Wondering

Moderator: Mods

TimanLeno

Wondering

Post by TimanLeno »

I was gone for a couple weeks and leno wont let me take him from his cage or do anything..Can anyone help me? Im Scared he hates me and it makes me sad...and I want leno to love me and talk to me...Please someone help... Please guys!!
Please Help
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

We take our babies with or dont go.

Pretty sad huh? hehe But true, nonetheless.

Ringnecks are very sensitive and if left, they take it very personally. Depending on where your bird is, you may very well be back at square one. Having to earn his trust all over again.

I just pulled up from a 9 hr car ride and my bird was right beside me the whole time. Call me crazy but at least I dont abandon him... ever. Not that you did. Im not saying that.

I hope your bird snaps out of it. In the meantime, realize it may not and start all over. Him caged (because he wont come out), you sitting there speaking softly and offering food.

They are all about food.

Some of us have been known to turn down free vacations of a life time at exotic locations because we wouldnt take this chance. If there isnt a way for my bird to go, there isnt a way for me to go. Ask my husband. He hates it.
~ Mikaela Sky

TimanLeno

ok

Post by TimanLeno »

I understand what U mean..But I work part time at wierd times at a department store and I cant..always be home...so what should I do?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Ringnecks require an immense amount of time. I would advise you to spend every second you can with the bird. If that isnt enought, perhaps you need another species. Something like a cockatiel.

Ringnecks require the type of devotion that is border line odd. Literally. A new born requires about the same level of attention a day. Anyone with a 'nice' ringneck has spend hundreds, if not thousands of hours earning that love.

If you decide the bird is too unhappy and needs to be placed elsewhere, please do your home work. That baby needs time time time and then a little bit of time.
~ Mikaela Sky

TimanLeno

hey

Post by TimanLeno »

Im trying my best...Im trying... I spend every second when imnot at work with leno..
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I know hun... dont read my tone wrong.

I am a strong, passionate woman and can be easily read wrong.

If you are doing what we talked about then thats all you can do... and pray. This is terrible though and so common. Thats why we just wont leave our babies. Not worth the risk. My God, I have spent every hr of my life with my bird since I got him... if I lost him, it would be unbareable.

Im not bitching at you. Just got home from a 9 hr car trip and may be short without realizing it.
~ Mikaela Sky

TimanLeno

ok

Post by TimanLeno »

Should I hold Him? All the time..Im with him.. What should I do..i try and feed him..from my hand but he doesnt like it..So what should I do?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Just let him be a little monkey for a few days and hang off of you. If you go in the bedroom, he goes. To the kitchen, he goes. Take a shower with him on the shower rod and speak softly to him.

Use the shower as your bonding time. The hot water makes them very docile yet focused. Its like water gives them a sense of well-being like drugs do some people. They act kind of high... out of it. They are in heaven.

Be his heaven!
~ Mikaela Sky

TimanLeno

ok

Post by TimanLeno »

i have failed to buy a shower perch.. I will get one tonight..and try thanks Mik ur the best.. no lie... Thanks for being there for us and the IRNS
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

You dont even have to do that hun. Just prop his happy **** on the shower rod at the end of the tub so your floor doesnt get wet.

Dont try to get him wet. Only talk to him and look at his chest... not into his eyes. They dont dig that if trust is shaky.

All he needs is a shower rod, which you have and humidity. Hot as you can stand it. Move slowly.

I think I paid 30 bux for my shower perch and I use it everywhere except the shower, literally. Its stuck on my car window or sliding glass door, my mirror behind my bed, the bathroom mirror. Its a kick **** way to keep them with you. And they dig it. The perch becomes like their cage. Its theirs and they like that. Its a perfect stand because they stay way too high to try to get down. ROCKS!!!

Lay a towel under his booty on a surface below and let him bomb away!
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Hrm...I know my two and I play the blinking game. It's a trust building game...you sit in front of them and stare briefly into their eye and take one long blink for a few seconds...it's a parrot's communication...it's a form of trust you are showing to him

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Yeah!

Baby does that and I just do it back to make fun of him. Kick butt, so he thinks I am trying to tell him 'I trust you so I dont have to watch you'? Too funny.
~ Mikaela Sky