and he gave it a good hiding!. Fresh herbs are good for them, and Sanjay gets cinnamon sticks to gnaw, the Asian shop sells packs of really big ones. Billie would make a lovely mum, I feel sorry for her in a way, but obviously you're in no position to breed, anymore than I am. I am quite content to leave that to the ambitious experienced folk.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:37 am

How do you like your egg in the morning Billie?

Raw

Empty shell. But the down side is thatshe is lopoking for a nesting site she wants to come down from the cage onto the floor, l let her go down but chased her back to the cage but that did not stop her, so now l shall have to keep the cage shut until the need is over.

Notifications are not getting though and now emails are also not getting through just in case could you send me and email? I have sent you one.

They shed feathers through out the year not just a molt, Billie drops one now and again mostly flight feathers, Wilco man said he thought the supplier of parrot stick was out of stock!

You meam breed parrots?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:26 pm

I received and replied to your e mail. Sanjay moults Once a year and little Jack collects his feathers, they are cleaner and prettier than the ones he used to pick up in the street. Mr and Mrs Magpie were showing off one of their offspring today, they live at the bottom of the garden. I find it odd that Billie would want to nest on the floor, given they nest in hollow tree trunks high up.
I received a grovelling apology from the child in flat 1 today, his mum had given him a flea in his ear too, apparently. We are back to Sanjay shouting back at the wild birds in the morning, I keep telling him to mind his own business, but no, he has to add his two pennorth.When I do his housework now, he preens my hair and nibbles my sleeve, getting very bold!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:14 am

Your email has not arrived yet.

Billie was sleeping on a high perch but just recenely she squats down in a corner of the tray, whether to get out of the light or draft l know not.

Billie laid agin last night and thinking it could be the start of a run l put the nesting box in her cage, and put the egg very carefully into the box, but she got the egg wedged into a corner so l got some spagnum moss and wet it and put that in with her egg on top.

Later she wanted to look for a new nesting site and l kept telling her no you have a nesting box you are not going to have another site. I turned th box around to look at the egg but she has punched a hole in it and there was yolk all over the spagnum moss. YUk!

So l cleaned all that up took out the nesting box and she came out for a cuddle. I lnow she cannot have sweet food, and cannot share my food she was very upset when she heard the M/w and could not partake as l ate it out in the kitchen.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:59 am

Its called tough love, like when my grandson has a tummy bug and has to fast except for liquids, "but I'm starving!".
Anyway, another tatty feather today, this year he seems to be discarding the tat, and keeping the smart feathers. I will try sending an e mail via this page.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:41 pm

Nothing came through l have checked my entries in the control panel and they seem to be in order, other people use my email address and there is no problem maybe it will sort itself out.

Tonight's the night for egg laying l put the nestting box back in but she wanted to sleep next to it in her little corner. She virtually goes into the hamster cage by herself, she loves going outside, it was a bit chilly at first but after the sun came l moved her into some shade. But she want the sun so l moved her back, l think she wants a tan before xmas.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:54 pm

The UV rays and vitamin D will do her the world of good. How strange, I received your e mail yet you did not receive mine. Maybe Billie doesn't fancy laying again, we can only hope. That's another thing, If Sanjay is a wee hen, I have never experienced these problems, at five years old, surely they would have surfaced by now?, so after reading somewhere it can take Seven years for a male to get his collar and tie, I am waiting another two years before I can state he is definitely a she. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, and it would be nice if it turns out I wasn't lied to. The local church is having a fete tomorrow, only two hours?, usually they're an all afternoon jobbie, I am a professional Tarot reader, and often give my services for free to charity events, but Its just not worth offering my services for a paltry two hours. Never mind, I shall go if it doesn't rain, I may find fresh garden produce for me and my little friend, or a bargain.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:23 am

Yes we have no egg, she has gone three days between laying and once went 17 days before she restarted. So all l can do is hope she lays no more this yer.

I sent an email to the Mod saying l do not get notifications, emails, what can they suggest.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:35 pm

So far so good. The fete was a fate, shrivelled tomato plants, dirty tatty books, odds and ends of bric a brac, sigh. I don't know why they bothered to be honest. Sanjay didn't ask for a tickle today, he just wanted his abode cleaned asap. The young couple next door found a fledgling on the pavement, made a little nest and are watching it, also, its been drinking water from a spoon. We are hoping the parents are coming down to feed it.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:41 pm

My church gave up on fetes, they used to bring in £3000 but gradually that fell off and for all the hard work that went into it, in the end it was not worth the candle.

No egg again today. Is this the end of the egg laying? No on your Nellie, she still wants to get on the floor and look for a nesting site, l had to lock her in when l went to church and the lady who gave me a lift wanted to stay on untill the end of the end so poor Biile was cooped up for three hours.

We went out into the garden for half and hour in the sun, then we came back in, and l played the organ she kept flying to my shoulder and tried to masturbate on me and l kept on putting her back, fat chance of playing the organ!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Poor wee hen, she seems to spend so much time with this, isn't there Anything the vet can give her? Or suggest?. Sales at the shop have fallen since I left, probably because it is such a muddle. I agree about the work involved, We organised many a dog show, but, honestly, its the quality which is lacking, it isn't as though there are no keen gardeners in this area, or knitters etc, I don't think enough thought goes in, the leaflets bigged it up, so I was expecting better.I am sure Billie didn't mind being indoors for three hours, she probably caught up on a few things. I gave Sanjay a spray today, and when we shared a tickle his plumage was lovely and soft, and a slight waft of rose.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:19 pm

Poor wee hen be blowed, its me that has to put her back on the cage each time, today it was too wet to go out so l persuaded her to go to bed early. 2 pm!

She has bashed a hole in the egg, ready for a midnight feast l was so careful today not to touch it. She was on her perch this morning but would not let me take the nesting box out everytime l made a move she sat with a leg either side of the egg, so l got the message.

She had a shower in the bath room, there are so many electical things near her cage that l dare not spray her there.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:48 pm

Have you tried giving her a hard boiled chooky egg? Then whilst she is nibbling that, remove the offending stuff. No big papaya until tomorrow but they had bitter melon and fresh figs. The rain was just drizzle and it was very sultry. Still, the garden needed it. I forgot to check on the fledgling, I won't forget tomorrow.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:16 pm

she is too clever and would notice the last time l removed the egg when her back was turned she went round making little noises "Where are you?" sort of thing. No l shall have to wait until she has finished laying. 1 egg (eaten) 2 days later another egg (eaten) 4 days later another egg but still intact but l think it has a hole in it, l have not dared touch it.

I doubt the fledgling will make it. I was a bit late this morning and l got told off soundly the fuss she made any one would think the sky had fallen on her. Then l went out shopping and shut her in, the look she gave me when l got back would have frazzled an egg. I thouight it would cheer her up in a spell int he garden but same drizzle that drizzled on you drizzled on us

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:48 pm

Tis nasty weather, and my daughter has a chest infection because of it, as her GP said, mild damp weather helps bacteria to thrive. I bought some slices of water melon, himself absolutely loves it, he still gets half a cantaloupe or galia in a bowl though. I sprinkle his feather up on them. Cuttlebone went down the little red lane nicely too. Moon change on Thursday, so hopefully there will be a return to garden sitting weather then.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:59 am

All of a sudden l get a notification but it was for Billie, they say it is the jet stream too far north. Billie did not like Melon. No egg, but she made an awful fuss when l took her nesting box away. "Lay an egg and you can have it back!" Wail wail wail.

She had some cod left over from supper and some mouldy cheese but when l offered her some boiled egg she took one bite and backed away from the spoon!

We sat out in the sun for an hour and half very pleasant.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:55 pm

It certainly has been lovely today, my Dahlias have shot up. Mouldy cheese? eeeooow!. Just as I predicted the child man in flat 1 wants to use the rotary clothes dryer belonging to the new folk in flat 3, people are So predictable. Half the fun of owning a pet is the fact they are not.
A car alarm went off today it was very loud, and a very strange sound, Sanjay froze!, when it finally stopped he sidled along his perch to have a crafty look, which made me smile, he is a very curious little bird.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:33 pm

Billie is the same; she is happy on the bottom of the cage and a car door slams outside and she is up like a shot and peering out of the window! The man came to mow the grass today the petrol driven rotary mower made a dreadful noise, I think Billie pretended she could not hear anything.

Well she laid another egg last night that makes 4 one l broke one she broke and two intact.
I put some moss in the nesting box but she kicked that all out next l tried some shredded paper in her cage, she tried to kick that out but got some wrapped around a foot l gently pulled the paper and she lifted a foot so it could come off. Another time she pulled the paper off herself. But the eggs l had carefully laid on the shredded paper she had moved them off, now they sit on the bare cage bottom, she did try to sit on them. Skye said once she starts to sit on them there is no more laying but she might lay again

Read all about it!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:14 pm

The best laid eggs O' hens and man gang aft agley. Never mind eh?. May as well let her do her own thing, she will anyway. Sanjay had a fresh cooked king prawn today, he pinned his eyes, lifted his little head feathers and clucked with excitement, he didn't eat all of it tho'. The shredded paper and foot reminded me of my female Samoyeds, if we were out on a walk and they got a thorn or bramble in a paw, they would stop dead in their tracks and hold the offending paw up for me to inspect and sort out, once done they carried on walking. I hate seeing pigeons with that nasty nylon netting caught around a foot cutting off the circulation.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:13 am

I live five miles from Winson green and it a common sight to see pigeons with out a foot possibly where a prisoner has tried to capture one.

Here is a good thought Parrots is out, some good stories, Rico's retrun to health, mutual verbal communication, Rosemary Low thinks about parrots whose owners die and other good articles, rush out an buy your copy.

The assistant housing officer Lylette Wiggins came round today for a health and safety check, and met Billie. She was very good and went straight into her cage, After Lylette went l could niot stand the sight of the dirty cage any longer so l moved Billie's eggs and took the cage apart and washed the base in the bath.

Good.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Yes, his could do with a good scrub. Woken by banging, the man child couldn't open his flat door with the key, a malfunction inside the lock, fortunately I still have the hammer drill and other diy paraphernalia, and he was able to drill a hole around the lock and punch it out with hammer and chisel, the HA have done a temporary patch up until he gets a new fire door. Karma for behaving so disgracefully towards me at Litha (midsummer). We are due an electrical safety check, they expect me to pull my heavy appliances etc out of the way, they can take a running jump!, that's what started my sciatica off in the first place!, the sparky can shift it himself, at least Sanjays palace is on castors.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:28 am

Billie's abode is the same, we haven't had an electrical check for donks. When the elctrician comes have a walking stick handy to lean on, and he will take pity on you.

