Billie

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Re: Billie

Post by AJPeter »

Yep l voted too, the turn out was 67% here which is very good l have known it to be 24% so the polls got it wrong. Again.

Billie is so funny l offered her the percher to step up on she leant backwards and sidewaye and started walking backwards away from it!

And l bought a 14 klg back 0f sprouting seeds well if Billie not like them the ducks in park wont turn up their noses at a freebie. But Billie ate a tray of Mustard seeds so l am keeping my fingers crossed she will like the seeds when they sprout.

Billie does not like Kiwi fruit. She likes apple slices broken up into small pieces, two grapes some chopped vegs. After her "Toy" some millet all wrapped up in a five pound note she gets segments of orange she squeezes them and with her head tillted back dhe gulps down the juice. I discovered that she does not like fresh pomegranites, those that a are few days old get eaten.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Probably because they are riper. Sanjay is very comical when he walks backward, and when he leans backward and walks forward at the same time he has people in fits of laughter. He had Damsons today, the mango I bought from lidl was brown inside, so I threw it away just in case, it looked perfectly ok on the outside.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I tried Billie with mangoes but she did not like them, l also tried plums nice sweet Victoria plums but she does not like them, maybe it is an aquired taste because she rejected the Kiwi fruits but ate some yesterday. She likes her oranges to be sweet. The pomegranite hanging from yesterday look so disgusting l exchanged it for a fresh piece but it made no difference she ignorred both.

We do not get many visitors which suits Billie, Gordon came and he is bald and Billie prefers bald men she sat on my shoulder and bit my ear the last time Gordon was here. Was she saying pack your bags?

I shall play the dawn chorus for her every morning because this morning it was mostly squawks but she did listen to the bird calls
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

When we bred dogs I would play a "noise" tape twice a day, from birth to 8 Weeks, it consisted of hot air balloons, pneumatic drills, thunder, tannoy, and bird scarers, amongst other things, they grew up completely bomb proof. I am "distressing" a few old pieces of bedroom furniture, so they "match", himself is absolutely fascinated, he offered to add his footprints to the top layer of paint, but I politely declined his kind offer.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Himself will not ask again.

I am getting a bit sick of all these remembrance festivals. The words They gave their lives. are a bit hollow becasue they would have been put in prison if they refused to fight, l only did my National Service to please my father. He was upset becuse l was not posted to Mons but cheered up when l was posted to RMAS, it took me a long time before l could tell him l was only a clerk!

Billie refused to talk to me after l got back from church, l was three hours away. And then she wanted to be covered at 2.30 pm l kept telling her it was too early but in the end she got her way but she kept coming to the door and sitting on the cill starting at me, so at 3.45 pm l covered her completely.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I absolutely agree, we were volunteers and dying was/still is an occupational hazard, it makes me even angrier to hear the churches extolling the "god's on our side" mentality, seeing as it is presumably the same god who did nothing to prevent or intervene in the Holocaust. No, war and religion are never ideal bedfellows. Anyway, I continued with my painting etc today, then Sanjay began agitating for his cuddle and fresh rations, earlier than usual. He is still fascinated at what I am doing, can't think why!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

We sometimes forget that eternity is a very long time it is all to easy to count our years on earth as an end yet Jews and Christians for sure have eternal life, l wish when it is my time that l could die with dignity that the jews possessed knowing that our loving Father made their end swift and merciful what good is it to drag our 70 years out to the bitter end fighting and screaming all the way? See Isaiah 57.

God is a merciful God and takes even babies so spare them unecessary evil. Then when we get to Heaven it will be a paradise to live in together, for ever and ever.

Billie hates the percher, she takes one look at it and turns green. I have taken to getting her up slowly, l go into the LR calling "Good morning Billie", l put the dawn chorus on and open the curtains a little she sits on her perch looking like death warmed up, gradually the tape runs for an hour l open more of the curtains allow the light to stream in, the LR faces east so we do not get the morning sun. Billie leaves her perch and climbs onto the cage side and if l am lucky she sticks her bottom out and poops on the mat, and if l am not? Then l have to use a tissue to clean it off the cage.

