Pics Required to see how people feed their birds

Moderator: Mods

Wakizashi21

Pics Required to see how people feed their birds

Post by Wakizashi21 »

I am posting this on behalf of a friend who is interested to see how bird foods are given and what they contain.

I have tried to explain to him what to do but he wanted more different ideas of the final results of how to food look like when they are given to IRNs.

Can anyone post some pictures on here so i could show him different foods available to them?
Jen&Bug

Re: Pics Required to see how people feed their birds

Post by Jen&Bug »

Hi, I'm not good at posting pictures, but I found the following picture online:
http://jamiesparrothelp.wordpress.com/2 ... ot-skewer/

This is how I feed my birds fresh fruit and veges, every day. The skewer (or kabob) in the picture is bigger than the ones I usually make. I chop pieces of four different fruit/veges, like capsicum, apple, kiwifruit, tomato, grapes, cooked sweet potato, sweet corn...whatever I have in the fridge! The birds love it, and it's better than feeding them fruit and veges in a dish, as the pieces don't get thrown on the ground quite so quickly.

I also give them Tropican brand bird pellets every day, in a "Clean Cup" feeder (you can google this to find a picture), and I give them nuts as treats, which I feed by hand.

I hope this helps your friend.
Dixie-1

Post by Dixie-1 »

I think this is a little different for everyone, we just use three food dishes/cups one is for clean water, one is for seed which we add a little scoop of pellet food to, third cup is what we call soft foods fruits, veggies,Brown rice,whole wheat noodles,oatmeal,usually try to mix it up a bit. Plus hunks of fruit and veggies we may be eating that day. Nuts and dry cereal as treats given by hand.As long as a healty variety is presented. Whew,after reading that I would say Quinn eats a lot healthier than we probably do ! lol :mrgreen:
Just takin a break !

Wakizashi21

Post by Wakizashi21 »

Hahaha AWESOME! i would say mine tends to eat apple alot! it chews it up straight away ahaha and watching it eat is soo facinating! im going to actually try the kabob method! ill keep u posted the updates for sure!