All registrations must be approved by an admin. Having problems with registration? E-mail us at indianringnecks@gmail.com

Billie the wonder parrot part 4

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Billie the wonder parrot part 4

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:32 am

Not yet.

sanjays mummi

Re: Billie the wonder parrot part 4

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:08 am

Wilko's have an ideal foraging toy, a stainless steel cage ball, with chain and clasp for hanging up, it isn't for birds, but Sanjay isn't to know!. I don't suppose Billie can be distracted from her weird behaviour with foraging. I cannot imagine how yummy a dummy egg must have been, eeeooow!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:11 pm

I could not find a trace of the dummy egg so she must have eaten it all, they taste awful Billie tells me not patch on a the real thing. If she follows the pattern she is due to lay tonight.

I am going shopping tomorrow so l will look into Wilco, the new Argos catalogues must be out soon will pick one up. But she is not keen on foraging she will bite to get to the tasty bit but as for working it out no way.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:09 am

I did a bit of googling, apparently hens are reluctant to lay if their environment is disturbed frequently, i.e. if you change the cage layout, by moving perches etc around. It also said Not to indulge them by giving them a nesting box. Because it encourages them to lay.But as I have no experience, this is just someone elses viewpoint. Have you considered writing or e mailing the expert panel in "Parrot" magazine?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:26 am

No l must admit l have not thought of writing to the experts in Parrot mag, l aslo have an option of asking a vet at Ask Jeeves, but moving her cage around certainly stops them laying or helps but the avian vet l spoke to last year thought it best to let Billie have a her laying cycle and then if it went on too far trying to stop her by upsetting the routine.

My feelings are that if she is going to lay it is better to get it over and done with, and she did not lay an egg last night and she ate the egg she did lay and l can see no bulge that might indicate she is going to lay tonight.

Went to Wilco's today but could not find that ball and chain you mentioned but l bought a trio of munch balls which won't last two minutes but will give her something to chew. She had an empty Shaw's biscuit box and a stick to chew l gave them to her when she demanded to be covered up tonight and they last nearly two hours!

Also went to Pets at home and bought a load of stuff anybody would think l have shares in Pets at home!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:41 pm

I must have shares in lidl and market stall!,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:14 pm

Want to swop?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:18 am

No ta, our pet superstores, pets at home and jolleys are outside town, and not easy to get to I have found their range disappointing, better to order from N Parrots or Scarletts, both deliver next day.Sanjay isn't keen on the seedy bars from those two, he much prefers the wilko ones, although the plastic sticks in them are pretty puerile, the bars fall off them too easily.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:03 pm

How funny (peculiar) those plastic sticks stick like any stick should stick, perhaps they are selling olld stock?

I bought Billie a snuggle sack she happily went in it on the cage floor and also 6" off the cage floor but when l put it higher she got cold feet, so l fixed it lower down. We do not have infra red lamps, now if she wants to use it she wont get cold feet!

The goodnews this morning is that she did not lay an egg, hwich has to be good and l could see nothing in the pipe line either so here's keeping my fingers crossed. However she has been scanning the floor looking for a nesting site. She managed to climb down the back of the cage but did not fly down.

She is very crafty, when l play the organ she flies to my shoulder and sits on my blind side

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:12 pm

OOps it looked as if MIcro soft was going to spoil the party so l sent the first part on ahead. However when l turn my head to look at her she reaches over and kisses me on the lips but then when l look out of the corner of my eye she continues to masturbate on me.
When l catch her doing it she gets put back on the cage.

I am jolly pleased she picks the pellets out of her seed bowl and eats those first and then she crosses over and eat the pellets from the pellet bowl, this morning she did not poop straight away so as l sat at the organ l was blowing raspberries through my lips this must heve started her off becasue she pooped two massive poops. Her poop is brownish colour.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Eeeeoow!! Thanks for sharing! Has she been eating chocolate?, it's very comforting at hormonal moments.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:21 pm

You should not give Sanjay chocolate and Billie has none, a diet of pellets turns the poop brown and she is not hormoanl nowadays.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:48 am

Theory one

Billie does not have a calender in her cage so she has to rely on instinct and clues as to laying eggs, and l was taking her out to sit on the garden wall in the weak winter sunshine l think she thought it was spring and egg laying time. She has not laid any eggs since that one on sunday night. QED

She has been enjoying the snuggle sack l bought her and l hope she will make us of it when the cold nights come. I gave her one of the munch balls made of reed and she stripped it into bits in seconds then pretended it was the man in the moon, when l came back into the room and called out she squealed she thought she was going to be in trouble but l patted her on the head and and all was well.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:30 pm

I Never give Sanjay chocolate! It was meant to be a joke,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Ha Ha

Who has pooped on the carpet? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Who trod in it? :oops: :oops:

There is this lovely snuggle sack Biile has tried it out several times but this morning she was shivering on the bottom of the cage in her favouirite spot.

Parrots is out, sad story of Pepper, it is something l worry about with Bille. I am 76 this year and if l have a stroke or heart attack who will look after her? Should l make arrangements in advance? Billie is only 6/7 years old.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:17 pm

There is a lovely parrot sanctuary called "the zoo" which we have frequently donated to, You could make arrangements via your will, we first saw the place on a TV programme.I cannot exactly remember, but I think it is near Scarborough I must check it out on line. I donate via "Just Giving".

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:22 pm

It's a good job I checked, it's actually in Boston, Lincolnshire.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:35 am

High drama today, this afternoon Billie started to make mewing sounds and she was dragging the rain hood along she had started to unpick the seams and had encounted nylon thread which had got wrapped around a leg.

So emergency stations grab a pair of scissors and a towel I wrapped it around her and dragged her off the perch much sqawking and attempts to bite my arm off but eventually l had her out and turned her over, she squirmed like and eel but l was unable to pull the thread clear of her leg so l cut it close to her leg as possible and then unravelled the thread so l could pull it clear, all the time she was yelling and biting so l held her close until she had calmed down and then had another look turning her over.

Her leg was clear of thread but we had a similar incident last year when she managed to get her head though some cloth, so l have taken the rain hood away and taken down the perch that held it up. She was very annoyed as she enjoyed hiding under the suspended hood. she pretended that her wing was damaged by holding it down, but l just ignorred her
She still has the snuggle sack and this morning she was as warm as toast.

However pomegranite is off the menu but blackberries are in as my walls will testify!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:33 am

Well, I stuffed the steel cage ball full of nuts, himself loved it, especially the bit where he extracted them and tossed them on to the floor of his palace but the play value is huge! It has a bell with a very satisfying noise, and he can spin the cage around, upend it, and generally engage in a bit of hanky panky with it. At two pounds and fifty pence, it's a great parrot plaything!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:41 am

Our Wilko have hidden them l did have a quick lookl where are they stashed in your Wilco?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:46 pm

Hanging up among the Guinea pig/hamster stuff!, as I said, they are not meant for birds (officially), tomorrow I will stuff it with shredded paper and nuts.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:36 pm

There l forgot to go, however l did pop into the garden centre and got some spagnum moss to line her nesting box. Because she laid an egg last night so bang goes my theory that taking her out started her laying. I put the egg into a small plastic dish but she wanted it out so it rolls around on the floor of the cage. I expect she will eat it tonight or lay another one.

Pomegranites are out, did not buy any more today but l bought some runner beans l offered her a sweet pea or runner bean she grabbed the bean. Is Okra okay for them? She really enjoys the blackberries, l bought some strawberries to see if she will eat those, also some limes and lemons. Must keep her off sweet things, she was eating pellets but seems ot have gone off those.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:03 pm

Okra is fine, not sure about runner beans raw, they cause vomiting and the Aztec quickstep in humans, if they're not cooked. O he Loved the shredded paper etc, so tomorrow I will add avi cake squares. Have you thought of using barley hay?, it might be more snuggly than moss.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Yes l tried hay but my carpet looked like a haystack by the time she had kicked it all out, Parrots talk of pods being okay but l will take you warning about raw runner beans.

Just in case she has the nesting box, l have a bag of shredded paper to pad the spagnum, but the last time she had the nesting box she went all broody.

I had to lock her in when l went shopping this morning although she is not looking for a nesting site l did not want to take any chances as l knew l would be a long time.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 am

Elf'n safety, I would worry about what himself would get up to whilst I was out. Hay isn't as messy as straw, meadow hay smells lovely too. When I line the floor of his palace, I use large broadsheets, i.e. Daily Telegraph Financial times etc, and fold the edges up so they make a barrier against the bars at the bottom, it keeps the tut contained, so very little ends up on the carpet.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:35 am

Unless H'self kicks it out Billie scratches like a chicken, and the result? All over my carpet!
Her egg was intact this morning and l told her sit on it and you can have your nesting box back. Later l saw she was trying to sit on the egg but it kept skidding away and l provided a small plastic dish to put the egg in but she held me to earlier promise, and gave me such a look of reproach it shrivelled my soul.

So she got her nesting box l was qutie pleased becasue l wanted to see her reaction to spagnum moss. She picked a few pieces out and then walked away, but later l saw she had kicked half of it out so l rebagged that lot, she did not look too happy l think the moss was too wet so l tried mixing some wood chippings with it but she kicked a load more out so l baggged that lot for a rainy day/

Then she decided to attack the bowls; the lightly boiled runner beans got a lot of attention as did the lightly boiled chestnuts, and then it was the turn of the fruit bowl, the blackberries went down a treat. She threw the Okra out.

It went quite dark at 2.30 so she called it a day and demanded to be covered up, l kept saying no it is too early but she asked me in such a sweet way l gave in and covered her/

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:46 am

Poor old Billie does not know whether she is coming or going, this morning she was not sitting on her egg in the nesting box, so l took the box away and put the egg back in a little green dish, where it has stayed all day.

She has been most persistent in trying to masturbate on me, every time she tried it l put her back on the cage the last ime she was so persistent she laid an egg so we shall have to wait and see what tomomorrow brings.

I gave all the pomegranites away to a deserving cause. Our local drunk. Did you see that programe on Pets Wild at heart? Fantstic photography/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:22 pm

No, I didn't watch it. I watched a couple of Jungle Book movies with Jack recently, Not animated btw, and in one scene a little IRN hen flits down and sits, briefly, on Mowglis wrist, then flits off again, she had a really scratched beak, it looked quite tatty. Sanjay thinks Billie is a little hussy!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 am

Billie thinks Sanjay is an upstart. But she did not want her egg in the hamster food dish, she made sure by pooping in it and tipping it over. I do not think she wants the egg at all.