She likes to fly to my shoulder but l put her back on the cage until she has pooped and then l let her have a ride, it is too early for a shower but we go in to the bathrooms just in case and then into the kitchen she sits on my shoulder in the sun as l prepare the bowls.
She ate some of the sprouted seeds but was not keen. Anyone want to buy a 13.75 Kgram bag of spouting seeds?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Oh dear!, at least the Jamie Oliver packets of sprouting seeds are small!, as a Pagan Minister you and I are not a million miles apart, even though some may think so, we had a cot death many years ago, yes, life is eternal, but I don't buy into the paradise theory, or the Summerlands one either, but I totally believe in reincarnation, having seen it for myself. Funnily enough, I bought a book from Smiths today, "Born Survivors", the true story of three babies born in a concentration camp, who miraculously survived. Anyway, Sanjay and I shared Sesame bites today, sesame seeds bound together with honey, and he nagged for more!, found small peaches, he loves peach, but they are not quite ripe enough, so they are in the fruit bowl rather than the fridge. But he enjoyed pineapple and mango cubes.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

How different is Billie she hates honey, does not like mango, hates pineapple, l only have to pick up the percher and she gets into a panic, she flew into a window and got caught in a net curtain.

I have left the percher perched on a bookcase near her cage. But if she has decided it is a no no then it is curtains for the percher, its like the hamster cage she wont go near that now, and her swing hung from the ceiling well one of these days l shall put my foot down.

Reincarnation gets stuck in my throat but there are so many dark arts l do undetstand such as extoplasm, l feel safer staying well clear and it does not worry me about your pagan beliefs/
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I am very pleased to hear it, Sometimes AJ, seeing is believing, and for the record, Paganism and its beliefs are by no means "black arts".
I still haven't managed to get Sanjay into the pet carrier, hey ho, with a bit of luck we may never need it. We bought Sanjay a so called "shower" perch, its just a perch with a plastic suction cup (actually there are two) on the end, we stuck it to various surfaces, but he avoided it like the plague, so I shall probably take it, and the Giant Splash bath to the charity shop where I used to work.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Your friends in the Charity shop will be pleased to see you, apologies for the Black arts slur, l neither understand Paganism or Black arts.

The town drunks were sitting on the wall outside my bedroom so l turned up the volume of some evangelical songs and they quickly decamped.

I finally got Billie into the hamster cage l tried towelling her but she retreated to inside her cage if she but knows it is a lot easier catching her there. I eased her into the hamster cage and she got up on the perch l put in, and we went outside to sit in the sun, for half an hour it was glorious,one of my neighbours came up to say hallo Billie loved that then the clouds closed in and refused to move so we had to come in and no sooner than we were inside than the sun came out again but the moment was lost.

But like Sanjay Billie has taken a total dislike to the percher, all l can hope is she will get used it in the room, l have a plastic clothes horse and l tied on a wooden perch and placed the clothes horse in the bath and Billie loves that, she got on that perch this morning and l left her while l vacuumed the LR l popped back and she had gone down to the bottom rung by herself. After l had cleaned the LR l went for her she was soaking and let me lift her up with a spare perch.

I prefer Peter.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Hello Peter, I have been to the shop many times, I still support the RSPCA, a new area manager has taken over and its a mess, so I am glad I left, the manageress hates it too. I am glad Billie acquiesed with the hamster cage, your patience paid off. Sanjay is still being entertained by my craft work distressing furniture, except today I forgot to put the wax on the bits I'd be rubbing back with wire wool, and I hadn't appreciated the difference it makes, got there in the end tho'. The little peaches had ripened beautifully, and like Billie with her oranges, he was blissfully drinking the juice, he likes oranges and grapefruit.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Bloody Neighbours :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :twisted:

And Microsoft :evil: :evil:

And ringneck made me sign in again!!

Billie told me this morning "Don 't let it get to you" She knew something was wrong l was playing my organ on full volume and heavy bass, she flew to my shoulder reached round and kissed it better.

My shower is 25 years old they don't make them for my taps anymore, so water gushes out it is supposed to go up the tube and come out at the top, but it takes one look at the climb
comes out by the tap instead. I tied some string around and that has stopped it. You would be amazed at the number of things tied up with string in my house/

The string is amazed too!

