Irn at the bottom of his cage help!!!!!

Moderator: Mods

Parrotlover101

Irn at the bottom of his cage help!!!!!

Post by Parrotlover101 »

Hi so today when i woke up i noticed my indian ring neck Alex was at the bottom of his cage so I started freaking out so i asked my family members if they had seen Alex earlier they all said no so I started freaking out even more but now I dont know if i should take him to the vet because

1. He usually goes to the bottom of his cage get his ball and play with it which is very good
2. He wasn't puffed up or on 1 leg at the bottom of his cage he was wide awake also
3. He is now perching at the top and eating and drinking well he also dosent seem to be off balance and is now active

Should I bring him to the vet?
Donovan

Re: Irn at the bottom of his cage help!!!!!

Post by Donovan »

just keep watching him...
is he eating?.. will he accept a toy?

my bird goes to the bottom of his cage quite a lot .. seems to just enjoy taking a stroll... but i don't believe it's typical so keep an eye on him
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

Sunni spends a lot of her time on the floor of the cages. She likes to "forage" and they all like to be on the living room floor foraging and playing with foot toys. I think it varies, not only from bird to bird and day to day, but hourly.
~Dana

Parrotlover101

Post by Parrotlover101 »

Donovan wrote:just keep watching him...
is he eating?.. will he accept a toy?

my bird goes to the bottom of his cage quite a lot .. seems to just enjoy taking a stroll... but i don't believe it's typical so keep an eye on him

Thanks for a quick response no worries he is fine now he is eating and drinking and is playing a lot he accepts the you i give him plus after I uncovered him he went to his perch and started playing around and making noises so i think its good maybe he was just playing with his ball at the bottom of the cage.
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

was his cage covered?..

my cover doesn't fully cover the bird cage and so he can go down to the bottom, pick up dropped toys and look around before i'm up ...

could he have been doing that?.. just looking around because he could see from down there?
Parrotlover101

Post by Parrotlover101 »

Donovan wrote:was his cage covered?..

my cover doesn't fully cover the bird cage and so he can go down to the bottom, pick up dropped toys and look around before i'm up ...

could he have been doing that?.. just looking around because he could see from down there?

I think so because it wasn't covered but now it's ok he's eating and drinking i think he was just playing with a toy
Niffarious

Post by Niffarious »

Being at the bottom of the cage in and of itself means absolutely nothing. I have a parrotlet who loves running around on the bottom of his cage, and have had other birds that liked to play there also.

If the bird can't fly, is puffed up, not moving, possibly keeping eyes closed or is generally lethargic and sitting on the bottom...that is when it's a concern.