Do ringnecks like music ?

Moderator: Mods

Cormacity

Do ringnecks like music ?

Post by Cormacity »

I have a 4 week old ringneck and i noticed that when i whistle a song or watch mtv the baby really stayes quite but when i stop it starts crying again , do they like music ?
sanjays mummi

Re: Do ringnecks like music ?

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay loves music!, the louder the better,
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

My guess is that all ringnecks like music but they seem to have specific taste - they like some music more than others and some voices more than others.

Ellie.
Hakaishin

Post by Hakaishin »

Equate the intellect of the bird to a small child - and answer the question with that in mind.

Would a toddler like music?

Music is not a "sentient" enjoyment. There is actually an area of the brain - of all mammals - that registers sound, and with it, whether it is pleasant or not. We as humans read emotion into music as well - and the same can be said of animals, to include IRNs.

I'd place my stake with Ellie's comment - it's safe to say all ringnecks like music (just as all humans do whether they admit it or not, as the brain registers pleasant sounds as separate from offensive ones) - however as each bird - just as each human - is an individual, their tastes will vary and what may be pleasant to one won't necessarily mimic to the other.

I like Disturbed - but my Conure would rather listen to Christmas music all day.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

My conure loves hip hop...yuck...no taste in music :)
My tiels love TV jingles
Skye and hamlet like country music
Cyrano falls asleep to the rhythm of my heart beating :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

MissK

Post by MissK »

Time for Christmas Music in my house! I've made it all the way through the alphabet to the Charlie Daniels Christmas CD (Christmas Time Down South), and *BAM*- there's Rocky chiming in. Now, "country" music is far from being a staple here. It's more the big exception than the rule, but I try not let a label stand between me and something good. So, we have Dolly, and we have Patsy, and we have Charlie Daniels, at least, at Christmas.

Here's the song that got Rocky all revved up:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxsRHC2GK9w

This is a fine song, but Charlie, if you're reading, it's EITHER the red coat OR the red boots. Not both, dear. Please.
-MissK
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I think they llke what we like, Billie likes Classical music. and she lieks me playing the organ both classical and pops but there was some opera a woman sang Billie was very alert l thought for one minute Billie was going to have a duet but no.
AJPeter