It has been too cold to even to think about going out side, but the fire alarm man came and rang the front door bell, Billie let fly with a chorus of her own. I wish she would sing more often. I whistle all the time to encourage her.

She likes a little play at night with the cage covered. and this evening l gave her an empty tea bag box and she was as happy as a tea girl ripping it up.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:48 pm

I dunno about "upstart", but he can be such a tart at times!, sounds like Billie had fun shredding the carton. Someone rang my bell the other day and made us both jump!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:48 am

My flat is upstairs and the bell also and people who ring my bell cannot hear it so they resort to kicking the door, which scares the living daylights out of both of us, but the other day when some one rang my bell and it has 30 or so different chimes Billie joined in, l thought that was jolly nice.

Today she wanted a nap under cover lunch time but l was so busy it was longer than usual and she complained when l uncovered her. I was quite pleased today she lasted until 10 past 3 before wanting to be covered, l do this in stages first a light cover and then 30 mins later a heavier cover and then about 4 a feather duvet which cuts even more light out.

She huffs and puffs under all those covers until she gives in and goes to sleep at 5 pm. Her egg is still rolling around the bottom of the cage, l nearly broke it this morning when l dropped a brush on it OOPS!

She was trying to skinny dip in a small water bowl so l gave extra and in the end she was very wet, but quickly dried out when l turned up the heat/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Himself wanted a shower today, after I'd tnoroughly cleaned his abode. Samjay just has a kingsize black cotton sheet to cover the cage, it is perfectly adequate.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Good old Sanjay, Billie impressed me tonight by holding out until 3.30 pm before asking to be covered, little by little she is pushing the clock back.

Her egg is still floating round the bottom of the cage and she sat on it for a while this morning, she does not like strawberries so the ones l bought l have been eating up with a can of evaporated milk. Gone are the days when l would take a can of condensesed milk to the flicks and eat all of it watching a film!

I had to lock her in her cage this morning when l went to church she still wants to explore.

All my whistling has been paying dividends she calls l whistle, or l whistle and she calls!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:17 pm

There you see?, Sanjays daddi and himself were always calling to each other from separate rooms. His daddi could eat condensed milk, ugh!, one teaspoonful would set my teeth on edge, it was so incredibly sickly sweet. In later years he lost his sweet tooth, along with quite a few others!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:09 pm

Who bashed Billie's egg?

Clues:

She was sitting on her egg this morning when l uncovered her. So after cleaning the cage l took pity on her and gave the nesting box back, carefully placing some moss in it and the egg on top.

But after making my bed l came back to discover the moss had been kicked out along with the egg. It looked alright. but for safety sake l put in a dummy egg but she saw me doing it and started to gnaw the dummy egg so l took it out and put her real egg back it was then l noticed it had a dent. Thinking of the itme she go an egg stuck to her l took it out and hid it. So no egg.

I told her "You will have lay another."

Later l gave her the Wilco box the parrot sticks came in, and it took her nearly an hour to demolish the box. I still think she bashed the egg.

If it was me she might expect me to lay the next egg.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:05 pm

A couple of IRN articles in Parrots magazine, one sad, one quite funny. Also, a letter from a guy whose henny penny keeps laying, and some good advice given by the experts.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:14 pm

I liked the bit about not providing a nesting box and l agree about not taking her eggs away in hte laying cycle. Billie not laying a th moment she not very intested in a nesting site, she does want to go exploring so l lock her in when l go out, but she is quite content to be near me.

When l got back from shopping this morning l let her out, she did get a bit anxious at breakfast time, l had persuaded her to be covered while l at my porridge in the kitchen but when l got bak she thought l had been too long and made a song and dance out of it.

She does love a box at bed time tonight she had an empty Birds Eye chicken burger box and she gave the box hell, it put up a stiff resistance but in the end Billie won and it was in tears. There are a lot of interesting articles but it takes all sorts to make a magazine.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:32 pm

Ah yes, we often find answers within. Im poorly with a virus at the moment, so I spent much time in bed today, just popping out to see to himself and make hot drinks, I try Not to get ill, in case Im taken to hospital, I've got nobody I can trust to look after him.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:44 am

Yes l feel the same about Billie, what would happen to her if l was taken ill and had to go into hospital lf we did not live so far apart we could help each other. I had a close encounter myself this afternnon, l love crunching polo mints up and crunched three they were a bit peppery so l opened my mouth to take a lungful of air when some of the crunhced up peppermint went down the wrong way, l could hardly get my breath. I thought l was a goner.

Billie is a clock watcher she is getting later and later to be covered up, tonight it was 4 pm.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:13 pm

A fizzy drink will sort out choking on food, but food in the windpipe is terrifying. I think these lighter evenings are helping Billie. My daughter lives too far to help out, and knowing himself, he would refuse to go back in his cage for her, or anyone else for that matter!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:15 pm

I made Billie promise that she would go back if l let her out and l hold her to that promise but she is very good, l just say down you go and off she toddles, she does like some cardboard to rip up before bed does Sanjay have any bed time rituals?

I had thought that if I was having a heart attack of opening a window and letting her make up her mind if she wanted to go or stay, her prevuious owner put her out of the upstairs window and she just flew to the ground, and there was time shortly after l got her when l went out on to come back and find her standing on top of the cage enjoying a breeze from an open window!

We shall just have to hope fot the best.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:13 am

That would be a really drastic solution!, Im quite sure the paramedics would contact the RSPCA for you, you could carry a "dependent parrot at home" card too in case anything happened, anyway, there are always solutions if we look for them. My daughter is hoping to move to Luton soon, I've told her to look out for "peppa", the little blue ringneck featured in parrots magazine,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Yes there are always solutions l like your idea of carrying a card "Depentant parrot at home"

Is Luton very far from you?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:05 pm

It's quite a distance, but she needed a bigger house, and it was the only swap available. Btw, I always tell chuggers I have a parrot to keep.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:45 pm

You have lost me, who are chuggers? Did you see the table from Claire on energy levels l thought it was very interesting.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:23 pm

Chuggers are those people who stand outside shops, or on street corners with tins and sticky badges, everywhere you turn there is one begging on behalf of a different charity, or you have the ones who want you to set up a direct debit to them. I prefer to choose my own charity to donate to.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:37 pm

What l want to know is how much do the bosses of these charities pay them selves bet they earn more than l do!

Perhaps l ought to sit down in One Stop shopping centre with a placard around my neck
"One hungry parrot to feed, please give generously."
Last edited by AJPeter on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:14 am

It might just work if you busk! Lol!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:04 pm

I thought l would take off my "Dirty" joke it might offend people it was in bad taste!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:20 pm

Good, I've led a Very sheltered life, and Sanjay is extremely prudish.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:43 pm

Billie was in a bad mood this morning she bit me, lots of blood. I showed her and l sought of got the impression she was saying, "Good that will teach you a lesson." She did not get as long a cuddle as she wanted first thing in the morning after l open her cage she comes up for a warm up cuddle and scratch but it was church today so she only got a short cuddle and l made the mistake of offering her some pellets between my fingers, and before you could say "Nicholas Nicklebee in a force nine gale backwards blood was dripping on my carpet.

This was the second time in less than 24 hours when blood has been the outcome, l cut my toenails at midnight last night and could not see what l was doing and the result more blood on the carpet, and it would not stop l used up half a toilet roll trying to quench the flow, eventually some cotton wool and lots of paster allowed me to go back to bed.

She was jolly pleased to see me after l got back from church we spent a pleasant afternoon together.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Eeeooow! Sounds like hens teeth arent so rare after all. You need to buy styptic, the stuff barbers recommend for shaving cuts. Youre not on Warfarin are you?. I never offer anything smaller than a nutri berry with my fingers, better safe than sorry, but Sanjay just doesnt bite anyway, a nibble is about all he offers if I pea him off. Today he wanted my earring, and my ears are pierced, so I made sure I kept it out of reach while I was near him.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:11 pm

I have blue blood you can see it in the veins. No l am not a bleeder, many years ago when l was a teenager l went to give blood and a pint took nearly two hours. But then they decided they could not use it because of my childhood illness.

I reached over the top of Billie to put her up perch and l suddenly remembered she bit me on the lip, so l said to her "You ar enot thinking of biting me are you?" She replied "No you are safe!" She had a fresh fig today and quite liked the taste, l also bought some plums but they get a thumbs down.

Last night she pigged out on the blackberries, the plastic floor was awash in blackberry. She had a nibble at most things the carrots went well, and even the apples had a look in.
Tonight she was quite interested in some watercress.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Sanjay quite likes plums, I was late back today because I was late going out, a sparky came to put a new wet room light fitting up. So when I got back, himself was quite frantic, thinking he wouldn't get his dins on time, we shared a piece of chicken, and he was mollified. He was so peckish, he didn't hang around trying to grab my earring either!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:32 pm

Billie gets upset if l do not hurry her breakfast. As soon as the covers come off she comes up for a cuddle and neck scratch, then l take the bowls out and wash them filling them up with fresh. This morning she thought l was taking too long and she started screaming.

I put her seed bowl in last and she reaches through the hatch and graps the hoop pulling the bowl in. She hates it if l go out of the room, and will go to the top of the cage and sulk if l do not return pronto.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:18 pm

I am sure l posted something yesteday but maybe l am getting past it. When Billie is covered and she hears me crunching a peppermint candy she goes bananas, and l have to lift a corner of the cover and give her a bit!

I have found a super toy, a fir cone hung on along piece of string tied to the top of her cage inside. When she pushed the cone it swings away and then swings back and hits her gently, she gets so annoyed she cannot hold it still with one foot that she bashes it and then it swings back and hits her, l never knew she could swear so colourfully!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:46 pm

Coo! I must get Sanjay one, they like the seeds anyway, and a quick bake in a hot oven will kill any nasties.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:12 pm

Did you know conkers keep spiders away, l still have a few cheshnuts in the freezer Billie likes them now while they are still soft from the hot water.

Somebody told me that parrots like honey drizzled over firs cones well l tried this with Billie
she took one sip and dropped the fir cone, this was nearly two years ago l thought she might have forgotten, but l am not sure/ That same somebody suggested that l pack the fir cone with peanut butter, well that is something else she hates.