Emma one day last year could not open her front door and she panicked banging and kicking it. I went down and said put your keys through the letter box and l will open it from outside, no problem.

Those fire door cost over £200 and before Emma came the police kicked the front door down, and the HA paid for a rotten job cost £40 but l bet the workman claimed £200+!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:55 am

Flat 1s door has Always been a slammer, everyone who had lived there has had the problem, Wickes do an internal fire door for £30. The fireproof paint costs more. I use a stick anyway, but last time the sparky said I had to shift stuff because he wasn't allowed, due to elf and safety, I woke up next day in absolute agony, Sciatica lasts Weeks and Weeks, and never completely goes. I shall pick up my copy of Parrot mag on Monday when I go shopping. Years ago, we had a dreadful woman in flat 1, small, very obese, and one eyed, she was a foul mouthed alcoholic, one night she accidentally fell into the empty bath tub and couldn't get out, four in the morning we heard her yelling, called the fire brigade, and they took the framework off the wall surrounding the door to access her flat, she actually received a bill!, wasn't at all happy about it, but while they were here they may have been needed at a genuine emergency, eventually she got kicked out, and died a few years later, (three Weeks after being evicted, she came back, absolutely bladdered and smashed the flat windows), she was 57 for goodness sake!. I'm just thankful Sanjay didn't pick up her vile language!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:38 am

Bloody and Bugger are the strongest words l use, l have to tell people not use strong language because l do not like it, to no avail!

Tenants come and go l have been here for 26 years and seen plenty, most HA have to take bad tenants from the council housing list, we do not for some reason but never the less we get quite a few.

Two weeks ago Emma put out a settee the only good thing is that it plugs a gap in the hedge, some people were using to bang on her widows.

I had my Health and safety check by the Housing Officer, Lylette, I heard Emma refuse her visit. Last year they picked up that l had put up a shower without tile-ing the bath room so l craftily took the shower down and hung a larg bath towel up to hid the wall fittings. She missed it.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:08 pm

Naughty!, the Croatians have a tap connecting shower on their bath, no shower curtain, several years ago water kept staining the wet room ceiling, when I told them and showed them they said it was My problem!, so I reported it, they were so obstructive, ths repair guys had to force their way in, the bathroom was awash! And the tiles were either broken or completely missing. I didn't get an apology tho'.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:53 am

Neighbours are funny peculiar people, l was talking to one about the governemnt cut back benefit l thought it would make some of our drunks seek work, and was off on a crusade so l said he should go and get a job but that made it worse. We don't talk to each other at the moment. No skin off my nose!

When l first moved here l lived in a flat downstairs and one day water came through the ceiling but the tennant was away, so they brokle into his flat to fix it and sent him the bill!
He was livid, l told him it was his fault he should have given the landlord spare keys.

The penalty for living up stairs is that you get all the smells from the flat below, but the advantage is you can leave your windows open all day all night.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:28 pm

True, but my bedroom window stays open. The fledgling died, the parents didn't come down and feed it, I suspect it was ejected by mum for being imperfect. Mygrandad had a one legged chick, he shut it in a shed with its mum, and let her do the deed. Got talking to a woman in Wilko today, said she was the president of local parrot society, but she didn't know what a ringneck is? Hmm. My magazine wasn't in, never mind they keep it for me.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:21 pm

I don't meet interesting people in our local Wilko.l did buy a lovely 3 tier steamer all stainless steel £20 good value for money. Had to leave Bilie while l went shopping, she was not concerned, Going back and forth she treid to follow me but flew back to her cage when l returnd whe wss no where to be found I called and searched the flat then l saw her on the lower shelf of the cage.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:44 pm

Playing hide and seek!. The woman was a bit of a bore, to be honest, and when she didn't know what an IRN is, she gave me the third degree, "are you sure she isn't a Senegal?" "what about an Eclectus? Is that what you mean?", I just wanted her to leave. Another scorcher today,Sanjay wanted the squirty bottle and I obliged.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:41 am

I thought it was a bit on the cool side, we had a big rain storm today but later when it cleared up l went for a walk around the park.

Billie has to wait until August 20 the last time she had eggs they were in the nesting box and l got fed up without seeing her, so after the 28 days were up l threw her eggs away, but this time she does not want her eggs in the nesting box but sits on them on the cage floor.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Electrical safety check tomorrow, I've told them I won't be pulling things out. We had heavy rain too, after I watered the garden yesterday evening too.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:16 am

Don't you know that if you water the garden it will rain?

Billie enjoyed a boiled egg for lunch l ate most of it but ate some of the the yoke but prefered the white which reminded me of Jack Spratt who could eat no fat and his wife who could eat no lean. Finally we have her eggs in the nesting box.

I seem to remember that the last electrical test we had only check on the landlords stuff.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:34 am

I needn't have worried, he did all checks on the circuit board, and these checks are every 5 years. Poor Sanjay was in the gloom for a bit, as his UV lamp was off, it took two hours in all, I gave him some fresh garden peas, in the pod, he adores them. I hate disruption, so does Sanjay, but it wasn't too bad, If you clean windows or wash a car it is a "Rain Dance".

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:06 pm

I remember l had a new cicuit board intalled and if there is a short it throws a switch, my coffee maker overflowed and wet the switch the next time l turn it on the switched turned off.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Yes, and it makes finding the problem much easier, by elimination. It tipped down with rain all day, and the flat felt chilly, so I had to put the CH on low. My magazine hadn't come in on Monday, so it will have to be this Monday coming, I'm not making a special journey for it. Has Billie stopped laying yet?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:08 pm

I looked into her nesting box this morning and now there are 4 eggs so she laid one in the box, that is a first as all the others were laid outside the box. She is still chomping on the cuttle fish bone does that mean she is going for 5 eggs?!!!

She is very much a creature of habit, she come up for a cuddle first thing in the morning, she likes a shower when she wants one. After l have cleaned the cage refilled all the bowls she like me to be in the room when she eats afterwards she goes up for some orange segments l have put out for her. By squezzing the middle she gulps down the juice.

There is nothing for it you will have to buy Parrots on line, you get a free copy and a free DVD! Besides it is cheaper than buying from a shop and you get it early.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:32 pm

No, it wouldn't fit into my mail box, and if its put through the door, I might never see it. The newsagents are very good, they keep it on one side until I'm ready. Sanjay was in a strange mood today it was beat up mummi, he kept dive bombing me from the chandelier and after I'd complained, I got jingly balls dropped on my head!, but he was quite affable with it!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:06 pm

Sanjay wants to play games, Billlie does that with her poo, yesterday she begged a ride on my shoulder and then pooped all down my back, she is a dear really she gives a little call before she poops and then gets a big well done! She loves pooping in my bath. And will often say yes to a shower so she can poop.

Neighbour problems last night yelling, shreiking, manical laughter, loud talking did not stop until 5 am, should have used ear plugs and turned up the hifi. however woke this morning
and turned on the hifi loud, Emma sleeps until 4 pm but this morning she was up at 10 am.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Serves her right!, before my GP gave me Amytriptiline for the PTSD, I took Nytol, and it worked a treat, along with ear plugs, of course, don't need ear plugs now everyone here is law abiding. Sanjay doesn't splat outside the cage now he goes just before he comes out, and doesn't go until after he's gone back in.It poured with rain again today, I'm not getting the carpet shampooer out until this weather settles down, probably after the blue moon on Friday, (a blue moon is when there are two full moons in a month)

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:38 am

That is good to know, Blue moon.

Awful problems with Norton had to unistall it now have Microsoft secuirty essentials.

Emma likes to go next door to Everton's all night drinking but she called rape on a blackman who has helped her a lot in the past and now she is not wanted at Everton's mind you he punched in the face when she called him a "Nxgger" Emma is a 40 white lass from Oldham, thier gain our loss,

It can only get better!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:49 am

I was introduced to my husband by a black mutual friend we swapped details as to how long we had known him etc when I quite innocently said "Taff isn't as black as he's painted" foot in mouth, but it was laughter all round, he went on to be our best man. got my mag today, your'e right about the articles. Sanjay thinks he's in heaven fresh figs And passion fruit!, is it yuletide?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:39 pm

I tried passion fruit and fresh figs pm Billie no dice! However l was a bit late getting my lunch today, Billie made a song and dance look silly so l had to miss the end of the news and get lunch, Mushroom and chicken soup and x2 toast, hers had a scrape.

This moprning she flew to my shoulder (After she had pooped) and l thought she wanted a shower, but she was hanging onto my shirt and as we went out l saw a pile of poop on the bathroom floor, at least it missed me!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Yes, and a good job you didn't step in it!. We had a quiet uneventful sort of day, with Sanjay feeling quite affable, he even nibbled my eyebrows when we had our usual tickle and scritch session.we shared a piece of brie at tea time. I bought cuttlebone yesterday, it lasted right up to this evening, for a change!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:34 am

I wedge some cuttle fish bone in the Large perch she just helps herself when ever she wants some.

She likes a cuddle first thing in the morning but only a limited head scratch, but lunch time she sits on the edge of her cage with her tongue hanging out. It was a boiled and toast, I dropped the boiled egg on the floor before l had got the shell off so l used a spoon to get to the white. She was more interested in the toast and marge.

Her throws were becomine very tatty so l bought a new one from Kleenex.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:30 pm

I didn't know Kleenex did throws I thought they only did tissues Sanjays covers are king size cotton flat sheets, black.ones,.from Primark, Today he had a skewered hard boiled egg with his bitter gourd, he prefers the yolk. Have you managed to shed a pound or two yet?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:38 am

They have distributors who put a catalogue of household items though your letter box, you order and leave order and catalogue outside for them to collect and few weeks later they deliver your order and you pay them. Betteraware used to do the same thing but is only on line now.

Nice day today. Latest update on the weight loss is 47" waist from 52" five weeks ago,
and 16 and a half stones drop from 18 stones starving but managing to live on 1800 calories

Billie had egg and toast too how she knows the time l do not know but at 12.30 she was on top of her cage flapping her wings, l told her it was too early so she went down sat on her eggs sulking. But as l cooked the egg and toast she was up eager for her bit! Cheese and ryvita tomorrow for lunch. Last week she grabbed the small piece of cheese and went to fly off with it but l managed to grab it back.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:45 pm

That takes me back, one of our Samoyeds had spent the day at the vets having her hips x rayed, when we collected her we were told "she won't want to eat, because of the anaesthetic tube making her throat sore", so we went home, fed the others then sat down to eat boneless kippers, all of a sudden, one of my kippers slid off my plate into a very peckish little mouth!. I think you mean Kleeneezee, I haven't seen them for decades.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:22 pm

If l had a shilling for everytime l knew what l meant when l said it l would be a milllionaire by now. Funny enough a distributor put a Betterware catalogue through my door so I ordered somethings. No Blue moon tonight too cloudy.

