Biggles bluffing?

Moderator: Mods

krazy_kate00

Biggles bluffing?

Post by krazy_kate00 »

I may be over reacting butt..... today i painted my nails red (he really hates the colour red) but he really didnt like them so i took it off (with nail polish remover, but i washed my hands again afterwards). but after i took the nail polish off he was still acting weird like all flighty around me. he would step up onto my hand but wouldnt let me cuddle him, he still gave me kisses though. He is usually really really cuddly and he loves scratches. i gave him his space tonight, played with him and his toys but he is still "uncuddleable". he is 5-6 months old so it should be bluffing right? well anyways my plan is to give him a big long bath tomorrow (his favourite activity) and then give him space. good plan?
~.:KatE:.~
krazy_kate00

forgot to mention

Post by krazy_kate00 »

also he keeps on chewing his tail feathers, well i dont know if he is chewing them or if he is molting, he isnt bored he has loads of toys (foot toys, chew toys, puzzle toys etc) and his cage isnt to small, lol he only goes in it at night. i dont hav a recent pic of his tail but ive got one of his cage.

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Ringnecks associate the colour red with danger. So yeah he wouldnt like your nails, or red shirts hats or whatever.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

It's about the right time to be bluffing. Look up all you can here on bluffing and ASK away!

Dani and Prinnyy
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

I am no expert on anything when it comes to these birds, but maybe he just didn't like the smell of the polish or remover? Just thinking out loud.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

lol

Red nail polish. Im sorry I am dying laughing.

The first time Baby saw red SHE FREAKED. My son walked up to her with a very red Ecko t-shirt on and she literally was trying to kill herself flying in the cage. It was awful.

Not knowing any better, it isnt funny. But to know how they react to red and then have a member paint their nails that color is a hute.

Sorry, I have a sick sense of humor.

Very cute post -still laughing-
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

I've had to acclimate our birds to red, since its my favorite color!

Dayo came to us HATING red, and would attack it anytime he saw it. So, I gave him and old red tshirt to take it out on, and he left my good stuff alone ;)

Oh, just in case, you do know that nail polish and remover fumes are really bad right? Really really bad. Even for us, but more so for birds.

Athena
krazy_kate00

Post by krazy_kate00 »

yeh its too cold for a bath this morning but he is still not letting me cuddle him :( i think he is bluffing. he is soooo flighty and "Chewy" he goes around destroying everything. he has never bitten me though. he actually doesnt mind the colour take his anger out on he actually doesnt mind the colour red (wearing red pants lol) i think that he was just used to my nails being unpainted. i bought him a new toy to take his angerout on. lol at the moment he is destroyin my laptop. (why is that funny). but yeh he is usually sooo well behaved. any tips on bluffing?
Xenobia

Post by Xenobia »

Red?

Wait...

I guess Busey is okay with red because that's the color of my hair!

(Ah! I can't get a pic to load tonight. )

LOL

And as far as the tail goes...
Busey had NO tail for awhile because he'd jump off things and break the feathers. Then it grew back. Now he's broken it again!

I think the youngsters just play rough.

Oh, and he had a little molt at six months too - but he didn't get new tail or wing feathers! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Angelface

Post by Angelface »

I always paint my nails downstairs with windows open!! i can't stand the fumes myself!! and i use nontoxic nail polish remover to help cut down on fumes!!

I wear yellow around Ravi a lot or green...and she seems to respond really well to it!! birds seem to like green a lot too!! the amazon I was taking care of LOVED blue and greens. and hated red of course!!! and all our food reps wore red aprons...so of course the birds hated them when they wore the red!! and then were fine when the red was gone.