Oh she hates walnuts too.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:19 pm

A few of my Pagan friends tried the conker thing, it made absolutely No difference, I am quite happy just to put spiders outside. Honey is a bit sugary, so himself only ever gets a tiny nibble of Greek yogurt and honey now and again.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Billie liked yougurt but the honey put her off. She has been on a course of vitamins and it has done here the world of good. She poops shortly after l open the cage and it looks okay

I weighed her the other day and she came in at 367 grams (It might have been 357) near normal weight for an Alexandrine, she has been sleeping on the top perch which make me very happy.

She has pulled out two feathers, one might have come lose when she tried to mastubate on my shoulder and in a bad moment l knocked her off and she fell badly the other one just came out as she was preening.

I put back in some corn and she pouinced on that, First thing in the morning she sits close to where l hang up the corn, waiting for me and if l take too long she gets all excited and shouts/

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:34 pm

I might have a problem with Billie laying so many eggs but l have a worse problem with Internet Explorer, it won't lay anything or do anything.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:41 pm

Try uninstalling then re installing it, my laptop plays up too, this Android phone is much better. No heating today, the boiler packed up, the engineer got it going, but said he needed to order spare parts for it, ten minutes after he left, it packed up again, so he brought me two brand new fan heaters, just to tide me over I still have hot water thankfully. Sanjay didn't seem to be uncomfortable, but one never knows!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Fan heaters are expensive, where l live we have a social landlord and 20 apartments l call them Masionettes, however my gas fire was condemed at the annual check a couple of years and l had a new one fitted. But one of my neighbours had the same problem just recently and he was told the Landlord had run out of money and he would have to manage with an electic fan heater.

Gas is much better and cheaper. All but three of us have central heating, the lady below me uses parafin heaters but the landlord does not care. I think central heating is too hot.
We are fortunate that we have a laundry room with washing machine and drier, it cost 60p to wash or dry. Around the car park are large grass areas and it is very pleasant sitting out under the trees watching the world go by. Billie would tell you if she could.

Does Sanjay have a hot water bottle? Billie was out of her cage all morning while l went shopping, she is as good as gold.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:30 pm

I love my gas CH, and with the winter fuel allowance and warm home discount, I manage fine, Im with Scottish Power. Paraffin heaters stink And cause condensation. The lovely old open fires with marble surrounds, which my rooms would have had, were ripped out years ago which is such a shame, I love open fires. Anyway I have a washer/dryer, the garden is miles long and there is no washing line, I wouldn't be without it, no laundry room here, the guys in the other flats dry their clothes on the radiators, then complain about mould and mildew. I don't know if these little low watt fan heaters are expensive to run, I don't care because Anything is better than nothing.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:59 am

400 watt is about half of a kilo watt and that costs about 8 p a kilo watt, per hour, so for a 8 hours you could be looking at 32 p does not sound much but it you push the heater up to 800 watts you double your cost. It is best to keep the fire on at its lowest setting on all the time. I do not know the comparison rates. I am with Scottish and Southern power, who are cheaper than Scottish power but it is all swings and roundabouts. Hope you get your gas heater back soon.

A couple of nights ago Billie wanted to go to bed at 3 pm but l made her stay up and gradually she has been getting later, tonoght it was 4.30 before she wanted to be covered.
I have been trying to keep her occupied with foot toys and games, she has no idea how to play foot ball as soon as she discovered it was not an eating games she gave up!

This afternoon l just had to vacumn the floor I asked her "What is all this mess on my floor?" And she replied "Your floor?"

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:14 pm

Scottish Power is exactly the same as S and S. It is still too cold in my flat to have a shower, so I hope they get that spare pump etc really soon!. Most of the tut on my floor has come from himself!, he likes to sing and chortle to the vacuum cleaner!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:40 pm

Billie dives for the her hand basin as soon as l switch on the vacumn cleaner, l give her a light misting after l have finished cleaning. Billie likes to share her tut, and throws it on the floor.

l left her open while l went to church gone 2 1/2 hours and she was sitting on her perch as if butter would not melt on the hot plate, she is so good.

She called to be covered at 3.30 pm but l persuaded her watch the sunset with me and so l covered her at 4.30 Have to think about the clocks going forwards next month l am inching the alarm clock ever earlier.

I have a fan heater in the bathroom and this morning l switched it on too early but my down stairs neighbour was being humped and they woke me up. I was looking at the Dysons air multiplyer and think i might be better than trying to sleep with one; fans are too noisy.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:48 pm

These are uber silent, thankfully. It was quite mild today, I preheated my wet room, then took the fan out so I could shower. Sanjay is allowing me to stroke his little red beak through the bars, won't be long before I can touch him! At the moment, outside the cage it's hands off smooches.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:01 pm

Billie climbs all over me, she allows touching but l have to careful not to let it get sexual, she flew to my shoulder yesterday and sat looking at me but l would not let her masturbate on me so gave up and flew back to her cage. She did not try that today.

First thing in the morning she comes to the top of the cage and l cup my hands around her scratching her neck with my thumbs. After she has warmed up she sits there while l do the chores and she loves the gas fire turned up. But afrter awhile it gets too hot even for her and she goes down.

I forgot to cook the omelette toaday so she went without today but she never complains.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:36 am

My boiler is being repaired on Thursday, they left a message saying March 4th!, so I phoned up and stuck the proverbial into them before Sanjay went into feather plucking mode, he was spitting feathers when I told him!. I have e mailed the manager, told her I expect my ten pounds a day compensation too!, there will be a seedy bar or two in that for himself.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:17 pm

That is good news but the weather has turned and it is getting warmer, maybe you won't need a boiler but if himself is like Billies she tells me when it too cold.

I went for miles and miles looking for a fir tree and l found one collected 20 or so fir cones and since it was near One stop shopping mall l looked for large sunflower seeds but could only get small ones. So l stuffed these into a fir cone and hung it up outside her cage. Oh what fun l had watching her trying to solve the problem of pulling up the cord.

She lifted it with her beak and then held the loop in a foot then she reached and pulled up another loop but she could not work out what happens next. Let go with her beak and she had a big loop, let go with her foot and she had to start again, after a couple of attempts she gave up! Typical woman.

We had such fun this afternoon she held out until 5 pm before wanting to be covered. As the days lengthen so l shall have to find things to keep her amused.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:15 pm

The days may be milder, but the nights are still cold. Besides, I live in an Edwardian house, 12ft ceilings etc. I hope you cleaned the cone, in case a dog had pee'd on it. You could tie intermittent knots in the string, to give her something to grip.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:41 pm

Knots are good l shall try her with a knot or two, it was shopping day to day and l bought a load of stuff. Bean srpouts it says on the packet (if you listen hard enough) DO NOT EAT RAW! I will see if Emma would like them. I bought a zucinninnini thing Billie tried but she did not like it, she does not like eating up the left overs, nor do l but some one has to. Probably be muggins. I bought an egg plant but shall try that on her tomorrow.

We shared an omelette this after noon as sooon as she hears the M/W she goes balistic! My spelling is atrocious.

In Asda l found some large sunflower seeds (Roasted and Salted) she likes them. I tried some they are disgusting.

I do not know about a dog peeing on the cones but l trod in some dog poo but cleaned it off in the loo at One Stop! I washed the cones and gave them 3 mins on high followed by 30 mins in the oven at 200f or was it c? They were pretty hot when they came out/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:01 pm

Sanjay doesn't mind Courgette, (zucchini in American). And aubergines are picked to pieces by him. I never give salted nuts or seeds, big plain sunflower seeds are sold in Asian or Afro Caribbean shops. Sanjay and I shared cheese on toast today, he likes it very muchly.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:19 pm

I washed all the sunflower seeds at least they do not taste salty, but it is only second best. I was loading up the fir cone with seeds and Billie saw me she flew to the arm of my chair and kept trying to pull the seeds out. I shooed her away and she swore at me, l never thought she knew such words.

But she has been very good today we played games this afternoon and enjoyed sharing an omlette she only had a two corners but you could see she smacked her lips at them. Egg plant did not even get a look in, the zuccinni is also not look at at, all this wasted money. Billie enjoyed the fire cone knots that was a very good idea she hauls away and up she comes/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:33 pm

Good. Sanjay didn't like some things at first he acquired a taste for them. I found passion fruit on ths market, 8 for a pound, he was extremely chuffed.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:17 pm

"Get back in your cage!"
Right you name is in the naughty book. She had been as good as gold today staying up until 5.30 pm, but she would not go in and at 6 pm just before the news started she finally decided to call it a day.

Passion fruit is not on her happy list, in fact the totally ignored the egg plant, however she did eat some seeded brocoli spears. This morning she was on her sleeping perch when l uncovered her, looking like death warmed up, she came for a cuddle but dashed off to do a poo.

"Not on the cage!" I shouted but too late she watched with interest as l cleaned up, "Do that again." I told her. "And l will make you clean up."

I have to keep her happy in the afternoons so she had a some millet rolled up in paper just like a reefer, then she had fun with a fir cone stuffed full of seeds, she had two corners of an omelette cooked in the micro wave which went down a treat We played peek a boo but the rules would shock you to the core/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:21 pm

Sanjay nibbled on a cinnamon stick while I had a go at gas repairs, they hadn't logged todays repair on their system, so now it's booked for the 17th, the woman said "oh but you've got an electric shower", and I replied, how am I supposed to shower in a freezing cold flat?, it's a wet room, so I can't exactly put a fan heater in there while I shower!. Never mind, I will have to preheat the room, but I didn't tell her that. Sanjay played out a bit longer today.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:47 pm

I get up at the crack of dawn, my alarms goes of at 7.15 am much to the annoyance of some of the men she has who stay the night with her below, there is no need to rush as the security lights in our car park do not go off until after 8 am, which is the time l go to wake up Billie.

As l uncover her she is on the top perch looking like death warmed. Then she gets a cuddle and l take her dishes with the wishes and go to clean them up while she has a poop in private.

We spent a good day together, she looked after her self as l played the organ, She has begun to moult which some of the best people say comes after the egg laying is done but they have been wrong before. Then l have brunch afterwards is her time, she gets a foot toy at 3 pm, this is followed by a fir cone stuffed with nuts, at 4 om we share an omelette.

Her days ends with "Get in your cage!" but she makes the time and wants to come out as soon as she has gone in. but after awhile she settles down and l cover her up, after clearing the decks it goes all quiet.

I have a wall heater in my bathroom which l switch on 30 mins before l have a shower, it makes a dickens of a noise to those below I say quietly. Tough!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:00 pm

My late parents had one of those combined light heater thingies that warned the top of your head and nothing else. Anyway, Sanjay gets up at 8am, but although he's still on his sleepy perch, he is always bright eyed and bushy tailed, and breaks into chortle song. We don't eat eggs every day, but he has a daily dried fig.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:59 pm

March Parrots mag is out, mine came though the letter box, there are some interrsting articles PDD and another on biting, the hormonal parrot which true to form they said needed to be trained out of biting, not so with Billie. I have come to the concluision that a lot of her hormonal behavior was due to bowel movements or lack of it, constipation.

