Ceiling fans and Cookie's incident.

Moderator: Mods

xxsalxx786

Ceiling fans and Cookie's incident.

Post by xxsalxx786 »

It was my mistake that the ceiling fan was on and my IRN got hit by it when it was flying and i saw all these feathers coming down. It seemed okay. i checked if anything was broken or even bleeding. Cookie was fine and thank god he was. But now Cookie seemed as if i struck it and runs away from me now. :( :( :(
Like when i pet it, it used to nibble on me and try to bite me. now i feel as cookie is afraid of me :(
please help me :/
Harrysmums

Re: Ceiling fans and Cookie's incident.

Post by Harrysmums »

xxsalxx786 wrote:It was my mistake that the ceiling fan was on and my IRN got hit by it when it was flying and i saw all these feathers coming down. It seemed okay. i checked if anything was broken or even bleeding. Cookie was fine and thank god he was. But now Cookie seemed as if i struck it and runs away from me now. :( :( :(
Like when i pet it, it used to nibble on me and try to bite me. now i feel as cookie is afraid of me :(
please help me :/

O no this must have been horrible for you! I'm sorry I can not help as I am new to Irns but I just wanted to say I'm sure in time cookie will come to you.

Maybe take the training back a step sitting near the cage ect build his confidence back up?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I think Harrysmums is right, Cookie has had a really nasty shock and is right to blame you, but am sure Cookine will forgive you and soon you will be back together just as your were, look for a fan with a guard over the blades. I have seen ceiling fans with a guard you might be able to make a guard out of chicken wire.
AJPeter
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

I thought I would die without my ceiling fans...but then I realized that my birds really can die with them. So I taped over all the switches. It's the safest thing with flighted birds. I hope your birdie is ok.
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D