My Indian Ringneck Parrots doesn't make any sound ?

Moderator: Mods

anandg111

My Indian Ringneck Parrots doesn't make any sound ?

Post by anandg111 »

I have 2 Indian Ringneck parrots ( male and female) both are about 3-4 months old. I brought them a week ago. I think I have a cage big enough for both (Height - 36, length- 45 , breadth - 30 Inches.) . They pay attention when we interact with them. They are active but doesn't make sound at all. Please suggest something. :(
Last edited by anandg111 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
MissK

Re: My Indian Ringneck Parrots doesn't make any sound ?

Post by MissK »

Hi. I suggest concentrate on feeding them well and don't worry about sounds. They need some time to relax and learn the ropes in your house. Think of my house and then thank them each for not yelling at you. :lol: Also make sure they are not being too scared to speak because of anything in the environment or activities of the humans.
-MissK
Missie

Post by Missie »

Hey there anandg

Are you sure your birds are only 3-4 months old? The reason I ask is your male has a ring around his neck and they don't grow them until 18months plus.

Don't worry about them not saying much, took my baby 2 weeks to find his voice

Missie
MissK

Post by MissK »

OOH, Missie! Good call! I didn't even read the age to consider the ring, I was so distracted by the disheveled feathers.

BTW, work on the diet for that pair. I'm sure you can get them looking sleek and gorgeous for next molt if you start now.
-MissK