Today she sat on top of the cage while l cleaned the bowls, she called me and was sitting looking very smug. She had pooped. I patted her on the head and said. "Well done Bille!"
She beamed with pride. If l take too long in the kitchen l get the Indian Ring neck death rattle. She has lots of ways she comunicates and l can tell when she is smiling!

Her poop is lime green which proves she is eating some pellets which l mix in with her seeds.
Her moult continues and so l have added oyster shell to her seeds, she gets vitamins as well she perked up no end when l started to give her vitamins/

We had omelette again today she loves it but l must cut down for my sake not hers.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:23 pm

I agree, too much of a good thing and all that. I don't get my parrots mag until around the 20th of the month, I don't have mine delivered, it's on order from a newsagent, I couldn't guarantee getting it, there are some peculiar folk around. Sanjay thinks it is spring, because now he has started calling to his wild cousins, and interrupting their conversations. I hope he is right!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:13 pm

Yes we have snow drops waving their heads in the breeze, warmer but still cold.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:54 am

And crocuses here. Blackberries today, no doubt there will be purple splats on his newspaper tomorrow, hey ho!. I had to buy a new "Guinea pig " ball, he chucked the last one and it broke, he still played with the halves and the plastic inner bell though, but he much prefers the new one.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:38 pm

I looked in our local Wilco but could not see one, but l will have another look tomorrow, as l am runnuing out of fir cones.

Billie did not want to go to bed tonight no amount of shouting "Get back into your Bxxxxy cage helped, l turned all the lights off she did not turn a hair, so l switched the TV off and we sat in the dark, in the end l gave in and switched the TV back on. After screaming at me several time she gave up and went into the cage for a quick nosh, l jumped up and slammed the door shut, just made it as she was about to put her boot in.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:59 pm

As they do, and they can't half shift!, I remember when Sanjay wouldn't go back into his nursery cage he'd pop in for a nosh, and keep one beady eye on me, if I so much as twitched, he was out again at the speed of light!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:37 pm

Tonight Billie has been a lot better behaved today, I had to go shopping this morning and l looked in Wilco but all they had for Guinea pigs was a reed ball, however l did not buy that when l got home l Billie gave me a royal welcome, so after playing the organl had my midday meal, and then sat down to enjoy her company. She was trying to bathe in her seed bowl so l took her into the bathroom and she sat on the clothes horse while l turned on the shower she loved it was upside, l added to her enjoyment by misting as well.

This was the first shower of the year and possibly the first in 6 months, l turned on the fan heater as l cleared up and she did not want to go, but by leaning the clothes horse towards me she stepped up onto my shouder.

When she was drier l gave her a fir cone loaded with seeds, we did not have an omelette today but she got a piece Shaw's egg biscuit. Later at 5.45 pm she went into the cage and l slammed the door shut and closed down the top, she was totally unconcerned, just like when l got back from shopping l had bought a mint Herb plant and put it into a corner of her cage.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:16 pm

She will soon demolish that!. Boiler man, well, baby boiler man spent two and a half hours on said boiler, but didn't have a blow torch, so couldn't undo a bolt, and could not change the pump, never mind, says he the old pump is fine, the sensor was the important bit, Wrong, two hours after he left, it packed up again. Experienced grown up repair man comes, it Definitely Needs a New Pump, q'elle surprise!. So, now he has to track the infant down, get the new pump from him, then come back tomorrow afternoon to finish the job properly. Sanjay was late having his playtime today, but took it in good part. He will spit feathers tomorrow, when he realises we've got the whole rigmarole Again!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:23 am

The saga continues, new pump fitted today, guess what? It needs a new pressure valve, so no hot water either until Friday, but I shan't hold my breath.
Interesting article in todays Daily Telegraph about "Ring Tailed (sic) Parakeets, the article does eventually get the name correct, and how they are colonising, threatening native birds and agriculture but as the author rightly states, they are here to stay regardless of legislation stating there is a right to shoot them.
I didn't let Sanjay read it, and I will make sure it is within splat range when I use it in his cage.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:03 pm

That is the beauty of Billie's cage it has a plastic tray that gets washed every morning. I bought some melon and she has an eightth where the pomegranite used to reside, After she went off P, l tried that cucumber thing, and egg plant neither got eaten. She thinks the melon is a bit messy, but white cabbage got a good look in, l moved her bath (in a seed bowl) to the dog bowl and put it on the floor of the cage.

She does not like it there and has chucked in all the things she does not want to eat in. l changed the water but it still looks like vegeatable soup.

The mornings are getting light earlier, so l advanced the alarm clock to 7.15am but even so l got told off for uncovereing her well after sun rise. If she thinks l will get up at 4 am in the summer she has another think coming!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Sanjays palace has a metal grid, with metal trays underneath, the newspaper makes it easier to keep clean.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:37 pm

I took the grid out to give Billie more room and to play on the floor of the cage.

I bought her a tubular bell from Northern parrots l ordered it yesterday it came in the post this morning, she quite lkes it but trying to find a place to hang it was a bit hard. When l first open her up she comes for a cuddle and l put my hands aorund her and scratch her neck. After that l take the bowls out to be cleaned and she calls to say she has pooped away from the cage. She does not poop on the floor of her cage but sticks her tail out and poops on the carpet protector.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Thanks for sharing. Daddi bought Sanjay a tubular bell, and he absolutely Loves it, he gets a lot of play value from it.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:56 pm

I have tried to teach Billie to say "Cock a doodle do" when she poops, but she came very close to it when she announced her approval of the tubular bell"

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:58 pm

I have just noticed that on the bottom of the reply page is the word SUBMIT

I object stongly l will never submit!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:42 pm

I find it amazing how my life alters when l read the instructions, l had to get some more sunfower seeds out of the cupboard and as l poured them into a container l read the intructions, "Crack open with your teeth and discard husk." Now they tell me now me, l wondered why tasted so awful.

Billie today gave me a royal send off when l went to church, she stood on tip top and let rip l almost did not go, but when l got back she seems to be saying "You here again?"

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:21 pm

"So What's your game then?" When l leave the room Billie sings and chortles and whistles then she gives me the indian death threat rattle but when l go back in she falls silent.

Mind you l have two doors l can go out by one leads to the stairs and the outside and if l attempt to go out by that door she flies to my shoulder, so l have to go out by the other door, but woe betide me if l exit the kitchen at the top of the stairs she gets quite alarmed.

She was ever so good at bed time, going in at the first ask. I wonder what she wants?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Well, my boiler was finally sorted on Friday, another two parts, sigh. So I've been catching up on hot water jobs around the flat. If I leave the room, Sanjay clings to the front of his palace, itching to know where I'm going and why. He is going to bed half an hour later now that's ok.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:50 pm

Bet Sanjay is still getting up at 8 am? tut tut.

Billie gets up at 7 am willy nilly, l throw back the curtains and she is blinking in the brightness. We do not get the sun until afternoons. She has been very good today apart from biting me on the cheek. What Cheek l said l had some wooden sticks in my hand and she wanted me to give her one but they have gone rock hard, so l was collecting them together to throw away.

To show her there was no hard feelings l bought her a soft blue toy when l was out shopping, it looks like a dragon. In a book l wrote the dragon is called Oodles because he is short of noodles, I put the dragon toy on the cage and Billie looked at it from above and the below then she reached up to bite a foot.

I yelled "Ouch!" and she nearly jumped out of her skin! Later l went to take it off the cage and the fuss she made you would have thought it was the end of the world. And she sang today which was lovely, l asked her "What keeps you off the stage?" But she was non plussed and l thought all along it was the broom.

I was going to leave Oodles in her cage but l thought Oodles would be scared so l did not.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Sanjay has a sqeaky chipmunk toy, he likes to give it a good beaking to. I wouldnt dream of waking him early, he would look like death warmed up.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:00 pm

Billie looks awful on the mornings, she is going through a moult and look like a rag bag but l was ever so pleased with her today.

I put the blue dragon soft toy on top of her cage and she ignored it all day but after supper, and she reminds me at 5 pm. Two smallpieces of an omelette. She approached this toy and gave him a push, and then retreated. She then burst out into song.

She kept going up to the toy and giving it a push, and she was singing to it and chortling
it was so nice to hear her voice, l hope she will continue tomorrow.

I think she likes getting up early soon after a cuddle and this morning she wanted to eat some greenery first then she went off to poop. Out side the cage on the plastic carpet protector. And she gets a big thank you from me.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:13 pm

Sanjay has been singing priddy toons a lot recently, it's definitely spring!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:17 pm

Billie still looks like a dogs dinner and she has totally ignored Oodles and she has done no singing. She started to paddle in the dog's water bowl (n her cage) and when l took no notice she tried to have a swim in a seed bowl full of water, she would not come on my hand so l offered her a perch and we went into the bath room where she flew to the clothes horse and sat there waiting for something to happen.

She turned up side down and went down three rungs but when l turned on the water she got a skin full and turned right way up. What with the extra spray from me she got very wet. But when l turned everything off she wanted to sit under the bathroom heater, but it got very hot so l turned that off too. I leant the clothes towards me and she had to step up on my shoulder but when l turned to open the door she flew back to the clothes horse, so l had use a perch to take her back to the LR.

This evening l stood patting Oodle on the head and this ignighted a flame of jealousy in harded Hananhas heart and she charged and threw Oodles down and dived down daring me to rescue him and lose a finger, but when her back was turned l enticed him out with a a promise of a hug and she was very annoyed and would not even look at me but at bed time she made up and wanted to go bed l did not dare to put Oodles back.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:33 pm

Well, Billie has certainly got you well sussed!, Sanjay doesnt have an ounce of jealousy in his whole body. We dont have a name for his sqeaky toy, although Im sure he could think of one if he wanted.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Do you leave Squeaky in Sanjay's cage over night? Billie has totally ignored Oodles today, except when l went to take him out she put up a bit of a fuss. This morning l went to take a fir cone off the string and she tried to bite me. I said in no uncertain terms "What do you think you are doing? She backed off with some surprise on her face she is not used to being told off!

