All registrations must be approved by an admin. Having problems with registration? E-mail us at indianringnecks@gmail.com

The adventures of Billie the wonder parrot

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

The adventures of Billie the wonder parrot

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Chapter two

AJPeter

Re: The adventures of Billie the wonder parrot

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:27 pm

Chapter three.

An odd thing has happened to Billie she shed her long tail feathers 14" and grew two shorter ones 10" long but now she has shed those as well and sprouts tail feathers a sparrow would be proud of. So what is going on? She cannot fly with the short tail feathers.

She reallty enjoyed her shower this morning ducking and diving, turning up side down on the perch except she became too clever and fell off the perch, only by grabbing hold of the shower curtain did she avoid a fate worse than death, drowning!

If you are wondering what happened to Chapter one and two, well l can tell you that chapter one got left behind in Parrot speak easy and it is any one's guess where chapter two went. It might be right behind.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:34 pm

Billie is such a great character her antics always make me laugh. It is gooseberry time again and Sanjay is extremely pleased about it. His tail feathers haven't dropped yet, I daresay Billie wasn't happy with her first set of new ones, maybe she thought they made her bum look big?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Could be but l am hoping that the stumpy feathers she is sprouting will grow longer.

When l have a shower put the plug in to see how much water l have used a quick shower l/3 bath of water a longer shower half a bath of water but Billie uses a whole bath full!

Neighbours! Who needs them!

If Billie does not get a good nights sleep she takes it out on me! I can use ear plugs AH! What I need are some parrot sized ear muffs for Billie.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Billie was making anxious noises today l thought it was a fly she gets her knickers in a twist over flies, but no so l guessed she wanted a shower but no she would not leave my soulder in the bathroom no matter how hard l tried the shimmy. so in the end l guessed she was in a draught and cold so l turned on the heating. The temp quickly rose from 73 to 77 before l could turn the gas fire off.

She makes me laugh when l offer her something to eat that she does not want she sits still hoping l will go away but when l try and wave the morsel under her nose she leans away like a child refusing to take his medicine! But she takes the biscuit at dinner time l prepare for her a nice bowl of tasty food like that which adorns my plate she has a quick look and then sits on the door of her cage and leans forward. There is nothing worse than having some one watch every morsel go down the hatch, l relent and give her some of mine.

Some she will eat others she will drop. The floor is soon littered with food. Today l gave her a whole pomegranite, it hung in her cage on a spike and looked like the Red Balloon, she inpected it looking for an openning and finally made an incision, I think she hopes to become a famous female surgeon when she grows up. I have not decided yet on what l want to be when l grow up/

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:32 pm

Well she did not like the whole pomegranite so it is back to quarters hanging up, recently with this hot weather l have covered her age with blankets and not put the top down, l thnk she apreciates the extra space under the blankets

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:52 am

Won't the blankets make her hotter?. I found a tail feather the other day, it measured 10.5 inches!, I had to measure it twice because I couldn't believe I'd got it right first time. I spent three hours steam cleaning and thoroughly washing perches etc yesterday, the first thing Sanjay did when he went back in, was ask for a shower. The best newspaper for the floor of his palace is the financial times, nice big sheets like the telegraph, but more resistant, we used the FT for our puppies, when we bred dogs.I thought Sanjay was fickle about food, but Billie could teach him a few more tricks by the sound of it!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:48 am

I kept the 14 " tail feathers in case some one disputed my measurement, but it looks to me as if the birds grow their tail feathers to match the size of cage, this cage is a bit on the small side for her. But she is still shedding feathers it worries me a bit because she has not touched the cuttle fish bone, so l sprinkle her seeds with crushed oyster shell to try an make up the calcium. I could put some calcioum drops in her water but the last itme l tried that it turned her off the water.

I used to use local free news paper to line the botom of her cage and surround but this cage has a plastic tray which is easy to keep clean, a quick wash in the sink and it is as good as new and since l bought the plastic carpet protector l can do away with the unsighly paper on the floor, and all l need do is to dunk the plastic into the sink with a little scrubbing and it is beautiful again.

She did not go for the whole pomegranite, pecked a few holes and ignored it so l have gone back to the quarters. she gets a bowl of veg, and of fruit, and of seeds with additional bits placed on the top of her cage.

When l folded down the top there was not much room for her to move about but now l keep the top open, l rearrange the perch and pull the blankets over, she bit me last night, l think she see this as a game, l made it into one by folding the blanket around her. But she hung out the going to bed until 7.30 pm! Tonight she was sitting on her sleeping perch at 6 pm and was quite happy for me to cover her up.

she does not like it when l prop open a door. l get dark looks and sometimes a cold stare, she is a bit opf a drama queen aren't we all, by sitting on the perch shivering l say to her "Its 75 in here you cannot be cold." but never the less close the door.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Billie likes iced lemon tea, l offered her some in a saucer and she loved it next l gave her own dish and then added an ice cube, She has never seen an ice cube before but she managed to pick it up, but dropped it then she went down to retrieve it and carried it in her mouth from the floor of the cage to the top.

When she first partook it she supped just like my great grand father who lived in Penn, who would pour his tea and to a saucer and then sup it, I was about seven and l remember he wore trousers with a button fly and the bottom button was peeking out. We used top call fly buttons "Muffins" and anyone whoose fly buttons could be seen was called a "Muffin man." I was quite looking forawrd to becoming a muffin man until l was fourteen when zips became the vogue, these were a painfull experince until you got used to them/

Billie had a lovely shower this afternoon she is becoming more confident turning up side down and fanning her tail feathers
she only used half a bath of water today. When l went shopping yesterday l could hear her calling as l walked down the drive and when l came back she saw me and started to call, it is lovely to be welcomed home.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:19 am

It is indeed. But Do make sure you are not "flying low" near Billie, she would feel Awfully Embarrassed.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:30 pm

"More Lemon tea Madame?"

"Is it iced?"

I make the lemon tea in a yellow thermos and when l brought it in this after noon Billie squealed with delight, she dipped and dipped until l went out and bought in some ice. The cube was too big to pick up so she bit pieces off and carried one up to a high perch but it slipped out of her beak when she got there!

Last year she liked to come down the side of the cage near where l was sitting and when l put my hand out she would clamber on and have a neck scratch. I was ever so pleased she did that again to day after a few moments she had had enough and wanted to go back.

In the morning it takes her 5 minutes to wake up but tonight she couldnot get the blanket over the cage fast enough so she helped me cover her up. Sweet!

I get dressed in the LR near her cage but l say to her "No peeking!"

But she says to me "Seen it before!"

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:09 pm

Ooh! I say!, the brazen little hussy!, Sanjay was peeking today when I washed the curtains and he could see everything going on outside.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:16 pm

We started today so well, she had a fly around, came onto side table to listen to the answer phone had a neck scratch.
We enjoyed lunch together, but it all went to pieces this afternoon when l tried to re-arrange the inside of her cage, without a by your leave she ran up and bit me, and got shut in for her pains and mine.
The best apology l got was a submissive crouch on the perch so l relented and let her out but instead of enjoying the freedom she sulked. It's your beak you are cutting off, l told her. I went out to make the lemon tea and when l came back she was sitting on her door looking as if butter would not melt in her beak. She loves lemon tea and dipped her beak so deeply the tea ran down her chin. I added some ice and she bit pieces off and chomped on them. We had a very friendly session when she flew to my shoulder, and said she did not want a shower today and l told her it was too wet so sit in the garden, so she flew back to her cage we are friends again.
She enjoyed the bread crust l gave her for afternoon tea, and at dinner time l gave her own bowl of of salad and cheese but she preferred to be hand fed from my plate and ignorred the salad bowl, we had some fun and games at bed time where l pretentded to wrap her in a the blanket, she came out like a hornet from hell and l thought I was going to get my just deserts. I like dutch apple pie best.
She helped pull the blanket over her head and is now fast asleep in the LR.
Last edited by AJPeter on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:45 pm

If l watch Billie having a shower she just sits there with her eyes closed but if l draw the shower curtain l can still see her in the mirrow and she stretches and ducks under the water, do other birds like privacy in the shower? She was really wet and enjoyed the shower so much that when l turned it off she was only too pleased to climb onto my shoulder, usaually l have to pry her off the clothes horse with a stick.

I played the organ but today she only wanted to sit by the phone, l thought she was waiting for a call, she had her usual lunch and this afternoon we both had a nap l awoke with a deterination to weigh her. At one point l was standing on the scales she put up a rear guard action but in the end l had to towel her. 241 grams. Good. Her weight has been steady for 4 months. She was so good l gave her lemon tea early. I forgot the ice cubes and she let me know but I went out for some and she held one in her beak. Then her foot it was so cold she shivered.

Stew tonight, l make a really good stew with rice, she had her portion and then some of mine and so we spent a conival evening together unti she beeped and it was time to go to bed she loves helping pull the blankets over the top of her cage!

GeveZe

Post by GeveZe » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:17 pm

So lovely, i like to read your posts everyday.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:08 am

These posts are very entertaining!, but then, Billie is a very entertaining little person.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:50 pm

I forgot to leave the TV on when l went to church, everything was in a rush because l took some new sleeping tablets and it was the alarm that woke me at 9 am, l felt like a zombie and still half asleep but managed to get her cage cleaned and bowl filled before l left. She was pleased to see me come home but instead of making a fuss of me she dived for her seed bowl. She does eat when l am out, l found a half eaten grape on the carpet it was sitting there pretending to be an id.

And then before lunch she wanted a shower she makes a pip squeak and wilfred sort of sound, l thought she wanted the sound on the TV turned up but in the end my penny dropped and l took her out into the bath room on my shoulder. She does not like the water too hot in fact tepid is the word l would use. She got very wet and l thought she had had enough so l turnerd the taps off but she would not leave the clothes horse. So l turned the taps back on and pushed her under the shower but then when l turned them off again she was alright and came on tio my shoulder. I think she had some soap in her eyes.

After breakfast which really is brunch we had a doze she woke first and let me know she was ready for the lemon tea with ice, l caught up on the recorded programs and she gargled in the remainder of the lemon tea which had grown cold. So l gave her a top up with out ice and she rinsed her mouth out and hung out the going to bed until 7:15 pm when l took no more nonsense and covered her up. So ended another good day with Billie the wonder parrot!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:27 am

Alls well that ends well. Sanjay is in a very good mood this morning, cuddles singing, and lots of bell ringing,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:56 pm

I am thinking of buying a bell for Billie but she is not keen on noise. Her poop this morning was lime green and rather runny so l thought "No more lemon tea for you" At the apropiate time l made some blackcurrant juice for her in her china bowl.

She took one look, had a taste and then tippd the bowl up and threw it into the floor. it landed on her china bath. Luckily
neither broke. So l made some lemon tea with ice, fortuantely she was only interested in the ice. So l drank some and it gave me a nasty turn, so no more lemon tea for me. OR HER.

We had a neighbour dsipute in our cul de sac and there was a lot of shouting so nosey parker had to have a look and l joined her, she flew to my shoulder for a better look. I took her into the bathroom and turnd on the taps but no she did not want a shower, then a l got the cat box and after a lot indecision she did not want to go out in the garden.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:36 pm

I'm not surprised! The riff raff might have shouted at her!, a girl cannot be too careful but a bit of curtain twitching can be highly entertaining, when Sanjay and I curtain twitch, I say " O'er! Ooh I say! " and that peaks his interest even more.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:57 pm

Tantrums today.

"No you are not having any more Lemon tea!"