I tried Billie with grapefruit,she took one sip and that was a no no, l wonder if the people who make NO NO realize what a no no really is?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

You'd be amazed at all the things daddi could accomplish with elastic bands!. I am fortunate, I have a wet room, because I am physically disabled, it was a boon when my late husband was ill, and he could sit down in the shower on a special chair. We had a ho hum sort of day, cold and wet outside, so Sanjay whiled away the time, in between eating, by rubber necking through the windows, which he can comfortably do without having to leave his perch. He didn't want to spend a lot of time outside his palace, after his housework and cuddle etc, he made stroppy noises at me, telling me to hurry up and get out of his doorway. It isn't just cats who "cupboard love".
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Add to my hate list the local council who have sent me a summons for non payment of my council tax. :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: I phoned them up, "Oh!" Tou have two account numbers." I told them that last year, "It's our fault!" He said, "We will get the summomns cancelled but it will take two weeks." You might see me in the news chained to the town hall railings along with my drama queen :lol:

Billie has lots of love in her cupboard too, you could try a chair back for Sanjay to sit on in your wet room. Billie does not like a lot of water, trickle suits her, but she also gets a good spray.

Parrots is out, some good articles, Sexual behaviour in Companion Birds l agree with al that. Advice avoid plug in fragancers.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I have had plug ins for more years than I've had Sanjay, with No ill effects, either to him or me, but I unplug them at night. I will pick up my mag next week. Do you get single person discount with your Council tax?, I don't have to pay it thankfully, as I get Pension Credit. Our election included a vote from our Police commissioner, wanting to raise council tax to fund the cost of policing, the result from Joe public was a resounding No!, we already pay for it with council tax anyway!, the cheeky worm. I never let Sanjay go anywhere else in the flat, he isn't shoulder or perch trained, he would fly around and lose his way. Besides, he gets a regular spray. Well, my "distressing" is almost done, and I really surprised myself, it looks good. I managed to find the toile du jouy wallpaper I wanted at a fraction of the cost, on line, it is even cheaper than what Wilko have to offer and they don't even sell toile du jouy. B&Q charge almost 16 quids a roll! and mine cost just 6.99 a roll.
Sanjay will be miffed, he won't be able to watch the decorating being done!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

The latest result:

Parrot Pooh Nil Soapy Water Won!

I get pension credit too which makes it more unbelivable they want me to pay the council tax. They even said l had to prove my identity!

Poor Billie has been off colour today, she has been lethargic all morning. Just siting l peered up close and she closed her eyes. "There was a man st the cage door, he was there yesterday too I wish that man would go away!" Midmorning l go for a constitiutional
but the weather was so nice l took Billie outside, first l chased her down to the bottom of the cage and threw a towel over her but her beak caught my nail. "Ouch!" and other words she just sat still while l fifted her up and into the hamster cage, she was pretty excited chirping away, well l got it all set up in the garden, lovely sunshine.

One of the neighbours came and said hallo some clouds also wanted to say hallo but they would not go away so we had to come in. Billie has Food dejoy wall paper she decorated it her self. We watched Rio but she lost interst when Blu was caught.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

We love "Rio", but "Paulie" is our absolute favourite, Peter, if you get Pension Credit you are entitled to housing benefit and council tax benefit, you need to apply, what's the worst that could happen?. Anyway, I took a break today, the weather was sunny but the wind was very chillikins,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

You tell the council that! Our HA put up the rent up by 80% so like a fool I phoned the council to see if they were going to pay it, the council thought l was making a fresh claim and that is when all trouble started, up to now the council have been paying my rent and council tax happily since 1992 when l moved up here from the smoke.

Billie has a way of catching my eye and making her claim, this morning l put a saucer of soaked seeds in her cage on the bottom, this afternoon l suddenly realized she was looking at me and when l looked at her she picked up the edge of the saucer and started to push it across the floor of the cage.

i emptied the fruit out of one seed bowl and merged it with the veggis bowl, and used the empty bowl to put the soaked seeds into, instant success. She started to tuck in. This evening she wanted to be covered up at 3.15 pm l told jer it was to early but when she started to make a fuss l took the first cover off/. She flew to my shoulder and started to kiss me on the lips and that is cupboard love.

