I have a very mad bird

Moderator: Mods

BrendaDup

I have a very mad bird

Post by BrendaDup »

Hi, well I got some very devastating news last night my sister has breast cancer that has spread so being a migraine suffer I woke up with a bad one today , I got my son to school and was so sick I left her cover for a couple of hours longer then I usually do and I was notable to play with her, so when my migraine finally eased up I went in to give her some fruits and she just kept trying to attack me , so I brought he in my room like I do every evening and she is still mad she will not let me touch her, and if I try to touch her cage she goes for me ,I am just so hurt to think all of the time I have worked with her seems to have gone out the door. I tried to even give her a snack she came down took it and ran back to her cage . I just hope she is not angry tomorrow. Has anyone else have this happen?
MissK

Re: I have a very mad bird

Post by MissK »

Hi Brenda.

The bird is not mad at you for leaving the cover on too long.

It is very possible that, having your migraine and bad news, you behaved differently in some way, and that different behaviour is noticed by the bird. We all know now how birds may be unsettled by something new or "not right".

Or it could be coincidence.

Best wishes for a better tomorrow!
-MissK
BrendaDup

Post by BrendaDup »

Thanks MissK , she was better today , I really think they can feel what's going on .
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Firstly, my utmost sympathy for your sister and you. My husband died from Gullet Cancer in June, it had not spread, but it started bleeding and they could do no more for him. Anyway, I digress, when my husband started to get worse, noticed that Sanjay became very very quiet, he never annoyed daddi, in fact they used to call to each other, but of course he became too poorly to interact with Sanjay towards the end, Sanjay stayed quiet, then when my husband went into hospital, and then to the nursing home (where he died) Sanjay suddenly found his voice again. I am positive Sanjay knew, just as mammals know, his daddi was poorly.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Animals are very intuitive. Very sorry to hear about your bad news Brenda, and about your tragic loss Sanjay. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D