The poor thing wanted to get to the top of the cage to poop, but had to let it go before she got there, all over the cage! She had egg biscuit instead of omelette today, as l thought her poop looked a little eggy, and tomorrow she will only get one small piece of omelette, l might give Oodles a small piece.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:53 pm

Coo, you eat a lot of egg, don't you?. No, If I left the chipmunk over night it would be ripped to shreds. This morning there was a blackbird singing outside, we both enjoyed it very muchly, but the nightingale is our favourite.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:09 pm

Last year Billie responded to the bird calls from the garden and when we used to sit out in the sun she got all excited if a bird called her but so far this year the windows have been tightly closed and she has not heard any calls from the garden.

I quiet like an omelette, l buy them from ASDA already cooked 85p each frozen. Its Biile who eats the egg biscuit not me.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:14 pm

I took her tray out to clean and there was a big hairy spider, l showed Billie she took one look and retreated to the top of the cage, l think she more frightend than l was, l had to fish it out on a piece of paper in the bath room.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:35 pm

"If you want to live and thrive, let a spider run alive", I used to be an arachnophobe, until I accidentally touched a spider, now I can put them outside. Buzzing things put the wind up Sanjay, it's an inbuilt instinct in all creatures, except the buzzing thing, I think. There is a local wild bird who can mimic Sanjay perfectly!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:45 pm

My aunt had a parrot and it was on the first floor of a big house in Finsbury and when any one rang the front door bell it would shout "No milk today Thank you" and the milkman thought it was my aunt!

Wasps really scare Billie we had a nest somewhere near by but a neighbour burnt them out

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:34 pm

I have had the best day ever with Billie, she wanted another shower this morning, one yesterday and now one today, well it was a quick one afterwards l gave her a squirt from Johnson's Superpreen she hated it so to make up a gave her a couple of squirts of Aloe Vera l keep in the fridge.

Then l started to play the organ and she sang along too, it was great and for the first time in 18 months she said Hallo three times, shortly after l got her she said hallo twice that was in August 2013 and then nothing until this morning! I was ever so pleased.

She was very quiet after l returned from a short walk. She has gone off the fir cone and seeds, so tomorrow l must look for some thing new to keep her amused. She is off pomegranites too, l shall have to look for something to hang up in its place, l am thinking of a grapefruit.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Does she like kiwi fruit? Sanjay likes to bore through them, to get to the seeds. Yes, just when you think they've forgotten their humanese they blurt something out.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:32 pm

Coo, there's a picture of Sanjays palace on page ten of the March issue of Parrots magazine!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:06 pm

It's big enough for ten Sanjay's has he thought about taking in a lodger? I like the seed catchers and wheels.

Went shopping this mornin g to ASDA they have a habit of hanging bags on the checloit counted and things you have bought slip underneath, happened to me today. I had bought some cheese but when l got home l could find it. So htis afternoon a ltrudged bacj and discovered the shelve was full, surely they did not fill up for one or was that the one l bought back on the shelf?

This morning l left Oodles on her cage which l always leave open when l got back Oodles was still there he had not moved and she was very pleased to see me but when l dashed out again this afternoon l left her closed up as l did not know how long l would be but in the end l realized it would have been two inches.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:21 pm

It's big enough for him to fly around inside, that's the main thing. It's annoying when you have to go back to a shop, but it's infuriating when you unpack your groceries and realise something you bought is missing.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:37 pm

Take it on the chin, grin like mad and go back and buy it again is my policy,

Billie was talking to OOdles today it sounded like "Get up! Get up!" No omelette today l gave her some cheese, but she was not keen. She had a shower today and get very wet. l am not sure that all these showers are doing her any good she has finished moulting but shrugs her shoulders as if she still itches. Her feathers used to lie flat but they are very coarse, l suppose they will get better, I must weigh her soon.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:05 pm

They are probably cuticles, like umbrella covers, they pick them off and voila! There's a brand new feather. She probably itches where the new feathers are growing in, so keep using glycerin and rosewater, and aloe, to cool and soothe. Is she having "Feather Up"?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Yes she swears by Feather up, l think 7.30 am is too early for her, she just sat there when l took the covers came off. She is going to bed at 5 pm ish so she is only just getting 14 and half hours sleep

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:03 am

Officially, Sanjay gets the prescribed 12 hours, 8am to 20.00 hrs, I say officially, because I can hear noshing sounds from behind the cover,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:55 pm

I cannot sleep in the same room as Billie she wakes me up when she moves around so l sleep in the bed room (naturally) and she sleep in the LR.

I weighed her today, l offered her a half nelson if she was good but said if l tried that on she would give me a chinese burn, so l told her in no uncertain terms that if she did l would give her a dead leg, but when it came to the weigh in l had to towel her as she chickened out, she struggled so much l could not work out which end l was holding until her head popped out and she bit me.

I managaed to get her on the scales and then scales decided to play the goat and switch off so l had to lift her up switch the scales back and put her down carefully removing the towel but not before she got another bite in and then scales decided to take the biscuit by not settling down, they do this when the batterery is low or the M/W is on.

I am sick and tired of buying scales that do not work so l thought l would get a decent set from Northern Parrots but they just have put the price up to £71!!!!! No way hosea!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Is it absolutely necessary to weigh her? Is it worth the stress to you both?. I have never weighed Sanjay, I just don't see the point.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:11 pm

I give her too much too eat and l sometimes l think she is over weight, besides a check on her weight every month will pin point health problems, and besides l think she sees it as a game/

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:34 pm

My scales are behaving as they should and l cannot explain why they went haywire, how ever yesterday l manged to get her weight before they went loco
it was 252 grams that is a drop of 7 grams since Feb. Good.

Today we had omelette, and she enjoyed a foot toy of millet spray, she has has been eating a lot of fruit recently but is still losing feathers a wing one today

She does enjoy a play bed time play where l use on of the blankets to cover her and she tries to bite my fingers, I had to ask her "We are playing aren't we?"
"Sure." She said.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:38 pm

I don't think birds overeat, especially hormonal ones, I understood they only eat what they want, and it has to be a considerable amount due to their metabolism. Quite simply, she would not accept food if she didn't need it. In Sanjays case he is constantly on the go, and when I stroke him, he hasn't an ounce of fat anywhere. The breast area is the giveaway. Feisty little madam, your Billie, isn't she?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:58 am

Sanjay threw a strop today, totally out of character, I was putting his fresh food in situ, when he came down from the chandelier like a squawking stuka, divebomb, pecked my finger then flew off again, wot the ??? The peck wasn't even a peck really, it certainly didn't hurt, and definitely didn't bleed. I have absolutely No idea, I can only speculate I wasn't doing things quickly enough for him.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:37 pm

Bad hair day.

I got bitten this evening when we played the blanket game, l knew some one would get hurt and it was me, l showed her the blood but l saw her licking her lips.

My alarm clock battery decided to go flat this morning just when l needed to get up early but my downstairs neighbour came to the rescure by banging around at 7.15 am!

Life is good

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:15 pm

You must spend a fortune on Elastoplast. And you say life is good? Oy vey!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:51 pm

I am fortunate that l am not a bleeder and although Billie draws blood it quickly stop and l do not need elastoplast.

Today we tried out a new foot toy a stick of carrot wrapped in paper, she picked all the paper of it and then had a chew. She still has a lot of millet spray left over so l did not think a foot toy of millet spray would do, about 4 pm she has an end of an end of a omelette but since l am the one who eats most it and wanting to avoid being egg bound she had to make do with Shaw's egg biscuit.

She dropped one of her tail feather today so maybe we are coming to the end of the moult. she had a lovely shower in my bathroom this morning.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Sanjays tail feathers grow back very very quickly. He has a green plastic millet holder, so he has to forage for it. I like to grow a big pot of chilli peppers, I sowed the seeds in January and the plant is flourishing, organic and totally fresh, he loves to hold them and nibble them. There's a variety called "volcano" but I haven't sourced a supplier as yet

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:50 pm

I gave Billie some tinned sardines once but her beak stank of fish for days after so she can fish if she wants any more, but poor old Sanjay chilli pepper will blow him up no wonder he can only hold them. Billie does not like peppers full stop.

Shopping today so the larder is filled with new things for her to try, l bought some baby figs
but she igmnored them even when l cut one in half it only got a peck, she quite likes the orange sharon fruit l bought, she was chewing on the asparagas stalks and found it hard going until l showed her the heads were better. She prefers tangerines to oranges so l bought some of each, some blackberries those are for tomorrow.

It was so nice this afternoon we went out to sit in the garden, she was crowing with excitemnt, she loves it when neighbours come up and say hallo, but the wind was cold so we had to come back in.

She has nearly finished the moult but l will continue with "Feather up" and extra vitiamins for awile yet.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:19 pm

Sanjay adores chilli peppers, he has them every day, but doesn't like Sharon fruit. Asparagus goes down the little red chute very nicely. I shop tomorrow for the market and the Asian stall there is usually something he likes and they sell the big rugby ball type of papaya.He gets a thick slice in his bowl, alternate days with a half galia melon. We shared cooked chicken slices today, I will buy him a goose egg tomorrow, if the egg stall has any otherwise it will be duck egg.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:27 pm

Does Sanjay get peppers every day?

Does he get a whole goose egg?

Billie gets two corners of an omelette on four days and Shaw's egg biscuit on off days.

Bille pulled Oodles off his perch and he land up on the cage floor, l went to rescue him but Billie lunged at me l only just got my hand out with Oodles in time, later l was putting some asparagus on the cage and she lunged again this time she made contact and bit my knuckle, l shut her in until she said sorry, but she totally ignorred me, but after 20 mins l let her out with a warning "Do that again and l will give you to the rag and bone man." She was very contrite and allowed me to scratch her neck.

She had a lovely shower today in my bath room with plenty of misting on top. she is beginning to look well groomed again.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:22 pm

He certainly does!, and he shares Billies penchant for satsumas. I got him some Russet apples, for a change,he usually has Braeburn or Pink Lady. The Bitter Melon are huge. made his eyes boggle when I hung one up, anyway, no more divebombs since, he is his usual amiable and affable self. :lol:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:57 pm

Billie has become very possessive of her cage and wants to bite my hand if I go near her she has been eating cuttle fish bone l wonder if this is a prelude to egg laying?

We shall have to wait and see.

I moved her seed bowl, which has annoyed her and also l brought up all the food bowls from the floor of the cage, I dashed out today and bought some millet spray and more Kaytee cockartiel pellet mix which she quite likes. I mix it all up in the seed bowl, the first to go in are charcoal and oyster shell and she likes to inspect each ingredient as it goes in, she does not want to disappoint me so she moves the charcoal and oyster shell around.

