need help my babies wont stop fighting

Moderator: Mods

starandspikeleee

need help my babies wont stop fighting

Post by starandspikeleee »

Need help with my babies star 26 wks lutino/blue hen and spikelee 14wks blue/ino cock all two are hand reared from 3 wks. Well spike is going through his bluffing stage he is so aggressive with star i would like them to get along i cant even let dem out of cage together spike keeps attacking star when she comes close to him need help please
MissK

Re: need help my babies wont stop fighting

Post by MissK »

I have read that even the adults will steer clear of the "bluffing" young. Obviously, if one of your birds attacks the other, keep them apart.
-MissK
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

I understand what you are saying. Believe me, I would love nothing more than to have my four fids coexist peacefully. But the reality of it is that they don't. And I am slowly coming to an understanding that I will never be able to leave them all out while I go for a morning walk. The dynamics of their relationship with each other change far too quickly for me to keep up with. So all I can do is make sure they are all safe, which means close monitoring when they are all out. Luckily our setup is large and an outdoor aviary is connected to our window, so there is lots of space to get away.
Unfortunately, you may have to set up your cages/perches so that they have lots of room to be apart.
~Dana

Donovan

Post by Donovan »

I have two birds,..
bird1 and bird2

Bird1 wants nothing more than to be friends with bird2.... but bird2 wants nothing more than to be left alone so they clash.

However I have noticed less aggression out of bird2 when both birds are out of their typical element.

maybe a change in venue can be beneficial here.....
starandspikeleee

Post by starandspikeleee »

Ok thanks d problem i have i will really luv for wen the mating season cum i want them to pair so hopefully i can get sum albino(white) babies