She got covered up at 3.30 pm l can only think she had a bad night
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

My new medication gives me weird dreams, but at least I am sleeping properly now, I went shopping today, because I am expecting couriers etc this week, plus, I want to crack on with my projects. Himself as usual, wanted to know what I had bought him as soon as I got through the door, a lot like our dogs (and cats) did, I'm pleased milady ate her sprouting beans, I hope she doesn't go off them.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I kept Billie's tail feathers from her first moult they were 14 inches long! But her recent ones are only 8 inches long. I put it down to the smaller cage. So l 'phoned Northern Parrots and ordered one of the new generation Liberta cages. Got a good price £139.99 Voyager, it doubles the space inside but it is sold out and the next delivery is not until 18th June. I tried Midland parrots but it was the same story even though their price is £199.99. The voyager does not have that nice space under the cage for storage so l hope to buy some sky hooks to hang all that parrot stuff up.

I think l might either put the old cage in my BR as a spare or up in the loft unless I hear of someone who needs a small cage. Billie got very concernted when l started to measure the space any one would think l was ordering her coffin/

Billie is not stuck on toys the one she likes is a foot toy in the afternoons, some millet spray wrapped up in a £5 note, she did gove her bell a tug today but when it did not ring she lost interest.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The voyager was Sanjays last cage, after nursery cage and before Raleigh, but after a while it wasnt enough, and he hated it, the guy who used to cut the grass rescues birds, and took it off our hands to use as a quarantine cage. My beautiful wallpaper turned up today, himself thought it was a red cross parcel, like daddi used to srnd when he worked for army records in Gloucester, he would send seedy bars, toys, and egg biscuits, anyway, when I showed Sanjay it had little birds as part of the toile motif, he decided it was ok.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Oops! Sanjay called me bird brain! It was the Discovery corner cage he had previously, with play gym on top, we kept it and attached it to his palace.,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I was wondering whether the RSPCA or PDSA would like the old cage it is only three years old and in good condition, it needs a good scrub and l won't be getting the new in until 18th June, it would be ideal for a ringneck or cockatiel.

I bought a flat pack book case from Argos it weighed 18.5 kilograms so l it was a good job l took my trolley, but l am hopeless with these things, l put an essential screw down and then could not find it, and after l had got it assembled l discovered l had put a side panel in back to front so l had to take it all apart and start again! Sanjay woukld call me bird brain Billie would not becasue she knows which side her toast is buttered.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

We purchased a flat pack bookcase from Argos too, and a shoe cabinet, fortunately one of my husbands former skills was carpenter/joiner, so he managed it ok. I am sure Any charity shop would get a good price for the old cage, but the RSPCA or PDSA wouldn't have time to scrub it. How about putting a card up in Wilko? You might get a few quids for it, and the card is free to put up. Your new cage doesn't look much bigger than her used one, I am assuming it is, tho'. We didn't get up to much today, and what a nasty day it was too, I am expecting an extremely hot Indian summer because 2006 was the same and nature compensated.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Some weather pundits are predicting a heat wave, and judging what they had in North Africa 41c, we could be in for a nasty shock. I prefer cold weather, I bought a Dyson cool, £225 but it is worth it as it does reduce the temperature. Many years ago l bought an Air Conditoner but that does not reduce the tempt below 17c which is still too hot at night.

You are right about the new cage and l have had second thoughts which are deadly. There is so much l like about the old cage, l cannot see going through the hassle of a new cage to be worth the effort.

During the war a neighbour gave us an egg now and again, the hens lived in this really old and smelly coup, after the war was over our neighbour got a new coup for the hens, when they were safely out in the garden she poured petrol over the old coup and burnt it to the ground. When it was time for the hens to roost they sat in the red hot embers, and had to be carried to their new coup and locked in.

I was fortunate with this cage Billie watched me assemble it and flew in to inspect it, l locked the door and pushed her old cage out onto the landing. One of my neighbours helped me carry it down and we put it by our bin area, it was gone in two hours! I kept many of her toys and sleeping perch she took to the new cage straight away/

Now l have to phone Northern Parrots and cancel the new cage, Billie will have to cope with this cage and if it breaks then l will get a new one/
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Its that old maxim, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I would only change the cage for a bigger one anyway, and his palace is the biggest indoor cage available. Hens are a bit dim, aren't they?. Sanjay took to his new adult cages immediately, he went in as soon as they were assembled, without any encouragement.I must invest in a new fan, mine is getting noisy, with 12' high ceilings this old house is lovely and cool in the summer anyway, and freezing in the winter!, but as you say, the nights can be very sultry.Sanjay has a new habit, whenever I leave the room, when I come back in, he is clinging to his front bars rubbernecking!, it would be great if he Was shoulder trained. But hands? Perches?, not on your Nellie!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Will Sanjay fly to a stick? Put a reward on your shoulder and let him climb on. Hands are a no no for Billie too but she does love flying to my shoulder and grabbing my neck with her beak to stop sliding off.