"SHEIK! SHREIK! SHREIK!" She sounds like a cherokee injun on the war path

So l relented and put some ice in her bowl and added some tea from the pot, and she was a happy as a sand boy, but as the ice melted the water got higher and covered her beak every so often she surfaced and drew a fresh breath. I think she was playing ships with the ice cubes.

We had the usual shailly shallying whether she would go in the cat box but l drummed on the outside and in she went. i was quite cold and as the sun had his hat on we came back inside.

I tell Billie "No peeking" and just like Sanjay it makes her worse.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:33 pm

We had a shower today, l say we it was Billie she sat one the perch and me who got wetter than her, trying to get her under the shower, she just sits there with her eyes closed, so l took the shower off its hook and sprayed her she was a bit alarmed and opened her wings and got water in her arm pit for her pains, she seemed to love it so she got some more water under the arms but l thought enough was enough, but after l turned off the water she wanted more, so she got more and so did I!

I have moved her cage into the bay window where she first had it in August last year, she loves looking out of the window but l am a bit worried about drafts, l personally like a breeze but what is one man's breeze is another parrots draft. In her old cage there doors for access all over the cage and one summer's day l accidentally left a door open and she found her way out. I had left the windows open and when l got home l found her on top of the cage enjoying the breeze!

She loves ice cubes but they make her feet cold and she was holding one cube but trying to keep her foot warm inside her breast feathers, poor dear.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:30 am

I don't know which direction your window faces, but I hope Billie isn't in direct sunlight, Sanjay likes having his pits sprayed, I don't give him ice cubes, but his water comes from the chiller.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:00 pm

The baywindow faces east and we get the afternoon sun, there are trees nearby that provide shade late in the afternoon.
Where her cage was around the corner she got no sun but now it is the bay window and well lit l can see l shall have to get out the steamer and give it a clean. (The cage not the steamer)

She hates drafts so l use the nets to shield her from the breeze, but even so she lets me know in no unceertain terms that she is in a draft. We had a shower this morning it started with her sitting the perch with her eyes closed so l used the spray to reach areas never washed. She took it all in good fun and after wards sat on her cage preening. Then we had lunch and l put an enormous cabbage leaf on the top of her cage. Her eyes boggled.

My thoughts of having a nap were short lived as she wanted to go out and sit in the cat box in the garden, Billie loves it when people come up and say hallo, but it was not very warm a cold wind so we came back in. Since l moved everything around she was having a job finding her seed bowl, so l gave her some ice cubes to play with. Her foot got so cold she dropped the ice cube and hid her foot under her feathers. Poor dear!

You should heard the fuss she made when diiner was late, l turned the knob the wrong way and instead of boiling the egg the cooker thought l wanted a coddled egg so that delayed the start of dinner, you should have heard the choice language coming from the living room. I did not know she knew such words!

Dinner over l was just settling down to watch the news when she decided it was bed time, maybe she reaized that my down stairs neighbour was going out ont the tiles tonight and she (the parrot) wanted an early night.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:14 pm

Sanjay has an Arcadia UV light attached to the roof of his palace, so his alcove is always bright, my bay window faces West, so there is a South facing side window and a North one. He was in a grumpy mood yesterday, but back to his affable cuddly self today. With much sing song and bell ringing. He isn't too keen on Cabbage, preferring pak choi, he likes to bore into a Courgette too.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Sanjay lives well, all Billie gets is floor standing lamp she sits close by. Billie does not like cucumber so what she would make of a courgette is anyone's guess, l have to be careful, no use buying her stuff l do not like. I was gong to buy a worship keybard and moved everything in the LR round to make room. Bille was in the bay window, she kept complaining about drafts the net curtains did not shield her enough, so l had to close the windows and then she started to complain about the sun light so l had to draw the curtains, in the end l cancelled the new key board and put everything back as it was, Billie is happy she is round the corner no longer in a draft or direct sunlight, her cage is in a good position to clean.

An amazing thing happened this afternoon she a actually said thank you when l handed her a pepper mint, not in so many words but a sort of grunt, we had fun on the clothes horse dodging the water spray until she pooped in my bath, so l called time and other choice words, but after l had turned off the taps she would not leave the clothes horse so dreatic measures were called for l gave the clothes horse a good shake, this shook her up and she jumped for my shoulder.

Billie tells me she is not keen on cabbage either but f nothing else is available then nothing else is preferable. She was in a very playful mood at bed time grabbing the blanket and helping me cover her up. I watch the news, she grinds her beak to let me know she wants absolute silence l grind my beak.... oops bed time

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:47 am

It's a better out than in thing, when you've gotta go, you've gotta go. Sanjay makes a "thank you" sound too, and ever since he began making the sound I have answered "you're welcome", he likes my days at the charity shop when I let him out first thing, this is because I work until the shop closes at 5pm, he is really playful, and spends more time just messing around instead of going straight back inside when I've finished putting fresh food in the cage.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:41 pm

Does Sanjay stay out all day? Billie does she does not move much and as soon as l get home she dives for the seed dish but l know she eats when l am out. Billie has been calling the shots today first just as the Tour de France started she wanted a shower she stands on top of her cage and shrieks looking towards tha bathroom. It was obvious the right interpretation because she got on the clothes horse straight away. Then while l watched the tour she preeened her self but at 1.30 she let me know she wanted breakfast, after that was all cleared away l would have settled for a nap oh no she wanted to go out. A new folding table arrived yesterday and it is great but as l sat down on the picnic chair it decided it had had enough and broke. But as it was cold and I persuaded Billie to come and in l dashed down to Argos to buy another, when l got back l was able to watch the end of day of the tour but soon she had me on the go again with dinner.
Stew and rice. She had her own dish with choice items but she sat one her door breathing down my neck so l offered my spoon at at every mouthful .

I have appointed her my official food taster. 6.30 pm she was ready to call it a day.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:18 am

No, Sanjay doesn't stay out all day, he doesn't need to, as he has such a huge cage and can fly around inside, secondly, If I am going out, which is virtually every day, I would worry about him, he might fly into another room and not be able to find his way back, I like to have all my doors open. When he comes out daily, I let him take as much time as he needs, but he loves his palace so much, he is never out for huge amounts of time.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:48 am

I prop my doors open too, l dare say if Billie put her mind to it she could squeeze though but take today for instance when l got home from church l found her sitting on her cage door staring intently at a blank screen, l had forgotten to turn the TV on for her!

Billie is not keen on cartoons, l see her turning her head, but in action films she justs stares intently, yesterday l asked did she want Formula 1 or Tour de france, the Tour won hands down or is it wings up?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:15 pm

What does BAD GATEWAY mean?

I clicked on a post and that came up, had a quick look to see if l had picked up a virus no it looks normal, l tell you computers are worse than IRN

Billie has been a dream today, quick to draw may attention to meal times and other activities. We had our usual fun and games at bedtime she wanted to help cover her cage and got over excited and nearly bit my nose, people say "Its no skin
off my nose" they should try rubbing noses with a parrot!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:02 am

Sanjay liked to gently nibble my nose when he let's me "cuddle" him, the best nose biters are baby puppies, one of our Samoyed puppies bit his prospective owner on the nose, just as his sire had done at the same age (four Weeks)

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:15 pm

Perhaps your nose looks like a bone!

The good news about computers is that they do not throw their food all over the floor. Hint...Hint

Cheese is back on the menu but scratch corn on the cob.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:16 pm

I learnt two important lessons about Billie today, she does not like tepid water in the shower, in order to reduce the flow l turned down the hor water tap and the boiler went out so only cold came through. Billie became alive, she loved it fanning her tail doing somersaults and spreading her wings, twice l turned off the taps and shook the clothes horse she had to come one my shoulder and twice she flew back to the clothes horse for more cold water. Eventually she had enough, and went back to herr cage wringing wet!

The other lesson l am still trying to work out what she is doing, inside the cat box she shredded some paper started to rip up a linen serviette, she wanted to return over and over again. Is she nest building? Do eggs follow? Wait and see!

Donovan

Post by Donovan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:16 pm

I have learned that turning the shower head toward the wall that the mist will bounce off and it turns out that's better than letting the bird sit there and saturate.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Thank you Donovan, Billie sits on the perch while the water bounces of it and she gets wet and my idea of her prefering a cold water shower went out of window today when would not get under, however by adding a spray bottle to mist her helps with the getting wet principle, she loves the shower and will retrun to the perch if l try to take her away too early. I sort of get the impression she wants to choose the moment she ducks and dives/

I will try your idea of turn the shower head agaisnt the wall, but the clothes horse legs do not allow much room to move closer to the wall. However she is not keen on me using the shower head to spray her directly. We live and learn/

We went out to sit in the sun exccept she is not a sun lover and moves inside the box to keep out of the sun.

Donovan

Post by Donovan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:45 pm

You can use really warm water... by the time it bounces off the wall in the form of mist it's pretty cool... and the warmer water hitting the shower wall keeps the surrounding air warm.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:30 pm

AJ, do you wash your bird every day?, no wonder you can't do a thing with her!, I only spray Sanjay when he signals for one because I think they need the natural oils in their plumage, besides, he could end up as wrinkled as a prune.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:56 am

What is a female wrinkled prune called? Billie. no she has a shower every other day or two. This hot weather she enjoys a quick spray, but today has been a bit of everything day, after a cage clean watch TV for a while and then a shower, then brunch then going out side and sit in the shade but she got bored after half hour and so we came in, then some ice cubes, then dinner, stew and rice sounds horrible but is easy to make she loves the sweet corn, watch TV and bed at 5.45 pm

BTW has any one tried parrot pooh for roses? I have some spare if you are eager. I am thinking of selling parrot litter, but not the cat kind no this is the debris at floor level around her cage must be good for something? You would laugh l bought a new carpet sweeper and put the old Hoover by our bins it was gone 10 minutes later!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:49 pm

My daughter never had to pay the council for bulk waste collection where she used to live, just dump broken machines/furniture by the bins, et voila! It vanished over night.Sanjay came running at speed along the top of his cage and nipped me this morning!, I was swapping old food for new at the time. It wasn't hard, painful or gory, but it wasn't his usual nibble either. I offered one of his cat balls, and finished off while he had his beak full.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:05 pm

Just an off day for Sanjay, if he were really trying he would have taken you finger!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:17 pm

It Was totally against character, he's only ever drawn blood once, the first and only time I was forced to towel him.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:30 pm

The only time l towel Billie is when it is scales time, she makes me laugh when l finally get her onto the scales standing still she looks at me as if to say why did you not tell me what you wanted? Her weight has remained fairly constant for 4 months. I like to weigh her at least once a month.

I was a lot longer at church than normal and when l got home she flew at me, l thought it was curtains (Creme type) but she sat on my shoulder ever so pleased to see me. She helped me prepare brunch and then we left the dishes with wishes in the sink that they would clean themselves, and sat out in the garden, but she got bored and so we came back in. I had a doze and she kept very quiet and then we had Shepherd's pie for dinner she ate all hers and then sat on the door and wanted to eat half of mine!

Billie bites me regularly and l tell her how much it hurts, l think she enjoys watching me hop around on one leg! I told her she would get a 3 match ban, but it is water off a ducks back for her.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:19 pm

Sanjay was waspish again today, but no nipping. Then he signaled he wanted a shower with the spray bottle and I obliged, rewarded with a dried fig, he was back to his affable self in no time.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:59 am

Pandemonium

If that is not the proper spelling you get my point. I decided l wanted a grilled dinner tonight but put the platter on the wrong shelf in the oven and went to sit down to watch the Tour de France Billie and like watching this. All of a sudden l could smell something burning so l went out to the kitchen and opened the oven door smoke poured out this set off Smoke alarm Number 1, I have found if you shout at smoke alarms and wave your arms they stop and it did so I opened the other door to let the smoke out and Number 2 smoke alarm wanted a go so l shouted at it and waved my arms. This set off number 1 again then l and just as l mananged to stop them both I could hear a new wailing it was Billie she had tried to fly out of a closed window and fallen behind the organ.

