More Progress.

Moderator: Mods

kanundra

More Progress.

Post by kanundra »

I'm only on a few parrot forums. And seeing as I like to be active. I thought I'd post about our progress with our IRN Bobby today.

We took him in as a friend wanted to re-home him. And we've had him just over 4 weeks now. He was pretty scared at first, but I took to talking to him and sitting by his cage. We got him a new cage... and he's really come along since then. He bathes every day, although in my perch bowl. And the last week he's started taking veggies from my hands.

Today while eating our dinner, he was so excited in his cage. I finished mine and let him out, after grabbing a bowl of stir fry veg I kept to one side for him. At first he took a bit then went to his cage to eat it. But he was back for more. Very eager.

Took him a minute, but he flew to my legs.... sat on them and let me hand feed him for about 10 mins He is such a little character. I am so amazed at how smart and cute he is.

I want to touch him, but I don't think he's quite ready for that step yet. And I really want to get him used to stepping up.

One day at a time.

Dawn
InTheAir

Re: More Progress.

Post by InTheAir »

Hey dawn,

That's great, it sounds like you have a lovely little bird. And it's great your so patient with him, that's the key to building a trusting relationship.

I'll look forward to hearing more stories about your progress with him.

Claire