EMY Holding on to her food even while dozing!!!!

Moderator: Mods

Abhi_dani

EMY Holding on to her food even while dozing!!!!

Post by Abhi_dani »

Hi People,

Just saw the cutest thing done till now by EMY, so here it goes: I gave her a piece of cabbage to eat last evening and while eating it she just decides to take a snooze and I **** you not she actually slept for about 4 minutes then took a bite and then again snoozed for another few minutes before finally dropping zeh cabbage like Al Pacino in Godfather. 8) 8)

Has anyone seen their IRN do that before???, also does this behavior signal tiredness by any chance?

regards,
Abhi

P.S.- I know her cage is too small at the moment but Im in search for a bigger cage for her as per my satisfaction.
Attachments
Emy sleep holding2.jpg
Donovan

Re: EMY Holding on to her food even while dozing!!!!

Post by Donovan »

Thats excellent. Reminds me of an old man trying to watch a ball game on tv and passing out.
Or just looks medicated :P
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

That is precious.
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

too cute! Just like the kid falling asleep at the dinner table. No, I have not seen this before. But if she is new to you and/or very young I guess it should not be a surprise. Youtube is full of animals asleep in their bowls etc.
Mary
Abhi_dani

Post by Abhi_dani »

Hi thanks for the reply everyone,, I am so excited have been showing this picture to everyone and seen it a million times myself.

Im guessing it was past her sleeping time but I just wanted to talk to her so she must've slept that way.

Any ways if you could guess her age it would be of big help as she was a rescued bird and I am not too sure of her age.

Regards,
Abhi
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

I think a clearer picture would be required for any age guess. And someone with more knowledge might be able to ask some specific questions to determine where she is in development. A good avian vet or likely a breeder would have the most accurate guess if the rescue has no more information to provide. Are they not able to say how long the previous person had the bird? Maybe how long they had it? Did they have a guess? You might have to be happy with 'younger rather than older.' Sorry to not be much help but I noticed you asked the question a couple of times with no response yet.
Mary
liljo202

Post by liljo202 »

SkyeBerry wrote:I think a clearer picture would be required for any age guess. And someone with more knowledge might be able to ask some specific questions to determine where she is in development. A good avian vet or likely a breeder would have the most accurate guess if the rescue has no more information to provide. Are they not able to say how long the previous person had the bird? Maybe how long they had it? Did they have a guess? You might have to be happy with 'younger rather than older.' Sorry to not be much help but I noticed you asked the question a couple of times with no response yet.
That is too cute Yes my ringneck Roscoe did the same thing I got him when he was 6months old I had him just a week I gave him a little spaghetti and he fell asleep for a little with a piece of spaghetti dangling from his peak it was too cute liljo202