Cheeky little jacko

Moderator: Mods

Rebecca harry

Cheeky little jacko

Post by Rebecca harry »

Hi guys. Tonight my little boys was eating his cake and out of the blue my blue male jacko swooped down straight at my boy. Untill he then sat on the sofa and jacko did it again. Then i realised he was after his cake. We laughed but come as a shock as hes never come that close. So out of curiosity i gave my little boy a slice of Apple and he placed it on his lap and with out hesitation jacko flew down landed on my boys lap. Then flew back to his cage once he had his apple. Any advice or comments on this would be great. Oh and another thing my little boys actually stocked his back without out him giving a sign of any fear. Is my little blue boy actually trying to take our trust
AJPeter

Re: Cheeky little jacko

Post by AJPeter »

Keeo in geeting close to Jacko,
Rebecca harry

Post by Rebecca harry »

Hi peter. Hes coming close all the time now. But do t want to push him and set him back. He flew onto the sofa right next to me with no hesitation where i placed a bit of apple. Sld i keep doing this for a few days. Or should i start with trying him to step up or stroke him. Thanks
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

After a few days of allowing him to come to you on his terms, I would begin actually holding the apple in my hand and reaching out. It is important to not look at him directly, as they are prey birds and looking at them full on could be considered predatory to them.
Keep up the good work :)
~Dana

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Hi Rebecca

I never trained my bird to step she does if she wants to and if she does not l get a bite for my pains,as for stroking they do not like too much stroking funny enough when Billie is listening to the answer phone she likes to be stroked, but mostly she comes to me to be stroked.
Rebecca harry

Post by Rebecca harry »

Thanks guys. I will try the ape and hold my hand out to see if he come to my hand. From a very timid bird to where hes at now hes come on heaps and bounds. Just dont want to push him cxx