I carefully lifted her out making sure her wings did not catch on anything and l hugged her, she was very frightened, l put her back on her cage and she stood there with on foot curled up, I offered to kiss it better she thought l was taking the biscuit and l realized that it was a bridge too far so we both glossed over that bit, l stroked her foot and she allowed me straighten it out. At one stage l thought match sticks would be needed for splints but gradually she straightened her foot and stood on it.

In the morning twice she rode my shoulder into the bathroom and twice she turned down a shower but the then she started skinny dipping in her bath tub in the cage so I took her back to the bathroom and she stood on the clothes horse as the water flowed she loved it ducking and diving under the water, when she was wringing wet l turned off the water she wanted more but I said no. She was reluctant to leave the bathroom but when her cage hove in sight she flew to it but being water logged she only just made it.

After brunch she was hopping up and down and wanted to go out, it was not all that warm but one of her friends came up she she was ever so pleased to see him. But it got a bit chilly so we came in.
After tea she had a couple of ice cubes to chomp on but then came the hiatus at dinner time, I sat down to a burnt offering! after we had both finnished eating at 6 pm she signalled it was bed time and she helped me cover the cage!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:11 pm

The name for a group of parrots is A Pandemonium of Parrots". Anyway, I'm glad no real harm was done. Today was a good day, I bought some soft dried fruit from Lidl, and Sanjay sampled dried pear slices and pitted prune for the first time they went down the little red road very nicely.I also got a punnet of lovely fresh blackberries, he has always had a penchant for them, even though they stain!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:00 pm

We cannot help but spoil them, l tried some black berries from the hedgerow and Billie did not even try them, they were too sharp for me. I have merged all her seeds into a big box and now have enough to last her until christmas.

I do not like Lidl, you never know what you are buying, but Asda is okay, but Billie does not like pomegranite from Asda, does not like corn on the cob from Tesco. Asda sell little bags of fruit a good favourite with Billie is mixed apple and pear slices.

Has Sanjay had his gooseberries yet? I have not seen any in the supermarkets, but l am fairly sure Billie will not eat them.

We went out in the sun for nearly an hour but no one came up to say hallo, several neighbours drove out with out stopping, this really annoyed Billie. She did not want a shower so l misted her with Aloe vera.

Is parrot pooh any good for cold sores?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:25 pm

I am trying out some new skill.
The name for a group of parrots is A Pandemonium of Parrots".
is this working? WOW!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:49 pm

Yes, the WRVS stall has been selling goosegogs for a month or so now. Fortunately we did two tours of A Germany so I Do know what I am buying from Lidl, the nearest ASDA is miles away in Biggleswade and Tesco don't have pointy peppers in fact they haven't had any for a while. Lidl also have Huge pears, and the "cheeks" are ideal for slicing and spearing. Tomorrow is market day, so the Asian stall will be there for Papaya, bitter melon and big fresh bunches of Dill and Coriander (Cilantro to our American cousins). Sanjay loves swearing (not literally) at his jjingly cat balls, he gets very stroppy with them!, I don't know why, I think he is trying to be "well 'ard".

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:13 pm

Perhaps Sanjay has mood swings, Billie does she spends hours in the cat box ripping up paper, and a linen double damask table knapkin. She was ready for bed but l foolishly allowed her ten minutes in the cat box and could not get her out, so tipped the box up and she slid out with everything else, she sat on her cage and sulked then screamed l tried placating her and let her climb on my leg and she pooped on my trousers this the first time ever she has pooped on me.

I kept sayng no to her her rants and at 7.45 pm an hour and three quarters past bed time she eventually went down, l quickly covered her up she was very annoyed she only went down for refreshements. She sat under the blankets gnashing her teeth.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:16 pm

Parrots teeth must be rarer than hens teeth. But then, Billie Is a hen. Sanjay has peaches, he loves peach and nectarines, he seems to prefer white grapes to the purple seeded ones. No he doesn't have mood swings, he just likes a toy to pick a fight with.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:58 pm

Billie has become very posessive of her cat box once inside she wont come out, l had to tip her out but later l relented and ler her use it again l went to move it with her inside and she reached through the grill and bit my finger, right on the inside fleshy part, a big tear in the skin blood every where, fortunately l am one of those lucky people that stop bleeding almosrt straight away. But it is very painful.

So after she came out l took the box and hid it. She was looking for it later, l shall let her have it when we go out in the garden tomorrow, l did try a nectarine but she was not keen, l must try peaches
She will eat red and white grapes but not black grapes. I buy toys but she just ignores them, l used to make foot toys for her but really she just prefers the millet spray neat, the time l rapped it up in an envelope after a few minutes she got bored and dropped it.
She did have a nice shower today (none yesterday), and we sat out for an hour in the garden under shade. Should l push the cat box out into the sun? I think she prefers the shade.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Birds probably prefer dappled shade, I wouldn't expose Sanjay to direct sunlight, doesn't Billie get hot in her cat box?, I know they have grilles etc, but even with our windows open we get hot on days like this.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:38 pm

It was quite breezy this afternoon and we had a good number of people who came and said hallo, she has a mouse water bottle on the cat box door, some orange, and she usually tells me if she has had enough. I have a picnic table the upon which the box sits, she does not like being at grass level.

I took a water bottle for me and squirted her with some water/ The look of reproach she gave me could have frozen my heart but l closed my eyes and crossed my fingersm and it passed over head unoticed.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:04 pm

WAR!

Lessons have been learnt, measures taken.

It all started when we had a heavy downpour and l thought we Billie and I would not be going out into the garden. So l let her play in her cat box. After about an hour she got bored and went in to her cage, by this time brunch was ready so l sat down and put meal next to her cat box, the table is a bit small. She enjoys cornflakes dunked but today she refused them, then she came onto my shoulder
l thought she had changed her mind so l offered my hand to help her down and she bit me.

And then she got two more bites in, I was so startled l got up and grabbed the box and headed for the door she flew at me and bit me on the neck. No more cat box! I came back in and forced her into her cage and ignorred her cries for three hours!

Then l relented and let her out, she came onto my shoulder and reached round to kiss me on my lips, how lovely she had been very good not biting at all this afternoon but she has flown to the door several times. l took her on my shoulder and showed her the cat box was not in the bath room, but she kept flying to the door.

So l have decided that if it is sunny in the days ahead to allow her to go out in the garden in the cat box but not to allow her to play in the box. After all enough is enough!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:07 pm

BTW Just has a virus attack from IRN had to sign in again. All these spammers are leaving their calling card now!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:37 pm

Ooh I say!, you didn't have a very good day, then?, I thought mine was bad enough when a customer threw three ladies tops in my face, because I had the temerity to point out our no returns policy, (we have a changing room in the charity shop), I don't get paid nearly enough to be assaulted, in fact, I don't get paid at all!. Sanjay has been a little sweetie, very affectionate and obliging, long may it last!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Yes, let us hope Sanjay continues in his sweet way. Billie has been very good today l went to church this morning and played the organ for the hymns and hers. I thought how l played was terrible but several people came up and said how well l played, l joke with and say "getting better!" One lady once said "You are better than nothing!" I pull her leg and say "Nothing is better than me!"

How ever Because Billie has been so good l took her out into the garden in the cat box, but first l took out her rags she has been chewing, l think she was shocked there was nothing in the box and after half an hour she wanted to come in. But the rest of the day would not let me out of her sight, and everytime l headed for the door she flew to my shoulder, We had a lovely shower she on the perch and me clothed she was her old self ducking and diving, I was as wet as her. Today it is Shepherds pie day and l have to use the oven, she does not like the noise it makes or the blast of hot air when l open the door so l have to leave her in the LR.

However when it was time to be dished up she was sitting on her usual place with bib and braces she got stuck in and then hung on the door watching every morsel on my fork, it is very disconcerting, shortly after swallowing the last spoonful she wanted to go to bed, and helped me with blankets.

When she is good she is very very good, but when she is naughty she is very very naughty. On Youtube there is a Macaw who says "Naughty!" I say that to Billie but she gives me the wet fish stare.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:34 pm

I meant to say people are so inconsiderate, does your charity shop open on sundays?

I used to be in the rag trade myself and was in shop a run by Mr Meerpuri , he gave a lot of trade because l could pronounce his name the way he liked, how ever he was in was Uganda when General Amin took over and kicked all the Asians, Europeans and Chinese out, Mr Meerpuri saw the writing on the all and got out with is family before the ballon went up and opened 5 clothing shops in London, one in the Walworth Road.

How ever I was showing him my samples to him when a lady threw a wobble because he would not give her, the money back on a pair of long trousers she had bought for her six year old who had worn out the knees. "This is not Marks and Spencer, we sell cheaper than them, put your boy in short trousers" Funny enough l was a clerk at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurt, when Amin was an officer cadet in 1960, he failed all his exams but that did not stop him becoming a General!

My best friend Anthony bought all his clothes from charity shops, he even bought clothes for me, but you would not see me dead in a charity shop! He shocked me by buying female clothes in the charity shops, he even had the nerve to wear them to ladies day at Royal Ascot, topped off with an enormous ladies hat that even Mrs Topham would have been proud to wear!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:17 pm

I wonder If you met my brother in law? He was a pay clerk at Sandhurst, but in the mid sixties, I was stationed at the Cambridge Military hospital, not too far away. You might like to be seen alive in our RSPCA charity shop, it is clean, modern and well lit, it doesn't whiff like some do, our clothing is colour co ordinated too,and customers tell us it is ths best CS in Bedford, the ones who have the good sense to try before they buy, anyway.
Sanjay did Not like this mornings visit from the grandchildren, Jack is way too hyperactive, and Sanjay gets very flighty when he's around, so much so, he clings to the bars panting.But after they left, I gave Sanjay a misting and dried fig after which he settled on his bedtime perch and had a siesta. Btw, our shop does Not open on Sundays,the buses are not great on Sundays, and volunteers would have trouble getting in unless they happen to drive.I am having a long weekend, as I am going to Windsor for the day on Thursday, cruise along the Thames, lunch and cream tea,so I am not working on Friday or Saturday, bliss! And think of all that Sanjay time!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Yes l might have done the there were a lot of permanent staff besides us National Service wallahs, but l would imagine the pay corps did not have anything to do with us Royal Army Service Corps clerks, l was there between 1959 and 1961, as a Model room clerk in Old College.

Anthony dragged me around all the charity shops between Redditch and Brownhills some of the best were Sue Ryder, Cancer research, and the RSPCA shops. Anthony and l would have a good laugh in these shops the ladies must have been bemused by our antics he would call me his sugar daddy and l would call out "Come on Mother!" Sadly he died of a heart attack in 2008. He lived in a mobile home called Chic Dux with his sister 23 years older than him, and he traded in Bohemian Dux figarines. They were showmen.

Thank you for the invitation, the next time l am in Bedford l will look you up and buy something.

Are you taking Sanjay with you on your cruise? Although I tried to stop Billie biting me by fending her off with a spare perch several times l took her out into the garden and we spent an hour in the shade nodding to passers by. The hard part was trying to get her out of her the cat box and into her cage. I tipped the box up but she held onto the grille, just then a caller came and after l got back she was sitting on her cage door grinning at me. I held out my hand and she stepped up and l slipped her into her cage and shut all the exits while l took the cat box out, she was very annoyed but calmed down later she sat in my shoulder as we watched Primeval and when the Dinosaur roared she huddled up close. Sweet!

