Joey's Behavior

Moderator: Mods

JoeysMom

Joey's Behavior

Post by JoeysMom »

So, things have been going well for Joey. Except, for the fact she absolutely refuses to grow a tail :roll:. But lately she has been performing some weird behaviors (or I should say NEW). First off, she loves to perch on my head. She comes down with no problem and she is never aggressive when on my head or shoulder. So I allow her to perch there. Last night while doing some classwork I let Joey on my head. She enjoys doing work with me. Suddenly she starts making this little soft clicking/hissy noise. She jumps off my head and onto my chair. I turned to look at her and she was all fluffy with her eyes pinned. She looked at me said "Mommy" and I gave her my finger. Instead of getting on it, she pinned her eyes again, fluffed up, got real tall, then shrunk down, all while making her clicking/hissing noise. The noise almost sounds kissy-like. Then she proceeded to jump back on my head, make the noise and behaviors. Then she would jump off again, and make noises and behaviors again. She kept doing this until I put her back on her cage.

Also last night she got all excited looking at her shadow before going to bed. She was up against the wall, looking at her shadow, making noises and opening up her wings. She was acting similar to the behavior I see males do, where they open their wings and make a "heart" shape.

Does anyone know what she is doing? Oh yes, as a side note. During these behaviors, I am not touching her inappropriately. Since I am worried they may be sexual in nature, even though she is about 9 months old.
-Joey's Mom
MissK

Re: Joey's Behavior

Post by MissK »

Crazy. Does your head make a nice nest????
-MissK
JoeysMom

Post by JoeysMom »

Apparently yes! My hair is pretty short, but Joey still manages to swing from it and play jungle bird. :lol:
-Joey's Mom
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

It could be hormonal, Billie used to fly to my head as it was easy for her to land, maybe Joey finds the same especially with no tail. Make sure Joey does not get mushy food, and she does not rub herself on you.