What happened?! Please help me..

Moderator: Mods

tobiloh

What happened?! Please help me..

Post by tobiloh »

Hi!

I hand raised my baby, Beau, since he was 3 weeks old. He is now two months. Up until about a week ago, he was such a sweet baby, he and I would spend hours watching TV together, him snuggled against my cheek fast asleep, grinding his beak.

Now, he wont even let me pet him! When I put him on my tummy (like we normally did), instead of coming for pets, he lunges at my fingers and bites me so hard! (Doesn't draw blood but I definitely see that he's testing his limits). Our other baby bird, Blizzard, is his brother/sister and does not behave like this! It is as if Blizzard were still a baby and Beau were a rebelious biker child! Huge difference!

I'm so heartbroken that I cannot pet him anymore. He'll duck away or lunge at my hand slowly with his beak and I don't push him. I got him some great chew toys and also bought him some foraging toys.. try training with him but he is so disagreeable ATM that he doesn't even hop out of his cage like he used to. Instead, he'll go INTO his cage!

This difference is killing me... is there anything I can do? Please help
MissK

Re: What happened?! Please help me..

Post by MissK »

Hi. Please read up on "bluffing stage".

-MissK
-MissK
LoveCharlie

Re: What happened?! Please help me..

Post by LoveCharlie »

Hello there,

I know very little about birds but i do know a bit on your topic, its the BLUFFING stage, our Charlie now over a year old, has passed that behavior, please read it from this site. Its awesome information but you must be patient, :!:

We read a lot of information b4 getting our baby and decided to risk it all and still get a ringneck, she is wonderful and loving. Would not have it any other way.

Hold on and give him or her time,

Awesome reward after bluffing has passed

Cindy :D