Displaying?

Moderator: Mods

jenica1026

Displaying?

Post by jenica1026 »

Hi all,

Rise today flew over and sat on my laptop cover and as I talked to him, he put out his wings and displayed his tail feathers much like when we give him and his bother a shower. I was wondering if he truly was telling me it was time to give him a shower or do you think he was telling me he would like me for a girlfriend? I hope the former and not the later - as then I would think he is a very smart bird.

Well, I got up and give him and his brother a shower which they loved but I am still wondering just what that meant - any ideas? Jan
sanjays mummi

Re: Displaying?

Post by sanjays mummi »

When Sanjay wants a shower, he makes a big deal of splashing in his water bowl with aeroplane wings,that is my cue to ask "do you want a shower?", at which he hops on to a perch and semaphores with wings outstretched and tail fanned. I think it is pretty clear what your little guy is telling you, with animals, body language is very easy to understand.
Donovan

Re: Displaying?

Post by Donovan »

the males are going to display to something or other. One of my birds displays to me... the other bird displays to his counter part...

if they display to you take it as a compliment.