Irn at the bottom of his cage help!!!!!

Moderator: Mods

Parrotlover101

Irn at the bottom of his cage help!!!!!

Post by Parrotlover101 »

Hi so today when i woke up i noticed my indian ring neck Alex was at the bottom of his cage so I started freaking out so i asked my family members if they had seen Alex earlier they all said no so I started freaking out even more but now I dont know if i should take him to the vet because

1. He usually goes to the bottom of his cage get his ball and play with it which is very good
2. He wasn't puffed up or on 1 leg at the bottom of his cage he was wide awake also
3. He is now perching at the top and eating and drinking well he also dosent seem to be off balance and is now active

Should I bring him to the vet?
MissK

Re: Irn at the bottom of his cage help!!!!!

Post by MissK »

I would say follow your gut.

None of us sees what you saw and none of us knows your bird like you do. You must make this call.

Ask (and answer) yourself, Why did the bird go to the bottom of the cage? What did he do there? Was that unusual? How long did this last? Is it worrisome? Did he do it again? How many times and how often? Does he display signs of being unwell? Would either one of us feel better if there were a vet involved?

On the one hand, every creature will deviate from normal from time to time. On the other hand, birds hide their sickness very well. I once dropped a hundred or so taking a Budgie to the vet because she was sleeping at a different time from the rest of the flock. She was fine, though the vet did find some wrong bacteria in her poo and put her on some medicine. Was that what was wrong with her, or was she perfectly fine? I'll never know.
-MissK