We had a baked potato and beef burger for our tea, she settled for the corn on the cob. At 6 o'clock she wanted to go to bed.

Was the Cambridge Military Hospital in Aldershot?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:54 pm

It was indeed! Not far from Camberley as the crow (IRN?} flies. No, it wasn't National Service by then, although my late husband was a Junior Leader. We get cross dressers etc in our shop, they never pass muster as female though, the walk, the Adams apple, and big hands and feet let them down. IRN's must have teeth after all, Sanjay says children make his teeth itch. No, he won't be coming with me, it will be a long day, coach ride each way and he won't have the homey comforts of his palace, I will get up extra early so he can play out, and make sure he has fresh water and food, and, as always, I will leave Classic FM on the radio for him. If it is feasible, he can come out to play again after I get back, much depends on what time I get back.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:52 am

I used to leave Classic FM on for Billie but she prefers the TV, Eden or Animal planet. In the afternoon she has to watch what l watch and that is Tour de France, she is quite happy everytime l glance at her she is engrossed. After brunch she wanted her box, so we went out in the garden for an hour and sat in the shade. I left her in the sun while l set up the table and chair then put on the table in the shade she definitely prefers the shade. She was very good when we came in meekly going into the cage while l hid her box. Then she had a quick shower, before watching TV.

I was amazed when she wanted to go to bed at 5.30 pm so l checked and yes hurry up. She helped me pull the blanket over her cage, because it was so early l told her l was not going to turn off the tv. Then she strated to did a tunnel to Australia or that is what it sounded like but after ten minutes there was this little cry of distress and l let her out. She sat on top of the cage for half an hour preening and then said she wanted to go to bed. "Are you sure?" I asked her and yes she was.

Does Sanjay want to go to bed early?

I did my basic two week training at North Camp the huts are still there and are now part of the British Army museum then l did my clerical training in the buildings on Wellington lines but they have gone now. My first posting was to the Army inteligence unit at Maresfield in Sussex also gone but when l got there on my scooter after numerous punctures they sent me back as they did not want any more NS clerks, l arrved back in Wellington lines when a QMS inspection was on and they posted to the first posting available. RMAS!

Anthony was a bit like Kenny Everett. Ant just liked wearing womens clothes. I am not looking forawrd to the summer holidays screaming yelling children in all direstions. Hope you have a grand day out.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:09 pm

Sanjay goes to bed at 8pm regardless of BST but has a late night if I've been out that's not very often, tho'. My basic training was Guildford, trade training Aldershot, I was at BMH Cambridge, then West Germany. And I did a stint in Belfast, where some of my relatives still live. St Omer bks have long gone, as has Tournai.
Anyway, when I was stationed at Aldershot, we had a Major Parrot!.
Tomorrow is definitely a Sanjay day, he can drop his cat balls on my head from the chandelier, but I draw the line at earring and nose stud removal!, it takes too long to find where he's chucked them!. I haven't made any serious attempt to get him into his pet carrier but I suppose I will have to bite the bullet soon. Do you read "Parrots" magazine?, there's a Q&A page and someones having problems with their IRN since they were burgled. Btw, Sanjay likes Eastenders, the music is his signal for bedtime antics, if it's a 7.30 start, he starts tucking into supper, if it's an 8pm start, he starts signalling with his wings "b e d t I m e"

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:08 pm

How nice, how old is Sanjay? I find Billie likes a routine, and the same set words. When she wont get off my shoulder, l say "I'll get the big stick." And she steps down very quickly. When l have to towel her l find it best to face her and hold my hands apart with the towel draped over them, she charges the gap and l gently close my hands and lift her up she does not struggle. What time does Sanjay arise?

When people bring in something for your shop to sell is it sent away for valuation? A big mistake of CS time ago was to let gems go for 6d. I remember on a jumble sale at our church some one let a valuable Moorcroft vase go for 30p! With the words 30p is better than nothing! Ant used to pick up beautiful things at Charity shops, he knew how to bargain with the staff.

A couple of years ago on TV they showed a series on Sandhurst and the cadets. In my days you had to drag me to church, and l was amazed how they let the officers grab the best seats at the front
it is only since l became a christian that l realize the best seats are at the back!

As a clerk l was fortuante to go on exercise with the cadets to Portugal Santa Magreida north of Lisbon
and to Northern Island Magaillerbrae near Port Stewart, then it was nissen huts now a prison. We were not allowed to wear civviies In 1960 all the locals drank Guiness and one day l had three pints in a hosue with a bar in the front room and on the way back to camp l flaked out. I remember someone stopped and gave me a push with his foot, "Its alright he's only drunk!" But they ran over my spectacles and l was sent to Belfast for them to be repaired l stayed the night in a Military hopsital outside Belfast. Sandhurst has its own hospital.

No to reading Parrots mag but intend to

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Sanjay is just coming up to four years old, and today I noticed a turquoise ring next to the paler green one. I remember going to church parade and watching my beautifully bulled shoes flake, they were like patent, and it all just cracked and crazed, and fell apart. But that's not the reason I am not a Christian!.
Today Sanjay had a lot of playtime, we watched Animal SOS this morning, apparently it is illegal to keep a bird in a space which is too small to stretch it's wings.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:48 pm

That is intesting, l did not know of this law. But it makes sense. I am having quite a lot of problems with Billie, she gave me a lot of cupboard love, sitting on my shoulder, everytime l turned my head she kissed me on the lips. I thought she wanted the cat box but oh dear when l bought it in she flew at me biting and scratching, so l got a towel and carefully put her in her cage, while l took out the cat box.

I decied to buy a small bird cage from Northern parrots it looks too small for her to stretch her wings but it is only for going out in the garden. Today l sat out without her, she did not seem to put out by this. Tonight l covered her cage as usual, but all of a sudden there was this distress call little bleats, so l uncovered her and re-arranged the blankets so one botted out the window and the other the TV
She thought this was very novel and came out and sat on a blanket watching TV. But soon after she went down.

I bet you never ironed your boots before you bulled them, it stoppped the polish from cracking. Just as we put folded cardboard into our turn ups to make them look better. l was so naive that l totally believed the men when they said if you urinate into you boots it makes the leather softer, but the next day we went on a route march, and l had to report sick with blisters and got booked for deliberately making myself ill!

At Sandhurst we were allowed to wear shoes, and on parade one day we had to mark time and my fluorescent pink socks flashed, l got two weeks in the cook house for that!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:03 pm

Nobody ever.told us to iron our shoes my husband Never put cardboard in turnups because by then they didn't have them The coach took us to Runnymede birthplace of democracy, we sailed down the Thames, past Windsor Castle Eton College and Beryl Reids adorable "Honeypot cottage", we had a superb ploughmans lunch on board, then sailed back to Runnymede. Then we visited Her Majesty's gardens, I shopped and even bought Sanjay a heart shaped seed bar. At 4pm it was cream tea time in the cafe, Earl Grey with lemon for me homemade scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam. It was cool on board both boat and coach but the outside temperature was line a furnace. I saw some rather splendid Manderin ducks.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:38 pm

How nice! I was going to tell you that once l went with a party by coach to Windsor where three of us hired a rowing boat l think they are called skiffs. We rowed to Egham and turned round to come back but the tide had turned and we only just made it back to the coach! Did the tour organisers show you the spot where Eton school boys would swim naked in the Thames?

NS days we wore kharki trousers with gaiters, those days are best forgotten!

Was Sanjay pleased tp see you? Poor Billie is having a very frustrating time she wants the cat box, today l made her go into her cage before l fetched it, and put it on the table and then opened her cage. After spending an hour in the sun we came in, but l had a job getting her out of the cat box in the end used two perches and after a lot of shilly shalling she got on one and was put in the cage with door closed while l took out the cat box. In a few days time that little cage l ordered from Northern Parrots will be here and she might take to it in a better way than the cat box.

At least people will be able to see more of her.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Much nicer than a cat box, more ventilation too. No, we weren't even told the Eton boys skinny dipped, eeoow! Think of the pollution they could cause. Yes, I think Sanjay was pleased to see me, but he was more pleased to see the big heart shaped seedy bar Is brought back, if it was good enough for Windsor, it was good enough for his more modest palace. Jet lag today, and aching, so I'm glad I begged a long weekend off work. They should bring National Service back, far too many unemployable yobs around these days.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Are yobs male? Are you being sexist? Two years compulsory service would be okay but the cost would be prohibitive, l think they should be made to do voluntary work or have their benefit cut.

Today has been a diamond day, Billie was on my shoulder and l went into the bath room to inspect the plumbing she has given up trying to see whence the water flows, but she flew to the clothes hiorse and l turned on real water for her. I left her alone fro a few minutes and when l got back she was upside down faning her tail. She got really wet, and was ready to come out on my shoulder.

After Brunch Billie went into her cage so l could get the cat box, and we sat outside for an hour and then a neighbour joined us, and we enjoyed the sun another 30 minutes it was funny watching her when my neighbour talked she sat on his side of the cat box and when l talked she sat on my side.

There were no problems with getting her out of the box when we came inside. She wanted dinner early because after a tiring day she wanted to go to bed at 5.30 pm. There was no noise from her as as l watched Tv for two hours and so l came into the bedroom as l left l thanked for such a nice day.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Real water? Is there another sort?. Actually quite a few of our volunteers have been sent by the job centre, the trouble is, some are only interested in adding it to their CV, and are not thorough, and a few Weeks ago £70 disappeared from the till, when the Job Centre sends them, they don't need to fill out an application form and supply referees. So quite frankly there boss takes a jaundiced view of this "work for benefits" idea.. If NS would cost too much, maybe Boot Camp would work just as well. On the subject of volunteers being sent by the JC, quite a lot are no good to us anyway they have quite serious mental health issues, one girl is partially sighted, and can only put one item through the till.
Anyway, Sanjay was in an affable mood today,and stayed up a wee bit later, going to bed at 8.15pm, partly because he was sharing an orange with me.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:59 pm

What time does Sanjay get up? When l uncover Billie she looks like death warmed up, and it takes her a few minutes before she poops, that done she is on the move demanding l get a move on.

Real water, when l go for a pee l call it inspecting the plumbing and if Billie is sitting on my shoulder she is curious about the splashing water, but when she has a shower it is with real water.

That is terrible about the stolen money and a charity shop too! So scrap the voluntary work idea, it will cost too much.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:24 pm

That's not all, AJ, we get shoplifters too. Mostly they steal from the window, brand new designer label handbags, a beautiful crystal lotus candle holder, and we can't block the windows off, then there are the empty hangers..... We had dogs and cats who accompanied us to the bathroom, the dogs had the savvy to wait outside, just in case they got bathed. With one exception, daughter had a Boxer bitch who would leap into the bath with you if you forgot to shut the door, "bath with a friend" took on a whole new meaning.Sanjay hasn't seen my wetroom, and probably doesn't care to. I was bathing my grandson Jack this evening, he's two almost three, he wouldn't get out, so I pulled the plug.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Poor little bugger. Make the most Jack soon he will soon shut out. I worked in a clothing shop, RGPecry for a number of years and a man grabbed an armful of clothes and ran off l chased after him but every so often he would drop a garment, so he got away.
Today has been one of those beautiful days, no biting, no screaming, does everything without having to be told twice. She went into her cage while l fetched the cat box and then went into that with out a murmur. We were sitting under the shade of a lime tree and when l dozed off. Billie is a bit funny in that she does not like me dozing, lf l have been asleep too long she beeps just to make sure l an still alive, also she does not like me kneeling either. Now l was dreaming about my neighbours using a flat iron on my arm to smooth the skin when Billie beeped and l found the sun had moved round and was now on my arm!

