any tips to encourage self bathing

Moderator: Mods

Fidgit_Green

any tips to encourage self bathing

Post by Fidgit_Green »

i was just wondering if anyone had any advice that could encourage Fidgit to start bathing himself is a dish of water?

now, i know that ringnecks often have a preferred way that they like to be bathed, but i would like to know that he has actually had the chance to decide which way he prefers.

i usually give him his bath by misting him with a spray bottle and he i generally happy to get into it.
i have tried to get him interested by giving him a dish of water but he only seems to want to drink from it and wont bother with it otherwise.
i have put some water in the sink and put him in it but he just spends the whole time trying to get out of the sink.
but the interesting thing is that sometimes when he is on my shoulder and i am in the kitchen and i rum the tap, he gets all worked and starts climbing down me all puffed up like and acting like he wants to get in for a bath, but if i put him in the sink for a bath, again he just tries to get out.

i have also tried having him in the shower with me on a perch but he was keen on being under the shower at all, and the i grabbed the spray bottle and he got into that for a minute but still wasnt happy about being in the shower.

i would just like to find a way to encourage his natural instinct for bathing himself.

any advice would be much appreciated.
thanks everyone.
MissK

Re: any tips to encourage self bathing

Post by MissK »

You could try providing a shallow, wide dish, like a glass pie pan, and put some attractive toy, vegetable, or fruit in the middle. Wouldn't hurt to also line it with a cloth for traction.

-MissK
-MissK