sirius-malfoy ... update

Moderator: Mods

amaraatlanta

sirius-malfoy ... update

Post by amaraatlanta »

My baby boy is getting so much better everyday, and this site has been amazing with the advise and other members experiences.

I purchased him a new swing, foregoing toy and large bell hanging toy, :D I cleaned him out and changed his toys and perches around.. wow what a different bird :lol: he is playing fab with his toys. He is totally calm when I am in the cage with out the glove and he is happy in and out having a wonder.

I am just leaving him to play and come to me when he is ready, I am offering treats daily from my hand but not approaching him and he is getting closer and closer bless him. 8)

I made the sweet potato mash with chopped veg in it, and he went mad for it and he loves boiled egg with shell. :shock:

I am however thinking of changing him from seed mix to harrisons pellets as he only eats the sunflower seeds :o

I will post pics later today, so you can all see how much more relaxed he is :wink:

Thanks you all so much for this site and all advise given :D

Sue

SUE

Owned by Sirius-Malfoy (IRN) Splodge and Omar (budgies) 5boys and a hubby lol
InTheAir

Re: sirius-malfoy ... update

Post by InTheAir »

That's great. I love hearing happy ringneck stories!
Our vet highly recommends pellets.
amaraatlanta

Post by amaraatlanta »

Im just waiting for them to arrive :D

I hope he likes them :wink:

SUE

kanundra

Post by kanundra »

What are the pellets? A more rounded food. I like that idea, as at the moment what my IRN was on, is now all over the bottom of the cage as anything he doesn't like he spits out. What a waste.... he likes apples and grapes though :)
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

kanundra wrote:What are the pellets? A more rounded food. I like that idea, as at the moment what my IRN was on, is now all over the bottom of the cage as anything he doesn't like he spits out. What a waste.... he likes apples and grapes though :)
Pellets are a formulated diet. The bird can't pick out its favourite parts as it is processed evenly.
Our bird makes a mess no matter what he is eating, its a normal parrot thing... Our bird makes a pig look like a tidy eater! lol but with pellets there are no seed husks, so i guess it could be tidier.

Claire
MissK

Post by MissK »

Please do make sure you take the time to read what's in the pellets. They are not all the same. Harrison's is the best I've seen, but it may not be available everywhere.

-MissK
-MissK
amaraatlanta

Post by amaraatlanta »

MissK wrote:Please do make sure you take the time to read what's in the pellets. They are not all the same. Harrison's is the best I've seen, but it may not be available everywhere.

-MissK
Harrison's is what I am using they arrived and he really really loves them, and due to not being able to pick out the treats he has now started to take seeds and treats from my hand (and without a glove, no more skin fear) as not in the bowl any more woohoo bonding has began properly :wink: :D

SUE