Then the Kaytee and she inspects that very closely, then her seeds there are certain seeds she picks out, then a couple of drops of vitamins and finally Feather up. She likes a portoin of millet spray wrapped up in paper as a foot toy.

She does not like melon, has gone off pomegranites, and blackberries, but l just put it all in her cage and let her eat what she wants.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:06 pm

Sanjay had a blonde moment today, he decided to chew through a hanging toy whilst He was hanging on it upside down, the result was, toy crashed to the cage floor and he was left clinging to the ceiling bars, wondering "wot the ???". Ah well, I bet he does it again one day ......

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:42 pm

It has been friday 13th for Billie too, she was openning her beak wide l could see down her gullet, l thought something was wrong with her and but as she has down this before and survived l was not too worried, but l came to the conclusion she was too hot, it was 77 f in my LR l like it hot.

She had a lot of exercise today, every time l went to the LR door and opened it she flew to my shoulder, and l took her back to her cage and she hopped on, this happened a dozen times and more. She also told me she wanted a shower this morning and with misting she was nicely wet.

No omelette today so she had to settle for Shaw's egg biscuit. I had some slices of fruit loaf to keep me going.

I bought Bille a big tubular bell but she is not keen on it she does like to look at her reflection in it. She also has a small bell but she never rings it. I do not know why l bother.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:06 pm

Sanjay has loved bells since he was a chickster the tubular bell is his favourite she might change her mind, Sanjay .now likes things he wasn't keen on before. No drama today he's been as good as gold which was great because I had to go to the hair salon. My daughter was born on Friday 13th it is when the Knights Templar were put to death, that is why it's considered unlucky, daft!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:46 pm

Parrots is out, some interesting articles. Won't spoil the susprise.

The local coucnil have sent me a demand to pay council tax and it has left me upset strange to say Billis is upset too she has been sitting on the bottom of her cage, l had to coax her out by waving Oodles at the top this got her going!

We did not sleep too well last night the local town drunks had a party downstairs and were arguing about a can of beer at 4 am! I use ear plugs wax ones to muffle the sound but Billie has to cope in other ways. She has not dropped any more feathers but she has pin feathers on her head, and l cannot stroke her and she is still itchy. She had a nice shower this morning and lots of misting with what ever and some aloe vera.

Good old Sanjay.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:00 pm

The trouble is, if we report anti social behaviour, we are sent reams of "log sheets" and told we have to log events for several Weeks before anything can be done, and then there's "mediation" where we are expected to "kiss and make up". Be careful of ear plugs, when I used them I ended up with Labyrinthitis, and it goes on for Weeks.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:05 pm

I got it.

Today l banged the doors played my organ loudly shouted at Billie, give them hell is my motto, now it is their turn

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:18 pm

It's a pity we don't have metal dustbins anymore, you could play the "cymbals" outside their door when they are sleeping it off. Poor Billie, did she really deserve being shouted at?, or was she in on it?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Poor Billie my foot,

We play at bed time a bit of rough housing but she does not understand my fingers are soft and her beak hard, and when she want to play in the moring well she gets shouted at.

She tells me when she wants a shower, or a treat. l was looking at her beak this morning and was jolly pleased to see the red outer skin has grown lower.

The neighbour has been walking on eggs today although one of her boy frieds who has an all night taxi dropped by at 5 am and tapped on her window some people just do not show any comnsideration for others. But l had a good nightssleep.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Poor Billie my foot,

We play at bed time a bit of rough housing but she does not understand my fingers are soft and her beak hard, and when she want to play in the moring well she gets shouted at.

She tells me when she wants a shower, or a treat. l was looking at her beak this morning and was jolly pleased to see the red outer skin has grown lower.

The neighbour has been walking on eggs today although one of her boy frieds who has an all night taxi dropped by at 5 am and tapped on her window some people just do not show any consideration for others. But l had a good nights sleep.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:01 pm

I read you the first time. I am on Amitriptyline at bedtime, because I suffer from PTSD, (I served in Belfast), so I sleep like a baby, the neighbours could hold an all night rave and I wouldn't hear them, but before they got my medication right a mouse breaking wind would have woken me. No wonder Billie munches on you if you play rough!, Sanjay is a gentle sensitive little soul, he only really gets stroppy with his toys. Yes, he lets me know when he wants a shower, a treat, and when he wants his night time cover. If I ask him if he's ok, he opens his beak and makes a little noise, as if to say "yes". The same happens when I come home, and ask him if he's been good. He still makes a little noise like "thank you" when he gets his fresh rations, and I've always automatically said "you're welcome", we make a great double act sometimes.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:15 pm

I was a bit worried that Billie had PTSD but she has not which was good. I used to take sleepeers Zimovane but my Doctor (New) would not prescribe them and l had to go through cold turkey until l could sleep with out them now it takes two alarm clocks to wake me, one has a nice chime but the other is very rude and has a bell it even wakes the down stairs neighbour.

When Billie tries to bite my fingers in the morning l say "Naughty!" and she looks at as if butter would not melt in her mouth, she has such beautiful eyes my heart melts when she flutters her eye lashes at me.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Fortunately, animals tend to recover from trauma better than humans. Sanjay demolished an entire cuttlefish bone this afternoon!, just a little pile of powder on his perch now. Coo! Has Billie got eyelashes?, I can't see Sanjays, his eyes are ubiquitous, and he can see through the back of his head, he doesn't miss a trick!, I swear he even sleeps with one eye open.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:05 pm

You will have to stop using these big words, ubigquitous does that mean he can see under water? The last time Bille polished off a whole cuttle fish bone she laid an egg, l am beginning to worry about ms Sanjay.

Billie does not like being looked at, l was thinking of something else and she went and sat at the bottomof the cage, she puts up with Oodles sitting on her cage but when he flies in (He is a stuffed dragon, aren't they all?) she puts up quite a shin dig.

I bought some chicken breast today, l gave her a piece but she spat it out so l put it into her bowl. You would think the end of world had come, talk about chickey lickey, so l took it out.

I told her tonight that the blanket game is off because she is too rough but she looked at me and l agreed to give it another go and when ever my fingers got near her beak she only mouthed them.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:14 pm

Ubiquitous means everywhere, and he can see under ths shower, (ahem). Sanjay loves a piece of chicken, duck, and goose. (s) he has nowhere to lay eggs, never goes anywhere near the floor of the cage, so I think he was just in a demolishing frame of mind. He does the same when I give him big bunches of coriander or dill, it gets ripped to shreds.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:25 pm

Billie had a shower today and she climbed down the clothes horse first time this year, l have a hand spray that pushes onto the sink taps but she is really is scared of this.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:27 pm

Those hand spray jobbies can be quite fierce, and I can add glycerin and rosewater to a spray bottle. I haven't been presented with any hen fruit I'm pleased to say.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:57 pm

Don't speak too soon, the jury is still out.

Billie prefers Shaws egg biscuit to omelettes, she turned her nose up at seconds. She tolerates me putting my hand in her cage when l do the cleaning but oh no not later in the day. This afternoon l wanted to check that the water bottle was working, NIP!!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Ha! That will teach you!, Sanjay only allows my hands in his cage when he is out, even if he is just sitting on top of the door nibbling at my clothing or hair. Whenever I say "come on out then" he obliges nicely. When I do a big clean, he retreats to the chandelier and watches closely, probably making sure I do a thorough job.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:02 pm

Yes they are funny, l was cleaning Billie's cage inside and usually she tolerates my hand inside but this morning she gave me a hard nip. I closed down her cage and took the upper perch out but l relented after all she is only a bird and l put back the upper perch, she came up to the top of the cage and offered me a kiss as if to say sorry.

She had a shower and then wanted to have a bathe in her swimming (dog) bowl so she got a second shower. She dropped another tail feather today l think it is the last one.

This evening she wanted to be covered at 4.30 pm and with covers on l was watching TV with the sound up and l heard this knocking sound so turned the volume down it stopped.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:11 pm

Maybe it was Billie?. I popped out today to get compost for my begonia corms, and there was an Asian stall with rugby ball papayas, for some reason himself prefers a slice of these rather than the little pear shaped papayas tesco sell. If I halve a tesco one he chucks it overboard. Goodness knows what difference there is in taste. They both have little peppery black seeds. Anyway, its the Vernal equinox tomorrow what we Pagans call Eostre, you can see where the word "Easter" came from. I've told Sanjay No Easter eggs ta very muchly!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Billie and I did not think much of the eclipe, in fact we never saw it, l was waiting for it to go dark but it never did. But she has been behaving strangely today as if she some thing was up.

Herself has gone off corn on cob and pomegranite is also off, l am at my wits end (not that l have any) trying to find some fresh for her to eat. She still likes swede, brocoli, sweet peas, cabbage. The chicken l bought l have eaten it. I tried her with papaya but she did not like it.

The last time Gordon came she flew to his shoulder but today when he came she flew to my shoulder. Her downstairs has been very quiet, still mustn't complain.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Funnily enough, Sanjay seemed a bit unnecessary when the eclipse was going on, it went a bit dull but not dark, then, as if to add insult to injury, the gas servicing guy came to do the annual safety check himself stayed glued to back perch on one leg the whole time he was here. I asked Sanjay "are you alright?" and he made his usual noise of assent. My boiler needs a bigger pipe, so it was "condemned". No hot water Or heating this time, sigh.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:33 pm

You are having a tough time you should demand a reduction in the rent it is always a worry when the annual gas check takes place, a couple of years ago they condemmed my LR gas fire and l was fortunate that the HA allowed a new one to be fitted, but a neighbour was told last year that the money had run out and he would have to make do with an electric fire.

On a cold and frosty morning there is nothing like a gas fire going flat out to warm the LR. Most of the flats (21) here had central heating installed but that is too hot for me so l refused. The lady downstairs has central heating but she cannot afford to run it full on so she supplements it with parafin heaters. (Stink.)

We had a bit of a fight over the hamster cage Billie would not go in it so l had to towel her and she would not let go of perch, but a crafty hand hold from underneath and bingo she was in the cage and we went outside but it was quite cold so we came back in pronto, but l was pleased she gave the thumbs up to the perch in the hamster cage.

I sat down in my leather reclining swivel chair and something went bang and l could no longer swivel. I dug out the guarantee. Would you believe it? the guarantee ran out 9 days ago. So l ordered a new chair form Argos but they want 7 weeks to deliver, so l turned over the chair and lo and behold discovered a previous repair when a bolt sheared off so l put in a temporary bolt and it is okay. But l wondered why l had not claimed on the guarantee and l found out when l read it, the guarantee does not cover for wear and tear!

