losing feathers

Moderator: Mods

ajandcjsmom

losing feathers

Post by ajandcjsmom »

Emerald seems to be losing feathers right above her cere. Could it be from rubbing? or could she be starting to molt? I've only had her a few months, but this is something new.

Other wise she's fine

Thank you!
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

It could be either, keep an eye on her and see if you can catch her rubbing. If it isnt too bad i wouldnt worry about it, she will sort herself out. The other thing it could be is mites. It doesnt hurt to give them a spray every now and then.

Check to see if she's losing any other feathers, if it's just on her head it probablys isnt a moult.
ajandcjsmom

Post by ajandcjsmom »

Thank you. I think I"ll pick up some mite spray just in case.
ajandcjsmom

Post by ajandcjsmom »

I bought some spray at the pet store today. The woman there asked me why i need it and i told her. She said its aobut thh 4th time in 2 weeks people ave been describing the same problems.
she did tell me not to buy the 8 in 1 brand though.

we'll see how he does ina few days.

then of course i have to go place with teh birds there, and they had this male green ringneck, who had plucked himself! they were boarding him, someone went thru a divorce. some guy walked by and said, oh what an ugly bird>

I kept up my convo with him, tellin him he's a pretty bird and good boy. The woman that works there says she hatse when people come in and stay stuff like that because she feels they understand alot (i agree)