One of my neighbours knocked on my door this afternoon she had lost her keys so l phoned the HA and they phoned back to say 1 to 2 hours for the locksmith. So l invited Annette in but thankfully it was only half an hour before he came.

Billie was getting ready for bed but she likes Annette and came out on the top of the cage, but l was ever so pleased when Billie flew to my shoulder.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:15 pm

The moon was fabulous last night, she was officially full at 10.45 this morning, but will stay full for a couple of days. Only locked myself out once, and my mobile phone was in the flat as well, but a kind neighbour let me call a locksmith, our HA does not supply locksmiths, they just break the door so you can get in etc, I didn't mind paying to keep my door intact. Sanjay was playing out when my bell rang, it made him jump! And he took refuge on top of the chandelier, it was only the postie with a parcel for him upstairs, I dumped it on the stairs.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:39 pm

So you have a common front door? Not the best arrangement when l first moved to Birmingham l was in a shared house and my benefit cheques kept disappearing, after getting into a fight the other tenant called me names and so l punched him! He complained to the HA and they moved me to the other side of the city!

Billie was quite happy sitting on her four eggs when the Binmen arrived the reversing truck made a wicked noise Billie was out and up before you could say Jack Robinson in a force nine gale at the south pole and she was bossing around on top of her cage. She is a real nosey parker.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:41 pm

When I first moved in they were squabbling like infants, accusations of stolen giro's etc, ridiculous because ID had to be produced before the PO would cash them. So I contacted the HA and requested mail boxes. Someone is letting off fireworks, which seems a bit ott.
Sanjay was in a peculiar mood today, I was putting figs and passion fruit in his cage and he was hissing at me one minute and making thank you noises the next! Funny little person!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Billie does not hiss, she mews like a cat especailly in the mornings when l go to uncover her,
She can sing beuatifully standing on tip toe, when l go to the kitch l can hear her talking to her mirror image, she has taken quite a fancy to orange segments, she squeezes and lifts her head and swallows the juice. l think it must be good for her Vit C. As fast as l put them ontop of her cage they are gone, after drinking the juice she throws the segment on the floor hers or mine she does not care/

And yet the Post Office are not fussy they will cash stolen Giro's without thinking.

August 20 is the dead, line for her eggs, 28 days this year l shall wait and see if she abandons them, they are safe and secure in her nesting box.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:08 pm

I'm surprised they haven't gone off!,our PO is very rigid about ID, plus, this area is like a village, they know everyone by sight. It's been a glorious day here, but I had to soak the garden this evening. Sanjay politely nibbles orange, but prefers his vit c from kiwi.
The fireworks last night were very beautiful, I wonder if it was a party?.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:01 am

Fireworks are very popular at Birthday parties. Billie on the other hand or claw does not like kiwi's can't say l blame her, the Hucka is not to my taste.

She went skinny dipping and although the water was not very deep she managed to her front wet. However she refused a shower l managed to get her into the bathrom but she would not go on the clothes horse so l gave up the attempt.

Went shopping this morning the new Argos catalogue is out, could buy it all if l had enough money.

Gone are the days we would sit out in the garden, three years ago l got Billie then l was sitting in the shade in the afternoons, it amazing how quickly the tlme goes/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:22 am

Wait until summer gets properly started, because it's going to be an Indian summer this year. What is "hucka"?. The fireworks it turns out, were at the end of the annual concert in the park, I have never been, but I could probably sit on the verge outside and listen, if I wished.Sanjay had a shower the other day, I let him tell me if he wants one, he starts splishing in his water bowl, wings lifted, as soon as I produce the misting bottle he hops on to a perch, spreads his wings, and gets ready for a good sousing.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:14 am

The all blacks, a New Zealand rugby team stasrt a match they do the Hucka it is an aboriginal war dance.

Emma had visitors last migh who arrived at 11.3pm and left at 5.30 am. Mostly they were quiet but kept moving around, l had the overhead fan on which makes a wicked noise, my Dyson cool which also makes a wicked noise, my hi fi making sweet noise but loud ear plugs and still they woke me up from time to time. The night before l slept 11 hours in one go.

How Billie copes without ear plugs beats me, she was a bit slow in wakling up this moring. Well only 15 more days to the official end to the egg stitting/ but l will let her stay on for as long as she wants last year l took the eggs away after 28 days.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:38 am

Sanjay is in raptures, I went to the market today and they had guavas, full of seeds, I don't know how humans can eat them. You definitely need ear plugs And Nytol, it worked very nicely when the drug dealer had several humans and a Staffie in his flat, who never slept at night.We also had blackout curtains, because every excursion in and out of the building, which was dozens of times, involved switching all the security lights etc on, which shone directly into the bedroom window. I can sleep eleven hours at a stretch but I am stiff with pain by morning, which makes getting up awkward. I have to roll some of the way!, it must look quite comical.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:54 am

A bit like a roll mop? Billie has takento pooping down my back so l won't let her sit on my shoulder l wonder if l rubbed her beak in it would she stop?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:04 pm

Eeeeooow! You could try draping an old towel over your shoulder. Sanjay won't sit on me, so at least I don't have that problem. Guavas and Passion fruit today, it was funny watching him, because he was really spoiled for choice, didn't know which one to attack first!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:02 pm

I wish Billke would eat a great variety of foods , l hung a toy bucket in her cage just to put sunflower seeds and she tucks in every day. When l first got her sunflower seeds was all she was offered, at least she gets a wide choice of foods.

She flew in my direction this morning so l ducked and she had to return to her cage but she did not seem put out by this.

But at the end of her egg sitting l shall limit the food choice she is offered to stop laying again. It is now 2 years since l first got her so much has happened that it seems much longer.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Well, as a suggestion no more cooked porridge with syrup,raw oatmeal is ok. Sanjay didn't know what fresh food was, until I got him , he came with Wilko parakeet mix in his bowl, and I introduced him to fresh fruit first, when I put his first big pointy pepper in his cage, he ignored it at first, when he eventually tried to sample it, he was too little and puny to break into it, so then I bought the tiny ones, until he got bigger, a book I purchased about the species, recommended sweet corn pones, and he took to that no trouble.It's been a question of trial and error, but he is pretty much an omnivore now. I had him at 8 wks, Billie may have already been set in her ways when you got her. We rescued dogs like that, they only sampled things when they saw the others eating them. How sad is a dog who has never tasted a Bonio.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:55 am

For me?

Billie does not get such treats now a days, when she was under weight last year l did give some porridge made with milk but when l weighed her later she was too heavy so she had to go on a diet, the last weighing came in at 260 grams which l thought was reasonable but l have not weighed for 6 months or more. When she has a double chin l will weigh her again.

Nine out of ten dogs that have tasted a Bonio their owners say that they prefer a bonio.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Or a raw carrot, or a banana, our troop had catholic tastes too. Anyway, if guava is fattening my little fwend will be as round as a tennis ball soon. It's been another warm day here, and my five feet tall gladioli are starting to flower.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:34 pm

What are you feeding you Gladallover with Parrot Pooh?

Billie stinks to high Heaven she has not had a bath for ten days but only 10 days left, but l do not know what l shall do if she does not abandon the four eggs, last year l took them away from her, l told her "Enough is enough!"

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:53 am

You will just have to confiscate them again, maybe then she will want a nice shower. I feed my garden with manure pellets, usually chicken manure in autumn, but this time it was horse manure pellets in spring, even the Dahlias are as tall. Sanjay gets a bit down in the beak, moulting, so it is extra playtime, and favourite nosh.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:21 pm

She shies away from a water spray, and flies to the curtain rail when l switch on the shower, her only intent is too poop in my bath, but at least she is refraining to poop on my shoulder. She calls me when she wants to poop on the cage and then gets "Well Done!"

I ordered some dummy eggs but l think I cocked up the order by not including my address, we shall see, if and when they arrive l shall swop them over with the real ones which are stinking me out. You can thank your lucky stars Sanjay does not lay eggs.

Billie has been eating very little recently but today she made up with visits to her seed bowl and seed bucket, the fruit bowl, the oranges segments

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:51 pm

I thought they would whiff eventually, what a pity birds have no real sense of smell. You may not need dummy eggs, she might start rejecting them sooner this year. Sanjay, If female doesn't really have anywhere to lay eggs, the floor of his cage is feet away from his perches and he never sets foot on it.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:45 am

If Sanjay were a female she would start looking for a nesting site, some female birds can be hell. Billie did start looking but she know l will produce the nesting box as soon as she start laying and l did afterwards she gave up on a new site.

This morning when l woke her she came up the side of the cage with two eggs stuck to her so quickly sprayed her with water and one dropped off, the other l had to tease her feathers before it came free. I gave her extra sprays but she was not happy about that. I took out the nesting box and washed it and carefully checked the other eggs by sniffing each one. There was one dummy left so l put that with the others all back in her box.

Then l refilled all her food bowls and she came up and ate form each, l put up a new parrot stick from Wilko have you seen them yet? After she had finished eating she retreated to the nesting box and l could hear her juggling the eggs around, just as l was about to play the organ she went for a dip in her water bowl, so l invited her to the bathroom for a shower she loved it climbing up and down the clothes horse, at the bottom she sat right under the water spray soaking in it up, eventually she came up wringing wet.

She flew back to her cage and dived down to see her eggs. Later as l played the organ she flew to my shoulder and sat there preening. She looked happy. I think she was very depressed when that egg was smelling and refused baths and showers. They can smell, she makes a song and dance out of my farts but when she farts she thinks l should not notice!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:03 pm

I've never heard or whiffed one from himself. He Must be female surely? Or he'd have a collar and tie by now, but someone did say it can take several years. I'm pleased milady consented to a shower, and the whiffy eggs are no longer causing a problem. I didn't look at the pet area in Wilko on Monday, you have piqued my interest I will check it out this Monday when I go shopping. I hope the plastic sticks are stronger.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:51 am

I found an egg outside her nesting box thinking it was one l had not put in properly l put it back in but there was a funny smell so l checked all her eggs and found another one with a hair line crack so l took it out and threw it away, but l now think she put it out herself however she has one dummy egg and two of her own.

Later today the new dummy eggs srrived so l tried to put one in her box as she was sitting on the others and the look she gave me made me shrivel up so l took it back out. Tomorrow l will have another look at her two eggs and put 2 dummy eggs to see if she will take to them.

