Proud of my chickster

Moderator: Mods

Ayeitsiya

Proud of my chickster

Post by Ayeitsiya »

My lil'guy got a progress, before whenever I go near his cage he'll either freak out or try to bite me and scare me away... But now I tried sitting down and watch some videos on Instagram ( talking indian ringnecks) then he'll go near me and try to watch. There's this one video and the IRN keeps saying "Is it good?" Then after he watches it for a few times i tried giving him sunflower seeds while calmly asking is it good? and he snatched it! Although this is not much of a big step it's good to know that he's not that scared of my hands than before. I'm gonna try doing this everyday and overcome his fear.
ellieelectrons

Re: Proud of my chickster

Post by ellieelectrons »

Good on you. Lots of patience and doing your best not to force your bird into doing things it doesn't want to do will be rewarded in the long term.

Ellie.
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

Hi Ayeitsiya,
My 9mo Aero is way more scared than you. And I had him for 3 months. Trust me, consider this achievement a great one. For me that is a dream mission. It's like very hard for me to change his food and water without him panicking. So well done, btw what did you name him.
"Live with parrots and you learn to panic"

AlphaWolf
MissK

Post by MissK »

Ayeitsaya, congratulations! One step at a time. :D
-MissK