After playing the organ l offered her an outing in the garden, she would not fly to the hamstar cage, so l got the little towel and chased her inside her cage but she put up no resistance when l grabbed hold of her l carefully lifted her into the hamster cage, put the lid on and pulled the towel out.

And we went out side, l put the cage on a little folding table and sat down in my deck chair (Argos) and we enjoyed the sunshine, l was watching the clouds they seemed to be lining up to block out the sun, how ever we waved to a couple of neighbours, but after an hour she said she wanted to go in, but she really enjoyed the outing. I was going to cover the cage to give her some shade but she prefered the sun on her feathers.

Think about a Dyson cool, it has no blades and is very efficient, wait a mo, do l have shares in Dyson? No! They ought to pay me a royalty.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Dyson are a bit out of my range, it will probably be another cylinder one. No, he won't fly to a perch, and I've tried the treat on my shoulder etc without Any success at all. I found some little bone shaped dog bikkies today (plain, not gravy), and he finds them extremely munchable. Daddi used to fuss about Sanjay being near the sunny window, but he bought Sanjay a UV light! It is in their DNA to love sunshine and warmth.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Yes a UV light would be good for Billie, she put up only a token resistance to being towelled I did offer the chance to fly into the hamster cage but she declined, she was bubbling away as we went out side l had to put her on the stairs as l took out the folding picnic table and deck chair and came back for her.

Nobody came for ages and then it all started to happen, people coming up to say hallo, Bille was in seventh heaven she loved all the attention. But it was overcasrt and dull so we came in, at least she had a little time out in the open air.

Does Sanjay have the UV light on all the time or only in the winter? Does Sanjay climb down the front of the cage as far as he can? Once they start explorring theyget more courage/
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The UV light is on all day, and switched off when I cover him for the night, his alcove is quite dark otherwise. He climbs down to suss out any tasty morsels he may have dropped, but never goes right down, or walk on the floor, he rarely finds anything useful because he doesn't waste much. He had his favourite treat today, raspberries in organic Greek yogurt/honey. So tomorrow I must buy more raspberries. He had a spray today, too, and enjoyed a bit of people watching from his perch. I seem to have more pretty wild birds in my little front garden this year, and the Swifts are back again.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Does the UV light get hot?

Today Billie had a shower in the bathroom, then l went for a walk around the lake, and when l got back l thought she was asking to go out so l offered a wooden perch to step up but she consistently refused to step down into the Hamster cage. So l grabbed a towel but the little vixen bit my finger and after that we were not on speaking terms.

Bed time l refused to cover her up and so she sulked, but l relented as l aways do and covered her up at 4 pm. At 5 pm she started to moan so l told her in no uncertain terms that she could go the next time the window was open but l had drawn the curtians was listening to the TV with head phones what more could she ask for? Blood?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I'm surprised you could hear her moaning, with headphones on. I found guavas on the Asian stall, but they need to ripen up. No the UV doesn't appear to get hot, warmish. I got my Parrots mag, the article seemed to be more about those aid fresheners that poof scent around, anyway, I have my windows open all year round except when he is out of his cage.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I think Billie has a cold she sneezed a couple of times today and yesterday, also she has become very hormonal again, she was sitting on the bottom of the cage yesterday with her tail up, l thought it might be constipation but no she pooped a bid dollop before sitting in the corner l put my hand in to stroke her chomp. Blood everywhere.

Today she has become very viscious l might change her name to Syd! She bit me twice once this morning as l went to take a bowl out of her cage and again this evening when l used a broomstick to put her back in the cage, I told her, "One day Missy and it will be you last l will open a window and wave goodbye to you, your last owner put you out because of your bad behaviour , be warned!"