We came in after an hour and watched TV. I was debating whether l would do some cooking it is Shepherd pie tonight we both love that when she started getting agitated so l started the cooking and we sat down to a repast fit for a king, she scoffed hers in her bowl in record time but left a few scraps and then wanted to go to bed, l was still eating mine, but she insisted. After l had cleared away the dishes l was sitting down to enjoy watching tv when she made a lovely call and l lifted the blanket and she was sitting by the door to be let her out, I thought she wanted to watch the Tv. She is a bit short sighted and likes to sit on the back of a chair situated half way between the Tv and her cage, but now she did not come out but made a round of her dishes looking for the last of the Shepherd pie l had already cleared away!

So after not finding it she thought the better part of valour would be to make strategic retreat and so l covered her up again, not a peep. She sleeps 15 hours. BTW do you know where l can get a pair of spectacles for short sighted parror?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:54 pm

No idea, we had a myopic Persian cat years ago, could not find her spectacles either. I thought only Road runner beeped?, has Billie been watching cartoons?. Jack visited, Sanjay went into conniptions, I had to cover the cage because he was panting, I had a nephew who had a similar effect on our dogs, he walked in and they were out of there!. When my daughter was waiting for the taxi, I picked a flower from my little front garden, Jack likes flowers, he looked at me sternly and said "Granma! you will get into trouble!", so we had to explain that it was My garden.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:36 pm

How literal do small children get. Billie has done everything by the book today she went into her cage and the cat box materialised like the Tardis, Billie has taken an aversion to the water bottle l put on the front of the cat box so she could have a drink it has a red top which makes her see red!

The Travelling cage for a small bird arrived today, how small is small? Billie helped me assemble it but l put my finger in her beak again and blood was the consequence. Gone are the days when she listened to my complaint "That hurt" A couple of finches maybe a wren or two, but an Alexandrine?
Think again! I was hoping she would go inside to try it out, no way.

I put it in the loft, it might be handy to have a small cage in hand, sort of thing. But since she is better behaved with the cat box the need for a small cage has gone. However she tried it on at bed time hoping the cat box would materialise again, l just ignorred her and eventually she got the message and got on her sleeping perch/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Coo!, Billies a bit of a Carnivore isn't she?. Sanjay was stressed again today, there are guys right outside laying new pavement, so I let him stay out as long as he wanted, and play with his cat balls. After a while, he went back in and started eating his peaches and strawberries. The poor little lad hasn't been having much luck lately, what with Jack bouncing around like Tigger, and now these nasty noisy men too close for comfort.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:46 pm

What l want to know is what happened to Monday? All of a sudden at 3 pm l realized it was tuesday and l have not done the weekly shop and the cupboard is bare! I had a rumage around in the Freezer's bottom and found a liver casserole with three slices of bread and marge and a yogurt it had to do.

We had a collie called tigger but it started to mount my sister so my parents gave the dog away and the new owner lived in Hertfordshire. Tigger had a way of thumping the door with his tail to let us know he wanted to come in and weeks later we heard the Thump thump and there was Tigger! He had found his was back to Croydon must have been 60 miles. They gave him away again and we never saw Tigger again.

As long as l keep my hand and face out of her beak we are all right! Not to speak of the neighbours who clump around in their boots. My neighbour has been reasonably quiet. Well l have not heard her above the air conditioner and over head fan which between them make a dickens of a noise, so l turn up the hifi to drown them out, and becasue l cannot sleep with all that noise l stuff my ears with plugs!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:03 pm

It would have been better to have had the dog castrated, no point in passing the humping problem to another person. Sanjay was much more philosophical about the road works today, and quite affable, he burst into song this afternoon.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:22 pm

Billie does not sing, does not talk, but she has a raucous shriek, a wicked bite but a lovely temperment, just like today, l did my shopping, came back and played the organ, but she was making a lot of noise and flying to the door l thought she wanted the cat box untii she started to paddle in her swming pool and the penny dropped she wanted a shower! Then we had brunch together and after she knows the ropes too well she was sitting in her cage waiting for the cat box to materialise. And so we spent an hour in the garden, l put her in the sunshine but she made it clear she prefers the shade.

We both agreed it was time to come in, but she would not come out of the cat box so l left her to make up her mind, then after dinner l was going to close down the cage but again she made it clear that she prefers the top up and the blanket covering it raised. Is there any need to talk when she says so much already!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:07 am

Sanjay may have a better nature than Billie, he never bites, a little nibble maybe, virtually a kiss. But he has a wicked way of making a chuckling sound when he scores a hit with a cat ball dropped from the chandelier on to my head. Misting showers are "in" at the moment, Almonds are out of favour, he just loves walnuts best of all, closely followed by peanuts in their shell. He still hasn't been able to finish the big seed heart I brought back from Runnymede last Thursday!,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:16 pm

Sanjay is a Ring neck but Billie is an Alexandrine, she had a very rough first two or three years of her life, mostly she is very sweet and loving but sometimes especially when she gets frustrated she lashes out, and l do tease her. So l get my just deserts.

In the pet shop we had an old Macaw and when he bit you he would dance and laugh, l think he loved the taste of blood, when Billie has biten me she turns on the charm.

Today was a first, she joined me on the table with her cornflakes, mostly because l dip her cornflakes in water but mine are in milk, l had to go out to the kitchen and when l got back she was standing on the rim of my cereal bowl for one minute l thought she is going to dive in but she turned around and left me with a nasty taste in my mouth suppose she pooped in my cereal? It left me wondering what Parrot poop tastes of, but before l could find out she flew back to the cage.

We were having a nap this afternoon and the answer came to me, parrot poop tastes of parrot poop!

Billie will pick up a monkey nut but as soon as she tastes the peanut inside she drops it. She does not like nuts period, although for a while she liked cheshnuts.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:08 pm

Eeeoow!, have you ever seen a dogs "eeoow" expression?, one evening when daddi came home I gave the dogs a Bonio each to stop them barking, Luke, our baby, put his down to go and have a pee, meanwhile, Amy, his granny, had scoffed hers at speed and had her eye on his, not wishing to get scruffed by him, she peed on his Bonio and stood back, Luke came racing back and went to pick it up, and That was the classic "eeoow" moment! He curled his lips and nose up, and walked away, so Amy got her wish and scoffed it anyway. I gave Luke another one.
When we visited Henlow pet centre, there was a blue and gold Macaw, he was hanging upside down in the middle of his cage by his talon, as we walked by, he shouted "Oi!" In a very deep male voice!, turned out he was a she hmm, very feminine Not!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:14 pm

Because our Macaw was in the middle of the shop the local children used to teach it swear words and on day a gentleman said to me "Is your parrot saying what l think it is saying?"
"No it is saying Fraggle rock!"
I thought Charlie was a female but he could wolf whistle and many a lady came to me to complain.
Good for Luke,

I was reading aboutClaire and her BF letting their birds share a meal and this made me feel jealous so l have been trying to get Bilie onto the table when l eat a meal,this evening she sampled 7 grapes and decided they were not good enough for eating, she ate from her bowl but thought it was too risky trying to eat from my plate maybe another time.

We both has a lovely day together.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Amongst the potty mouthed parrots on YouTube, which do not amuse me (stoopid owners) there is an extremely funny clip, Baby, an Australian sulphur cockatoo, you cannot understand her profanities, but the interaction between her and her owner is absolutely hilarious, well worth watching. Sanjay hovers, like a hummingbird above my plate, but would rather wait nicely on his cage door for a morsel.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:17 pm

How do you like you parrot poop in the mornings? Billie is not sure of the etiquette involved in coming to my table although she is gaining in confidence. I was going to say that when l got Billie last year she bit me a lot but as she had more sleep she stopped and last night my down stairs neighbour had an hour long row with someone at 3 am. I was sure this would affect Billie but she took it on the chin and was well behaved all day.
She wanted her box and was not going to take No for an answer, so l took her out in the rain then we came back l had just got her out of the box with some millet spray and the sun came out, so did we but it started to rain again after half an hour and she moaned like the dickens so we came in.
I just left her to make her own way home/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:36 pm

Aww, poor Billie, talk about adding insult to injury. One of our foster carers has a tiny ginger kitten, eyes not open yet, and offered it to me when I remarked it was the image of our old "MacGregor" from eons ago, I said Whilst I would love to have him, Sanjay would most definitely Not!, if it grows to MacGregor size, it will be bigger than next doors Jack Russell.
We had the same weather here today, which kept a lot of potential customers at home. Sanjay and I shared a piece of chicken at teatime.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:48 am

I tried Billie with Chicken but she thinks it is to near the wick, but we shared Shepherds pie today she ate everything and came and begged more off me. We had the best sleep last night in ages but that did not stop her refusing to go back in her cage, she wanted to spend the night in the cat box.

Some Flemish rabbits grow to the size of large cats, in some videos on Youtube you can seen how parrots keep cats in order, but it might be different to established bird.

Billie and I sat out in the garden this afternoon for an hour, it was very pleasant.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:27 pm

When my late husband was a boy, he bought a bunny from the market which grew into a Belgian Hare. I don't understand Billie preferring the cat box, you'd think it a bit claustrophobic. I shared cooked broccoli with Sanjay today cooked or raw, he likes it just the same, but I never give him things like shepherds pie etc,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Today Billie had a shower onher own, l checked her several times once she was on a lower part of the clothes horse but she seemed to enjoy the privacy but it left me a bit worried her poop was very waterery, maybe because it was in my bath!

Later l fancied she was showing a hormonal atack by bleating and heading for the floor but she seemed alright later, but could not settle at bed time, l covered her as usual but after a few minuites this little voice said "Anyone there?" And l uncovered her for awhile, but soon she wanted to be covered again.

Billie does not get much of the shepherds pie, the corn and some peas, crispy potato edging and that is all that is left l have eaten the rest. In the mornings l make up for her fresh veg bowl with brocoli
but she throws that out, she likes sugar snap pea pods , will eat a little carrot. Her fruit bowl contains some fresh peach but that is a heave ho as well, she likes white grapes, and pear sometimes apple.

Today l picked some fresh blackberries,she tried one but was not keen. I left a bowl of grapes and blackberries on the table and she has sampled some grapes but not blackberries. Billie was gnawing the cat box today and l discovered she had biten through one of plastic shutters. So l taped it up with sellotape. I shall have to watch her, or buy a cage to take her out.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:26 am

Sanjay loves late summer, because he likes orchard fruits, Damson plums, raspberries and blackberries are on his menu, he is also partial to nectarines and "Saturn" peaches, the little flat ones, even though they are fiddly to remove the stone from. Today he decided to play with my specs, he removed them very deftly, and threw them on the floor, several times, he obviously prefers me without accessories!. I was late home today, but Sanjay was very philosophical about it, extra playtime makes up for it,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Billie does not like me wearing specs either, but when she cannot lift them she bites the plastic off. She is hates plastic, but she was very annoyed when she discovered l had taped up her attempt to escape by biting through the cat box, so she started on a new spot, but l put my foot down no more biting plastic please.

Billie does not like blackberries, actually she does not likes much fruit it is easier to contrate on what she does like. she like the cherries but l thought gatting the stones out to be too fidly so they are off.