Thursday nest week is the dead line for 28 day s of incubation so l will start a massive clean up giving her cage and tray a good scrub. She has been tucking into the parrot stick from Wilco she seems to like it.

Its either a collar or eggs, my money is on a collar.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:57 pm

Thanks Peter, it's taken a while to accept he may be a she, but love does not alter where it alteration finds, (Shakespeare). What a dismal day, the rain has made one of my gladioli bow under the weight of rain, I will try and get it staked tomorrow if it's dry out.That new couple who were supposed to be moving into flat 3 are sub letting, the housing manager is planning an unexpected visit to catch them out.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:45 am

We have had a rash of new tenants l think one at least is sub letting sometimes they are not ready to move in and let friends use the flat until they are ready. There is one empy flat where a man died and no one knew it was the window cleaner who noticed the flies. The poor man had been dead for about three months right through that hot July.

Did you see in the news a council flat that is worth £1.2 million?

Billie seem quite happy with the dummy eggs, tuesday next is the 28 day dead line but l hope to let have a week two extra.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:03 pm

My older sister had been dead all weekend when her kids found her, it's horrible isn't it?. I think property is woefully overpriced, in 1964 my parents paid £1.100 for a large terraced house, it sold recently for over £60.000.
Anyway, I had a lovely takeaway for tea today, and himself enjoyed shares, I don't like hot spicy food, and I'm not a lover of pizza, so we had chicken and chips. I managed to stake my gladioli, which are the same height as me 5'6"!. I know the nights start drawing in again after June 21st, but this is ridiculous!, the miserable weather makes it appear darker, earlier. With dummy eggs it doesn't matter how long little Missy takes, because at least they don't whiff!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:40 am

Parrot mag is out and there are some interesting articles. Will not spoil your enjoyment by telling all.

My parents bought and sold 5 houses from 1939, their last was worth over £1 million but my sister grabbed all that along with the contents, my father had left everything to his wife and my mother (and sister) cut me out of the will. Still it is over 37 years since l heard from them, all l can say is good riddance. I have been on my own since l left home aged 40 and now 46 years later do not miss the home life. I prefer my cooking, its that or go with out!

Billie did not want a shower today but she did want to poop in the bath, l told her even l do not do that! Too late. I do not like spicy food either and l regret l do not like curries or the smell of them.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:55 pm

Ah, now, Have you tried Thai green curry?, I promise you it is lovely and fragrant, depending on which make, it Should be mild and creamy, that is one curry I can tolerate. Gosh! You left home quite late in life, as for families, grrr!, I didn't inherit what I Should have, either. But there is no point in being bitter, there is nothing worse than vultures at funerals, (the human variety) but every family has them. I won't get my mag until the 21st or there abouts, Billie can be quite bloody minded, can't she?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 am

I hate funerals, every body knows that l am not going to my own!

I think Billie has been taking lessons from Sanjay, she dived bomb me this morning l would not let her sit on my shoulder, l kept telling her "Poop first" And when she had she was no longer interested in sitting on my shoulder, even this afternoon she wanted to go to the bath room, and l would not let her as she poops in my bath, so she retreated to her box and sulked.

Mother did all my chores, washing my clothes and cooking it was great living at home despite the snide comments which l just ignorred, but one day mother took the bull by the horns and we went to look at flats to rent, in the end, in 1979 l got a housing association flat rent was £8 a week!

After l lefthome my parents moved to Scotland to be near my sister and her family. Such is life. Mother got very old and cranky late in life so l do not begrudge my sister keeping the inheritance. Even when my sister was very young she had a piggy bank and charged for doing house chores, me l just did what l was told.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:52 pm

I'm surprised you did not cut the apron strings sooner, didn't you do national service or something?. A similar story here, my widowed mother developed altzheimers, so an aunt to her back to Ireland and put her in a nursing home without letting me know, when I finally tracked the old girl down, she was so bad I couldn't talk to her, the nursing home staff didn't know I existed, aunty had put herself down as next of kin!, she then died, so when mum finally died, everything went to my cousin, whom I hadn't seen since she was 14.months old. So I didn't go to the funeral, and told my cousin to cremate her, it wasn't what she wanted, but the way I saw it, leaving My inheritance to that aunt wasn't what I had wanted.
Sanjay has been affable today and very obliging, chortling along to the hum of the vacuum cleaner,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:12 pm

The jury has returned those parrot sticks from Wilco are worse than the earlier ones. Billie was able to chomp her way through a bar in a night.

Had to laugh today after l shut her up this afternoon l went for a walk on my return i put my head round the door and asked "Are you all right?" She said no so l let her out she wanted to fly to my shoulder but l ducked, "You are not pooping on me, poop on the floor!"
And l pointed down, she only looked to see where l was pointing!

We had chicken and mushroom soup today for lunch along with to two slices of toast, Billie likes to lick flora spread off her toast but l gave her a piece dunked in the chicken/mushroom she liked it so much she turned the piece around so she could get the last of the soup.

she wanted a shower this morning and made all the right noises but as soon as she got on the clothes horse she pooped and worse after l had cleared that up she wanted to go back.
I told her she was a wicked bird and she hung her head in shame.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:41 am

I looked in Wilko, the shelf was virtually bare, maybe getting ready for new stock. I was in the kitchen, sitting room door closed,.himself was out, sitting on his door waiting for fresh nosh, when I heard my mobile phone start to ring, so I dropped everything and dashed in to answer it, it Wasn't my phone, it was himself doing impressions!!,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:33 am

Good old Sanjay, nice one.

Billie can mimic my phone but only makes the telephone sound when she hears it, she is not very vocal, today is the 28th day and the incubation is over. But l want her to give up the eggs. When l was in our local Wilco l bought all the parrot sticks they had perhaps some one has done the same where you are.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:51 pm

More than likely, but hey ho, if Billie can scoff them in minutes, Sanjay can scoff them in seconds. I took delivery of my first flat screen TV today, just a flat size one, I couldn't believe how light it is!, almost broke my back lifting the small old analogue one out, I've donated it to charity. Anyway himself adores packages, like a kid at Christmas!, all agog!. I hope her ladyship gives up on her eggs soon, then you can both get back to normal.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:05 pm

She was willing to leave her eggs and came for a shower and got very wet and pooped in my bath but as she had not pooped on me l let her off, we had a poached egg but afterwards she wanted to be covered up at 12.45 No way l made he wait until 2 pm but she was whining like a dog so l half covererd her until she started to whine again so at 4 she got all the covers on but half an hour later she started to whine again it was the tv this time. I just told her to shut up but decided to go for a walk but it started to rain so l came home but by now it was getting near to dinner time.

Billie dived bombed me this morning but like Sanjay Billie loves parcels, she sits and and watches me open the box, l usually give her some of the packing to chew on. I turned her nesting box round so l could look in but she did not like that and after dive bombing me she started to whine so l turned it back anything for a quiet life!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Billie makes me smile, with her whining etc, she knows how to get your attention. I changed my hair colour back to my natural colour, but because he hadn't seen it in quite a while, he pretended I was a stranger, and did all sorts of evasive things like shooting on to the back perch, flying up to the chandelier etc, I just ignored it and carried on as normal, finally he decided I was still his mummi and came down for a scritch, I'm sure a lot of it was just for effect.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:03 am

I thnk they are very clever and play along with us, Billie wanted to be covered up at the early time l.30 and l just pretended to ignore her. But when l did cover her at 2.30 she pretended to ignore me!

I was going to make life hard for her to force her to give up her eggs but l changed my mind, at the swop shop and got a mark two and that told me to let her be.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:05 pm

If they're dummy eggs and don't whiff, I would simply let her get on with it, she will soon lose interest. Sanjay is looking quite dishevelled now the moult is underway, my grandson loves bird feathers, so I'm keeping the clean ones for him. He took himself to bed at 9pm, but I did ask him if it was bedtime, before covering him,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Last night she had two real eggs and two dummies but this morning she came up with one real egg stuck to her so l freed it with the water spray and l threw both real eggs out now she has 4 dummy eggs and as you say she can sit on these for as longs she wants.

I have managed to stretch out the bed time to 2.30 pm but she wails dread fully so l take pity on her and cover her up.

I think her diet may have something to do with the egg sitting, may be in the wild as food becomes scarce so she will give up on the eggs. I read some where that one man's parrot lays twice a year but he clear away all eggs by the end of August.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:48 pm

I don't know, but wild birds are still laying, empty shells on the ground testify to it, and some of them lay right into the autumn, maybe climate related?. Sanjay had his spray today, he was getting itchy and figety, it certainly helped, the day was really muggy. When you think about it, what was said makes no sense, wild birds go a lot hungrier than our pampered friends, and it doesn't stop them, the evenings can be seen to draw in earlier now, maybe that will help.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Once Sanjay learns the pleasure of a shower in the bathroom there will be no stopping him and true to form Billie pooped in my bathroom again, l said to her "Do you poop in your bath?" And she replied "What do you mean this is my bath!"

However she got very wet and l sprayed her a lot with the rosewater, she looked like a duck! I have begun to cut back a little on fruit, just to remind the these halcyon days will soon be over.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:21 pm

I doubt if Sanjay will see the inside of my wetroom, because it is a wetroom, and I'm not taking him in.the shower with me. I shampooed my carpets today, and just above the hum of the shampooer, I could hear an odd noise, so I turned it off to check where the noise was coming from, sigh, there he was doing his Kazoo impression!. He is getting back to his old vocal self again.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:17 am

Billie is not vocal sad to say, but she is my darling, this evening she was making humpy noises and then she came out and siddled down the front of the cage which is her way saying she wants a cuddle, after a quick neck scratch she wanted to go back so l started to cover her up.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:48 pm

You're lucky, my little minky wouldn't go back in at bedtime, I had to bribe him!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:15 am

Last year Billie would not go in her cage and in the end l went to bed and left her sitting on top of the cage in the morning she was still there but she was ever sio pleased to see and went into her cage to eat.

She shows no sign of giving up her eggs, l shall have to be patient. she laid the first on June 18rh but l am determined that she will have to give them up.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:49 pm

You will have to wait out this battle of wills!, My new TV shuts down after a few hours, despite my attempts to turn the timer off, so Sanjays Classic FM would go off while I'm out, I bought a very nice little Bush radio from Argos today, just the job, and it was the last i.e. Got Parrots magazine I loved the sweet little story about the African Grey who said "wotcha mate", I had a tear or two though pets are such heartbreakers.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:17 am

Well some good news, l go out for a walk at 5 pm by which time she is safely covered up and when l get back about 50 mins later l put my head round the door so make sure she is alright, well tonight l uncovered her and she was sitting on her sleeping perch the first time that has happened since June 18th so cross your fingers that her egg sitting may be coming to an end.

