Scared IRN

Moderator: Mods

michelle051

Scared IRN

Post by michelle051 »

Hello :) so three days ago i bought IRN in pet shop. They have said to me that it is 2 years old bird - probably female .. She is not hand-feeded and she is really scared of me :( ...What can I do ? In the pet shop they have feed her just with seeds and water and there wasn´t any toys in her cage :/ I gave her cucumber,apples,carrot... and she really likes it.
Sorry for my english im from Slovakia
Dean0

Re: Scared IRN

Post by Dean0 »

Speak to her before you enter the room. When you get close enough that she starts fussing freeze, then don't retreat until she gets quiet again. Wait a few minutes and go in again hopefully she will let you get closer and closer, if not maybe retreat a step or two until she quiets then sit and talk awhile or let her watch you read a book or something. Don't make eye contact while she is spooked. Hopefully this will help.
Just another bird brain
michelle051

Post by michelle051 »

Its 7 days since i have her home and she is not that scared anymore :) She have got leg ring and the year of hatch is 07 so she is actually 6 years old :o ..But she is really sweet and yesterday she almost took a seed from my hand :)
MissK

Post by MissK »

Congratulations, Michelle!

-MissK
-MissK
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

Hi Michelle, Congrats! Keep up and surely she will take food from your hand as she gets used to you.

Ash
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Time and Patience pays off every time .. Congratulations ! :-) Welcome to the Family

Angie
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless