Floor toys (A.K.A foot toys)

Moderator: Mods

SunniDai

Floor toys (A.K.A foot toys)

Post by SunniDai »

Ok. So Sunni has a small basket of foot toys that she plays with on the floor. (I say Sunni has a basket of toys since she is the only one to play on the floor...until today). There are certain ones that are definite favorites.
Today after she was done playing, she crawled up into my lap. Oscar had been watching her play. As soon as she got into my lap, he flew down and started exploring the basket of toys. This is the first time since bringing him and Luna home over a year ago that he has shown interest in the toys :D
Needless to say, I am very happy with my boy right now!! Now he and Luna are on the floor poking about in the toys.
Progress!!!
~Dana

Donovan

Re: Floor toys (A.K.A foot toys)

Post by Donovan »

I have a bird bath that I use as a foot toy holder. I decided long ago that the baths you can buy are way too small.. so this one has become a toy box for foot toys.

Actually it's more of a box of stuff to throw on the floor. My bird will rarely actually play with any of the toys in it. He is happy to empty the box.
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

They sure are amusing little creatures :)
~Dana

Donovan

Post by Donovan »

yes, when I was putting together a new cage.. he came down and stole the bag of nuts and bolts. As he flew off with it he dumped it out and a lot of it fell down into a vent in the floor.. that was fun fishing all that stuff out.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Rocky has loved foot toys since his very first jingly cat ball I bought him on our first trip home together. I'm always surprised when other people's birds don't use them, and at first I wondered if it's a boy bird thing. I guess it isn't, though.
-MissK
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

Nah. Sunni's favorite toys are things that make noise and any piece of cloth. Luna likes hanging beads. Oliver seems to like the jingly cat toys too. But Oscar has never really played until today :)
~Dana