Moody IRN

Moderator: Mods

Ayeitsiya

Moody IRN

Post by Ayeitsiya »

I had this lil'guy for about 3 weeks now, 1st week I gave him space to settle down,2nd week I've tried to talk,sing,and just sit near his cage up to now..sometimes when I sit near his cage he goes close by and just stare at me..sometimes he freaks out and just go to the corner and would try to go further or worst at first he'll act calm and then randomly go closer and try to bite me.
Attachments
image.jpg
sanjays mummi

Re: Moody IRN

Post by sanjays mummi »

He is absolutely adorable! Sanjay was just the same, your chickster will get better
Ayeitsiya

Post by Ayeitsiya »

sanjays mummi wrote:He is absolutely adorable! Sanjay was just the same, your chickster will get better
Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

I am aloso having the trouble with my Dudes coming to me and biting. I suspect he just doesn't know what else to do when he gets on me if any of my skin is showing. He's fine with being on me if there isn't any skin lol.

Lovely bird by the way :)
Loo :)
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Apparently they bite because they do not want to be touched, its fear.
Ayeitsiya

Post by Ayeitsiya »

How do I help him to get over that fear?
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Ayeitsiya

You can help them overcome their fear by using positive reinforcement training. Become a treat dispenser in the eyes of your bird. There are lots of entries on this in the Behaviour/Taming section of the site that you might like to check out.

Ellie.
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

Hello Ayeitsiya,
What a beautiful bird you have there. My Aero is similar to this, he is afraid of me but there will be moments when he gets close. I think you should just start by giving him treats. Apple is a firm favourite! Btw, what photo effects did you use for the photo, it is absolutely stunning!
"Live with parrots and you learn to panic"

AlphaWolf
Ayeitsiya

Post by Ayeitsiya »

Hi AlphaWolf, sorry for the late reply! Thank you for your tip and compliment :) i used my iphone 5s and just focused it and then blurred the background with the app called aviary. Not too much of editing it took me like a minute.