no noise

Moderator: Mods

sammy 80

no noise

Post by sammy 80 »

hi i have had my irn spike for a year now. He dont make any noise at all he has plenty of interaction with me plenty of toys and mirror in and out of his cage. He will step when i ask him too i talk to him alot but there is just no noise from him at all any help would be great
pattiB

Re: no noise

Post by pattiB »

wow. no noise from an IRN. I'm not sure what to think. Sometimes I wish there was no noise from our Gracie. :D I have no answer but maybe just do LOTS of talking to your bird? Play music?
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

None? None at all? not even a squeak?
He could have a physical problem making him unable to vocalize. I have no experience in that, but I find it hard to believe he would never make a vocalization and have a working voice. A Vet would be able to tell you if you care that much about it.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

My Alex hen does not make much noise, she has a call "Where are you?" and will squeak when l uncover her in the mornings l know she can sing beautifully as she woke me up at at 5 am when she was chirpping and singing along with the Dawn Chorus but as soon as she heard me she shut up.

You could try playing youtube videos for her to hear, I think Billie was shocked to the core when l let her hear those videos.