HELP MY IRN IS INACTIVE!

Moderator: Mods

Parrotlover101

HELP MY IRN IS INACTIVE!

Post by Parrotlover101 »

Ok so i got a new IRN from a well known breeder 4 days ago it is 14 weeks old and fully weaned, however i have some questions

1. The IRN's Poop is kind of runny but is starting to get solid is this normal? ( ihave been feeding it cockatiel diet since its beak isnt that strong yet also i gave it some cucumbers and some watermelon if is also eating well and drinking ALOT)

2. My IRN isnt very active however he is very tame and knows how to step up is this normal for him to not be active

3. MY IRN isnt making any noises he is quiet all the time

4. My IRN has a shade of light red on the skin around his eyes is this normal?

NOTE: WHEN I GOT HIM HIS NAILS WERE REALLY REALLY SHARP SO I CLIPPED THEM ONE OF THEM STARTED BLEEDING BUT STOPPED AFTER I DIPPED IT IN FLOUR AND BAKING SODA but now he is doing fine
ranechild

Re: HELP MY IRN IS INACTIVE!

Post by ranechild »

So he's still a pretty young bird. He's probably still getting used to his surrounding and a little scared. That could be part of the inactivity. He's too scared to play.

You'll find that cucumbers and watermelon are very high in water content and low in nutrients. on that diet it's no surprise that his poops are runny. try something with less water content, carrot, apple--you'd be surprised what his beak can get through.

about the red around the eyes, we'd need a picture. If you are worried he's sick, then I would take him to the vet. I think if you can get him on a less watery diet you might get him to perk up. It takes time for new birds to feel comfortable too.
Parrotlover101

Post by Parrotlover101 »

This is the right eye
Attachments
photo (2).JPG
Parrotlover101

Post by Parrotlover101 »

this is the left eye
Attachments
this is the left eye
this is the left eye
Princess Yuz

Post by Princess Yuz »

Parrotlover101 wrote:Ok so i got a new IRN from a well known breeder 4 days ago it is 14 weeks old and fully weaned, however i have some questions

1. The IRN's Poop is kind of runny but is starting to get solid is this normal? ( ihave been feeding it cockatiel diet since its beak isnt that strong yet also i gave it some cucumbers and some watermelon if is also eating well and drinking ALOT)

2. My IRN isnt very active however he is very tame and knows how to step up is this normal for him to not be active

3. MY IRN isnt making any noises he is quiet all the time

4. My IRN has a shade of light red on the skin around his eyes is this normal?

NOTE: WHEN I GOT HIM HIS NAILS WERE REALLY REALLY SHARP SO I CLIPPED THEM ONE OF THEM STARTED BLEEDING BUT STOPPED AFTER I DIPPED IT IN FLOUR AND BAKING SODA but now he is doing fine
Thres nothing to worry about. They usually get red rings around there eyes when they are stressed and unsettled. Try and gain his trust for the next couple of weeks and talk gently to him so he becomes familier with your vooice and feels safe. Inidan ringnecks usually start to talk at about 1 years old so not to worry if hes quite all the time.