I am cutting down on sweet and starchy things, l do not think this is a prelude to egg laying
l hope. When she is inher closed and shrouded cage and the phone rings she calls out and l have to soothe her.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Well, it is that time of year. Fortunately, If Sanjay is female, I never get any of your problems, he thought about landing on me again, today, but wussed out at the last minute. Sneezing is sometimes a reaction to the fine powder covering their skin. That is why I add rosewater and glycerin to his spray bottle.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie turned over a new leaf and we had a lovely day together, first thing l played the dawn chorus to her as l start to get ready but this morning she was in a hurry, so l skipped the recording and then she pooped from the top of the age nice shot outside the cage. She had a shower in the bathroom.

After her breakfast and mine l played the organ she came down and joined me in a duet she stomped on the keys after a while l could take no more so l put her back one the cage.
When l had played all l packed up the keys and covered them. And then went out for a walk when l got back l tried to convince her to join me in the garden she sat on my shoulder and talked and sang her regrets. I have never heard her say so much.

I put rosewater in her swimming bowl but l use so much spray when she is has a shower
l do not waste it in the spray. If l do not want Billie to land on me l duck but she prefers me to stand still after she takes off. She has not sneezed today. Nor shown any hormonal poises so l have not altered her diet.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Fair enough. If Sanjay looks set to land on me I keep very very still, and hide my hands, I don't want to frighten him out of it, it will happen one of these days. He let's me get very very close to him now. I spent the day painting, Wilko's "stardust" matt, it scared me at first, because it looked mauve, and it's supposed to be silver grey, anyway, I let a small patch dry, and fortunately it dried the correct colour, its not a one coat, which is a pain, I don't like spending too much time up a ladder, (cutting in), managed to do the paintwork and radiator, and one wall, but because there are only us chickens living here, I can take all the time I need. Sanjay kept calling to me, and I answered him. So he didn't feel abandoned.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I thought l had replied to this but no matter hatter,

Billie likes 4 or 5 feet as a gap but today she would not go into the hamster cage l tried all sorts of ideas even towelling but she managed to bite my finger so l called it off cloesd her cage down and went out by myself. It was not very warm, so maybe she knew.

She knows how to twist me around her small toe and when l uncovered her as l wanted to -play the organ loudly she flew to my shoulder and kissed me several times so in the end l relented and stopped, howerver l made my point to those downstairs, their noise abated,
and she was happy to be covered up again.

My neighbour "The noise maker" played his stuff heavy drumming all night, l had to go to sleep with ear plugs, but l think it is somebody's else turn to complain.

Does the paint smell? When Billie calls me l shout back "Won't be long." and add "Might be short!"
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

No, emulsion, and water based satinwood do not pong, we never liked gloss paint. I had to go shopping today and found guavas on the Asian stall, Sanjay loves the little seeds.it was glorious out, but at lunchtime a chillikins wind started blowing. I planted Sanjays home grown peppers in a large outdoor pot.I can't remember the name, but they are small deep purple ones, almost black. Very "Goth".
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie did not want to go out again today, but had to dash down for a repeat script, but l had to submit to medical check, so alright l am over weight but gym no way hosea, l take a brisk 25 minute walk around the park l have given up biscuits, what more do they want blood?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Forgot to mention that Billie bit me twice today, l wanted her to go in the hamster cage so l put her foot treat first inside and them moved it to the out side of that little cage, Bille flew and bit my ear lobe as landed briefly on my shoulder, she also bit my finger for the ear lobe incident she got locked in her cage while l potted around, the moral of the story is "Keep your fingers out of her beak."
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

And your lugs. Hey ho , I spent virtually All day up and down ths ladders and got most, not all, of the decorating done it should be finished tomorrow.So me and the little lad called to each other, and had an extra special cuddle, I didn't stop for lunch, as I needed to crack on. Whenever you think about going to the gym, have a lie down, you will soon get over it. The trouble with us disabled folk is we can't always exercise because we are in pain but my new pain relief is extremely good I Did have swollen ankles this evening so I soaked my feet and ankles then rubbed Palmers foot magic cream into them sheer unadulterated bliss!. After all that me n'him treated ourselves to raspberries in Greek yogurt, my new bedroom net curtains have a lovely pattern little birds sitting on branches, I just had to pay homage to my bezzie mate!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Never heard of Palmers foot oil, my friend used to rub Dog oil into his legs.

