She naps lying down?

Moderator: Mods

carrie

She naps lying down?

Post by carrie »

Seriously! On a sunday arvo I'll be in my usual position - lying on the couch - and atticus comes and sits on my belly, has a clean and then naps with me - but she lies down! It's not a full lie down - she kind of leans forward so that her belly and head are flat on me - but she stays in that position for half an hour or more. Sometimes she even has her head turned as if she's lying on her side. I'm just waiting for the day when she fully rolls over into the foetal position! Anyone else seen this?
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

It's pretty rare, your birdie must trust you alot.
When Growls was little he would fully lay down on my shoulder on his stomach and fall asleep, they usually lose those cute mannerisms when they grow up, try to encourage her :)
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

How sweet is that??!! I would love to see this. If u can try to get a picture.

Jen
julie

Post by julie »

indie does that sometimes when he is sooking but only on the top of his cage.i wouldnt be game enough to fall asleep with him there .have you got any new pics of atticus?is the pied markings still there or moulted out??
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby sinks into me like a duck in water sort of. She tucks herself, into herself like a duck.

Better not touch her then either or you'll draw back a nub. Thats like her meditation time... she is not REALLY asleep, cat napping but noone had better bother her without getting her out of that trance.

I think she digs my warmth and heart beat because she always gets on the left side of my chest.
natalie

You guys are so lucky

Post by natalie »

:shock: You guys are so lucky to beable to interact with your babies like that. It sounds like the cutest thing to see.
Ok so Marley is coming round , i mean sometimes he calls for my attention. I can tell when its me he wants and that he's not just exercising his lugs because he always sits on his cuttlfish which is on the side of the cage that i always sit on, and he wont shut up till i come, which is sweet, if not rather controling :lol:
But i am not holding out much hope on ever being able to have him sit with me. Infact im just happy that Marley is happier now then when he was when i first saw him. :shock: Poor little fella, if you could see how he acts when he see's i have new toys for him, and yet he hadnt ever played with a toy before 6 months ago, its so nice to see. Its like watching your kids open there pressies on christmas morning, except its every few days!!! But then again you never know he is still quite young really, maybe i will be posting video clips of me with my head in marleys mouth , you know like the lion and his tamer :lol: Natalie xxxxxx
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Oh natalie... dont get me wrong. Baby doesnt NOT like touch at all and probably never will.

To 'touch' Baby is to hold her or put your lips on her beak. She HATES to be stroked/scratched. To her it is like nails on a chalk board. I respect that, however, in the 30 years we are together it will be something we start to work on soon.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

It takes time Natalie that's all. Work long enough with him and it will happen. Prinny adores touch though. She will sit on my chest or knee and just sit in a trance and be petted. She loves to be scritched!

Dani and Prinny
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Remmi loves to be scritched too. He closes his eyes and just lets me scritch away. Byndi? Like Baby, go there and draw back a nub. But he'll warn you by growling and pinning. Then he lunges and you'd best be out of the way. But one day maybe we'll be able to interact the way Remmi and I do. MAYBE. :shock:

Hugs,
Jen
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Thats how Mazzie showers LOL...

I lie down in the tub, she runs to the center of my chest, lies down opens her wings and goes to sleep.

Its about the cutest thing in the entire world :)

Athena
Jade

Post by Jade »

Chook usually assumes 'the position' when he has decided its time for some loving from me. That usually involves about 15 mins of head scratching until he goes to sleep and he will stay in that position until he wakes up again.