Your new tv might be too hot where it is try relocating it, otherwise it will be back to the shop for a refund. I am not sure what Billie listens to while l am out l leave the TV on for her tuned to a wildife program (if l remember!)

Parrots was good.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:54 pm

I found the correct setting to disable the timer, so the TV is sorted. A very fruitful day no pun intended, ths Asian stall had guava, fresh figs, grenadilla, and all the things Sanjay loves best of all. Good news about Billie, everything comes to he who waits and waits......and waits.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:35 am

For two nights Billie slept outside the nestong box, to me l thought she had abandoned her eggs, so l took her nesting box and eggs out of the cage this morning but by the afternoon she is chomping on the cuttlefish bone as if there is no tomorrow and sliding down the outside of the cage, so l hastily re-instated her nesting box and eggs.

She carried out an inspection but spent most of the afternoon out of the box, its anybodies guess what will happen next. She has been eating a lot of sunflower seeds lately, l keep them in a small bucket seperate from her seed bowls, so l thought l would weigh her. I put the scales on the table and she put up quite a resistance so l had to put on the gardening gloves but it was obvious not a weighing day today. But later she came out for a cuddle and while sitting on my arm l got the scales and put them back on the table she knew something was up but l put other hand over her to steady her, and as l lowered her she wriggled free and sat on the table next to the scales, l gave her a little push with my finger and she got on the scales and just stood there. Well done Billie!

275 grams she has been worse, in Jan she was 285 and in April 272 grams following a diet
but all the inactivity of recent months she has put it back on.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Well, at least the laying hasn't left her out of condition. Maybe the cuttlebone was replacing calcium she lost. The moult is well underway, but no tail feathers yet, he is gorging on the guavas, and polished off an entire bitter gourd!,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:20 pm

I take my hat off to Sanjay he will eat anything. I thought this morning Billie looked as if she was going to lay an egg but after a shower ( and poop in my bath) now l am not sure
She enjoyed some ryevita dipped in mushroom soup, and some plain yougurt she holds her beak open like a baby bird and wants me to pour yougurt down the hole.

Red sunset tonight shepherds will be pleased.

Billie has inspected her eggs a couple of times but mostly l have enjoyed her company, tonight she was on her sleeping perch when l covered her up at 3 pm which is later than recently.

Billie might go through a moult when she has finished sitting on her eggs although she had a moult in Jan.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:47 pm

Shopped again today, bank holiday on Monday, so I bought him some plums, and kiwi, enough food to keep that little red beak busy. Sanjay loves scraping yogurt from my finger with bottom beak and scooping it into his dear little mouth, he goes to bed later now, sometimes he takes himself into the cage and semaphores, sometimes I have to bribe and cajole him. His head is spiky, so the tail feathers won't be far away.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:33 am

Billie is still chomping on the cuttle fish bone but no egg, she does not show much interest in her eggs, she bashes them around in the nesting box but sleeps outside on the floor of the cage, she loves sharing my lunch, l bought it all on a tray but had to go back for a knife when l returned she had the lid off the Flora tub and was scooping flora up, but she likes soggy toast soaked mushroom/chicken soup, and for afters a spoon full of yogurt, l have blackberries with mine. She tilts her head back and wants me to pout it down her throat!

She had a wood twig from Pets at home and threw it around as she grew tired of I slipped in a booklet of bible notes, l took out the staples and she was chewing her way through it. I let her sleep late this morning and she was still playing with the notes at 3 pm!

I nearly got caught by a phishing scam purporting to be MBNA.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Fortunately I don't get that with my phone. Its been a typical bank holiday Sunday, gloomy and wet but, hey ho, Sanjay has his own personal sunshine, Have you tried dipping one of your blackberries in yogurt for milady?, Sanjay loves blackberries or raspberries dipped, Billie might just take to them.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:01 pm

She treid some blackberry juice and yogurt you could see her pull a face she puts up with a lot from me recently l took out the bucket with sunflower seeds and merely mixed them into her seed bowl. Also this morning l moved her cage because she is still looking for a way down.

We both prefer it on the other side of the room, it makes more space and she can see the TV better, also at night it shuts out more light and during the day, l can see her. We had a poached egg for tea but l forgot the blackberrries and yogurt.

Yesterday was a nice sunny day but today it has rained all day and is still raining!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:04 pm

Lucky you, yesterday And today was horrible, more like winter than summer. Sanjay wasn't bored, but I certainly was, thank goodness we are back to normal tomorrow!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:32 am

Today we shared a fried egg but she was not keen but made a bee line for the yogurt, even Flora did not get a look in, l had to shut her in when l went shopping because she is still trying to find a way down. Went to the pet shop and bought more cuttlefish bone, and a new toy, a babble ball that makes different sounds when you move it but you have to hit it really hard. She was quite intrigued with it.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Try changing the batteries, Sanjays babble ball babbles at the merest vibration, but is silent if hanging up, so his is attached to his "roof garden" where he plays footie or beats it up.
We bought one of our male Samoyeds a wiggle giggle ball, but after "apologising" to it, he gave it a wide berth. We had sun today, and I played a "Hooked on Classics" CD, and he was off! Chortling and singing along!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:53 am

How lovely Billie is not vocal, but she has got the hang of the babble ball she hits it and waits for the sound after awile she hits it again but harder, l rehung her tubular bell inside the cage to see if she would ring it but no joy yet, she has a lot of toys the best are some very large plastic triangles, she managed to chew through one set. her beak is so strong she has split the rim of a stainless steel bowl!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Sanjay has dozens of toys, he's demolished the wooden bits, but recently he has entertained himself, and totally ignored the ones in his cage. He still plays with his jingly cat balls when he is out.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:29 am

Billie has been bashing the babble ball she loves it. And since l moved her cage to the other side of the room she has taken to flying more which is good exercise. I used a lit candle to check for drafts, it gave Billie an awful fright but there were nio drafts.

The last couple of days she has not been looking for a new nesting site so l am keeping my fingers crossed.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:12 pm

Getting her a new toy was inspired, it seems to have taken her mind off laying. Sanjay is doing a lot of preening, even with sprays, I made some new toys today by salvaging undamaged stuff from his old toys. I wasn't sure if the ultra grooming was boredom or moult itch, he is eating well, and otherwise fine.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:35 am

?????????????

Me: "What's this ere egg doing here?"

Billie: "Hatching?"

So no more treats, no more bread, no more sweet food, no rides on my shoulder, she was pretty upset when she only found vegeatables in her fruit bowl. She had the yogurt and when my back was turned some nibbles at the cheese, no orange segments in fact less food all round/ But l let her keep the babble ball and other toys.

As l played the organ she flew to my shoulder but l took her back and then she flew to my shoulder again so l told her "You do not get rides if you lay eggs." And l took her back she took it out on the babble ball.

They do itch when they moult l used Hallo Vera on Billie

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:42 pm

I can't get close enough to use Aloe Vera, but the rosewater and glycerin seems to loosen things, the first tail feather today, when the dogs moulted, a good strip out and bath really helped things along. Aww, poor Billie, being punished for doing what comes naturally, I can understand no sweet foods, but no shoulder rides?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:00 pm

The only reason she wants to sit on my shoulder is either to poop or masturbate, l put up with the latter when she was sitting on her eggs but now l think it best not to allow either.

She very craftily removed the babble ball from its chain, now she kicks it around the floor of her cage and has a lot more fun. I have left her egg on the bottom of the cage if she lays another or sits on her eggs she can have the nesting box back, the ball is in her court.

The aloe vera bottle has a pump spray Billie enjoyed the spray when she was very itchy.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Sanjay concurs, babble balls are for footie, and giving a good beaking to!, otherwise there is absolutely No play value in them. People in parrot rescue put an old towel or cloth over their shoulder, for shoulder rides. As for the M word, I wasn't aware that was avian behaviour. When dogs hump legs, its a sign of dominance.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:36 am

Since l put my foot down Billie has not asked to M on me, she used to fly to my shoulder and then she push my ear lobe to see if l would allow it but now she no longer flies to my shoulder. And as for poop that is a thing in the past too, but she laid another egg last night, so l got oput the nesting box and put two dummies in it, she went in and arrange the eggs, kicking out all the ripped up paper, and then she ignoered the eggs.

I think this could mean more to come but this time apart ftom putting dummy eggs in l shall leave well alone, even if she loses interest in them. She has been booting the babble ball about, l wonder how long the batteries last? l shall buy some more on tuesday.

It seems M to be normal behaviour for parrots, some more than others. A babble ball is a good alternative.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Sanjay had a lovely time today, walking, upside down on his "ceiling" and messing about on top of my TV cabinet, the new fresh coloured plumage is growing in nicely. I haven't actually timed the babble ball batteries, I change them when it goes silent. Tiny batteries, and about three or four of them, you will need one of those dinky little screwdrivers used for spectacles. The weather was gorgeous here, it looks like Indian summer is here.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:35 am

Yes some good weather, l have a load of tiny screw drivers somewhere, but where?
The Babble ball is still babbling.

Expeting an egg tomorow, but no sign in the under carriage. I shall have to let her have her laying cycle before l move the cage.

I told Billie it would be nice to sit out in the sun if she would stop laying.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:09 pm

The wind's a tad chillikins tho'. Sanjay had a lovely surprise today, the Asian supermarket had prickly pear!, unlike the market stall, someone had thoughtfully removed those pesky little bristles, they are worse than splinters, I usually have to wear rubber gloves to wash and scrape them. When it is something my little friend likes, I don't mind.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:51 am

I have a monster in comparison, Bille loves her babble ball so much that when l tried to remove it to check the batteries she bit me so hard l had to squeeze her neck before she would let go. And l dropped her babble ball into her swimming pool. Look l told her there is another one, but funny enough it has different words, you did not tell me the screws are impossible to undo, WD40 helped, but l did not replace the batteries and only lightly screwed the cover back on.

Bille was a bit off colour this morning, she normally cannot wait until l fill the seed bowl but after l had, she showed no interest in it so l made some crumble from dried eggs but she ignorred that as well, she comes up to the top of the cage and even flies to my hand but as soon as l approached the cage she dives for the nesting box where two dummy eggs sit,
I thought me might lay this morning but nothing.