Had a phone call from the surgery they have made an appointment for me to see the doctor, and they want me get a blood test, they weighed me took my blood pressure twice measured around my waist l had to hold one end of the tape which reminded me of a shop keeper in Deptford High street who had a tape attached to a stick to help him to measure the big ladies with 64"+ hips/

Billie flew to my shoulder this morning and bit my neck l think she over shot the landing and grabbed skin to steady herself. She got put in her cage for ten minutes for that prank/

But today she has been flying gently to my shoulder
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I'm surprised you're not anaemic with that little vampiress of yours!, she sure likes her pound of flesh. Palmers foot magic is peppermint based cream, it stops heels from cracking, but is also for soothing tired feet. I had a break today, because I woke up aching all over, and I'm not a masochist, so Sanjay and I just chilled together. I am determined to get the last lap finished by Monday. My GP doesn't do the blood pressure, or measure my tum, he gets me to step on the scales, a young female GP did this then printed off a diet sheet for Rheumatoid Arthritis (the first and incorrect diagnosis), anyway, I read through it then handed it back, there was nothing on there which wasn't what I was already eating, it was the first thing I did after initial diagnosis!, I am 90% vegetarian anyway.with a bit of fish or chicken once a week purely because I like them. There is a lovely black nurse in Rheumatology according to her male GP's are clueless, they Always assume weight gain is due to bad diet, or overeating,when lack of exercise is the main problem, and some of us cannot get up enough steam to burn off calories.Sanjay was treated to blackberries, have you ever noticed how, apart from eye pinning, the little feathers on their head stick up when they're excited? Like a cockatoo's comb in miniature. It looks very funny.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I tracked Billie's recent aggression to the dawn chorus, l carefully did not play it this morning and she has been the model bird, l also found that the towel l was using to towel was too small a big one smothers her and she can't find my fingers to bite. However it is not warm enough to sit out.

Recently she has been only nibbling the corn so l put it in the micro wave for 40 seconds and after it had cooled l hung it she could not get enough of it l also tried microwaving her pomegranite my first attempt it fell into pieces, so l trying again with 10 seconds.

Also the sproutuing seeds l put in her cage in a bowl and every morning l wash them out and clean the bowl, they are sprouting like mad, she dips in now and again.

Billie looks like that character in the Adam's family whose hair stands up when she is excited, l can get her going by saying "No No No!" and that sets her off on her high horse protesting her innocence
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I finished redecorating my bedroom today, another eight hour slog, with a break to see to Sanjays needs. So, not a lot to report.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Days are like that sometimes.

Today l got back from church and the look Billie gave me said it all, "You back already?" We had a lot of play sessions before l went, she got nice and wet in the shower, she had new sprouting seeds after all l have a 2 kilo gram bag to use up!

Bedtime she was a real pain, first she wanted to be covered at 3.30 pm I told her it was too early, but after 20 mins she strated to complain, it was not dark enough, so l took everything off and we started again, then 30 mins later she was complaining again the TV was too loud, so l took every thing off and left her to stew in her own juice! We tried again a bit later and she just sat under the covers grinding her teeth.

So at 5,30 l left her to her dreams, hopefully she will sleep 14 hours,
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I'm not that rigid about bedtime , if I'm planning a lie in, himself is covered up a bit later the night before, if I'm not, he goes to bed at his usual time. Sanjay loves guava so much, I'm hoping the Asian stall has them again this week. I like this time of year, because we get a more interesting choice of fruits and veggies, I get a lot of pleasure doing his weekly shop.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

By the way, if Billie likes her sweet corn lightly warmed, buy a bag of frozen mini cobs from Iceland, or the vacuum packed variety, Sanjay loves them, they have been blanched in boiling water, so they are already part cooked, defrost the Iceland ones tho'.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay never ceases to amaze me, this afternoon his pepper skewer fell down, I hadn't pegged it up firmly enough as soon as he saw me preparing to rehang it, he hopped on to his back perch tucked a foot up and calmly waited whilst I pegged it back up, he didn't move a muscle!. Today he had fresh pineapple chunks and fresh apricots, which he liked very muchly.