IRN pinched me??

Moderator: Mods

kiwi16.10

IRN pinched me??

Post by kiwi16.10 »

Hi all
I'm new to the forum...well, I have a 4 months IRN namely Kiwi-healthy and happy bird.there a thing she-he does that's really intriguing me...
he/she often climbs up my shoulder and stare at me with innocent look.kiwi makes cute cries and try to give kisses on lips (I often kisses its beak) then he discretely just take a small piece of my skin (cheek) and pinch it.it really hurts and when i say 'boubou' (means it hurts in French baby talk- something else i taught my bird) then he stares back
.is it some kind of cuddle or is he just pinching me??
ranechild

Re: IRN pinched me??

Post by ranechild »

He is testing you and exploring. He will be doing this to your fingers, toes, ears, etc for the next few months as he explores and tests his boundaries. I would strongly discourage him from biting your cheek. If you can predict when it's about to happen, do something to stop it before it happens--offer a toy, treat, ask for a step up...

I have a Quaker Parrot who likes to eat scabs and such off of faces--He's too old to train out of it, but I am really trying to make sure my new parrot doesn't ever start!
kiwi16.10

Re: IRN pinched me??

Post by kiwi16.10 »

hi. thanks ranechild for your suggestion and help.. i will try to do something next time he tries to test me again...