Strange bird!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:13 pm

No appetite? I hope she isn't poorly!, squeeze her neck?, when Sanjay bit me that one time, I prized his beak apart gently, only the bottom half works, keep that in one place, and the top part cannot close on it's own. I have never had problems unscrewing the babble ball.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:44 am

Well l managed to get the battery compartment open after a big struggle and it started to work so l screwed it back together, Billie did not like the chain on it and managed to get it off now she picks it up by the loop, it is too big for her to hold in her claw but she holds it against the cage while she gets a fresh hold, once it rolled and fell on the floor she wailed so l recued it and gave it back to her. I bought another babble ball but l dropped that one into her water bowl and now it does not work very well, l am hoping it will dry out.

No egg this morning if there are none tomorrow l will move her back, she does like sitting on the top of the cage and bossing about. The oven clean man came and l him asked to say hallo to Billie he said she was a beautiful bird Billie beamed with pride so did I!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:44 pm

An oven clean man?, you jammy dodger!, it's one job I hate.Mind you, I use roasting bags, so it doesn't get too bad. Babble ball should dry out ok, the batteries are probably a bit damp. Sanjay sits on the farthest perch, he isn't easily flattered!, he eyes strangers up very suspiciously!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:47 am

He did a good job and he came to say goodbye to Billie, total cost with £5 tip £55 well that will do for another three years.

Billie in dog house, there was no egg this morning and I promised her a move back if she did not lay again and this morning she was sitting there wistfully looking out of the window from the far side of the room so l moved her back, but later l caught her chipping at a dummy egg so took both away and gave her real ones (2) back while l searched the internet for plastic eggs. I thought that would scotch her egg! I read that one should put all the dummy eggs (5) in the nest as soon as she starts laying and to use a bowl not a wooden box.

So l used the lid of a glass casserole dish and put all five dummy eggs in it but later she was chipping away at one of the dummy eggs again. So she scotched my egg. She now has her two real eggs back in the glass lid. Honours even.

Plastic eggs on order.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:18 pm

She isn't fooled by dummy eggs if she is chipping at them. She may chew plastic ones, hey ho!. Coo!, I wouldn't mind £50 for every time I've cleaned an oven!. Missed my vocation, obviously. Golden dates on the vine, he doesn't care if they are "translucent" or not, he noshes them anyway.we shared an organic blueberry yogurt today, nom nom!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:15 pm

I gave Billie's cage a good clean but she started to climb down the outside which is a prelude to looking for a nesting site, so l hastily reinstated her nesting box put the shredded papper in and her two eggs. But she got the paper all tangled around her legs and l pulled it free , she went into the wooden box and started to scratch around making it it homely.

She can pick up the babble ball up by a loop in the middle and by spreading her claw can hold the babble ball she can get it over the threshold and drops it on the floor and then sqwasks until l pick it up and toss it back into her cage. She stands by the babble ball and pushes it forward a couple inches and dares me to grab it, and if l do she lunges.

On the wrapper it says "Do not submerge." So the next time l go to the pet shop l will buy another because the one l dropped into her water bowl does not work. Amazon told me that the plastic eggs have left China and Billie has made no attempt to chip her real eggs!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:28 pm

Sanjay has dropped two long tail feathers, jack Will be pleased!. I didn't think she was fooled by dummy eggs, too clever by half!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Billie has left her own eggs alone, but only a couple of weeks to the plastic dummy eggs.

She managed to lift the Babble ball 3" over the threshold of her door and drop it onto the floor, then she flew down and stood guard over it. I gave it a push with my toe and she dashed across the floor after it just like a dog, l managed to pick her up on the end of a stick and then grabbed the babble ball and threw that into the cage after her.

You were right about the other Babble Ball drying out, it is not perfect but it is getting better. And Billie is getting better at staying up late before as soon as the sun came round and shone into the LR she wanted to be covered up at 1.30 pm now she lasts until 3 pm, and huffs and puffs until l leave her at 5 pm! Then l go for a walk come back and fix my dinner.

I was hoping Bille would moult that at least would have put paid to the egg laying but she has not and worse she still eats large amounts of cuttle fish bone

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:32 am

Her little body probably needs the extra calcium, laying must take a lot out of her. If you'd seen our female dogs after a litter, you'd have probably called the RSPCA!, I should imagine laying eggs has the same effect on hens. Have you got her on a vitamin and mineral supplement?.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:31 pm

Despite all my efforts to keep her off a rich diet she has laid another egg! The quicker those dummy eggs arrive the better, l have some but they are plaster and she knows they are dummies as she chips them away, the new oncs coming are plastic!

The cuttle fish bone needs replacing, she gets extra vitamins but she turned her nose up at a mineral block and in fact never looked at it. I stopped giving her fruit but have put that back on the menu.

Her eggs are in the nesting box, we went through a similar cycle last year, sometimes she will sit on one or two eggs and leave the others out, it is her way of hatching them all at the same time.

I keep a diary with her weight and egg laying, so it is useful to look back ans see what is going on.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Billie knows what's going on, but she isn't saying!. I gave the palace it's monthly strip and scrub, and himself nagged and divebombed, that's gratitude for you, but as soon as his food went in he made his "thank you" noise, funny little person.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Billie just takes it for granted that food will appear, and when l am late or slow she just sits there and looks at me with sad eyes/ The babble balls still sounds but l think the batteries are running down. If l go slowly and tell her what l want to do she allows me to to pick up the babble ball, but she loves dropping it over the threshold and chasing after it along the carpet. I have reinstated the fruit and corn as it did not stop her laying when l took it out.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:03 pm

Sanjay actually got to eat a wilko seedy bar without half of it breaking off and falling, these new ones are much better , we shared banana yogurt today., and the asian supermarket had prickly pear again. It should be chestnut time soon.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:41 am

Billie likes cheshnuts there are some floating around in the bottom of the freezer, we had an accident today she laid an egg last night and l put her bowl of water down on it and broke the shell, l did try her with a dummy egg but two minutes lates she was chipping it, I bought some spagnum moss and a wicker basket to hold her eggs but as soon as my back was turned she started pulling the basket to pieces so l reinstted the nesting box and stuffed it with spagnum moss but she did not like that and dragged the most out.

The plastic eggs are due to arrive between 19th Sept and 10th Oct. She wont be able to chip those. I bought another babble ball. When the batteries run out in the current one l will have a rpelacement so l do not have to rush the battery exchange. She lets me pick up her ball,

Parrots is out some interesting articles make sure you get your copy.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:12 pm

The newsagent always keeps my copy on one side. Today he has a canary seedy bar, he loves canary seed. I spent the morning planting up my window boxes and hanging baskets with Cyclamen, winter pansies and ivy, with under planted with Chinodoxia and miniature Irises, Sanjay was very patient, and we exchanged "calls" so he knew where I was. Then the heavens opened, so I got it done just in time!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:01 am

Your news agent loves canary seed?

Billie likes to know where l am and l call to her when ever she gets worried. She was skinny dipping in her bowl but accepted my offer of a big shower in the bathroom and she got very wet but when we came back she wanted to do some more skinny dipping!

Yes there was no rain today!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Lucky you! It tipped down All Day!. Sanjay got very stroppy with me today because I had the temerity to take down and wash curtains, and gave the windows a good clean!, I thought he'd enjoy people watching, but obviously not, he squawked and spat feathers!,once the blinds were back down, clean curtains in situ, he was back to his affable self and had a sing song, what a tart!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:43 am

Billie has this sound she uses to call me it sounds like an Indian viper's death rattle but l think it her rendition of a magpie! The trouble is the Magpies are constantly using it and l am rushing back and forth.

Do you get the Northern Parrots email news letter? It is quite interesting. The trees in the park are turning lovely red colours.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:28 pm

Yes, ty, I did. Magpies are wonderful impressionists, I often think Sanjay has followed me down the road, and it's a Corvine mimicking him!. They did brilliant trim phone impressions back in the seventies. The trees, fooled into thinking it was autumn a few months back, have turned colour early, due to the chilly, wet non summer. My late husbands memorial tree is a Ginko Biloba (maidenhair), it's little fan shaped leaves will turn sunny yellow.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:44 am

You said Sanjay plays footie with his Babbleball does that mean it is not on a chain? Billie now has three babble balls the one l dropped into her water bowl, and two others one the battery is getting low. I reattached the chain on one of them and left the other on her cage floor and she prefers the one hanging up, she is like a boxer with a punch ball.

I sat down to see how the batteries are fixed in the water babble ball and Bille flew across she was very interested and wanted to help, as one screw came out she grabbed it and startesd to roll it around her beak and she would not give it back so l offered her the screwdriver and she dropped the screw, l put it where she could not get to it she helped me to take the other screw out and l grabbed that before she could.

Then she helped get the cover off but when she saw the three shiny batteries she wanted to grab them, as l was prising them up she grabbed one and flew off with it, the other two popped out and rolled under the sofa. I manged to get those back and l held my hand under her beak and she dropped the battery into my palm.

But as l re-assemble it the babble started to sqwark, Bille thought l commiting murder and she flrew across and attacked me l had a job defending my hand from her but she calmed down when it stopped.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Ah yes, babble balls are trigger happy, it doesn't take much to set them off!, Sanjays is attached to the bottom of his play gym, but he still gets to chase it around. Billie reminds me of himself when I forget to remove my nose stud, he lifts it out in an instant! , then when he's taste tested it, he drops it, and it is so tiny, I have to use my light up magnifying glass to look for it!, they love tiny things. I tried a prickly pear today, sweetish, and very similar to melon, but full of seeds, which are a turn off, but it's the seeds Sanjay loves.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:41 am

I did not do it up very tight and the top was hanging low so l tried to do it up while it hung in her cage but she managed to get several nips in so l left it, to it own fate.

I'm still wating for the plastic eggs to arrive, but she has not hed any cuttle fish bone today and l am hoping that means the end to the laying.

She foxed me tonight l make her wait until 2 pm to be covered but 20 minutes later she chirped very nicely and l said "No its too early" and she said plain as a pike staff "Oh!" so l covered her up completely.

My downstairs neighbour has been very quiet recently so l have so long may it continue.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:19 pm

Makes one wonder what your neighbour is up to. When I tickled Sanjay today, I could feel the little prickles of new feather cuticles, so hopefully his moult is almost done. I am really pleased Wilko took my complaint seriously, no more wasted seedy bar lumps, this one has lasted a few days.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:37 am

1.30 am l had to shout at some drunks in the car park having a big argument, they said sorry and scuttled away.

Billie has gone off the Wilco seed bars, her big taste at the moment is fat free yogurt.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:52 pm

We dislike fat free yogurts because they are thin, runny, and taste of saccharin, shudder!. So although they are allegedly .better for you, tbh, we'd rather have organic Greek, with berries. Sanjay has literally just finished off seedy bar, so I will get some more tomorrow when I get his millet.
We have Asian neighbours who allow their children to play outside on the road until late at night, even in the dark. Surely they have school to get up for?. And Sanjay grumbles at the racket from behind his cover.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Billie likes a nap in the afternoons and wants to be covered up but l only partially cover her but later in the afternoon she moans like the dickens if l have the TV on l have to listen with head phones.

