7 week old indian ring neck. have had for 1.5 days

Moderator: Mods

farse

7 week old indian ring neck. have had for 1.5 days

Post by farse »

Hi just got a 6-7 week old ring neck and are very nervous. His tail shakes moatly when he is on the perch. Will not take formula from syringe spoon. Have put fruit and veggies in his bowld and pellets mixed with seeds. Doesnt seem to have touched it.. Where are trying formula im his dish this afternoon. Maybe we are just panicking. Any suggestions or any info fot new owners would be great thankyou. Just would love to stop the worry.
Wessel Gordon

Re: 7 week old indian ring neck. have had for 1.5 days

Post by Wessel Gordon »

It might be that the bird is just adjusting to it's new environment. My bet is that at some point survival instinct will kick in and it will at least peck at some of the food...keep a very sharp eye on the bottom of the cage for any food that's been thrown out: if you see that you'll know for certain that he/she was eating behind your back.

Good luck.

Wessel
Melika

Re: 7 week old indian ring neck. have had for 1.5 days

Post by Melika »

How is he doing? It is a good idea with any new bird to cover the cage on three sides, only leaving the front open. This can make a bird feel safer in a new environment, giving him/her somewhere to hide. If you are going to "come around the corner" so to speak and might surprise him, you would want to say something that lets him know you are coming and are going to walk by. Then just give them time to get used to their cage without anyone coming up and scaring them.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay