12 week old Ringneck wont come out of cage

Moderator: Mods

Alan-P

12 week old Ringneck wont come out of cage

Post by Alan-P »

Hi guys, i have a 12 week old hand reared indian ringneck called Eco, recently Eco doesn't want to come out of his cage, he has fledged and eats by himself except for some formula as a treat every now an then. I have tried leaving his cage door open to let him come out and i have even taken him out but he just flys back to his cage. He is quite happy sitting in the doorway eating his apple but that's about as far as he every wants to go.
Any Help would be appreciated
AJPeter

Re: 12 week old Ringneck wont come out of cage

Post by AJPeter »

Softly softly catchee monkey just let your IRN find his own feet, sit by his cage and eat your meals, leave Eco's door open his curisousity will help him come out.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Does he have a nice big playstand or tree to play on next to his cage that is easy to get to? Let him go at his own pace by leaving the door open and giving him treats. Make sure everyone in the house is calm so he feels secure. Playing some music may make him feel safe too.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

When Sanjay first came, we thought he was glued to the perch! It took a while for him to relax, your chickster just needs to adjust and settle in before he feels bold enough to venture forth it's a big world to him outside his "nest"