So she ate one of her eggs, there was this horrible gooey mess in her nesting box l went to throw the last two remaining eggs away but she caught my eye with a stern glare, so l put those back in the box.

Looks like your Indian summer is on its way this week temps up to 25 c this week end your Asian children will be out screaming their heads off. We have Midland Heart housing behind us and their tenants are worse than ours one of them was using a PA speaker for music and worse.

Did you know that Conkers keep spiders away? l have been picking loose ones up. Billie has gone off Millet and the seedy bar. I managed to screw in the screws with the help of some pliers Billie has found that part of the babble ball is loose and has been working on it.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:08 pm

Typical!, a pagan friend tried Conkers against spiders, it didn't work. Anyway, I loved the bit in Parrot mag about the Ringneck who was arrested for being potty mouthed!. The Hahns macaw looks fun to live with, but I do wish the so called experts would cease and desist from the myth that Ringnecks do not make good pets!, I think they should visit this forum.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:37 am

A lot of newbies coming l get lost. I enjoy your emails keep them coming. Billie has discovered her tubular bell makes more noise than the babble ball, she loves bashing it when l play the organ. She loves playing around after l have covered her up, she chews a cabbage leaf into nothing and l gave her a Brocoli stalk to chew on. The autumn Equinox is upon us, soon be Christmas.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Sanjay loves his tubular bell too, it has quite a nice tone. Yes, it is Mabon, the Pagan harvest festival, when nature is getting ready for winter slumber, but we may still get some lovely autumn days. It sounds as though milady is getting back to normal now, at least she doesn't seem to be so fixated on eggs, I do hope it lasts.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:08 am

She ate her last two eggs, well bashed holes in them, there was yolk all over the nesting box. We had a right old ding dong today baffle ball got quite excited as he was roped in as well.

There is a lot of fruit on the trees could that mean a bad winter? She does not want sweet peas, and diced roots leave her cold, apple still gets a score. The corn cob gets a nibble. I think she thought the Yoghurt was off as she turend her nose up at it.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:24 pm

Maybe she just doesn't like low fat yogurt. It's holly berries which predict a hard winter, and there does seem to be an abundance of them, otherwise plants just react to the climate, my roses did brilliantly this year. Sanjay loves sweetcorn on the cob, he likes the little packs of stir fry veg, where you get mini sweetcorn, mini broccoli and peas in the pod, with a tiny chilli pepper, I never give him the spring onion tho'.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:28 am

Recently l have been adding spice and herbs to her seeds she seem to like it. I love the way she bangs her bell and babble ball when l am playing the organ, l am thinking of getting her a drum kit, l wonder if Northern Parrots stock them!

Very warm and very windy this afternoon.

It tried chill and peppers on Billie but she does not like them.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:06 pm

There is a lot of vitamin A in peppers, which they need for their eyesight. Sanjay likes a sprinkle of dried chilli seeds now and then. He scoffed three seedy bars in quick succession today, so I'm not giving him any more for a day or two, he has a bowl of parrot mix anyway. He likes a cinnamon stick now and then too.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:56 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05w9dth very interesting programme on Radio4 Iplayer on parrots.

Billie has not touched the Wilco seedy bay for days, yes l think l will cut backon hte spice but she was rolling dried herbs around in her beak savouring the taste.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:56 pm

Flu jab tomorrow, sigh, have you had yours yet?. I quite like Radio 4, so I will have a look on BBC i player. No more feathers, so hopefully the moult has finished, bundles of dill or coriander are his favourite herbs, and the coriander makes the room smell nice,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:21 am

I asked this week but they said next week and they would phone me when the jabs are in stock.

Always a problem, parrot smells, do they smell? Billie stinks, btw what time do you cover Sanjay up for the evening, Billie likes a darkened cage about 2 pm and a full cover by 3.
Sometimes Billie wakes up with her babble ball l wonder how my neighbour copes?

Billie is shedding her underwear there are bits of fluff all over the place, has Sanjay shed any tail feathers? They are supposed tp be the last ones to go.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:47 am

Sanjay lost a tailfeather two Weeks ago, nothing since, it was such a glorious day I went into town after surgery, what a bean feast for himself, guavas, prickly pears, golden dates on the vine, fresh figs , and bitter gourds. That lot should keep his tummy happy for a while!. We are sent letters telling us when flu jab clinics are on, usually a Saturday morning when there is no surgery, Sanjay goes to bed at 9pm now, it used to be 8pm, he always semaphores when he wants his cover.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:43 am

I have been misreading Billie's signals she calls to be covered at 1 pm but l thought that was the end of her day but oh no she just wants a bird nap for 20 mins or so and when l uncovered her this afternoon she was quite happy until 5.30 pm which l thought was a more resaonable time for her to go to bed, she will get 14 and a half hours tonight if l wake her at 8 am, nothing like Sanjay's day. You know they need 14 hours sleep a day?
I would have sat out in the garden today But Billie did not want to so we didn't.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:48 pm

No, according to my books, they need 12 hrs, given that Sanjay Always naps for an hour or so Every teatime, (no cover) it doesn't do him any harm at all, in fact, when he used to go to bed at 8pm, we could hear him noshing and flitting about, which he no longer does. Don't forget BST, if we didn't mess about with our chronology it would be 8pm anyway.
It was glorious today, himself really went to work on the cuttlebone I gave him yesterday, right down to the last crumb!, so that will keep his beak in trim.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:50 am

Billie has a cuttle fish bone permantly she nibbles it from time to time, l put a mineral block in but she ignores that. After a short play under the cover Bille goes to sleep but does wake me up in the middle of the night with her babble ball. She seems to need the 14 hours although it is more like 15. Now I make her wait until 4.30 before l cover her and when l go into the LR in the morning too early she is on her perch but if bang around she hastily comes down and is waiting on the bottom of the cage.

She really enjoyed the bit of Ryevita l gave but the last bit broke and dropped ont he floor she did not bat an eye lid but continued eat the last bit.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Sanjay likes pumpkin Ryvita, and sesame seed. Another thing my books all agree on, is that IRN's often don't get their collar until they are over three years old. I think five is pushing it tho'. Another gorgeous day, Indian Summer as predicted, little Jack is collecting Conkers.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:14 am

The squirrells get most of the conkers, we used to bake our conkers to make them rock hard.

Billie's dummy eggs have arrived l showed her one and she was intrigued she put her tongue on the surface but when l showed her all 8 her eyes boggled, each egg has a small hole in one end that will cause her problems, but they are solid plastic so should last longer.

She was happily fussing about on the floor of the cage when she heard a noise from out side and came for a look, and was standing on the edge of the cage craning her neck to see as much as possible. A right nosey parker.

Perhaps Sanjay is bisexual? Don't worry until he starts to lay eggs and then scream.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:25 pm

The cage is way too big for egg laying, he Never touches the floor, and has absolutely nothing to nest in, he spends his time sitting on perches or clambering around the top half, so I doubt very much if he would lay eggs if he does turn out to be female. I don't think there are androgynous animals, I've never heard of any. I upset a cross dressing male yesterday, "she" was so obviously male, I said excuse me please, Sir, and "it" whined "I'm not a sir", I replied, You most certainly are!, orange lipstick and stubble?, Sanjay said "Wot!" When I told him.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:31 am

"Wot!?!"

Billie laid an egg from her perch once but that was because she was imature. And she never used to go down to the bottom until l put a perch really low down, she ate that perch and l used the good part to put in the hamster cage we use to sit out in the garden. Now l cannot keep her off the floor of the cage, she likes to sleep on it, She has a plastic tray so it is easy to clean daily.

Billie likes sitting on the door of her cage, this afternoon l covered her up so we could have a doze but 20 minutes late the gardener started to trim our hedges, l could hear this indignant sqwark from under the blanket! When l uncovered her she was sitting on the top perch but wanted to see out from the very top of the cage.

So the jury is still out on Miss Sanjay l expect he is a late developer :o :lol:

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:45 pm

He has a perch halfway down so he can drink and wash his face, but when he had lower java perches he never used them, and they still had to be cleaned, the floor of the palace is a metal grid, I cover it with newspaper, because do do is hard to scrub off. We were woken early by a parcel delivery, it's a lovely warm winter coat for little Jack, Isabels hasn't arrived yet, but I left Sanjay covered, partly because I didn't want his sing song to wake my night working neighbour upstairs. There are side by side pictures of an Alex and a Ringneck in one of my books, the Alex looks much bigger!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:58 am

Billie weighs considerably more than a ringneck, and l think would be bigger her tail is much longer too, when she had the big cage it measured 14" and then add 4 for her body!

Today has been quite exciting, yesterday l, gave her a plastic nut and bolt and showed her how to undo it, during the night she did undo it but today deceided the better way of undoing the nut was to bite it off.

Well she managed to lift it over the threshold and it dropped onto the floor and then she flew down to play with it. She has never flown to the carpet from her cage before, l told her l would allow it if she is supervised. I put some other toys on the floor and she had a merry time chasing after them.

She has dropped two flight feathers is this a moult? She looks itchy so l got out the Feather up stuff and will put some in her food. Next week l want to go to all day conference and l shall have to lock her in until l get back. My downstairs neighbour asked me very nicely if l could ask that nice old man who lives above if he could softly. I shall ahve to use head phones!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:09 pm

Could softly what? We are intrigued, (oo'er missus). Summer at last!, at least until the end of October, "Halloween" is correctly named Samhain (pronounced Sowain) which means Summers End, it is the thirteenth month in our year, and Samhain is New Years eve. So expect all the leaves to drop seemingly overnight.
Sanjay doesn't give a flying lettuce, he has his own personal UV light!, it is always summer in the Palace. Never goes down to my floor, not even for a dropped treat, Billie is very bold!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:40 am

If he could play softly.

Well l turned the whole organ volume down and could hardly hear it but blow me down she has friends in who shout and laugh.

I allowed Billie to play on the floor now she flies down every time l open the cage, worse she has started to bite a TV cable, l shall have to lock her in when l go out but she gives off thess plaintive calls that shrivel my soul.

Better a shrivelled soul than an electrocuted bird. Pardon my spelling.