And l expect if l can buy some new bolts and cancel my order they will have taken the money already and will take weeks to put it back! Oh well such is life!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:50 pm

We canceled a three piece suite from Argos because it wasn't delivered when they said it would Twice!. Sanjay has emptied his millet holder Twice today, scoffed the lot!. Its only the pipework the baby gas man said, its too small, that's peculiar I replied it was put in twenty years ago, how come nobody has noticed before now?, he said its ok to use, but he had to condemn it to cover his back what a twit!. As it hasn't given me problems with its "too small" pipes thus far, I am using it anyway, it was bitter cold today.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Gas men have to abide the regs laid down by H&S if something ghastly were to happen they could end up in prison, so be careful not to upets them as they could condemn your gas appliance and then where would you be?

I often think Argos buy slightly imperfect goods but l think it is the manuafacturers dumping their bad stock on Argos customers hoping we won't compain.

I give Billie a sprig of millet wrapped up in paper as a foot toy, but recently she has not eaten all the millet.

I bought a Dyson cool desk fan (Argos) and it so good l thought throwing out my pedestal fan (Argos) but now l have put that at the bottom of the stair case on an extension lead now if my stair well stinks of canabis l can switch the fan on from up stairs and do not need to have the window open so wide which was a worry in case Billie got out in the stair well she would be out of the open window like a shot.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Have you ever planted "Crown Imperial" bulbs? This elegant spring showstopper smells Exactly like cannabis!, it is described as a "foxy" odour. I think Sanjay must be pregnant, another holder of millet went down the little red road today. The guy said He, personally Would use the boiler, last time he came out when I had problems with the boiler, he made matters worse, and a grown up gas man had to sort it out, he condemned the boiler upstairs for the same reason, both boilers installed at the same time, methinks he isn't considering the difference between the old system of measurements to metric.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:42 am

Yus, Definitely pregnant, he demolished a cuttlebone in Minutes today!, anyway, read the Liberta article in "parrots" mag, now they issue a booklet with new cages, About Time!, all we got were smudgy diagrams on A4 paper, and the fun and games with the Liberta Discovery roof!, countless phone calls and they didn't know how it went on, finally, daddi thought he'd try "springing" it, and it worked, but only after he tied rope to it and braced himself against a wall!, fortunately the Raleigh roof bolted on. When I got home today himself was asking to come out and play, but he had to wait until the groceries had been put away, and I had changed into Sanjay safe clothes. Oy vey!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:32 pm

Is your landlord responsible for gas boilers?

I think Billie's egg laying days are over until next year, (I hope) she has not touched the cuttle fish bone, although a put a little oyster shell in seed bowl just for her feathers. Billie ate a lot of cuttlefish bone when she was laying, so what will Sanjays name become if he lays an egg? Hardly Miss Sanjay.

Maybe he is bisexual like snails, when two snails meet each other they wave their antenna around and the one who rapes the other becomes the daddy and on who gets raped is the mommy!

I know my neighbours think l am eccentric but l wonder what they would think if they saw me planting 100 watt bulbs!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:19 pm

100 bulbs? Wot?, yes my landlord is responsible, and they're obviously in No hurry to get me hot water and heating, I half expected them to contact me today with an appointment. Because I call himself sweetie as a term of endearment, he will still be sweetie, but Sanjay to my little grandson, to avoid confusion. He doesn't eat the cuttlebone so much as nibble and spit out, but he gets a lot of play value for 50p,, you can't get much else for 50p these days.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:53 pm

Yes l should have said long life bulb, so the nest idea is on the back burner?

l was a in bit of hurry this morning and l was just about to go out when l realized l had not checked my bank accout so quickly switching on when Norton safe search asled me if l want to make it my home page and with out thinking l clicked yes/ Big mistake

How ever l dealt with the bank and then tried to get IE back but in my haste clicked AOL that is impossible to dislodge l had to type IE address in the address bar before AOL would let go even now it is not right.

But all the time l was in the BR l could hear Billie chirping away and whistling my tunes but she never does that when l am there.

She had a small piece of omelette and a crust for Tea.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:50 pm

Sanjay and I shared purple sprouting broccoli. Why don't you set everything back on Default browser?. Nest box?, he never goes down to his basement area!. No, as much as I may joke, Sanjay is just a greedy little thing!, a couple of times this evening, he almost landed on me, but wussed out at the last minute.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:48 pm

It was not until MissK suggested that l put s perch a few inches off the bottom and Billie went down that low, but she chewed that perch in half but she regularly makes forays to the bottom realm. (Billie not MissK!)

Today she wanted a shower and later another shower and then she started to skiiny dip so l topped up her swimming pool so that she is in up to her neck/

Wanted

Water wings for an Alex parrot.

I think if she keeps this up she could be soon in over her head!

Sometimes it is a little difficult to read Billie's signals, l bought a soft dragon shape toy which l call Oodles because he is short of noodles, Billie tolerated it on her cage but she tries to attack me when Oodles flies in, l thought she would be better off with out him so l took Oodles out of the cage and Billie flew to my shoulder and started to bite my neck!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Coo!, a vampire!, sunglasses rather than water wings, maybe?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:38 pm

I put little snacks on top of her cage and on the side where Oodles sits she went to get a snack and looked at Oodles as if to ask permision, or to see whether he was going to slap her down.

Does Sanjay get upset at sunset? Bille does she stands on tip toe and sends out an alarm or distress call, she looks very worried.

I have left Oodles in her cage over night but since he cost me £5 l do not want to see him ripped to pieces over night, so he flies in from his night stand and sits by her upper perch.
Billie tries to grab him as he passes but after he has landed she ignores him until it is time to go to bed when he flies out.

Oodles is a weather dragon if you ask him nicely he will tell you whether it is going to rain.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:15 pm

You really should get out more. No, I close my curtains at sundown, and himself doesn't care either way, he has his own personal sunlight, (UV). Did you watch Richard III's internment?, I found it rather beautiful, and moving, especially the poem, written by Carol Ann Duffy, and read by Benedict Cumberbatch, (who is also a descendent).
Henry VIII was wrong to assume, by executing Margaret, Countess of Salsbury, he'd killed off the last Plantagenet.
Hey ho, Sanjay has stopped destroying seed bars, cuttle bones and toys, for now anyway.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:49 pm

I neither watch nor go to funerals, my motto is let the dead bury the dead. I won't even go to my own! However l think the burial of King Richard 111 has sparked interest by a lot of people in history, which is a good thing.

As for going out l am too busy, although l did dash out today and went to Tesco's as Billie has shown an interest in pomegranites again, she polished off a quarter yesterday and l got four lovely ones.

I have sprained a tendon in my foot so walking is a bit painful. It is getting better.

Gordon came today and we went through the hymns l shall be playing in sunday. Billie was sitting on top of her cage but with out warning she flew to Gordon's shoulder and bit him on the neck. She was contrite after l told her off but these past weeks she has become quite difficult trying to bit me if l stray too close to her cage.

I think she is wrapeed up in the royal birth.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:57 pm

I think she has an identity crisis, she thinks she is a vampire bat. The larger pipes were installed today, I was never in any danger, it was to do with new regulations, and better energy efficiency. I have always loved history, got one of my O levels in history, because I loved the subject. I don't need to teach Sanjay new tricks, we played fetch this evening, he tossed his little jingly cat balls over the deck, I picked them up and gave them back to him he has me extremely well trained.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:49 pm

I was quite worried this after noon Bilie was standing on top of her cage makiing strange calls l went over to her and saw Oodles had fallen (knocked off) from his perch and was face down in the swimming pool. I squeezed him out Billie was very worried she thought she had killed Oodles but calmed down when l told her it was an accident, and Oodles would be all right.

Billie does not do "Tricks" partly becasue l cannot be bothered to teach her and partly l am against the idea of perfoming animals/birds/reptiles etc. As for O levels l never had any my father said to me "Why are you always bottom of the class?" I tried to tell him. that was the one thing l could do well. I was the class clown and still am!

Billie has sevral levels of biting, a pinch to blood and everything else between, this morning she tried to bite me as l took a bowl out. I told that was not very nice, she was very contrite all morning. But took it out on Oodles.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Better to be top of a low class than bottom of a high one. Sanjay doesn't care if his toys drown etc, he is quite mercenary, and I don't teach tricks either, our dogs were trained for Obedience Agility, and the show ring, but none of that "begging", "roll over" pointless stuff. Anyway, I am so pleased Sanjay never bites, let alone draw blood, although he does dive bomb me sometimes, I just squeak his toy at him and he retreats to the chandelier looking quite put out by it.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:23 pm

Bless his cotton socks. Billie had a shower before l went to church she just sat on top of the clothes horse looking miserable, when l came home she started to skinny dip but she has not got the hang of swiiming yet, she just hung on in the deepend with her beak. Then after all was done l headed for the door to make breakfast and she flew to my shoulder and as l walked past the bathroom she leant towards it and bleated so l took her in for another shower. I left her on the top rung.

After breakfast l went back to see how she was doing and she had gone down to almost the bottom rung of the clothes horse and was enjoying the shower with wings open. After spraying her from all sides she consented to end the bathing session.

Now the clocks have gone forward l get Billie up an hour earlier and she moans like the dickens. But she still wants to go to bed at the same time.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:55 pm

We always fed our dogs at the same times every day, regardless of british summer time they Still started looking for their food at that exact time, On new years day, Sanjay always tells me, "hurry up with my rations!, I haven't eaten since last year"

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:21 pm

Ha Ha very good!

Recently Billie has been biting more, l told her this morning "Stop that! I will give you to the RSPCA if you bite me again." The bites are more playful nips than real biting well she stopped. I thought she was beginning to have a closset thing like Eilie's Janey, but she only asked once for a shower, and she has not bothered with her swiming pool.

She has started to eat pomegranites again still eats the corn cob, and as l was playimng my organ she wanted to come down onto the key board and walked up and down sounding the notes but she was hoping l was not looking when she tried to eat one of the soft buttons, but l was watching her closely.

I love the way she eats orange segments, she picks them up and tillt her head back squeezing the segment and gulping the juice down.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:57 am

I tried to reply last night, but kept getting a "Not Acceptable" message. I got divebombed and nibbled twice yesterday, when I took his babble ball to change the battery, and when I put it back afterwards.Sanjay can be very territorial at times.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:51 am

Sometimes the internet plays up but l have never had a "Not acceptable" message before most of my messages are "IE has stopped respondong"

I think Billie has been reading Sanjay's emails because she dive bombed me today, claws out stretched and beak ready to grab some skin all because l would let her come out shopping with me.

