6 Week old IRN first time owener

Moderator: Mods

teiko

6 Week old IRN first time owener

Post by teiko »

Okay i have a 6 week old IRN i want to know what i need to know to gain a great bond with him i want him to love me and want me Im still hand feeding him at the moment please help i want him to want me like i want him.

I also want to know what colour turn out to be?
Attachments
2013-09-28 18.12.41.jpg
chrisada

Re: 6 Week old IRN first time owener

Post by chrisada »

probably blue as i can see...

don't worry about loving you and loving him/her

you'll do just fine... just interract with her, don't get angry and wave your hands!! its a no no!

be always calm and gentle and the time will come sooner or later!!

But always be gentle to her/him, Always because a parrot bond especially for ringnecks can be broken quite easily!
if she/he screams ignore her and when she/he stops praise her and give her attention... lots of toys and lots of foraging toys...

ringnecks thing with their belly most so the more food the better the bond
lola13

Post by lola13 »

Aww,such a cutie. Definitely looks like it'll be blue! Keep interacting and I'm sure the bond will grow and it'll keep growing all its life.
I'm a first time irn owner and I've had my Lola for 7months she's untame but I wouldn't have her any other way ill be honest I do wish shed let me pat her and play games sometimes. I don't push her and we have a understanding.
Beautiful parrots they have such vibrant colours.
Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

So young and sweet :)

Hi and welcome, have fun here and with your new bluey :)

Loo :)
teiko

Post by teiko »

Thank you all so much i have him out all the time and he falls asleep on me every time he's such a cutie when do i start to wern him off and how he has stared to eat some apple already
teiko

Post by teiko »

He keeps wanting to get in his cage how can i stop that??
Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

I think cage time is important for birds, it gives them some peace and their own time to be themselves without being disturbed. Of course its natural you want your IRN to be with you a lot and to have a special bond but you should also listen and respect what its trying to tell you, and it sounds like it wants to be in the cage. If you let it have its own time then it makes the time outside the cage more special and itll also respect you more for giving it choices rather than forcing it to spend time with you.

InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Well said, loo!
Teiko: in the next 20 or so years your bird could live you will really appreciate him/her being independent and liking his/her cage!

If you search 'weaning really awesome info' in this forum you will find some great information about it. I'm sure the member Melika has written some great stuff here too.

All the best,
Claire