I was getting dinner ready and she was sitting on my shoulder and l ran the kitchen tap immedaitely she was down my arm for a dip so l took her into the bath room and she had a quick shower on her own, she was not very wet when l turned the taps off, l thought it was getting too late for a shower.

alvittos

Post by alvittos » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:47 am

Well she did not like the whole pomegranite so it is back to quarters hanging up, recently with this hot weather l have covered her age with blankets and not put the top down, l thnk she apreciates the extra space under the blankets

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:51 am

You've changed your name AJ,, but I shall continue with AJ. Sanjay has just eviscerated Two Passion Fruit!, now he is starting on his Kiwi fruit. He asked for a misting this morning.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:21 pm

Yes please, where that other post came from is any ones guess, alvitos? Maybe it is a cog ignite? But if you are going to use big words it could be snail mail, eviscerated sounds like elvis cremated and probably is.

However, misting is no longer any good for Bilie she has to have a shower in the bath room, l think she wants this because she can eviscerate in my bath, actually she is in the dog house becasue she won't stop chewing the cat box so until l can find an alternative wire box, such as a budgie cage and l cannot afford those travelling boxes sold by Northern Parrots, Argos sell a collapseable cage but l think the mesh will be too big. And the wire cage l bought form Northern Parrots is far too small!

She would not come out of the cat box today, no amount of turning it upside down made any differnce she just hung on, so l undid it and took the top away and she still would not come out so l tipped the lower section on its side and forced her out, but she was not very pleased.

It might be a blessing in disguise, because everytime l doze off in the sun she wakes me with a "Are you all right?" Squeak. Now she will be left behind when l go out to sit in the sun. It was a year ago thatl was sitting out in the sun and she was thrown out of an upstairs window, it is amazing that a year has passed, none too quickly l hasten to add

Billie does not like Kiwi fruit and she turned her nose up at the passion fruit l bought before and as l have to eat up her remaindes l l do not like Kiwi or passion fruit.

AJpeter

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:04 pm

If "Alvitos" was trying to be you, how very sad. Eviscerate, literally, he completely empties the shell, and then some. Elvis was buried in his favourite car, I believe. Anyway, I love Kiwi fruit, they contain an entire days RDA of vitamin C. But I'm not a lover of Passion fruit, and its the seeds himself loves so much. Erm, did Billie literally fall into your life? Did someone throw her?, aww, if that was the case, I hope they got their comeuppance!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:30 pm

Last year l was sitting on my sun lounger in the shade when l saw a neighbour with a cat box, she was trying to entice something into it. So l walked across and saw this small green parrot on the end of the cat box. I put my hand out and it ran up my arm l used to work in a pet shop and have no fear of animals. I took the bird into my upstairs living room and put the bird on the back of a chair while l drew the curtains.
When l went back down Alan whoose bird it was said it attacked his budgies and he threw it out of the window. He offered me the parrot cage, it was huge and well battered. It had plywood all over the sides with messages "My name is Bella and l bite!" Inside were two wooden planks with stainless steel bowls one with seed and the other with water. A metal mirror with three bells, and a hanging wooden cube toy. The cage was filthy!
I helped Alan down from his upstairs flat and he helped me with putting it in my flat. The bird was on the pelmet, Alan did not say good bye or anything and when l asked 3 months later if he wanted to come and see the bird he said no. His story was that he had the bird for about two years and got it off a friend. Alan said that the bird went to sleep anywhere and flew around his living room with the two budgies and a dog. He only gave sunflower seeds with no fruit of vegs.
When Alan was evicted none of the cleaning companies would go in it was so filthy, dog mess every where, in the end our HA got some gypsies to clean the flat out.

So l inherited a bird, l re-named it Billie after Billie Holiday the jazz singer. Bought a new cage. Billie has laid ten eggs this year, had hormonal urges which l think she still has, eats like a horse, her weight has been steady at 257 grams for 6 months. She does not talk but tells me what she wants by looking, and making sounds. I am very fond of her.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:31 am

I don't know who is more fortunate Billie, or you. If Alan couldn't keep his own environment clean and tidy, he obviously couldn't keep an animals clean either. Billie might surprise you with a word or two one of these days, maybe Alex's have quiet talking voices like some IRN's including himself.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:00 pm

I think Billie is going through a hormonal relapse, so l am reviewing all her triggers, no more sweet food, grapes corn; no carbs, ie bread and potato, no fatty foods Shepherd pie is out! More flying she has become very lazy also no more lap dancing, limit the shoulder time, no more dark places such as the cat box, she was very upset when l would not let her have the cat box today. Early to bed and dark sleep for 12 -15 hours. She can chew through the plastic vents on the cat box in minutes and could escape so again l am looking for a wire cage but there will not be many sunny sit out days this year so l have all winter to look for a budgie cage with handle that does not have plasic feeders.

This idea of having her join me for meals on the table could back fire becasue today she was scoffing corn flakes and all else dipped in full cream milk and that is out l might have to eat my breakfast in the Kitchen. Dinner time she was not interested in salad off my plate.

Billie has again shown symptons of the hormanal attacks by bleating and diving for the floor of the cage where she sits. i was reading somewhere that too much water, ie showers could be bad for her.
I took drastic measures last time by moving the cage around and even moving the cage to another room keeping her to strict diet regime and no more cuddly. I hope to nip this attck in the bud and we can return to some normality.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:53 pm

Sanjay has a new pet carrier I won't say "cat box" because they carry other animals too, its a smaller one, more suited to his needs, I bought it from the charity shop, and tomorrow I will take the big unused one in to sell. He is starting to give body language signs that indicate he is very tempted to fly over, and perch on me, it will be interesting to see if he does. I doubt if you will stop Bilie from being broody but you might alleviate it a bit with your measures. Sanjay never gets like it, so I am still open minded about his actual gender, tbh, I don't care either way "love does not alter where it alteration finds".

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:16 pm

I have just pushed the backspace button twice and wiped out my long reply what a shame!

When l uncovered Bille this morning she bleated and dived for the floor of the cage and sat still for 5 nnutes until the hormones subsided. It was then l realized that l must act so as l cleaned her cage I took out most of the hanging toys, moved the bowls around, did not put out any sweet fruit, no grapes
THe pomegranite now hangs on the other side. No corn.

Then l steamed cleaned the cage and surround, l offered to steam clean her feathers but she put that off for another day. It was then l noticed she stinks to high heaven so she had a big shower l even took the shower off its attacment and sprayed her under her wings, but she took a large dose of umbrage and flew to the curtain rail, after l put the shower back in its holder she retuned to the clothes horse.

She still stinks. Her vent is clean, she has bright eyes, l must weigh her soon. She joined me on the table for breakfast and scoffed cornflakes dripping with full cream milk. We had a bit of a fight over the last cornflake, she offered to climb in and retreive it so l gave it to her while l poured sugary milk into my coffee.

This afternoon she was sitting on a perch and bleated her signal for a hormonal attack to start but she sat it out and was okay, I made her do a lot of flying simple going to the door and waiting she hates me going out and will fly to my shoulder. We had dinner together, she sampled every thing including a spring onion and the retreated to her cage and wanted to go to bed l managed to get her to wait while l finished and then I covered her up.

Normally she scrabbles around on the bottom of the cage but tonight she was shacked out and went to sleep pronto.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:25 pm

I saw a nice affordable small traveling cage on Scarlett's page but they are out of stock, if Sanjay goes into the box you will be able to take him out into the garden and sit in the sun. l have built up a nice tan on my arms since sitting put but now Billie chewing the box l do not want ot risk her breaking out and besides it is not good for her hormones.

Not sure l understand your love philosophy, but if Sanjay lays an egg you will know then, and if he does not well he could,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:19 am

What is that smell?
You smelt it you dealt it,
The smell is like my downstairs neighbour's salt fish. So l checked the stair well where her smells linger waiting to multiply so they can invade my flat, but no there was was none there, l checked 0utside nothing there, l sniffed Billie twice the first time she thought it was a joke the second time l nearly lost my nose! But she smelt all right.

I smelt the plastic carpet protector, that smelt like a plastic carpet protector should then l found the culprit. The plastic tray which l steamed cleaned has curled up and died, phew! Even Bilie is gagging on the smell, she was preening tonight and got a feather in the back of her throat, l thought she was dying especally bad as she has been really very good today.

I decided that today is the day l weigh her. I put the scales on the table and invited her to sit on them No Way! So l tried to towel her, after chasing her round the living room she was out of breath and so was I. Then she flew to the top of my head and l lifted her down to the table quickly switching on the scales before she changed her mind but she calmly walked up onto the scales and waited for them to calm down and she weighed 241 grams!

She has been at this weight for 6 months so l am very happy.

She sat on the table and shared my stew she only eats the corn. Then she wanted to be covered at 5.30 pm and that was our day/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:01 pm

What happened with the smelly tray?, Well, I took the big pet carrier in, and my boss was overjoyed, especially as she can ask a bit more than the smaller one I bought yesterday. I had mashed carrot and Swede with my dinner, and Sanjay enjoyed a taste or two very muchly. Our communal garden isn't really suitable for sitting in, but its a nice thought. Sanjay is definitely a "night parrot" he would take a very dim view of being covered before 8pm. If I uncover him early, I get a very baleful "wot??". So I usually wait until 8am, which I think is sensible, I don't want him waking the neighbours with his morning sing song.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:09 pm

What's wrong with your nose?
I got it stuck between the bars on Billie's cage.
What were you doing?
Sniffing out that smell!

I took the cage off its stands and sniffed the plastic tray, good job l did because it smelt like a plastic tray should and l do not need to order a new one. But the smell was coming from her cage, so l went over it with a fine tooth comb, actually brush and some disinfectant and brushed every nook and cranny, cranny was not keen on being brushed but she certainly smelt better. Nook was tickled pink.

Billie looks like death warmed up when l uncover her in the morning at about 8.30 am, she perks up after her poop. I shout "Not one the cage!" But she has cloth ears. She demands to go to bed at 6.30 pm but l have cloth ears. This is the crunch some people can burn the midnight oil others can get up at the crack of dawn. But never the twain will meet.

I do not know why her cage should suddenly start to smell after l steamed clean it maybe the steam woke up the dirt and it started to smell in protest.

Billie got very etchy this afternoon, l thought she wanted the cat box but in the end she wanted a shower this has become a daily occurance. she does not get very wet and in case or bath shakes herself in a way that any shaker would be proud of but she is a very clean bird.

The last time l invited a swede to dinner was back before christmas, we had shepherd's pie tonight me on my side of the plate and Billie on her side.

My downstairs neighbour says she can hear Billie sqwarking, and me shouting at Billie. Tough! I can hear her at 3 am having sex with her boyfriend the pair make more noise than a pack of jackals on a stag night. I bang on the wall turn the volume up and make sure the earplugs are in, and then turn over and go back to sleep.

Once l lived in a flat at the top of the house off the Soho raod, and this cock pigeon would bring home a different hen every night, he would promise marriage if she would and the amount of billing and cooing was ghastly, his pad was just out side the reach of broom sitck held at arms length. I complained to the housing officer about the noise.
"You are only jealous." I was told

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Its tomcats here, at night, but they can have me howling with laughter, one growling and t'other making a noise Exactly like "ooh no no no no", my neighbours aren't too bad, but one of the Croatian guys upstairs comes home from work at 11pm, and is heavy footed, it goes on for several hours. I can't use ear plugs, I wouldn't hear the alarm clock. Sanjay has resumed afternoon siestas, he stopped having them for quite a while, but I often catch him spying on me with one eye!, he is afraid of missing something. The guys upstairs are ***, and I often hear embarrassing sounds, I'm Definitely Not jealous!, I tell Sanjay to cover his ears.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:52 pm

PS, the word the prudes have censored was an old fashioned word meaning happy, flamboyant or colourful, maybe I should have said "ginger beer", which isn't so polite.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:44 pm

I have used that word too and had it blotted out.