However it is fun to watch her chase off after the nut and bolt or babble ball, btw Northern Parrots sell babble balls for 8.99, Pets at home charge £7 or two for £5, she stands guard over it and l have to risk a bite to throw it. I threw the plastic nut and bolt into her cage, but she lifted it up and dropped it onto the floor and flew down to it.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:43 pm

Well, as Sanjay says, he can only play with one babble ball at a time, he's had his for many years and it is still going strong. Prickly pear are messy, but not sticky, the red ones stain his java perch with their juice, but a good soak in Milton (babys bottle bleach) and thorough rinse will sort it out. I watched an animal clip programme on Ch 5 earlier, and there were some very comical parrots, including a potty mouthed Australian Sulphur Cockatoo, lots of beeps!. They're worse than children for picking up naughty words,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:51 am

The Macaw we had in the pet shop was taught naughty words by the children.

Billie has got into trouble. We were playing catch on the floor when she got over excited and bit me afterwards l showed her the blood she was very concerned, I decided to teach her what "No" means, every time she looked as if she was goingto fly to the floor l said "No" but every time she did l picked her up on a perch and saying "No"

Eventually she looked at me to see if it was okay but when l said No she tried to climb down the outside of the cage and l shouted at her "Get back in your cage" And she did.
At the last l was able to leave the cage open with out her trying to get to the floor. Let's hope she remembers the lesson tomorrow!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Methinks you're hoping for too much. I had to replace the batteries in babble ball earlier, and Sanjay did his hummingbird impression, hovering just above me because it's His babble ball, he gave it a good beaking to when I put it back.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:56 am

Oh l do not know about that, they are very inteligent, today l was able to leave the top and door open with only one transgression. And when l went to church l left the top open (But turned off all the wall sockets!) When l leave the room she flies up from the floor and sits on the back of my armchair.

She is very itchy in this moult, did l tell you the plastic eggs have arrived so l will have to wait until next year before l can spring thom on her.

Did you find the screws of the babble ball dificult to undo?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:22 pm

No, I have never had a problem with the screws. Well, it looks as though miladys stopped laying at last!, less stress all round.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:20 am

But l cannot use the new plastic eggs that came from China until she lays again! Today she was on the floor all morning but in the afternoon l made her stay in her cage she was trying to work out devious schemes she could get to the floor first by flying to the arm of my chair and flying down to the ground but l was able to use my favourite parrot expression.

"Naughty!"

I think it is the small screw driver which l find difficult to hold

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:01 pm

They can be fiddly. Sanjay has a new ball, like the Guinea pig one but without a bell, it's pink, and he screamed blue murder when I showed it to him, now he plays with it, hey ho, fickle is his middle name!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:28 am

Billie's favourite colour is yellow and her top three toys are a rolled up news paper tied with string and hung from the back of dinning room chair, she gets so annoyed when she hits it and it swings back and hits her, second is a yellow bolt with red nut and her third best is a s red babble ball l have to be very careful when hit the las two as she will bite me but l shepherd them under the roll with a stick so she has to move it to get to them.

Today l had to go shopping but she did get a little play, and after wards l said "No" she clmbed down the outsuide of the cage and l shourted "Get Back and Naughty!" and she climbed back up the out side of the cage.

She has a wicked laugh this morning l took her bowls out to clean and when l came back discovered she had pooped on my chair, "That's disgusting!" l told her and she went "Heh HEh HEh!"

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:33 pm

Oh yes, the chuckle, I know it well. Himself was in a cuddly mood, if there is such a thing with ringnecks, but he asked for a scritch and tickle, and preened my hair, I should have called him Vidal Sassoon.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:42 am

When l got back from my day out Bilie was sitting on the back of my arm chair watching tv
she was ever so pleased to see me it had been nearly five hours. Recently she has not wanted any cuddles or scratching her head but she let me give her a big cuddlel

After a belated lunch she had an extended play and l helped by knocking her toys about she dashed off after them. I let her stay up and it was close to 4 pm before she wanted the first cover and then 30mins later she let me know she was ready for the last cover.

No Sanjay suits him better.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:52 pm

Northern Parrots catalogue turned up today, I rather like the double holders for the jelly pots and the big jars of assorted flavours, his hatch day is in November sometime so I might treat him to those, there is a melon flavour jelly now, the Asian supermarket sells banana jelly and lychee, they do not contain gelatin because it comes from pigs, they contain caragheen, an Irish seaweed, which is a setting agent, my grandchildren love banana jelly.
Did you have your flu vaccination?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:45 pm

By Golly they were going to phone me and no l have not had my flu injection thank you for reminding me! Friday tomorrow l will give them merry hell.

Halloween comimg up got anything special lined up?

My NP cat arrived today too. I quite like the skewers. But here is no point in buying the jelly pots as HM would eat the pot too. I looked at the toys and although they are very nice they would not last 2 minutes with Billie, the same with a snuggle hut she went through a couple of times but bit through the supporting straps. She has a paper roll dispenser and drags paper out all the time.

She had a good play on the floor this morning and l joined in too, sfterwards l had to put the vacuumn clean around to clear up the mess. I blamed her and she blamed me!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:17 pm

My daughter and I hold a dumb supper at Samhain (Halloween) and afterwards we consult runes and Tarot, we never involve Jack or his sister, they have the usual fancy dress, trick or treat silliness, which all children love. We had to adapt the last jelly pot holder, because he could lift the pots out, and invariably dropped them, daddi used a lolly stick and two little brass screws which swivelled and held the pot in place. The Skewers they sell are way too short, which is why I buy bamboo Skewers, pop a peg at the bottom to stop food falling off, and peg the Skewers to the roof bars. He had a bought one in his nursery cage, and it was just enough for him, but now he noshes a lot more, they are inadequate. Ok, flu jab, and warm home discount. I applied for mine last month. The sooner it's done, the quicker we get it.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:02 pm

Right. Flu jab Check, had it today. Warm home discount, l had a letter form HM to say they will pay it, if you do not get a letter by 31 dec phone them.

Today Billie was on the carpet all day, when l did not throw her toys so she could chase them she chewed my shoes, early this afternoon she went very quiet and when l looked she had fallen asleep and was have a bird nap but as soon as l moved she woke up.

She did the decent thing and went into her cage to poop. When it got to 3 pm l thought it was time to get her ready for bed but she was game to stay out but l managed to get her toys into a box and she called it a day. When l went out at 5 pm, for my afternoon walk she was already fast asleep.

She has not shed any feathers for the last couple of days, l was wondering whether they have short molts.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:45 pm

Funnily enough I wondered too, Sanjay hasn't shed anywhere near the usual amount this time. My warm home discount was sorted in September, I had an e mail reminding me to put in for it, which I did, then I too received a formal letter from HM. My flu jab didn't hurt this time, just a slight scratch, last year it was painful and bruised afterward, have you had the pneumonia one?, this is fairly recent, I believe it started in 2013. I must give the palace a good steam and scrub, daily lick and a promise is all very good, but it's time for something more radical. He needs new plastic carpet covering, an Asian shop sells plastic table covering by the metre, it's better than those wilko ones, it doesn't harden when it is washed, and it's only £2.99 a metre. Wasn't it cold today?.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:31 am

Yes l nearly froze when l went for my walk, I opened the Too small box as l changed my summer clothes over for the winter ones. I was quite suprised that l could fit into all the too small stuff, so l wore a windcheater and thin trousers and wished l had put something warmer on. I wore them because l can just get into 42" waist, l now have too many trousers, too many top coats, l hate throwing clothes away.

Her downstairs has not been in residence for a week, it could be because she has a newboy friend. I get a good nights sleep with out waking up to her midnight weanderings.
I still wake up my tummy rumbles of a night something shocking.

I thought l would wash the plastic base of Billie's cage in the bath soon, maybe tomorrow.
The steam cleaner to to be an awful bore, and I have not used it since last year before last.

Funny enough my flu jab still hurts, as for a pheumonia jab l might give that a miss.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:54 am

The pneumonia jab is a one off, and it means you will Never get pneumonia, ever. I haven't unpacked my winter clobber yet, take stuff you cannot use to a charity shop, and then you will have space for new useable stuff. Daddi always wore thermal long johns and T shirts, and thinsulate socks and gloves. I hope your noisy neighbour stays away!. Himself has been very toonful today, I may buy him some hibiscus flower treats, they look yummy.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:21 am

Well the good news is that all the Too small now fit although some of the trousers were a tight fit, I might give some of the clothes to the charity shop but some need a stitch or two. Now Billie spends a lot of time one the floor with her toys she is eating less. You should see her chase off after them when l boot them.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:00 pm

My warm home discount came today, And chestnuts are on sale, so me n' Sanjay had a very good day. In fact he gets so excited he makes me smile, there is no mistaking a very happy little bird!. Sanjay gets stroppy if I touch his toys, even if it's just to pick them up off the floor for him, he definitely doesn't do floors. Don't worry if some items need a stitch or three, at those prices it's no biggie for customers to do a few repairs.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:47 am

Yes l have a zip to sew back in, more blood, went shopping today but did not see any cheshnuts, l think l might make another foray on friday, it is very noticeable that the evenings are getting dark early. Billie has gone off corn on the cob l did buy some in case she changes her mind but it is a good thing to run down the sweet and fatty foods inpreparation for winter, then in the spring to add them back in as a signal to start laying eggs, and then l can use the chinese plastic dummy egg.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:18 pm

The palace was duly scrubbed, and the new plastic carpet cover laid, he took a great deal of interest when I put it down,.You could try the market for chestnuts, ours came from the Asian supermarket, I told Sanjay Billie doesn't like corn cob, he looked quite nonplussed!, he even likes the pre cooked vacuum packed ones I buy when fresh ones are unavailable.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:07 am

Billie was in the dog house after she bit me this afternoon, I was trying to pick up one of her toys to throw it, l put her into her cage while l stemmed the blood, telling her all the time how naughty she is, then l let het out and after l had sat down she flew to my knee and preened her self this is a great honour and l think her way of saying sorry.

Last year there were a lot of cheshnuts in ASDA so l do not have to worry, and as l live on the outer circle, to go into the centre of Birmingham is a drag. Corn on the cob is a stop go thing yesterday she ate most of it the day before none of it.

I did a real stich up job on the zip if it come loose again it is the charity shop!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:42 am

A lot of people dont realise this, but charity shops get money for rags too, anything a bit too past it for sale, goes to rag men who pay by the bag. Those bites sound sore, I am so glad Sanjay never bites. We used to travel to the NEC for Crufts, a long journey, compared to Olympia, but when your dogs qualify it's a crime not to enter them, the owners of a male Samoyed we had bred, were offered a blank cheque for him by an American couple, but his owners flatly refused to part with the lad. We never visited Birmingham itself, apart from Dudley for an Open dog show, as well as the NEC.