NEED ADVICE !?!?

Moderator: Mods

lachy43

NEED ADVICE !?!?

Post by lachy43 »

Hello everyone, i have recently got a IRN names Borris, he is about 1 years old. I've had him for about 4 days and i'm pretty sure he wasn't hand raised. Anyway, he will not willingly step up, we have to sort of corner him in his cage with the stick until he steps up then quickly pull him out so he can sit on top of the cage. He also is a bit nippy, will only cautiously allow hands near his belly and no where else, or else he sends off an angry nip (tries to bite). He also only eats apple and seeds, we've tried tomato, kiwi fruit, mandarin, banana, celery, spinach and some others but just spits it out. Anybody have any advice? :) Please help, i'm new to "birds" :)!
eckythump

Re: NEED ADVICE !?!?

Post by eckythump »

lachy43 wrote:Hello everyone, i have recently got a IRN names Borris, he is about 1 years old. I've had him for about 4 days and i'm pretty sure he wasn't hand raised. Anyway, he will not willingly step up, we have to sort of corner him in his cage with the stick until he steps up then quickly pull him out so he can sit on top of the cage. He also is a bit nippy, will only cautiously allow hands near his belly and no where else, or else he sends off an angry nip (tries to bite). He also only eats apple and seeds, we've tried tomato, kiwi fruit, mandarin, banana, celery, spinach and some others but just spits it out. Anybody have any advice? :) Please help, i'm new to "birds" :)!

i have an irn too m8, firstly dont corner ur bird in the cage just leave the door open and if he wants to come out he will, 2 keep trying different fruits ( mine seems to like plums and raisins but her fav is monkey nuts ) eventually u will notice his fav foods, he will still need his normal food as well, eventually after a lot of patience ur bird will start trusting u and realize ur not a predator. good luck