Billie really loves eating with me, her table maners are not very good if she grabs too much she shakes her head and bits of food go everywhere. But otherwise she is a lady and does not try and climb into the bowl.

There is not much l can get past her, l was washing her cage with soapy water and there were too many suds so l went out to the kitchen to rinse the cloth and came back and she was sampling the suds!

It makes me laugh when she stands on the edge of her cage and cranes her neck to see what is going on out side in the court yard. If she is eating her seeds and hears a sound she drops everything and rushes up to her perch to see what made the sound. A right nosey parker!

She used to have cat naps but l have not seen her napping recently but when she did she ground her teeth the noise kept me awake! Tonight l was catching up on Ride London and looking at all the places l know so well, and the tail end was after she had gone to bed, l swear she was muttering under breath about the noisy keeper she has to put up with. I must tell Billie to cover heer ears.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:31 pm

That made me laugh!, Sanjay tends to freeze if he sees or hears a strange noise outside the house,he emptied his bowl of its berries today, yet he still scouted around the bottom of the bowl, he looked really comical with his tail sticking up vertically, and his little britches. When I scrub his cage, he takes refuge on the chandelier, he Hates housework, but loves a clean palace.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:01 pm

Those parrot sticks have a little yellow plastic thing inside and when Billie has picked the bones clean of her millet spray l use that liitle stick to hold the spray now when she has finished eating the millet instead of dropping it on the floor now it hangs waiting for her to have another nibble.

She enjoyed a shower today but did not get very wet, so l tried ot birng her in, everytime l headed for the door she flew back tot he clothes horse after the 2nd time l drew the shower curtain which thwarted her attempt to return.

M/S are ready to to upload updates it has taken them 30 minutes to down load them. Norton had a red flag so something is going on.

However Billie was ready for bed at 6 pm and she got covered even before she asked.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:12 pm

If you go to Pets at Home, you can buy a millet holder Sanjay has always had one, they make it possible to forage for millet. My mother pegged millet up to the roof bars of her budgies cage with a clothes peg.today we shared fresh pineapple, Sanjay loves the juice.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:24 pm

That is a no no for Billie, she is not into juice, l offered her some blackcurrant juice she dipped her tongue in and walked away/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:18 am

I thought Billie liked the juice of fresh oranges?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Oh yes she will sit and suck the juice out of a segment, it is the concentrated stuff out of bottles she is not keen on, today she has been asking very nicely for her cat box, just shrugs when l say no also l cut short her shower because she was not getting wet just sitting on the perch.

Got to keep thinking ahead, there are nesting spots she has found and the cat box is one of those, also l have to be wary of sexual advances, l know she is getting too much shoulder time, l try and limit it to not more than three rides a day, and no lap time. Last year it was hell because l did not nip in the bud her sexual advances. She was very hormonal last year and has exhibited some hormonal activity already. Which l stopped by changing her cage around, she took the hint. Just need to keep an eye on her.

That millet holder would would not last Bille more than ten seconds she is very destructive, she shredded my collar today luckily it was an old shirt, l bought an xxxlarge shirt from Asda the sleeves were made for a gorilla, but l shall let her destroy it, no need for washing!

She enjoyed the breakfast cereal, but was not so keen on the salad but l think she appreciated sitting on the table watching me eat my salad.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:48 pm

Why pay ASDA prices for a shreddy shirt? Charity shops sell lovely ones, often brand new at a fraction of the cost. Today I found some lovely golden dates still on the vine, on the Asian stall, Sanjay loves them, hopefully they will ripen a bit more in his fruit bowl. I never give Sanjay concentrated juice, his juice comes direct from his fruit. I've discovered he likes nectarines too. I have crunchy nut cornflakes, and he has one or two to nibble, no milk, I am lactose intolerant and have Soya milk, I don't think its good for birds.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:34 am

A little bit of what you fancy does you no harm, Billie eats cheese but in all l do not think she has much milk, at least it does her no harm. Her poop is okay, her breath does not smell, but it does worry me a bit she eats five or six cornflakes with some milk. Soon l shall be cooking porridge and she likes that made with milk. She does not like peach.

I thought she was having too many showers so this morning l avoided the issue, but she started to paddle in the new stainless steel dog bowl l brought so l took the hint and she had her shower and loved it turning upside down on the clothes horse, even going down a rung or two.

This afternoon she was telling me that the weather was ideal to go into the garden in the cat box but l know what her game is, she wants to re=affirm it as an ideal nesting site, so l kept saying NO until it sank in that we were not going out into the garden in the cat box.

Instead she sat on my shoulder as l played the organ and chewed the collar of my shirt.

I gave her some millet as a consoltation prize to take her mind off the cat box.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Coo? You play the organ and chew your shirt collar at the same time?, lol!, that's what it sounded like. It was way too chillikins here today to venture out, I shall have to tomorrow, 1pm to 5pm shift at the RSPCA shop. Today I finally got round to shampooing my carpets, Sanjay sings to the hum of the vacuum and shampooer, he always has. A couple of cats were sizing up for a scrap, earlier, and Sanjay was fascinated, he stayed perfectly still, but listening quite attentively, I hope he didn't learn any naughty words!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Sanjay is quite a character. Billie has chickens when l switch on the vacumn cleaner, yes that should have been Billie chewed the collar of my shirt!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:13 pm

When there is a bang from down stairs Billie looks at me but l do not have the words to explain it is downstairs, so l shrug and she understands that.

I had dinner early tonight just to see what she would do, but she foxed me by asking to be covered up at the nornal time of 6 pm.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Fresh Organic figs are back on the menu, courtesy of the WVS stall, Sanjay has decided to eat them again. He has adapted really well to my working day schedule. When I clean the palace first thing. He knows he will come out to play again in the evening. Mind you, even that is becoming more frequent, because he now Asks to come out to play. Its never for long as his tummy sends him indoors for supper.

Donovan

Post by Donovan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:06 pm

Figs are easy here... they're growing everywhere.. I don't know about your side of the ocean though :P

too bad my birds refuse to eat them

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:31 am

They do well here in the UK, but they are a horticultural tree rather than a "wild" one, we have some in our town centre, planted by the council, if I picked a few figs, Is probably get nicked for theft!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Along with Donovan's birds Billie does not like figs, so it is left to Joe soap to eat them, l hate throwing food away. Bille fell off her cage today l have no idea what happened suddenly she squealed and there was a flapping of wings and she turned onto the Heathrow flight path and legged it back here.

As a matter of course l changed her cage around today and she sulked, would not eat anything so l changed it back, she devours a pomergranite quarter every day, but hardly touches a quarter of Corn so Corn is off the menu.

We had stew and rice tonight but my bowl was so deep she could not get her neck over the rim so l off loaded some choice items onto a saucer. She thought this was a splendid idea and transfered most of it onto the table. She loves sharing my food.

I hope to remember this tuesday to buy some pellets from the pet shop, these will in be a bowl all day, at the moment she gets a fruit bowl and a veg bowl all day first thing in the morning but the fruit bowl looks tatty by mid afternoon, and she does not touch the veg bowl.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Sanjay loves sweet corn, bitter melon, broccoli, sugar snap and garden peas, but refuses to eat carrot. His veggies are speared on a skewer and hung up, as are his peppers and fruit. The golden dates are pegged up on their vine, in a bowl he has half a small melon or a thick slice of papaya, on alternate days. After work today, I picked up some fish and chips for tea, he adores a piece of the crispy tail end, followed by a tiny chip, just the right size for him to hold and nibble.Sanjay will not eat pellets At All, but has a complementary bowl of seed mix, and a seed and honey bar, his "emergency" rations. The fresh foods Always take precedence though.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Yes l like the idea of emergency rations, something to keep her going if l snuff it and a bowl of pellets might be the only edible thing left after a few days. Various people have my house keys but it could take a few days before peoplé realize that l am not around, Billie would be alright for water as she has her swmming pool and a water bottle, it was rather gratifying when l cleaned the bottle and hung it up with fresh water for her to have a long drink from it. She used to enjoy looking at the bubbles as they went up but that is old hat now. She has two sticks hanging up one she enjoys and she does not but l dare say that if she was in need it would get eaten.

Talking of ear plugs reminds me that Boots sell a wax muffle which deadens sudden noise, but my downstairs neighbours were very quiet last night and l slept well.

It was a lovely sunny afternoon and Billie wanted to remind me to take her out into the garden in the cat box, but l told her it was in fact quite chilly and after making a song and dance she put the idea on the back boiler. Billie nibbles Brocoli so l keep on adding it to her menu, she likes raw carrot. Tonight we had shepherds pie, on my side l add some mint jelly she is not keen on this so on her side she gets exrta corn.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:49 am

I am watching carefully Billie's changing season, not wishing to make the same mistakes l made last year, well she has become more friendly wanting to sit on my shoulder and rip my shirt collar to smitherines. She was sitting on the cage looking into the mirror with today her head up which is a signal she wanted a neck rub so l told her to come down for one and she did, but l avoided the trap of letting her sit in my lap, just kept her on the back of my hand.

The good news is she wants to follow me around and flies after me this is good exercise. She likes a shower in my bathroom every two days or so when she cavorts on the clothes horse, but other wise she just sits there not getting wet. She calls for the cat box l think because it is dark in there, but l say no and she quickly turns her attention to something else.

I am cutting back on the fruit, well the amount of time it is in her cage is limited to mornings only. As the nights draw in so l hope top put her to bed at sun down but as that could be as early as 4 pm in the winter, l am just wondering whether she should have so much sleep time. (17 hours)

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:23 pm

I read somewhere, parrots need 12 hrs sleep, so I wouldn't worry too much, she is able to eat and drink if she wakes up before you take the cover off. Someone wanted me to sponsor a dog with the "Dogs Trust" (formerly the NCDL) today, I told them I have a parrot to keep.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:52 am

Sanjay thinks he's in Birdie heaven!, not only Prickly Pear fruit on the Asian market stall today, but I found a Ginormous "cat ball with bell" designed for Guinea Pigs in Wilko's, oh boy! Is he ever beating that one up and playing "footie", if he drops this one on my head, I shall certainly know about it!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:25 pm

You should have asked them to sponsor your parrot, Billie gave me my marching orders today. Gordon came we have not seen him for three months, as soon as he came in she stood on tip toe and gave him a royal fanfare, then as he was talking to me she flew to his shouder.

But she took the biscuit when she started to bite the zip on his jumper, we both told her off and then she bit him on the neck. I told Gordon it was a love bite and l took Billie on my hand to my shoulder. She bit my finger and bit me on the neck! She prefered to be with Gordon.

I put some pellets in what was her veggie bowl and she showed her disgust by scattering them all over my carpet. Later l gave her a millet spray and she was chomping through that when she had a hormonal attack and went to the bottom of the cage, but it passed quicklty and she was soon back to her old self. We had dinner together, but by the time she joined me there was not a lot left. Billie wanted to go to bed early at 5.30 pm so l covered her up and watched the news and then l watched a who dunnit and she was huffing and puffing under her covers, then l had a problem with the remote l could not switch off the tv. But got it sorted and left her to dream of a new life with Gordon.

