mirror talk

Moderator: Mods

Tyeman

mirror talk

Post by Tyeman »

Hi just what people think is it healthy for a bird to sit infront of a mirror for half an hour or longer talking to itself i know it makes him happy but yea??? and its not bordem because he has plenty of toys to play with
ellieelectrons

Re: mirror talk

Post by ellieelectrons »

Would you call her mirror-chatting behaviour obsessive? If so, I would remove the mirror as it's not healthy for her.

Toys are very individual and different birds like different toys. A book that I have, "Parrot-toys & Play Areas" by D'Arezzo & Shannon-Nunn lists 11 different parrot-toy categories for you to try with your bird. They suggest that at any one time your bird should have toys from at least 4 categories. Someone else has written the 11 different parrot-toy categories here: http://lafebercares.com/what-to-chew-today/

Ellie.
Tyeman

Post by Tyeman »

Yeah i would say his mirror chatting is a bit obsessive..I cant remove the mirror though he has free reighn of the house and its a built it wardrobe mirror lol guess il just have to start discouraging him...That's a nifty website thnx...my boys have got at least 4 of those toy categories
Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

Could you cover it sometimes?

I love to listen to birds chatter, I always think it must mean they are happy :)
Loo :)