Billie does not like my hand in her cage unless l am cleaning and even then she tuts like a mad tutterer.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:44 pm

Sanjay is the same, he has to vacate the palace before I'm allowed to clean etc.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:25 pm

Our poor forum taken over by a junk mail, what can be done to stop it, if we had to sign on would that help?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Its the only forum I belong to which has this problem, and we do sign in. Sanjay likes the sound of my steam iron, he waffles when it hisses!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:54 am

Maybe he wants to mate with it, I managed to persuade BIllie to take some Shaw's egg biscuit from the top of the hamster cage, l want her to get used to it so we can go out into the garden when it gets warmer. She took some from the top of the cage but refused to go in after a small piece of polo mint.

I do not sign in!

What other parrot IRN sites do you belong to? Maybe l could join?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:26 pm

Only this one, my other forums are for Pagan folk. I haven't tried to get himself into his little carry case yet, not sure about it as the grille is thick plastic and probably chewable. I'm giving him a hard boiled hens egg on Sunday, he had one for the Vernal Equinox in March, might as well have one for the orthodox Easter. We shared almonds today, roasted ones which he actually liked, he normally won't touch the ordinary ones.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:15 pm

Northern parrots have a blog page but l only visit it, Billie is the same, l am trying to get her to go into the hamster cage voluntarily so we can go out into the garden she used to walk into the cat box but chewed the plastic so l thought it was unsafe to take her out.
She takes egg biscuit from the top.

Billie does not like boiled egg says it give her nighmares. She does like some millet wrapped up in a £5 note but does not go for the honey. In the mornings when l uncover she takes some time to get going but l think she is sleeping 14 hours a day s but judging from the mess in the bottom of her cage she is up half the night chewing on the wood sticks

I bought one of those green plastic holders for the paper roll, l told Gordon it was her loo paper, l think her believed me!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Wonderful!, visitors think the babble ball noises are Sanjay!. What a change from yesterday weather wise, it was glorious yesterday, but dismal and damp today, "good" Friday?, hmm. We shared an Abernathy biscuit, I think himself likes the oats. Have you read Scarletts Parrots introduction to her "staff"? It is really sweet and funny. They are also extremely efficient with delivery too. Do you watch "Eastenders"?, I Love the parrot wallpaper in the Queen Vic's living quarters.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:39 am

My day is not long enough to do all l want, and no l do not watch soaps l think they are not realistic, l get up a 7 am potter and wake Billie at 7.30 am by the time l have cleaned her cage, mats and hoovered the carpet, it is breakfast, then played my organ for 2 hours, gone for a 20 minute walk sat down for lunch and worked out what l want to record and watched yesterdays recordings, put up with Biillie wanting to be covered at 4 pm, watched the news had dinner and spent an hour or two on the computer it is time for bed at 10 pm.

No l have not read Scarlettts intro but are they any quicker then Northern Parrots? I have just joined a US of A Organ forum they seem to have the same problems with spammers as we do.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:34 pm

Yes, Scarletts deliveries are next day. Eastenders is the only soap I watch, precisely because it IS realistic. The others are farces by comparison. My daily routine isn't as rigid as yours seems to be, I don't much care for predictability, I keep to a time scale with Sanjay, but flexible because anything could happen and often does. He has to fit in with me, not t'other way around.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:43 am

Lucky you, Billie rules the roost, she gets etchy if l do not do what she wants immediately!
On sunday mornings she tries to stop me going to church by continually flying to my shoulder but this morning she sat dejectedly watching me go. She has a massive building project in mind l keep giving her twiggs for to add to the grand design, l chide her "How's the nest coming along?"

I gave her a foot toy as usual this afternoon but l put it on the hamster cage she took one look and pretended it was not there so l gave in and placed it on her cage she enjoyed it down to the last seed.

Tomorrow is going ot be a nice day, l shall try and take har out and we can sit in the sun for breath of fresh air.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:10 pm

We are due some consistently fine days, and the sky was pleasingly red this evening. I watched a tear Jerker yesterday called "Hatchi" about a shiba inu dog, anyway, one morning he tried to get his owner to miss his train, but the guy managed to catch it, he collapsed and died at work, it was based on a true story, you must tell Billie they are only films, and not to take them literally!.
Withhold the bit about it being based on a true story, tho'. I hope you are enjoying your holiday.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:20 am

Billie dropped a flight featheer today, l thought she had finished molting, but she had been very itchy the last few weeks. Today we had two showers the second she climbed down the clothes horse almsot into the bath and got really wet. I helped by spraying, l like the look on her face when l squirt the water up under her, "Cheeky!"

I am not sure whether she understands the plot but everytime l look at her she is staring intently at the screen, she moans when l turn the sound down to play my organ. "YOU CANNOT HAVE THE SOUND UP AND LISTEN TO MY ORGAN!" I tell her but l think she is saying "Well stop playing!" However she does enjoy my playing she flies to my shoulder and walks down my arm onto the keyboard and struts up and down l think she is getting the hang of chords.

I missed Hatch, with Virgin l get Eurosport and watch the cycling.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:23 pm

I have Tivo, you could have recorded it tho'. Himself was in a destructive mood today, millet holder emptied, (not necessarily eaten) twice two seedy bars broken and demolished, (not necessarily eaten). Then when I refused to waste more, he got all indignant!. With a break from them,he might appreciate them more.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Parrot vs Human, who wins? Well round one want to Billie. It was such a nice day today l thought we could sit out in the garden. She would not go in the Hamster cage, l put treat after teat in but she just ignorred them. I l tried to towel her but she is getting too good at dodging the towel even finding a safe refuge on top of my head! I had a good idea by getting the cat box out of storage, she was interested but she would not go in that either.
I gave her the treats just to make sure she still liked them and yes she enjoyed them.

If it is a nice day tomorrow she can fiddle while l enjoy my new deck chair in the garden. and l shall call out just to make her jealous.

Perhps Sanjay got out of bed on the wrong side?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:15 pm

I refilled millet holder, but the result was the same, he enjoyed a piece or two of sesame seed ryvita, likes the flora light too. I had a doctors appointment and promised I wouldn't be long, stupid thing to do, I had a half hour wait, followed by a long queue at the chemists, blood tests tomorrow, a whole raft of them, reminds me of Tony Handcocks remark in "the blood donor" sketch. The weather today was glorious, himself spent ages singing priddy toons

Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:04 am

Aj, I got tons to read here, too many stories piling up and not getting the chance to read through. Hope your Billie is doing well and happy. :)

Ash

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:41 am

Thank you Ash and Sanjays mummi for your posts/

I have just had the best day ever with Billie, it started early 7.15 am when the covers came off she was half asleep but l had a lot to do, first her cage and bowls then l left her to eat her breakfast she hate this as she wants to eat when l am there however house work called, and l emptied all the bins and put the rubbish out. She knows when l open the kitchen door leading to the stairs, l think she listens for the door openning, and she gave a little call but l was back in two shakes and persuaded her to have a shoulder ride to the bath room where l left her on the clothes horse with warm water running from the shower, as l hoovered the LR.

So after the fllor was nice and clean l went back to fetch her, she was quite wet and l sprayed her as well, then we went back into the LR, afer dumping her on the cage l went for my breakfast, l had to keep on calling back to reassure her, but soon all was done.

I sat down to play the organ and she flew to my shoulder, she was leaning forward so l looked around to see what she was doing and she reached up and gave me lots of kisses on my lips. Sweet!

Lunch consisted of toast and soup, she enjoyed a crust of wholemeal bread, then we settled down to watch TV and she flew to my shoulder and just sat there watching the cycling with me. I put Oodles inside the hamster cage but got no reaction from Billie after a little while l went and told Oodles off for going into Billie's cage, she was very impressed,

I put a sprig of millet on the cage and she flew down to eat it so l placed some egg biscuit on the perch inside the cage she tried to reach it from the top but knocked it off so she had to climb inside and ate some of it sitting on the perch, but soon lost interest and came out and flew back to her cage, she was just as sweet at bedtime and went in at 5 pm

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:49 am

Remind me please of Tony Hancocks remark, l wish Billie would sing more we did share a duet when she was looking out of the window and saw a bald head man, she goes potty over bald men she stood up and sang so l joined in

I must try ryvita for Billie not sure Flore light is good for her.

Ash how are you and your birds tell all your news.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:08 pm

Thank you Ash so reminding me it was your bird and not Donovan's. As to the sex of your birds, eggs would clinch it.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:37 pm

From what I remember, Hancock said "a pint?, that's an armful!". The blood test took just as long, an hours wait, we All seem to have "fasting" ones, which means we go as early as possible so we can get back for coffee and bickies. So I had to apologise to himself, again. I found some cinnamon sticks today, he enjoyed them very muchly, they made a very nice change. I might get pumpkin seed ryvita, Sanjay is very partial to pumpkin seeds. I am pleased her royal highness was in an obliging and affable mood today, you need time for all your wounds to heal!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:05 pm

Thank you Sanjay's Mummi, today has been an all change day Billie would not go near the hamster cage , l put her treats inside but she totally ignored them tomorrow she will find Oodles has taken up residence.

We had cheese on toast today for lunch Billie thought the melted chesse too sticky! I must try Ryevita and pumpkin seeds the trouble is if she does not like it l have to eat up the remains. Although come to think of it Ryevita and cheese is okay.

Back in 1956 my mates and l gave a pint of blood they were all gone in 10 mins they scoffed the biscuut and drank the tea but poor me had wait 50 mins before the jar was full, my blood was as thick as treacle and the bad news was that they decided they could not use it when they discovered l had had rheumatic fever!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:54 pm

I used to donate blood regularly, the camp beds were set up in pairs, donors laying back to back, one time, my three year old came with me, when her dad came home from work she said "mummy went to bed with a man", fortunately he knew what she meant!. Sanjay is doing serious beak work, chewing anything and everything, even his four years old mineral perches, only used for perching on up to now, are getting a good beaking to. I have given him cuttlebone, and hard baked corn cobs sold for Guinea pigs, which he worked on. Obviously he needs to do this, so I am racking my brains for ideas. The cuttlebone disappears at the speed of light!. When I uncover him these days he comes straight to his door perch for a skritch!, its nice to be loved.!