Cold tonight 45 f in August! I expect snow next week. Sanjay's muumi could get a ringing in her ears.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Billie has more in common with ***** cats than she'd care to know, we had a Blue Burmese who would leap onto visitors shoulders and scare them silly, and a pair of Siamese, mum and daughter, who could sniff out a cat hater from yards away, and as soon as that person sat down, they would leap gleefully into their lap, knead their thighs with their claws extended, and purr loudly. After that, owning a feisty ringneck is easy peasy. I'm awfully glad Sanjay isn't hormonal though, Is be a gibbering wreck!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Oh puleeze!, fussy spelt with an" P" instead of a F has now been banned!, is this board monitored by puritans?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Xussy is a rude word for female genitalia and should be banned, l wonder if they would allow:

Who killed cock Robin?
I did said the sparrow
with my bow and arrow

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Ah, but wussy cat isn't a rude word!, .love is a four letter word, but they don't censor it.

SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is all too funny. Wussy cat wussy cat where have you been? I've been to London to visit the Queen.

It is good enough for the Queen, but not the Forum. :roll:

Hi Peter...received your message. Gordon would have been a one night stand. You are the keeper...quite literally , I guess.

Hi Sanjays mummi...you two are very entertaining. I have been busy but sent AJPeter a Hallo PM last night. Sorry, but I have to fly. :wink: Will try and stop in now and then with a quick post. Should have more time near the end of September - beginning October.
Mary

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:48 am

Sanjay's muumi had ***** deleted by the admin and it made us laugh as to what is all alowed and what isn't.

Yesterday l decided to cut down on Billie's showers in the bath room as she may be more interested in humid conditions than a shower but today she started to paddle in her swimming pool which is her way of telling me she wants a shower and once the water came through she was upside down and got down to a very low rung l thought she was going in the bath. I added to the shower water by misting her and she was jolly wet when she agreed l could turn off the shower but it took a lot to get her off the clothes horse. I offered two half nelsons and a chinese burn and she finally consented to leave the bath room.

I have also discovered by moving her treats around such as the millet it lessens the hormone attacks she had none today. Also she approves of fruit in the morning and veg in the aftternoon, before she ignorred both bowls but today she dragged out both fruit and veg. I put some pear on her cage and she sat there eating most of it.

She does love her cornflakes dipped in milk, although sampled all my cereal it was the cornflakes she really wanted and when they were all gone so was she.

I bought this shirt from Asda at xmas last year XXXL why do think large people have long arms? Any l have gone off it and and let Billie chew the collar, l look a right rag a muffin in it now.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:19 pm

Because a large persons girth takes up the slack.My grandson Jack loves bird feathers, he picks up even the grubbiest sparse ones, so when I present him with a nice clean pretty Sanjay feather, he is thrilled to bits, well, now there are no more for a year, he is greatly disappointed. Sanjay asked for a spray bottle shower today, but he stays upright.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:21 pm

I have been wondering what to do with Billie's feathers she shed in the moult l shall keep the tail feathers but you are welcome to the others l could post them to you. I was thinking of arranging them into a pattern and taking a photo but that is too much trouble.

We have an age concern shop in Perry Barr it looks as if a bomb has hit the inside, sometimes they get a manager who tidies every up and it is a joy to go in. Gone are the days when you could find something decent now it is all junk/

Ant and I would go to Kingsheath there were eleven charity shops in the high street.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:26 pm

You'd be amazed at how many people don't realise ours is a charity shop, they ask "do you have this in a size 12/blue?", because the shop is clean, bright, un cluttered, and all tops are colour Co ordinated, and our windows uncluttered, the "sally army" shop, however, a few doors down, is cluttered and smelly and a ringneck wouldn't be able to find her eggs in there!.

SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:09 pm

Hi Peter - I was reading an article by Pamela Clark - it spoke of hormonal behaviour - I think she actually has an entire article about that so you may want to look it up - anyway, it said fat - ie) cheese, milk etc will increase hormonal behaviour and/or start it - also, to not feed too abundantly, heavier..hhmmhhmm...fat...birds are more likely to have problems. Also decrease carbs - white rice, white flour pasta, potatoes etc - brown rice is ok, as are sweet potatoes, feed more berries...Ok, I'll post the link to the article dealing with hormones - this one I have not read but maybe you will find it helpful:

http://pamelaclarkonline.com/uploads/Ho ... havior.pdf
Mary

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:55 am

Thanks Mary l have read that and printed it out for future reference. Billie's hormonal attacks consist of a sudden squealing and a dive to the floor of the cage where she sits crouching with her tail up the side of the cage. I call these hormonal but they maybe connected to her heart. The vet found a murmur but it was never investigated the vet said it could be expensive. Last year she was very sexual, but l am, watching her carefully checking her poop. Billie has cornflakes dipped in milk, but has gone off cheese.

My friend Anthony used to drive all over the West Midlands looking for chairty shops, we found some nice gear in Brownhills, but did a lot charity shopping in Kings Heath. He hated motorways but knew all the lanes and byways.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:09 pm

Poor Billie, have you googled for birdie symptoms?, my daughter had a Boxer years ago who, as a puppy kept "fainting", she had a dodgy ticker too, when she died aged 10 yrs old, it was Very sudden and very quick. According to her breeder, her mum died in exactly the same way just a year before .Anyway I have discovered why Sanjay adores prickly pear, they are bursting with seeds!,

SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:52 pm

The behaviour sounds hormonal to me. Many people and animals have heart murmurs, a lot do not even know it. Unless it is a very serious one - and you should probably ask the vet more about it next time you take Billie in - it likely will not be an issue. But of course, I am not a vet. I have a friend who has a hurt murmur so she takes antibiotics before going to the dentist and of course, more care is required is she needs an anesthetic but other than that it has not changed her life.

If you want to do some reading: http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guid ... treatments
Mary

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:03 am

AJ, this edition of "Parrots" magazine has an excellent article on Alexandrines, And another article about sugars, often hidden ones, in their diet. You can't miss the mag, it has a gorgeous male Alex on the front cover.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:04 pm

I am hoping that what she is exhibiting this year is a left over from her previous period, strangely l made a call from my phone and it beeped Billie reacted by diving to the bottom of the cage, l can see no cause for dashing off to the vets especially as his consultation fee is £75! Thanks for the link Mary.

I have just ordered Parrots Mag l hope they send Sept issue. I bought Billie some sweet paotato today it has pink flesh and she loved it, l also bought a whole Yam, the last one she turned har nose up at it so l hope she will try this one it is nice and ripe.

She used to be so careful where she pooped but now poops on my chair at will. Sorry Sanjay's muumi l do not hve google, l will try bing and let you lnow

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Sanjay likes sweet potato, but I've never tried him on yam, he also likes butternut squash. Any search engine will do, as I'm interested to discover Why Billie does this!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Ask.com is my favourite and you can ask a vet online for free although they like a small reward, but l have checked out all the symptons she passed A1 and she looks to be healthy. It might be a left over from her traumnatic life before l got her. Billie's weight has been steady at 241 grams for 7 months now and she has not bitten me for weeks!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:48 pm

You must be doing something right, on all counts!, Sanjay has only bitten me once, four years ago just after I got him and had to towel him after he escaped from his nursery cage, and found himself in the kitchen. I never weigh him, I can see by his breast he is not overweight, besides I'd have to catch him first!, and he'd Never forgive me.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Billie fluffs her feathers so she looks fatter than she is. It is not over weight that worries me if she falls ill she will pretend that everything is ok but her weight loss will show when l wiegh her. I think Sanjay rules the roost.

Billie was paddling in her swimming pool so l took her out to the bathroom for a shower even before l got the temperature right she was upside down on a lower rung of the clothes horse, and she really got wet l helped by spraying her with the misting bottle. She was quite content to come in after that.

I tried to fool her with low fat milk on her cornflakes but she spotted my attempt and came and ate my cereal with full fat milk! Tea time it was salad and she made a bee line for the cheese on my plate. She threw onto the table all the things that got in her way.

I was reading that birds with a respiratory (breathing) problem wag their tails. Billie holds her tail steady. All in all l think she is in good health. In the mornings forst thing she sits on top of the cage and poops. I shout "Not on the cage!" But one word from me and l hav eot use a paper towel.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:41 pm

Sanjay Does Not "rule the roost", he is a free agent, that's why he isn't wing clipped, and not allowed near my food. Not that he ever approaches it. I much prefer an independent pet, everything is on his terms, and if he is affectionate toward me, it is a bonus. I discovered some fresh yellow passion fruit today, with little red seeds, much sweeter than the leathery over ripe ones, he loved them .Sometimes Sanjay gives his tail a waggle, not often, its usually after a shower.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:50 am

Each of them have their own ways which is why they are so delightful last week Billie gave a standing ovation to Gordon she has not seen him for some time, however she bit him on the neck l told him it was a love bite but he came again today she hardly noticed him but did condescent to fly to his shoulder but wary of her beak he was flapping a rolled up newspaper between him and Billie this was upsetting her, l tried to get her off his shoulder but her hackles were up so l had to use the big stick.
After astruggle she got on and l put her back in her cage so she could calm down.

Yesterday I took a chance and washed the kitchen floor with some Flash carefully flushing it out with lots of clean air. She survived that so I took another chance today with the bathroom floor adding large amounts of fresh air, it is amazing how ineffective water is on dirt.

I forgot to defrost cheese and she was very upset there was none l tried to show her that frozen cheese is not easy to cut, l found some cheeslets in the fridge and offered her some but like me she is not keen on soft cheese

In keeping with sameness l moved her perches around she tried to bite my hand but after l explained what l was doing she just watched with interst and then tried them out. She prefers the vegbowl to fruit but tucks into the pomegranite. Tesco increased their price from £1 each to £1.50 which l thought was outrageous so l bought three @ £2 from ASDA. I shall tell her it is this or nothing she does not like ASDA pomegranites

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Knowing Billie, it will be Waitrose or Harrods next. I personally wouldn't invite anyone who distressed Sanjay, again. He isn't keen on Jack my grandson, so Sanjay stays in his palace, and I sometimes cover it if he gets really upset. Its only because Jack can't stay still for more than a few seconds. Little people worry him. There were fat juicy figs And prickly pear on the market stall yesterday, but no pomegranate, and no bunches of Dill, being philosophical, Sanjay played Pollyanna's "glad game", he loves figs and prickly pear.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:39 am

How different to Sanjay is Billie, she does not like figs or dates she has just discovered sweet potato, not that she swallows it just squeezes it and spit the remains out.

Good news Parrot magazine arrived today with Alex on the front cover, interesting article on refined sugar, last year Billie loved porridge made with Golden syrup which may have been the root of her hormonal problem. Either l say no to her or eat my porridge (with lashing of golden syrup) in the Kitchen or l do the decent thing and commit hurry curry. I have a sweet tooth.

Tonight Billie shared my evening meal, she made a parrot line for the cheese that was hiding under the lettuce, she ate a bit of that and nobbled some letuce, OOPS! that should have been 'nibbled', and some grated carrot, refused any of my quiche she left leaving a mess on the table.

Just as l was clearing away she wanted to go to bed, 5.30 pm l told her it was too early and she pouted so l asked her "Are you sure?" And she reaffirmed it was bedime so l covered her up.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:00 pm

Does Billie semaphore with her wings?, Sanjay does when I ask him if he wants to go to bed, and he makes a little noise of affirmation too. Today he had a piece of my egg, he likes cheese, but I don't eat hard cheese myself, so I sometimes buy the little miniature net bags to share, I have the soft cheeses, he gets the hard ones, but not all at once, or too frequently.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:20 am

Time to start a new thread look for Bilie the wonder parrot part 2