instant results with the missk method

Moderator: Mods

t5copper

instant results with the missk method

Post by t5copper »

Hey all
as I said in my intro my irns were seriously terrified of me, iv only ownen them a handfull of days and I was at a loose end with how to make a start on my relationship with them!
I took the advice of missk and started treat bribary, to begin with I had little success but I decided to move the cage to the side of the sofa where I was sat, I placed apple and millet through the wires and within 5 minutes my olive irn was approaching within 30cm of me! I was quite simply gob smacked! He/she would of gone wild if I got within 5ft of her the previous day, within the hour olives cage friend emmy was following suite and altho she wont come close to take food her confidence/trust seemed to improve just because olive's behavior had changed, too add to the sudden change my 2 feathered friends now choose to sit facing me on the closest pirch to me! When they previously had there backs to me on the opposite side of the cage, this is a big step for me for 2 birds that seemingly had never been handled by the breeder and im delighted :D
Thanks for the great advice and helping me on my way with my irns , a small step but a huge one for my birds
AJPeter

Re: instant results with the missk method

Post by AJPeter »

Well done t5copper, keep up the good work for 2014
AJPeter
MissK

Post by MissK »

That's really great news! Good work! Keep it up, and remember to go slowly.
-MissK
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Great news to hear! She is the best! I always tell people we have the best family members here. :OP Gosh, i love this little place on the net! 8)

Best Wishes, :wink:

IMRAN-C
pixiescam

Post by pixiescam »

So this seems to be what I need to do with Ziggy. I've only had him for a day now and he seems terrified of me. I feel so bad for him, and i really just want to start to gain that trust. I guess the first step if to cut up some apple and put it on his cage bars.. (if he will let me). Thankyou, wish me luck!